Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Spawn points and nests changed. Drove out on my lunch break to a local Charmander nest and there were none around at all. Couldn't tell what it became as its a huge water-type area to begin with.

Edit: So it looks like the CP rebalance is live. I just caught a cp357 Dratini I had in my research task que and it turned into a cp420.

Fake James fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
New patch notes: bug fixes. I log in and a screen pops up to tell me to try AR+! I clicked on "show me more" and the game crashed. Nice fixes.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
looks like the CP rebalance forces you to use a bunch of potions on all your pokemon too!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Did they just push the rebalance update out? ALL of my pokemon are missing varying degrees of HP and require potions lmao.

:niantic:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Every pokemon I just caught needed potions. Lol, dumpster.

Guess I need to look at my old ones

E: gonna update first

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Came here to say the same thing. Practically every single Pokémon I have needs a potion.

I also thought this would enable AR+ on my phone (galaxy s7) but I'm not seeing it, even though I have AR Core installed and am on a supported device.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

So apparently if you didn't give camera permission but you turn on AR + it crashes the game. And now I can't turn AR+ back off because I don't even see a setting for it and I really hate it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
So is there now a chart of the newest best pokemon? Sounds like Alakazam is actually pretty decent now but want to know if there's a chart to use that tells you what to power up.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Centzon Totochtin posted:

looks like the CP rebalance forces you to use a bunch of potions on all your pokemon too!

Just came to post this

:wtc:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
IT DELETED ONE OF MY FRIENDS AND REPLACED IT WITH A DUPLICATE OF AN ADJACENT FRIEND HAHAHA

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

FrensaGeran posted:

Sinnoh my god I'm gonna cum

Okay, for any of these puns to work, we need to at least establish if "sinnoh" is to be used as "sin no", "no" or "oh." This is just chaos, I CAN'T WORK UNDER THESE CONDITIONS!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Siets posted:

Did they just push the rebalance update out? ALL of my pokemon are missing varying degrees of HP and require potions lmao.

:ughh:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Calcy IV is having trouble reading some of my Pokemon now and telling me invalid combination if I manually enter numbers

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

FistEnergy posted:

Just came to post this

:wtc:

Aaaahahahah 600+ of my pokemon need a purple potion, that owns.. I can only imagine how the level 40 players that suffer from mental disorders must feel.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Centzon Totochtin posted:

IT DELETED ONE OF MY FRIENDS AND REPLACED IT WITH A DUPLICATE OF AN ADJACENT FRIEND HAHAHA

I'd double-check your Google login credentials and reset your password. Sounds like Dr Tran may have logged in on your account.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Wheany posted:

Okay, for any of these puns to work, we need to at least establish if "sinnoh" is to be used as "sin no", "no" or "oh." This is just chaos, I CAN'T WORK UNDER THESE CONDITIONS!

it all depends on the sinnohtax of the sentence

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The rebalance is fake, Niantic just slapped every single pokemon ever in the head.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Pez posted:

Calcy IV is having trouble reading some of my Pokemon now and telling me invalid combination if I manually enter numbers

Well, yeah. They'll need to figure out the new formulas and update their app.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This is a pretty funny bug and I don't mind since I already have 200+ max potions in reserve. I figure I only really need to heal anything above 2000 CP anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1051906924399271936

RIP all our 666s and 420s

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Pez posted:

yep gotta wait for an update.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I lost my cp420 chikorita, bullshit update.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Siets posted:

yw

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Check your 'mons again. I just did and it looks like the stats got rolled back to previous values. CP is back to what it was before.

e: VVVVVVV I also had my HP put back to what it was and only Chanseys need healing now.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

HP just fixed itself. Went from 400ish pokemon needing healing to one, a chansey.

edit: which makes sense, because that chansey lost HP when CP changed.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 15, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They are literally turning it off and on again to stop the HP blunder.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
:laffo:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hardc0r3uf0, I think I got your friend code from here. We are about to hit Ultrafriends. This is usually hard to coordinate, but if Gen4 pops in forty minutes, I'll pop an egg and send you the final gift. Hopefully you get this message in time.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

It would be amazing if Gen 4 suddenly launched at 4 PM because we have an EX raid starting at 4:30 and we would just lose our poo poo. Not expecting it, but oh man, if only.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

:glomp:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They are literally turning it off and on again to stop the HP blunder.

Live from Niantic HQ:

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Rumour is going round that new pokemon will appear in 15m (10pm CEST)!

Also, just tried out the new update:

Pros:
When I catch a pokemon, there's now a faint grey background behind the words "Nice" and "Gotcha!"

Cons:
Hung 4 times while catching pokemon, forcing a restart
I now have to wait 5 seconds between spinning a stop and getting a task from it

So, uh, good job I guess?

edit: Oh yeah, they seem to have messed around with the size of the circle around your character. It seems to be bigger, and more closely matches the actual distance you need to be from a stop. So that's another pro!

Gerblyn fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 15, 2018

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007
The Sinnoh-dex is showing up now in the Pokedex section, albeit with no pokemon listed.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Louisgod posted:

So is there now a chart of the newest best pokemon? Sounds like Alakazam is actually pretty decent now but want to know if there's a chart to use that tells you what to power up.
I think that chart was just some nerd's fantasy.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Went to an EX raid today and caught a Deoxys.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
No Gen4 yet, but when I logged in I got a notification for "YourBuddy, and 3 other friends, sent you a gift!" Instead of it listing each person individually, so it sounds like they're listening when it comes to the notification spam!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gerblyn posted:

Rumour is going round that new pokemon will appear in 15m (10pm CEST)!

i bet this was the original plan before they hosed up the rebalance

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i bet this was the original plan before they hosed up the rebalance

so it'll be friday then

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The rebalance hasn't hit me yet. Level 37, nearly 38.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So I told the thing "no ar" which obviously means that I want ar with a white background.

The gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

dwarf74 posted:

The rebalance hasn't hit me yet. Level 37, nearly 38.

it rolled out for a few minutes and then they retracted it because of the hp bug, this happened to everyone

if you weren't in the app at the time you never would've known. i only knew because people posted screenshots on discord but by the time I launched the app it'd been reverted

• Locked thread