Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.

Bifauxnen posted:

oh, I did forget though I also needed to look into that "bully" claim from Toal to see if that also sounds like bullshit

They're talking about this vote:

Caroline posted:

That sure is a lot I'm doing to someone who has two votes I didn't say was a bad guy!!

Hmmm, I think you are the bad guy looking for a nice, new person to target who won't know better.

But I caught you!!! :sun:

##vote Toalpaz

Which isn't about Toal being a bully, it's about making up a very not real case based on many assumptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

so here's the Toalpost that brought up the bullying claim:

Toalpaz posted:

Okay Bif, so you know that Caroline isn't a newb.

I didn't really catch that text that you knew, and I'm sure a lot of people here didn't know that and wouldn't unless I and you point it out. Don't you think that it's scummy that they're trying to honestly pass as a new player, and that they use 'I'm being bullied' as their reasoning to vote, instead of casing people?

welp Caroline just quoted the first relevant post already, so I won't repeat it again, but "bad guy looking for a nice, new person to target who won't know better" sure sounds a lot closer to "you're being a meanie bully" than "you're making up a very not real case based on many assumptions."

Caroline posted:

My vote is real one too!! Toalpaz thought I was hedging on voting AA for making one little comment about him where I don't even call him a bad guy! Looks like someone just looking for an easy case. Very mean to pick a poor little mouse.

yeah, I think I can see how Toal may have got this impression.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.
Hmmm

Okay, that is fair. It's not what I meant, but I can see how it can be read that way. :(

I don't like how they ignored my analysis of the D1 vote entirely and seemed to stop at the end of D1 in their case of me, but that's a good point.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*binoculars come into focus*

"Three targets. A lurker, a liar and an anomaly"

*crouches behind conveniently placed crates - refocuses binoculars*

The lurker, [redacted], suggested information they wouldn't have had without direct setup knowledge.
The liar, [redacted], also suggests some pretty specific information that has been proven true mechanically. They're own abilities having shifted from common foot soldier to something more.
The anomaly, [redacted], counters the evolving claim of the liar.

*equips sniper rifle and loads it with tranquilizer darts*

##vote Toalpaz

*Ppp-ppp-ppt!*

"A wise man once told me... lunch all liars."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*binoculars come into focus*

"Three targets. A lurker, a liar and an anomaly"

*crouches behind conveniently placed crates - refocuses binoculars*

The lurker, [redacted], suggested information they wouldn't have had without direct setup knowledge.
The liar, [redacted], also suggests some pretty specific information that has been proven true mechanically. They're own abilities having shifted from common foot soldier to something more.
The anomaly, [redacted], counters the evolving claim of the liar.

*equips sniper rifle and loads it with tranquilizer darts*

##vote Toalpaz

*Ppp-ppp-ppt!*

"A wise man once told me... lunch all liars."

*smokes cigarette*

"Let me tell you a story...

My MOTHER was a great woman. She taught me how to hold a gun. How to gun a man. How to skin a fish. How to save freedom.

Here's what she did not do:

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm taking the dog as an Ecco cop and assuming at least one of them is scum from that, as well
14-10-2018:2005 HOURS

The lurker establishes a theory.

Toalpaz posted:

That's also a really good and interesting thing to think about.
14-10-2018:2008 HOURS

The liar thinks it's a good theory.

Toalpaz posted:

I’ve looked through all of RF and it’s all useless fart noises. I think that RF is just coasting and shitposting. The one exception to that is a vote on me for the same reasons Moat made their post, ie: ‘Scum must have jumped on the dog training thing.’ Which isn’t real scum hunting.

15-10-2018:1119 HOURS

The liar condemns the lurker.

*chuckles*

Toalpaz posted:

Didn't we decide it would be good to keep piss on in case it was loud or something else?

Also the fact that I (and I'm assuming others) got no info it's almost certainly an Ecco cop and there's a scum in one of the four of us.

Toalpaz posted:

Fluff wise as xiw has mentioned, in game D-dog pisses on enemies.

An ecco cop takes a group of players and gives a scum or not-scum result on the group, depending on if there's a scum in it.

D-dog pissed on a group of players.

This being a flavourful fun game, it seems to be indicating a scum was involved trying to train d-dog.

Toalpaz posted:

I really do believe that the Dog Training = Ecco cop thing is true. If the Caroline business isn't compelling I guess I'll reread Mona. (Maybe AA but it's indecipherable and AA hasn't posted today)

*chuckle*

"The liar believes the lurker's theory is almost certainly true, and begins constructing their version of the truth from it, but they also believe the lurker to be posting "usless fart noises", well.... that strikes me as interesting"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Again you're calling me a lair for claiming VT, the most whitest of white lies, and implicit in everyone's introduction on day one. What do you think the piss is if not an ecco cop? Why am I scummy for changing my understanding of what happens based on speculation and guesses?

You've been, in a gimmicky way, implicating RF as scummy for a while. But you haven't offered a better theory then that. As far as I'm concerned RF could be scum, could be just town low content poster, and we don't honestly know. Please offer up a compelling explanation for the piss, because I believe that Ecco cop is probably right. I'd like to shape my understanding of the game based on likely guesses.

@Bif. I don't know, I was just rumbling you. After all this discussion I'd rather see Mona, AA, Caroline, and then flip. I think that Mona is the worst vote now, as I said in a post earlier. Mona is apart of the 'ecco cop' theory piss list, and the people hopping on to kill CS in the last hour.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Again you're calling me a lair for claiming VT, the most whitest of white lies, and implicit in everyone's introduction on day one. What do you think the piss is if not an ecco cop? Why am I scummy for changing my understanding of what happens based on speculation and guesses?

You've been, in a gimmicky way, implicating RF as scummy for a while. But you haven't offered a better theory then that. As far as I'm concerned RF could be scum, could be just town low content poster, and we don't honestly know. Please offer up a compelling explanation for the piss, because I believe that Ecco cop is probably right. I'd like to shape my understanding of the game based on likely guesses.

@Bif. I don't know, I was just rumbling you. After all this discussion I'd rather see Mona, AA, Caroline, and then flip. I think that Mona is the worst vote now, as I said in a post earlier. Mona is apart of the 'ecco cop' theory piss list, and the people hopping on to kill CS in the last hour.

*CQC FLIPTOSS*

"The problem isn't the alignment lie, liar.... the problem is you condemn the lurker hypocritically! Your paradox made apparent. Hoisted by your own petard."

"How can the lurker be speaking with his clenched butt cheeks, if the truth you're most convinced of was his birthchild?"

"Some of us... some of us have been made into unwitting agents... however... I think yours is deliberate"

"Prepare yourself for ritual mastication."

*unhinges jaw*

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hmm.... maybe lurkers can lurk....

And still contribute useful posts once in a while...

Its one of those dichotomies of humanity...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*CQC FLIPTOSS*

"The problem isn't the alignment lie, liar.... the problem is you condemn the lurker hypocritically! Your paradox made apparent. Hoisted by your own petard."

"How can the lurker be speaking with his clenched butt cheeks, if the truth you're most convinced of was his birthchild?"

"Some of us... some of us have been made into unwitting agents... however... I think yours is deliberate"

"Prepare yourself for ritual mastication."

*unhinges jaw*

"Distancing from the BOSS, from... the FATHER???"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Hmm.... maybe lurkers can lurk....

And still contribute useful posts once in a while...

Its one of those dichotomies of humanity...

"A disingenuous retort... you either deliberately misrepresented him originally after praising him for his suggestion, or *sleeper hold tightens* he coached you on the interaction, which is it?!"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toal's posting is super fake today. "I lied that is a normal thing people do it's fine"
Like not even an apology or, at first, acknowledgement

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

That's also a really good and interesting thing to think about.

I don't get where I misrepresented RF, I called it a good post when it was made. And then later I called most of RF's posts farts noises? Okay?

To touch on another point. RF speculating that the dog piss is 'set up knowledge' is just wrong. We all took guesses at what it was, and I've settled down to believing it was an Ecco cop, for reasons I've stated and you've quoted. You don't need prior knowledge to see a group of players, and be given a scum or not scum (pissed on or not pissed on) result, and guess that it's an Ecco cop. And before you say I have 'prior knowledge' for guessing there was probably a not pissed on result, let me tell you a little something about critical thinking. It's about taking a situation making reasonable guesses about how that situation comes to be.

That dog training has served no other gameplay mechanics well into day 2 at this point. That's way to slow for a game of Mafia. It must mean we already have the gameplay benefits. From hopping onto that event.

I think it's an Ecco cop, and let me tell you, the only people that are served for defeating the notion that it's an Ecco cop as vigorously as you have are scum. Because eventually me and other town people will die, leaving the scum left alone. And the scum will be hoping every one forgot about the cop result.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

I don't get where I misrepresented RF, I called it a good post when it was made. And then later I called most of RF's posts farts noises? Okay?

To touch on another point. RF speculating that the dog piss is 'set up knowledge' is just wrong. We all took guesses at what it was, and I've settled down to believing it was an Ecco cop, for reasons I've stated and you've quoted. You don't need prior knowledge to see a group of players, and be given a scum or not scum (pissed on or not pissed on) result, and guess that it's an Ecco cop. And before you say I have 'prior knowledge' for guessing there was probably a not pissed on result, let me tell you a little something about critical thinking. It's about taking a situation making reasonable guesses about how that situation comes to be.

That dog training has served no other gameplay mechanics well into day 2 at this point. That's way to slow for a game of Mafia. It must mean we already have the gameplay benefits. From hopping onto that event.

I think it's an Ecco cop, and let me tell you, the only people that are served for defeating the notion that it's an Ecco cop as vigorously as you have are scum. Because eventually me and other town people will die, leaving the scum left alone. And the scum will be hoping every one forgot about the cop result.

*smokes cigarette*

Hiding in plain sight is a legitimate tactic. Perhaps, the best tactic. War is fought on battlefields, but not just... no longer. For the last 80 years war has been evolving into the carefully crafted economic machinery that it has become.

Piss is a smoke signal I think. If anyone got anything from it, they've rightfully decided to not disclose it OR learned nothing of use. It's probably more concerning that you are hard pressed to determine what it was.

I myself am well versed in the art of piss. I keep samples of dog, horse, cat and goat urine with me at all times. Never know when you might need to be a good host."

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Retro Futurist posted:

Toal's posting is super fake today. "I lied that is a normal thing people do it's fine"
Like not even an apology or, at first, acknowledgement

Dang didnt know mafia was known for its super polite discourse

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

Dang didnt know mafia was known for its super polite discourse

*plants C4 around structure*

"I like my soul crushing doubt 1 part logic, 2 parts theatrics."

*warm smile*

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

How is it concerning?

It isn't likely that one of the trainers got a reward. We all had our names bolded in that post. We all got nothing. I'm just playing this game and you folks are cutting me down for trying to understand things.

Anyways of the votes on me, and the votes on CS, and based on AA's arguments against lurker's and faking it. I'd have to say the scummiest votes are still Mona in our group.

If Mona flipped scum, I'd consider RF for positing the Ecco cop thing and calling me fake for believing in it and casing around it the whole day.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

How is it concerning?

It isn't likely that one of the trainers got a reward. We all had our names bolded in that post. We all got nothing. I'm just playing this game and you folks are cutting me down for trying to understand things.

Anyways of the votes on me, and the votes on CS, and based on AA's arguments against lurker's and faking it. I'd have to say the scummiest votes are still Mona in our group.

If Mona flipped scum, I'd consider RF for positing the Ecco cop thing and calling me fake for believing in it and casing around it the whole day.

*smokes cigarette*

If it's not you, it's almost certainly the lurker. I'd shoot the lurker with sleep darts over you."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

I never did that second part

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

I never did that second part

Have you read any of my posts? AA taking issue with my Ecco cop scum huntin.

The rest of it is low hanging fruit from me fullclaiming and people going 'oh me oh my' for saying I was VT earlier.

So you're just voting me cause I said I was vanilla town and now I'm not saying that?

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Toalpaz posted:

You don't need prior knowledge to see a group of players, and be given a scum or not scum (pissed on or not pissed on) result, and guess that it's an Ecco cop. And before you say I have 'prior knowledge' for guessing there was probably a not pissed on result, let me tell you a little something about critical thinking. It's about taking a situation making reasonable guesses about how that situation comes to be.

Wowie that sure is a really big assumption to make!!

Toalpaz posted:

So is this!!

You are saying things as if they are fact and everyone should be casing as if it is when it's just your opinion! None of what you said is confirmed at all!!

:psyduck:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Well, I got nothing. Mona got nothing. There were no breadcrumbs about randomized results. If anyone were to have something it'd be you Caroline. Wanna throw us a bone and tell us what you got, if anything?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote toal. Coming in right away supporting someone else for that looks like scum trying to look friendly and not over eager.

Are you not reading my posts? It was your initial stuff before Ecco cop was even mentioned that made me vote you, and then your blasé attitude about your botched claims today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Where did I call you believing the Ecco cop thing fake and where did I case around it all day?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

LIES!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If you were scum, would you avoid the truth or just lie about it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa someone woke up RF!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Literally stop talking about dog piss at all. Stop giving scum piss related smokescreen to focus on. Rally wanna kill imgay today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Hi, I'm here too!

Work kicked my rear end this week so I barely got around to playing in this game, and I must apologize for that. Will continue to be busy during the week but hopefully I will have more time on the weekend.

I haven't gotten around to getting a lot of solid reads done but I'll try to get some scum reads out.

Anidav: Reads scummily to me. Feels different from the usual anidav, aka crazy setupspec anidav.
GeneX: Mostly a gut feeling I have, but something about their posting feels off to me. Day 1 feels like a bunch of nothing to me apart from the vote on cube which was basically just a fairly safe "avoiding no lynch" vote. Day 2 is, all things considered, a vote on an easy target. Sorry Toal.
Tommunist: The quick quote and vote regarding my vote on Moat pings me, since it completely ignores the followup post which was a continuation of that post.

Feel free to ask for more detailed explanations, if you want to. It's going to be easier for me to respond to questions than to make a huge effort post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hi, I'm here too!

Work kicked my rear end this week so I barely got around to playing in this game, and I must apologize for that. Will continue to be busy during the week but hopefully I will have more time on the weekend.

I haven't gotten around to getting a lot of solid reads done but I'll try to get some scum reads out.

Anidav: Reads scummily to me. Feels different from the usual anidav, aka crazy setupspec anidav.
GeneX: Mostly a gut feeling I have, but something about their posting feels off to me. Day 1 feels like a bunch of nothing to me apart from the vote on cube which was basically just a fairly safe "avoiding no lynch" vote. Day 2 is, all things considered, a vote on an easy target. Sorry Toal.
Tommunist: The quick quote and vote regarding my vote on Moat pings me, since it completely ignores the followup post which was a continuation of that post.

Feel free to ask for more detailed explanations, if you want to. It's going to be easier for me to respond to questions than to make a huge effort post.

*stand-crouch-prone-crawl*

Codec frequency set to --392.57

*The sound of layers upon layers of viscera and flesh cascading down something in clumps and heaps*

"I think you're getting to the meat of it"

*nods appreciatively before exploding into bits*

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

GulagDolls posted:

Literally stop talking about dog piss at all. Stop giving scum piss related smokescreen to focus on. Rally wanna kill imgay today.

Seconding this. There's been no indication of it doing anything mechanically, so stop talking about it until it actually does something.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

Yeah! Agreed! Rather kill Anidav but otherwise yeah!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GulagDolls posted:

Why do you want to kill me?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Fwoosh, its over. We still have a day and a little less then a half. You're right in that I was taking up too much time.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:siren: UPDATE :siren:

Anidav chooses PAPER

Toalpaz chooses ROCK

Toalpaz is OUT

Round 2

Amieba102 VS Anidav

PLAY BALL

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You got this Amieba!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Anidav chooses ROCK

Amoeba102 chooses PAPER

Amoeba102 wins the Favour of the Boss
The Boss displays this favour by beating the everloving snot out of Amoeba102

THANK YOU SIR!

Anidav wins the lesser prize of having the Boss throw empty magazines at them for the rest of Day 2

The day continues...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Congratulations?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toal let's you and me face off for who's the true winner of this event by losing the hardest

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay, I choose rock, what do you choose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Okay, I choose rock, what do you choose?

dang I was gonna suggest at least using spoiler bars so we could try and go on the honour system, but if you're gonna make it easy then scissors

• Locked thread