Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

Yeah. They don't care about backwards compatibility because they develop first party games that people buy in droves. Microsoft doesn't have that so they focus on back compat bc lots of people had 360's. It's not rocket science.

Which Sony first party games are worth not having BC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
guffawing at the glorious sony train wreck to the point of drowning out the ouya rap id been so intently listening to

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Xbox Ambassador posted:

They don't care about offering BC because they don't have to. r;c;p shitlord.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

guffawing at the glorious sony train wreck to the point of drowning out the ouya rap id been so intently listening to

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I don't care bc I still have all my old consoles

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Weird Al - Ouya Think I'm Sexy [Rod Stewart parody].mp3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's time to ignore DQXI, the best game in the past 15 years, because I'm desperate for friends.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's time to ignore DQXI, the best game in the past 15 years, because I'm desperate for friends.

I still have my copy, I’ll get to it when I get a PS4.... sometime. Eventually

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Weird Al - Ouya Think I'm Sexy [Rod Stewart parody].mp3

Lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmfao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

Two comapnues making epic first party games about sad dads showing their transexual teenage children hoo to give Columbian neckties to a multiethnic cast of zombies. Looks like all brands can dab today, as well as floss.

This

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
BB is the only first party game that matters

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sector_corrector posted:

BB is the only first party game that matters

blazblues on pc now

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

my morning jackass posted:

Wonder how he feels about the PlayStation classic.

Speaking of, when are they going to announce the games for this system coming out in a month?

Once they figure out what 20 games available on the PSN they can use

Because realistically everything that's on the PlayStation classic will be playable on a PS3/psp/Vita and probably cheaper to buy piecemeal. And if you get it for the ps3 you'll have analog sticks and a wireless controller

Len fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 17, 2018

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Based tom cook , parbeet shamlapus or whatever microsofts CEO is called, the theranos sociopath lady, and elon musk dab while kaz hirai does the floss. Sad!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Based tom cook , parbeet shamlapus or whatever microsofts CEO is called, the theranos sociopath lady, and elon musk dab while kaz hirai does the floss. Sad!

Lmai

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

😂👌

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like the way Hryb thinks!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Now that's epic

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
im finally getting a ps4, op

other than rdr2 what else should i get??

im thinkin bloodborne, mon hun, horizon, gow, uncharted, maybe dqxi but i havent played a jrpg since ff9

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfqo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I don't like Horizon or Uncharted very much but God of War is pretty solid. Definitely DQXI, that's a great comfy way to ease back into JRPGS

edit: bloodborne is a no brainer especially since it's like $20 with the DLC

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
bloodborne if you enjoy that series at all. it's the best one.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i liked the story and animal combat in horizon but everything else was super tedious.

the translation of persona 5 is pretty spotty but i liked it a lot anyway.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah persona 5 is cool as hell despite its flaws but i think DQXI is a great get for someone who hasn't played a JRPG since PSX era

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

swimsuit posted:

im thinkin bloodborne, mon hun, horizon, gow, uncharted, maybe dqxi but i havent played a jrpg since ff9

Bloodborne should be the top of your list. DQXI I think you would enjoy even if you've been away from the genre for a while, do not play Uncharted, haven't played the rest of the games you listed but people seem to really love them so they're probably fine. Witcher 3/Persona 5 are other good pick ups but I don't think you want multiple 100+ hour games right off the bat.. or do you?? O_O

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

swimsuit posted:

Bloodborne is awesome so definitely get it first. I think the DLC is on sale at the moment.

I really loved Horizon, some people are more lukewarm. I can concede that it's basically a standard open world game with too many icons, but it does have great graphics and a cool story. The robot animals are dope and I loved fighting them.

God of War is solid.

Spider-Man is good, but like Horizon, it's basically a standard third-person open world game so you might be tired of that.The biggest strength is how loving fun web-slinging around NYC is. The rest is good/great, especially if you like comics or movies. It's getting DLC so you can probably wait for a bundle.

NieR: Automata and the Yakuza games are great if you haven't played them on PC yet. They're slightly strange, story-driven, very Japanese games that really, really pay off if you stick with them. If you do try Yakuza, start with Yakuza 0.

Until Dawn is fun if you want something short. It's like a Telltale game, but more polished and with more consequences. Basically a playable slasher movie, and it's cheap now.

Shadow of the Colossus remake is loving gorgeous. The gameplay is the same as the PS2, but it looks brand new. I think the game itself holds up well.

The Last Guardian is worth investigating if you're okay with stuff that's weird and obtuse, and you like Shadow of the Colossus. Very much an upgraded PS3 game, but it tries really hard.

That's like everything I've played. You've got a lot to look forward to!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

i cant stop laughing at this

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Bloodborne

Get Until Dawn, it's the Halloween game you always wanted.

If you already played Yakuza 0 on PC then get 6 and Kiwami 1+2.

Don't get Spider-Man unless you're a huge Marvel fan. It's novel at first with its super cool web swinging but it poses zero challenge after maybe the first third or so - you just go through the motions of beating up helpless thugs with a few basic combos. It's a tedious vesion of Batman games. If you want a blockbuster mainstream game get GOW, then HZD and even Uncharted 4 before Spider-Man, they all offer more varied and robust gameplay.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Get Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone, the #1 PS4 exclusive

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yakuza Kiwami will be free with a PS+ subscription in November so definitely play that, but honestly if you think there's any chance you might enjoy it then I would urge you to spend $20 and play Yakuza 0 first just for story's sake

edit: ^^^ agreed on the AAA western blockbuster tier list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Get Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone, the #1 PS4 exclusive

this. It's an incredible deal. 50 bucks for like 240+ songs. DJ Max is also ps4 only I believe and the other cool rhythm game, a genre that increasingly seems to be going the way of the RTS...