Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnBoomstick
Jan 20, 2006
:smuggo:UNFERTALIZED CHICKIES:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
You have to promise me, thread

Put Aldrin in. the. ground.

😡

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

raditts posted:

Yeah, this is why some drug ads tell you nothing about what it is or what it does and just say stuff like "Ask your doctor if Invisible Potion is right for you."

If they tell you what it does, they also have to tell you all the reported side effects.

It used to be that if you said the name and what it does, you had to report the side effects, so companies would get two 15-second spots, where one was super vague like "There's a new drug for allergies available. Talk to your doctor." and then like 30 seconds later, you'd get that spot where the guy climbs to the top of a big mesa and yells out "ZYRTEC!" and that's it.

If you were watching, you knew Zyrtec was the new allergy drug, but technically they were separate commercials.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
CALL JG WENTWORTH

877-CASH-NOW

is currently stuck in my head.

drat jingles.

raditts posted:

If they tell you what it does, they also have to tell you all the reported side effects.

Yeah and they speed up the speech 1000% so while you can still ascertain the words, it’s impossible to actually comprehend wtf they’re actually saying.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

I miss Amplitude :(

And yeah, who the hell goes to Israel for laughs

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Burger King has revived its ad with two CTE-addled bros comparing a whopper to a penthouse. I thought I was done with 2017's lovely ads.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ElwoodCuse posted:

I miss Amplitude :(

And yeah, who the hell goes to Israel for laughs

sociopaths

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My #1 pet peeve with drug ads is when they state "Don't take Fancydrug if you are allergic to Fancydrug." Like... yeah, no poo poo? I wonder what legal battle happened that set this precedent.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DizzyBum posted:

My #1 pet peeve with drug ads is when they state "Don't take Fancydrug if you are allergic to Fancydrug." Like... yeah, no poo poo? I wonder what legal battle happened that set this precedent.

I’ve had to go to a 911 call where someone with a diagnosed severe apple allergy ate an apple. And I don’t mean, ate something with apples in it, I mean just bit into a big juicy apple because he took a Claritin that day and thought he’d be fine. People are stupid.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’ve had to go to a 911 call where someone with a diagnosed severe apple allergy ate an apple. And I don’t mean, ate something with apples in it, I mean just bit into a big juicy apple because he took a Claritin that day and thought he’d be fine. People are stupid.

This is why I I've got a blanket ban on the most common cross-contact vectors for my peanut allergy (chocolate and tree nuts). It's not as silly as your example but I don't want to go through life thinking "well this SHOULD be okay".

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

It’s the free space on the bingo card of the number of side effects they’re forced to mention

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Don't know what you guys are worried about, I'm sure your bosses are looking out for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK_UB8Thctg

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Unkempt posted:

Don't know what you guys are worried about, I'm sure your bosses are looking out for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK_UB8Thctg

I thought this was gonna be something like company scrip from your comment...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, ok. Arbys new ad campaign is Jon Benjamin pretending to be their head chef for some reason.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

DizzyBum posted:

On this topic...

Dear dancer dude on the Truvada for PrEP ad: good on you for starring in a commercial for such an important medication, and for helping further normalize LGBTQ+ people in our culture.

However, your hair looks like that of a Dr. Seuss character.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this! posted:

Uh, ok. Arbys new ad campaign is Jon Benjamin pretending to be their head chef for some reason.

They quit using Ving Rhames? Insanity!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Nope, Ving Rhames is still there, they're just also using H. Jon Benjamin.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Gaunab posted:

Nope, Ving Rhames is still there, they're just also using H. Jon Benjamin.

One has the voice for the body. The other has the body for the voice.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

jojoinnit posted:

One has the voice for the body. The other has the body for the voice.

...for sandwiches!

As much as I enjoy his voice work, Arby's is gonna run this straight into the ground.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Does Jon Benjamin look like a bitch?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

muscles like this! posted:

Bob Burger is rolling over in his grave.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What with the Chrysler ad about a lady wanting to gently caress her minivan?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1_uGY50II4

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This is a real product‽ Why‽

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I see shitloads of people using them to get to the train station. It's not as cumbersome as a bike and you don't have to worry about someone stealing it while you leave it at the station.

If I lived a bit farther I'd definitely consider getting one.

Content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLyTzHax65o

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

StormDrain posted:

Hi we’re the Salmon sisters...

Every time that commercial comes on I hear this skit from Eric Andre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpiMFL-3d34

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You guys have a lot of wrong (or at the very least, distorted) ideas about what drug ads have to include.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/resourcesforyou/consumers/prescriptiondrugadvertising/ucm072077.htm

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The Pur ad with the guy flipping out about lead is dumb and I wish it to go away. Also, I don't know why they went Italian mobster for casting on that ad but here we are.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

There's an ad that runs on the digital broadcast subchannels for a zit vacuum that sucks the grease and pus out of your hideous face boils and combined with the voiceover that's way too enthusiastic about pimple goo it's one of the most lunch-regurgitating things I've ever seen.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Our shoes are made for men who demand quality and disdain mediocrity!

*Films commercial at Cleveland Browns stadium*

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The post Malone call of duty commercial is very bad.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Post Malone really needs to just disappear forever.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Oasis Financial killed a man, they really helped me out!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
What the poo poo is with the Aldi commercial with the grown man sitting in the cart? Is this supposed to make me want to shop at Aldi?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

packetmantis posted:

What the poo poo is with the Aldi commercial with the grown man sitting in the cart? Is this supposed to make me want to shop at Aldi?

I see it like 10 times a night on Hulu.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

packetmantis posted:

YOu should want to shop at Aldi without a commercial

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Seriously. The fact that I only discovered Aldi around 3 years ago makes my wallet weep.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Seriously. The fact that I only discovered Aldi around 3 years ago makes my wallet weep.

:yossame:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's really weird that after years of not doing anything all of a sudden League of Legends has been doing a lot of TV ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I've enjoyed the Progressive insurance ad ridiculing the awful Chevrolet commercial premise.