Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Minor Title Champion of the Month October 2018?
This poll is closed.
Shinsuke Nakamura (WWE United States Champion) 7 4.61%
Seth Rollins (WWE Intercontinental Champion) 22 14.47%
Chris Jericho (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 11 7.24%
Momo Watanabe (Wonder of STARDOM Champion) 12 7.89%
Ricochet (NXT North American Champion) 24 15.79%
Punishment Martinez (FORMER ROH TV Champion) 4 2.63%
Jeff Cobb (CURRENT ROH TV Champion) 20 13.16%
Brian Cage (Impact X Division Champion) 9 5.92%
Eita (FORMER Open the Brave Gate Champion) 4 2.63%
Dragon Kid (CURRENT Open the Brave Gate Champion 5 3.29%
Tajiri (Gaora TV Champion) 20 13.16%
Other/You loving Suck, Senerio 14 9.21%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
In the Champ of the Month Thread I saw a desire for a Minor Title of the Month thread and having given it exactly zero (0) thought I decided to make it.

To be eligible, you need to be a minor singles champion for a wrestling promotion that has at least one title more prestigious that you can win. The NXT Championship is the major title of a minor brand, so it does not count. For this month I primarily looked at the Champ of the Month poll and added any title that seemed like a minor title into the listings. This is the first month so I will probably make mistakes. Please be patient with me; next month's poll should be better.

Same rules as the Champ of the Month Poll applies. To qualify, you must hold a minor title and be champion for at least one day. I don't watch that much pro wrestling outside of STARDOM and WWE (in that order) (and I listen to Dave so I get some secondhand NJPW news) so I didn't write much up for the companies I don't watch. If you want a title on next month, PM me with a short description of the title and who currently holds it. The DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight championship could make a poll all on its own most months and thus is excluded from this poll.

Eligible Champions:

Shinsuke Nakamura: The Current WWE United States Champion. Randy Orton keeps stealing his feuds, but will he have also stolen his chance to get the inaugural Minor Title Champ of the Month title as well?

Seth Rollins: The Current WWE Intercontinental Champion. Like most non-Must See Intercontinental Champions, Seth Rollins has been a side-story in another angle that the belt barely factors in at all. That said, the fact that he and Roman have gold and Dean doesn't has been pushed heavily, so there may be a title match in the future for Seth.

Chris Jericho: The Current IWGP Intercontinental Champion. I was sorely tempted to leave this one off this month's poll, citing his lack of appearances in NJPW and the belt previously being on the Champ of the Month poll, but I decided to keep it on ultimately.

Momo Watanabe: The Current Wonder of STARDOM Champion. According to some people in the Champ of the Month poll, this was a major belt for a while since the Red belt was held by Toni Storm, who wasn't defending it often. Well, now that Kagetsu has the Red Belt, this is back to being a Minor Belt.

Ricochet: The Current NXT North American Champion. Had a great match with Pete Dunne (who missed out on this list due to his title being the top title on the NXT UK brand), and is feuding with him and former NA Champion Adam Cole, which is a great feud which will probably lead to a great match at the next Takeover.

Punishment Martinez: The Former Ring of Honor TV Champion. Lost the title on the latest tapings on the 29th.

Jeff Cobb: The Current Ring of Honor TV Champion. Won the title just under the wire; if he had won it the next day he would have been ineligible.

Brian Cage: The IMPACT X Division Champion. I forgot to put him on the list initially. Luckily, the poll isn't about option limits, it's about no limits the clearly defined limits at the top of the post.

Eita Kobayashi: The Former Open the Brave Gate Champion. Lost the title on September 24, 2018.

Dragon Kid: The Current Open the Brave Gate Champion. Won the title on September 24, 2018.

Tajiri: The Current Gaora TV Champion. Champion since July 15, 2018.

Other/You loving Suck, Senerio: I know, I know. Sorry, I'll try better next month!

Senerio fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Senerio fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 6, 2018

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

why isnt the universal title on this list

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was gonna make a joke about titles that appear on the main CotM poll being ineligible but then I remembered I put Jericho on here so I don't know.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'm not as hot on nxt these days as when i used to post the threads, but i still voted ricochet because he's involved in the best angle in nxt right now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like everyone and voted for them all

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I put multiple choices in so that people could do just that!

I like it when people like Pro Wrestling, so I wanted to make sure people could like all the Pro Wrestling they want.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rollins has been wrestling his dick off lately so he gets my vote.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Voting for the good brother taijiri (when I find a computer). And it feels drat good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

momo

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Where Taichi?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Voted for Tajiri as it is closest in spelling to Taichi

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Momo's gonna unite those belts.

Senerio posted:

The NXT Championship is the major title of a minor brand, so it does not count.

lol

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Still plenty of time to vote, also to suggest titles I should include next month. I just went to the list in the main thread and looked at their promotions to find the secondary titles that weren't on the poll.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Senerio posted:

Still plenty of time to vote, also to suggest titles I should include next month. I just went to the list in the main thread and looked at their promotions to find the secondary titles that weren't on the poll.

CMLL is the King of Secondary Titles. Their prestigious NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship must be included if the dozen others cannot.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The top 3 are within 4 votes of each other; it's anyone's game! Your votes matter!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Typical WWE bias in everybody voting for Ricochet, when is somebody who has built his name on the indies gonna get his due!?! :mad:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

Typical WWE bias in everybody voting for Ricochet, when is somebody who has built his name on the indies gonna get his due!?! :mad:

I know, right? Chris Jericho is RIGHT THERE, a self-made indie superstar.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm also glad to see Tyler Black getting his due after all these years :colbert:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah hopefully his minor title run can bring bigger glory to him and enable him to win bigger titles!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Still time to vote! Ricochet is in the lead but it's not commanding. Seth Rollins could win this.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Ricochet has won the poll! I will edit this post with the screenshots next time I have the time.

So now here's my question: What titles should be added or removed from the poll?

I saw a lot of people complaining about Taichi not being on the poll, but at the same time I'd like to leave the titles to 1-2 per promotion, so I can add the title he has if someone does a writeup for next month.

Also a handful of titles only got like 4-5 votes, so if anyone thinks a title belongs on here or does not, please let me know.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship should be added to the poll so we can vote for whatever member of AKB48/SKE48 it's currently on.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

add the NXT championship you coward

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Venomous posted:

I'll just make a note that this is another vote for it not being a top title for WWE.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I'll just make a note that this is another vote for it not being a top title for WWE.

it literally isn't tho

if it's a top title b/c it's NXT's main title, then the Cruiserweight title should be a top title since it's 205's main title

e: also, on that note, add the Cruiserweight title. need more love for the Juggernaut around these parts

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Venomous posted:

The NXT championship is a major title of a minor promotion, and thus is ineligible.

I'd have added the UK title because I am a massive fan of Pete Dunne but it's the top title for men in NXT UK so i am not.

Venomous posted:

if it's a top title b/c it's NXT's main title, then the Cruiserweight title should be a top title since it's 205's main title

Yes that's why Cedric wasn't on this poll.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

counterpoint: No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Please add the gift of the gods title

• Locked thread