Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

I have my reasons, but there is no reason for Gaspy to assume that you're 3rd party and not scum. Even as making a joke. There was one kill last night, and no other killers as far as we know.

This is a real stretch buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only person who merk actually pushed against was asf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

CapitalistPig posted:

This is a real stretch buddy.

I don't think so.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Toalpaz, can I get you to ponder something? If scum didn't do the kill, why would gaspy me, some who he disaccosites as scum, consider the one to do the kill?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

I don't think so.

*hint* You might want to think through this as a lens as someone who has played fft *hint*

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

Toalpaz, can I get you to ponder something? If scum didn't do the kill, why would gaspy me, some who he disaccosites as scum, consider the one to do the kill?

It was a reference to FF wasn't it? You would enact vengeance for getting Gaspy lunched? It was a reference to a lunch, and the context doesn't involve scum or 3rd party at all.

Gaspy said it by accident because Gaspy is burdened with scum knowledge. Gaspy referenced something only scum would know at this point, if there was a 3rd party kill last night rather than scum just a scum kill. Normal town would have never phrased it like that.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

imgay posted:

If AS was town why the hell would you claim then.

Toalpaz posted:

I have my reasons, but there is no reason for Gaspy to assume that you're 3rd party and not scum. Even as making a joke. There was one kill last night, and no other killers as far as we know.

i thought your reasons for claiming was that jimmy said he got a scum result on you, you claimed vt, he said actually i'm a gunsmith and know you have a killing role, and then you claimed cop and that you copped me

also re: the gaspy thing, i'm not convinced he'd make that kind of slip but not ruling it out

imgay posted:

The only person who merk actually pushed against was asf

merk also pushed toalpaz at the end. i wish he wasn't dead

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Could we not talk about ongoing games please?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Lol you clowns. I said 3P because if imgay was scum there’s zero chance his scum team would let him pick the NK.

Good to see scum falling over themselves to look halfway thoughtful, though.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

Lol you clowns. I said 3P because if imgay was scum there’s zero chance his scum team would let him pick the NK.

Good to see scum falling over themselves to look halfway thoughtful, though.

lol okay. With that statement in I'll fully claim cause I'm going to sleep and want to stop thinking about this.

I'm Town Joat Xander Harris. My one shots are Cop, Vig, Bulletproof, and Hide.

Last night I copped AS and got a town result. My bulletproof was also used, so I was the target of a nightkill.

I didn't use my vig, so there's probably a SK in the game. Only Scum and the SK would have also known about the possibility of a 3rd party kill beyond just Merk. And only scum would suggest leap to a 3rd party explanation over scum kill in that situation, because I was probably the target of scum kill, not merk.

Okay, all my cards are on the table, I don't care about dying now because I've confirmed a townie, eaten a NK, and hopefully will trade with a scum peaceee.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Nah 100% scum joat

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also looking at “who was Merk suspicious of” is amateur hour bullshit. Only the most timorous of scum use that as their selection for the NK, it’s actually usually either a) what WON’T path back to them or b) who supported them, so that a town’s town choices are weighed more heavily.

So Toalpaz is like thrice confirmed scum at this point.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm good with a Toal vote, that was a good gambit Jimmy, also textbook enough to be entirely believable for a first game.

##vote toalpaz

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol AS as if I was being serious.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

Lol AS as if I was being serious.

?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It legit is one of the suggested strategies if you look it up though? It totally makes sense as a thing for Jimmy yo do.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh i was responding to atomic soda from earlier.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Atomic Soda posted:

yeah i'd like an explanation from dancer for his vote switch at last minute yesterday.

I thought things through and decided there's some universes in which ecco isn't scum. Toalpaz on also looked scummy. I decided that I'd prefer a Toalpaz lynch. And, I emphasized the I would continue being there until the deadline, which I was, and I moved to the vote leader when it was getting close. My vote made no difference. And, I dunno, it's almost like I explained all of this when I actually made the vote yesterday, and demanding the same explanation again are trying to distract from someone else.

You want to get angry at someone for causing the no-lynch, look at CPig who was actually there for deadline and "lol nope" (and possibly also some others). Like, I obviously managed to reach a point where I had some semblance of trust in ecco, but this person, who has had basically zero communication with her, on day 1 of this here mafia game, has decided purely on meta that "yeah that's a gambit and she's town" and caused a no-lynch. Ecco was at -1 when the day ended, he could've single-handedly changed the outcome but he's really good at mafia you guys so a no-lynch is better because he says so.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dancer posted:

You want to get angry at someone for causing the no-lynch, look at CPig who was actually there for deadline and "lol nope" (and possibly also some others). Like, I obviously managed to reach a point where I had some semblance of trust in ecco, but this person, who has had basically zero communication with her, on day 1 of this here mafia game, has decided purely on meta that "yeah that's a gambit and she's town" and caused a no-lynch. Ecco was at -1 when the day ended, he could've single-handedly changed the outcome but he's really good at mafia you guys so a no-lynch is better because he says so.

Number 1 - I never said anywhere that I was good at mafia.

Number 2 - ecco was at -2, it only looks like -1 because willie voted after deadline had passed. So that kinda shatters that "Cpig singlehandedly caused a no lynch" theory.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
1) Willie voted at 4:00, you don't know if that counts as before or after deadline.
2) Willie made it clear that he was intending to vote for the vote leader, while Ecco was at -3 (-2 after Hal's vote). I never said you single-handely caused it, just that you could've stopped it, and you chose not to. How about you explain that part instead of deflecting with irrelevant minutiae.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dancer posted:

1) Willie voted at 4:00, you don't know if that counts as before or after deadline.

Yes I do, because that's how loving mafia works.

Dancer posted:

2) I never said you single-handely caused it, just that you could've stopped it, and you chose not to.

Dancer posted:

and caused a no-lynch.

:allears:

Dancer
May 23, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes I do, because that's how loving mafia works.

:allears:

Okay fine I misspoke. Can you answer the loving question? Did you prefer no-lynch over ecco vote y/n, and why?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dancer posted:

Okay fine I misspoke. Can you answer the loving question? Did you prefer no-lynch over ecco vote y/n, and why?

I very vocally stated why I refused to vote for ecco.

You could try reading the game you are in.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I very vocally stated why I refused to vote for ecco.

You could try reading the game you are in.

You could try not being a passive agressive poo poo but I guess we can't all have what we want.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dancer posted:

You could try not being a passive agressive poo poo but I guess we can't all have what we want.

It's not my job to read the game for you.

gently caress off.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dancer posted:

I thought things through and decided there's some universes in which ecco isn't scum. Toalpaz on also looked scummy. I decided that I'd prefer a Toalpaz lynch. And, I emphasized the I would continue being there until the deadline, which I was, and I moved to the vote leader when it was getting close. My vote made no difference. And, I dunno, it's almost like I explained all of this when I actually made the vote yesterday, and demanding the same explanation again are trying to distract from someone else.

I was around near deadline and decided against voting ecco. Hal even called me out for my cpig vote.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

CapitalistPig posted:

It's not my job to read the game for you.

gently caress off.

Or you know, we could all try and work together.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Now now kiddies, everything is pointless. At least let me pretend like something is not. Hold hands sing loving kumbaya it's a game. TIA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Toal claims to have eaten an NK so gaspy suggesting 3p kill in combination with toals claim....

I would vote gaspy or ecco so far today

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Toal claims to have eaten an NK so gaspy suggesting 3p kill in combination with toals claim....

I would vote gaspy or ecco so far today

To me the significance goes even beyond that, don't forget gaspy had that weird thing with being on Ecco's pm. That might not mean anything, but it also could have meant scum team was shuffled before being paired with the traitor imo. A mark against gaspy and dancer imo.

That's kinda speculation, and there isn't evidence backing it up. But here's something:

Scum team knows I didn't die last night, and is also fishing for a reason why. They make Jimmy, probably the night killer, claim that they copped me. The reason why is that I was probably only visited once, and they want a reason for Jimmy to have visited me before the NK info comes out in case someone is watching.

The info that they get there is probably lunching me, confirming the existence of a doctor, trying to confirm the existence of a SK (judging by the gunsmith gambit), etc.

The important thing about that gambit is that you don't have to be an investigator for it to work, and if Jimmy was pretty sure I was either JOAT or being doctor'd that play would be very good for scum. In addition it explains why dancer or ecco weren't copped to put that discussion to rest.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Toalpaz posted:

To me the significance goes even beyond that, don't forget gaspy had that weird thing with being on Ecco's pm. That might not mean anything, but it also could have meant scum team was shuffled before being paired with the traitor imo. A mark against gaspy and dancer imo.

That's kinda speculation, and there isn't evidence backing it up. But here's something:

Scum team knows I didn't die last night, and is also fishing for a reason why. They make Jimmy, probably the night killer, claim that they copped me. The reason why is that I was probably only visited once, and they want a reason for Jimmy to have visited me before the NK info comes out in case someone is watching.

The info that they get there is probably lunching me, confirming the existence of a doctor, trying to confirm the existence of a SK (judging by the gunsmith gambit), etc.

The important thing about that gambit is that you don't have to be an investigator for it to work, and if Jimmy was pretty sure I was either JOAT or being doctor'd that play would be very good for scum. In addition it explains why dancer or ecco weren't copped to put that discussion to rest.

The reason I didn’t investigate Dancer or Ecco was that everyone was focusing on them yesterday and I thought they’d be the focus of night actions. People had suspicions of you yesterday and that’s why I went for you. How the hell was I supposed to know a JOAT was in play or the doctor would target you? I haven’t even heard of a JOAT until today. I can pull of the simple gambit like the one I pulled on you yesterday, but the fact that you assume I can pull off the level of gambit that you’re supposing I can pull off is a compliment, but highly unlikely.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean, you could have been helped. I'm trying to see it from the scum perspective, it was probably more like this in scum chat:

Go kill Toalpaz, no one will miss them.

-later-

What if they were watched? Say you have a result.

Etc

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Am I being suspected of being spy? Where has this come from? Do people legitimately think I’m scum? If so, where did it come from?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

willie_dee posted:

Or you know, we could all try and work together.

Or you know, if someone is too lazy to go back and read words then maybe they shouldn't sing up for a mafia game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This game used to be about yelling at people and calling them dumb. What happened?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

Holy poo poo, did you just sway me with words.

##unvote

I'd like to think about this.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

jimmydalad posted:

Am I being suspected of being spy? Where has this come from? Do people legitimately think I’m scum? If so, where did it come from?

They are saying you are scum, and your scumbuddies helped you. hth.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Toalpaz posted:

jimmydalad posted:

The reason I didn’t investigate Dancer or Ecco was that everyone was focusing on them yesterday and I thought they’d be the focus of night actions. People had suspicions of you yesterday and that’s why I went for you. How the hell was I supposed to know a JOAT was in play or the doctor would target you? I haven’t even heard of a JOAT until today. I can pull of the simple gambit like the one I pulled on you yesterday, but the fact that you assume I can pull off the level of gambit that you’re supposing I can pull off is a compliment, but highly unlikely.

argh, these posts are making it hard for me to decide which one is lying scum. Could they both be town?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

They are saying you are scum, and your scumbuddies helped you. hth.

Well, what do you want me to do to prove my identity? Toalpaz has more experience playing the game and making GBS threads nice words out of their rear end to make them look innocent. I’ve been honest throughout with what my intentions have been and all my thought processes for my actions. If you honestly believe all my actions are part of some massive scum conspiracy to get Toalpaz voted off than you are going to lose. I’m saying all this cause punching me is a really loving stupid move and you’ll all look like idiots. I want town to win and each of my points have had their thought processes layed out, even if they may not be the best points.

The only reason I came out was to explain why I was suspicious of Cpig’s claim. I did what I thought was beneficial for town. I have no idea what I am doing and people are gonna talk words around me but I swear on my life that I am Town. I am Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She is my flavour claim. I am the gunsmith and I’ve explained exactly how the role I’ve been given works and expanded on it to cover for things like if all scum or only the killer was the one to come back pos.

I am town and if you lynch me you’re gonna all look really loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I wasn't necessarily saying you were scum. I was explaining what toal was saying because you seemed confused.

Right now I'm honestly getting the feeling you both may be town.

• Locked thread