Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Well I hope it is worth putting up with a crash course of WW2 and fascist symbology, you are gonna see a load. I'm just going to turn mine off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well I hope it is worth putting up with a crash course of WW2 and fascist symbology, you are gonna see a load. I'm just going to turn mine off.

If we get a goon squad going in BFV, we could mass report them, that'd be neat. I don't know if anyone ever even reads my single reports for racist poo poo in BF1.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I mean I might be jumping the gun slightly, for all I know it could be certain guns just have faction markings as a skin option now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

If you are planning on snagging the next game but still play this one still now and again this week The Road To promotion event has two of the eight paratrooper sets for the next game as part of the daily awards system among the weapon skins. Just need to get 20k points on each of these days and boom, fancy hats and stuff.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Speaking of world war 1

This peter jackson colourized WW1 thing is out soon and looks absolutely amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHYRfukHToc

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Will that movie also be cut into 2 parts, then last minute cut into 3 parts?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Leal posted:

Will that movie also be cut into 2 parts, then last minute cut into 3 parts?

Don't worry the second part will be out at Christmas and then it'll be all over.

kilinrax
Oct 27, 2014

Those eyes ... they disappeared.
I realise this is the PC thread, but is there a PS4 goon platoon?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ahaha what is this BAR Telescopic? Who thought giving the support a BAR with a bipod and a telescope was a good idea?? I take back whatever I said about not feeling disadvantaged weapon wise. Some of these guns are idiotic

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

Ahaha what is this BAR Telescopic? Who thought giving the support a BAR with a bipod and a telescope was a good idea?? I take back whatever I said about not feeling disadvantaged weapon wise. Some of these guns are idiotic

It's for all those supports who want to snipe even more uselessly (but with unlimited ammo).

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Fart Car '97 posted:

It used to be very good pre-LMG buff but not anymore. Scopes are a liability but the bfv preorder variant has a bipod for what it's worth, not that bipods provide the same kind of bonus as they did before.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

kilinrax posted:

I realise this is the PC thread, but is there a PS4 goon platoon?

Here's the console thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788498

I have it on PS4 as well but I'm not sure if there's an active platoon or not.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’m probably years behind on this complaint but gently caress any weapon assignment that requires headshots instead of just kills.

Edit: What is with joining a game and then getting kicked back to the server info screen after a few seconds and how do you stop it?

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 15, 2018

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just got ripped out of my squad and balanced into the losing team. When the winning team had 990+ points and owned all flags. Dead, Deployment screen, Respawn BAM Defeat. all in the span of 5 seconds. WTF is this poo poo. I just spent an entire round reviving and healing and doing poo poo for my team only to get balanced 5 seconds before round end.

Seriously the stupidity that is rampant in every single one of Dices ideas about fun gameplay is baffling...

Holy poo poo... /meltdown over

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
tbh sometimes it feels like DICE purposely used BF1 as an experiment for how much dumb poo poo they could put in a game and still get people to play it

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I mean lets be honest, the setting is experimental as gently caress.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

They never did make the 1906 worth a drat, did they? Yes I am doing the 300 kills assignment why do you ask.

Does the sniper variant even do more damage?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

They never did make the 1906 worth a drat, did they? Yes I am doing the 300 kills assignment why do you ask.

lol no, it's got exactly the same damage model

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

What rifle should I use if I want to play scout but not snipe and actually push

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

Overall: Ross
Old School: SMLE
Hipster: Vetterli-Vitali
Big Man: Martini-Henry
Crazy Man: Russian 1895 Trench

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

The 1906 is a "skillcannon" which in parlance means the people who swear by it have never heard of squadwipes or the concept being closer than 50 metres to what they're shooting at.

Sniper just means it has a sniper scope, it ostensibly makes the same trade-off as the hellriegel defensive, marginally better performance while bipodded, worse performance off the bipod and basically a joke weapon all round.

They made a better 1906, it's called the RSC.

Fart Car '97 posted:

1903 experimental and Gewehr 95.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Delacroix posted:

1903 experimental and Gewehr 95.

The gewehr is 99.9% worse than the Ross

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The gewehr is 99.9% worse than the Ross

I prefer the ironsights on the Gewehr 95 than either the ironsights or radium sights on the Ross infantry but it boils down to personal preference. I hope you're not suggesting a scope or being in sweetspot range for ptfo. :raise:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The Lebel infantry in my heart though.

Not the rifle to have in the thick of it, but if you're just slightly behind your team, you can really wreck poo poo with it. It's incredibly satisfying to use, and honestly, if you don't choose your weapons based upon their reload animation, then you're playing BF1 wrong.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
sometimes it's ok to shoot at people more than 50 metres away

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
sometimes it's okay to let your cannon fodder trash teammates take the incoming fire so you can focus on doing the actual killing

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

The other day:

'Hmmm, I need to get a single service star for this thing....'

*After playing a map with it*

'Hahhaa, nope!'

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's the Martini, that gun owns.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

At the very least the 1906 and another assignment showed me that rifle grenades are actually kind of good for infantry and okay at harassing tanks at range. I actually take them more than healing now. There’s usually enough random supports and medics throwing out random boxes to keep me supplied and to heal other people so I don’t need to feel guilty. And I can still revive.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin
1906 factory (optical) is cool and good. Just make sure your pistol game is strong.

The sniper is a weird one because after the factory, which lets you move around whilst firing and still be accurate, the sniper requires you to stand still to get the best from it. Either that or be so close that the scope is rather pointless.

Both are fun because they're challenging and the audio/animation is really satisfying. gently caress that toggle lock blocking your sight picture in between shots though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Today in the Road to BFV event is your first of two chances to earn one of two Paratrooper uniform tokens for the next game, just play and bank those 20k points!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Anyone see the new single player trailer? It’s like they have the same guy editing and composing them all lol. Another blasé voice over to tune out while I marvel at Battlefield 1-esque visuals.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I quite liked it.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

I did it, I finally won BF1!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
One of the Twitch streamers I watch, JulianJanganoo, is a couple weapons away from being the first person to get 1,000 kills with every primary weapon.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Goddamn I hope there are codex entries in BF V. Felt so good to unlock them knowing that there's a wall of text waiting to be read.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

chestnut santabag posted:

I did it, I finally won BF1!

Nice job dude on those four debuff assignments. That's where I stopped.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Goddamn I hope there are codex entries in BF V. Felt so good to unlock them knowing that there's a wall of text waiting to be read.

Yeah I hoping so too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BigglesSWE posted:

apparently there are. written by the great war people too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Anyone see the new single player trailer? It’s like they have the same guy editing and composing them all lol. Another blasé voice over to tune out while I marvel at Battlefield 1-esque visuals.

Ah yes Mark Strong, king of blasé