Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

infernal machines posted:

buying pot in the middle of the night after waiting around forever, truly a pioneer

hey now, when your provinces main export this month is being in a weird time zone, you make lemonade with them lemons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U_OkCsexjw

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
*takes a huge bong rip of that freshly legalized proportional representation*

Thanks, Justin! :thumbsup:

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i dont even wanna smoke anymore gently caress yall and gently caress this country

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol just lol if you touch that justin reefer

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

i dont even wanna smoke anymore gently caress yall and gently caress this country

yeh not fun.

u guys got coke??

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

bring back old gbs posted:

yeh not fun.

u guys got coke??

yeah just go talk to phil

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

who else is high af atm

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So glad I can stop giving my money to those BC hicks and cartels and start giving it to good companies like Redecan, 90% owned by Global UAV Technologies...wait, what?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

All those addiction warnings have freaked me out, I'm gonna stop for a while. My wallet thanks you Ontario Cannabis Store

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

who else is high af atm

I’m high on life and Jesus

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me rn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KvyKNSV7U
d

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Unrelated, but I just remembered one of my friends told me her aunt was a victim of the MK-Ultra experiments at McGill and it wrecked her brain.

Canada!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MonsieurChoc posted:

Unrelated, but I just remembered one of my friends told me her aunt was a victim of the MK-Ultra experiments at McGill and it wrecked her brain.

Canada!
That's real actually:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-government-gag-order-mk-ultra-1.4448933

quote:

At the centre of the controversy was Dr. Ewen Cameron, a respected psychiatrist and first director of the Allan Memorial Institute, the psychiatric facility at McGill University where the brainwashing experiments took place from 1950 to 1965.

Cameron, who was also co-founder of the World Psychiatric Association, ran experiments called "psychic driving" and "depatterning" that attempted to erase a patient's memories and reprogram them with new thoughts.

In February 1957, Jean Steel arrived at the Allan Memorial Institute with a severe case of postpartum depression. She was in and out of the psychiatric hospital over more than three years.

Steel and the patients were given LSD and other experimental drugs, subjected to intensive shock treatments and put into drug-induced comas where they slept for weeks at a time.

They were forced to listen to looped recorded messages for hours on end and even while they slept.

Alison Steel said her father told her that "one time when he tried to take [Jean] back, she tried jumping out of the car. That's how bad she didn't want to go."

bring back old gbs has issued a correction as of 16:32 on Oct 17, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I know that's real. Her aunt really got her brain wrecked by canadian scientists working for the CIA.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

MonsieurChoc posted:

I know that's real. Her aunt really got her brain wrecked by canadian scientists working for the CIA.

I went to high school about 200 ft from where these experiments were done. It's a beautiful part of Montreal.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Other fun fact: my great-grandmother got most of her stomach removed by the then-director of the Sorel hospital in an operation to remove her uterus. He later turned out to be a french Nazi collaborator who escaped to Quebec and got protected by Quebec intellectuals. He also apparently wasn't a Doctor, but got to run the Hospital and do surgery anyway. Years later, a nurse who looked at the result of the botched surgery said it looke dlike it had been done by a butcher.

My great-grandmother lived to 103, and without going senile in any way. She remembered the name and birthdays of all her descendants (a pretty big number what with having 11 kids herself).

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Dreylad posted:

can abyss

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

incredibly incompetent!!!! nice going justin!!!!! canada wide shortage!!!!

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone i know is terrified to smoke now thanks trudeau!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Treat weed like booze"

"ARHGHAHF FUKKEN TRUDOPE NOW WHAT DO I DO??@!?"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Better not ruin my weekend justin

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Reality Pisser posted:

Better not ruin my weekend justin

Solid username-post combo

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
soooo is it treated like booze, or cigarettes??? which is it? soemthing tells me its the worst ends of both

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/davidakin/status/1053384953419845632

OH NO NOT THE DEBT TO GDP RATIO HOW WILL WE SURVIVE, WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/davidakin/status/1053384953419845632

OH NO NOT THE DEBT TO GDP RATIO HOW WILL WE SURVIVE, WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

Also confusing: why people who fully buy into the argument that the entire concept of a sovereign government with control over their currency needing a balanced budget is nonsense simultaneously argue against tax cuts that further advance the course of defacto inflation-derived debt jubilees and wealth destruction.

Embrace consistency and exclusively argue for much bigger handouts at the bottom, I'd say.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

"Treat weed like booze"

"ARHGHAHF FUKKEN TRUDOPE NOW WHAT DO I DO??@!?"

HOW DO U DRINK A WEED TRUDOPE?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

McGavin posted:

HOW DO U DRINK A WEED TRUDOPE?

very carefully

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
weed is over

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

weed is now ILLEGAL

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey now hey now
Dont weed its over

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Conservatives are cargo-cult Republicans
https://twitter.com/major_gen_brock/status/1054058666616225792?s=21

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
who gives a poo poo what some random chud with a 100 twitter followers posts

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/CBCToronto/status/1054322558022152198

Goddamn this city is cursed to hell.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

that guy has a very punchable face

gonna vote in the hamilton municipal elections today, try to actually get us some infrastructure + public transit instead of a bunch of NIMBY idiots

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'd love to know when exactly Moss Park was a "good" neighborhood. My buddy's dad grew up there in the 60s and it's been pretty rough since at least that far back.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Another Bill posted:

I'd love to know when exactly Moss Park was a "good" neighborhood. My buddy's dad grew up there in the 60s and it's been pretty rough since at least that far back.

It's never been good and all these yuppies moving in are making it much worse.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Post the worst canada memes you got itt

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
George Street has been the main spot for junkies in the city for decades and if you buy a place around there you would absolutely notice it beforehand unless you kept your eyes closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Another Bill posted:

Post the worst canada memes you got itt

trudeau, more like trudope amirite!??!

cra baffled by this one amazing trick

weed is a better commodity than lovely alberta oil

universities! women studies! :bahgawd:

immigrants read twitter