Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mysterio, maybe? His WWE deal was done pretty recently, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phenix Rising posted:

Mysterio replacing Konnan for the LAX match would have made more sense

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Phenix Rising posted:

Was never gonna happen once WWE announced him for Smackdown next week

Jericho makes sense given his ties to Callis, but I'm also thinking it could've been Joey Janela, with the injury being the "tough break for all involved"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

Was never gonna happen once WWE announced him for Smackdown next week

Jericho makes sense given his ties to Callis, but I'm also thinking it could've been Joey Janela, with the injury being the "tough break for all involved"

Ohhh Janela is a good call. The "tough break" thing definitely sounds like something along those lines.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
janela is from jersey, not a new yorker :colbert:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

janela is from jersey, not a new yorker :colbert:

The actual New Yorker was James Ellsworth, from Maryland

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

flashy_mcflash posted:

The actual New Yorker was James Ellsworth, from Maryland

He had a girlfriend from Staten Island and she let him live in his basement for a while. It counts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/status/1051667510704128002

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's time for everyone's favorite game, Is It A Stupid Angle Or Aries Being A Dumb Pissbaby!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Nothing says "babyface finally wins the belt on the biggest show of the year" like dropping it in the ring and talking to some fans instead.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That main event had a couple of real stiff shots, that whether planned or not really made it seem like a personal affair.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That is a really generic theme song too.....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

freeranger posted:

That is a really generic theme song too.....

It's an extremely WCW theme to play during an extremely WCW PPV ending.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

That was a quite fun show. OGz and LAX deserve a medal for not just keeping that match from imploding, but making it succeed. Knockout's Title was also great. Good work Impact.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Aries lost the Impact title tonight.

#askquestions

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
That was a really great show

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1051659248021704704/video/1

there's a pretty decent chance i'm going to go to this

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh, whoops. I don't pay attention to Impact much so didn't realize that open challenge was for New Yorkers only which made my Mysterio guess way off. Curious about the original plan, still.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Just screenshot his timeline rov, these heavy tweeters move fast so this post is vague as gently caress

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

Oh, whoops. I don't pay attention to Impact much so didn't realize that open challenge was for New Yorkers only which made my Mysterio guess way off. Curious about the original plan, still.

It didn't matter, neither person who answered it was a New Yorker.

Also lol that ending, they just can't help but be themselves, no matter who is in charge.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What was the original plan, rov?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Edit: Wrong thread

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 15, 2018

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's time for everyone's favorite game, Is It A Stupid Angle Or Aries Being A Dumb Pissbaby!

Who says it can't be both? It's Aries we're talking about, so even if this is a work, it is being written to his main ability, that being an rear end in a top hat to work with.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Abyss's hall of fame induction and the whole last week of build have been about Aries being a piece of poo poo, but no-selling a championship match finish and swearing at an announcer, completely ignored by commentary and being the only talk after a really good show, is weird and bad, and reads like Aries learning he was fired just before he went out tonight.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't know which would be funnier, them trying to run yet another worked-shoot angle, or them telling Aries he was fired then letting him main-event their biggest PPV of the year.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

...but it all began in Huntsville, Alabama. Can't even get their history right.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer said the plan for Eli Drake's opponent last night was Low Ki. Which might be the case.

But I heard at the time of the last TV tapings the plan was Joey Janela.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
So did TNA fans actually believe that Jericho would waste his time with a >1000 fan Impact show?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Meltzer said the plan for Eli Drake's opponent last night was Low Ki. Which might be the case.

But I heard at the time of the last TV tapings the plan was Joey Janela.

dangit :negative: mostly on the Janela thing because that really sucks, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also kinda interested in the next Low Ki/TNA trainwreck unfolding, because those sides can't be together for even a night without something going incredibly wrong

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ThePariah posted:

So did TNA fans actually believe that Jericho would waste his time with a >1000 fan Impact show?

What's a TNA fan? In terms of the hardcore internet zealots yes. Newssites ran with the idea for clickbait type reasons. IMPACT TV was promoting the Jericho Cruise a lot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

dangit :negative: mostly on the Janela thing because that really sucks, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also kinda interested in the next Low Ki/TNA trainwreck unfolding, because those sides can't be together for even a night without something going incredibly wrong

It would have been hilarious to potentially have two worked shoot tantrums on the same show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jericho is from Winnipeg, you idiots.

So what's next on the Austin Aires embarrassment tour? I think he's already ticked all the boxes.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

So what's next on the Austin Aires embarrassment tour? I think he's already ticked all the boxes.

Has he embarrassed himself in NJPW yet?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

Has he embarrassed himself in NJPW yet?

Meij would have him publicly flogged.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

coconono posted:

Born in Manhasset, New York.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

J-Ro posted:

Born in Manhasset, New York.

He grew up in Winnipeg and moved back when his NHL player dad retired.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Just realized there's a non-zero chance that Jeff Jarrett shows up to a NWA:TNA event in 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1051899780945891329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

For what little I watched of that show last night their production as a whole was garbage