Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

chunkles posted:

luc mbah a moute was holding it all together

You jest, but I bet Rockets fans miss him and Ariza a lot more as the year goes on.

I hope AD can be healthy down the stretch this year, the Pels really found themselves at the end of last season and Randle is a sneaky good pick up for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

He is the best

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/1052781425739685888

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I hope Boban turns to music after his NBA career is done and he puts out an album called 'Throwdown by Boban' with this as the cover.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Blind Pineapple posted:

You jest, but I bet Rockets fans miss him and Ariza a lot more as the year goes on.

I'm not jesting I was pretty bummed he walked over 1m or didn't want to wait for them to sign Melo or whatever

I'm sure they will recover and do some regular season murderball but the step back in defense makes them much less of a contender imo

And Michael Carter Williams reminded me of no one more than Jeremy Lin tonight, which I guess is a substantial improvement for him but not sure if I want to go through another season of that

chunkles fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 18, 2018

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I mean, they had to replace the basket after that...

https://streamable.com/1b0wm

Redgrendel2001 posted:

'Throwdown by Boban' with this as the cover.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

The league needs to expand, too many good teams

Agreed, although I have a feeling it doesn't happen until the next TV deal.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
making GBS threads on the Rockets, home of former NOLA players who tried (and in CP3's case, suceeded) in forcing their way out, is my ideal game. Thank you Pels.

misdirectomy posted:

The Rockets are 0-1 when Capela, Harden and Paul all play this season.

The ones who broke that last season also happened to be the Pels.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

goddam

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Good morning what a beautiful Raptor win

-Kawhi is rusty as heck and still dominated
-Lowry looked to be pouty at times
-Pascal Siakam is getting spicier
-Jonas Valanciunas still cant catch a loving break to close out games.
-Danny Green as a competent guard that can defend has me all sorts of hosed up.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I for one am behind our new 3 bombing knicks overlords

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Still can't believe we just threw in Danny Green
Oh you're getting our best defender? Better include our second best defender.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
DeAndre Ayton good

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lol devin booker is my favorite baller by far lol I memorized his birthday and Google him twice a day.

I study all of his highlight videos too and have watched his 70 pt game highlights at least 30 times.

I'm also equally gay as Devin booker (meaning not gay at all, but think gay things sometimes because he's so handsome)

I also make whole rap songs and made awhile song dedicated to Devin booker.

My friends say that I imitate the way he moves in real life... Not intentional at all but probably true, I just look up to him that much.

He isn't just my favorite ball player he's also my favorite person.. my idol...

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

people who can dunk while on their tip toes should be banned to preserve the sanctity of the game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reading the box scores from last night and I’m filled with clarity.

Melo is already destroying the Rockets. He can’t make to December on the roster.

KAT is trying to get butler traded

Arizona could win more than 30 games but I’d be worried about their defense with Ayton Booker and .... Isaiah Canaan???

I’m glad Sacramento moved Hield to the starting lineup. WCS is already playing prime Contract Year ball

Ibaka off the bench is great for Toronto. That seems like his perfect role at this point.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lmao Thibs rode the starters hard last night; already in midseason form :allears:

Derrick Rose got 12 shots off the bench for what

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Here is a good shot which shows one reason the sixers struggled on Tuesday

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Still can't believe we just threw in Danny Green
Oh you're getting our best defender? Better include our second best defender.

Spurs defense still looked pretty good against a team that was really good offensively last year. Spurs always cobble together reasonable defenses.

euphronius posted:

KAT is trying to get butler traded

Nah, LMA just dominated him. Strong post defenders have always been KAT's bane (see: Capella). KAT was actually trying.

IcePhoenix posted:

Wiggins was trying on defense tonight!

Or at least it looked like he was when I was paying attention

Wiggins had a nice game! He was active on defense, not good but he was moving around and going after rebounds (which was needed because no one could get around LMA), he was more aggressive going to the basket and was generally smarter about which 3s to take (he was 2-5 then took a desperation heave at the end of the game down 4). I want him to pass out of his ISO's when he gets bodied so far from the paint instead of putting up a shot, but otherwise it looked good against a team that generally was playing good defense against them.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the rockets are in for a rude awakening this season. ain't winning no sixty games I promise you that.

the jazz have been doing this goofy 'team is everything' marketing and then seven people scored over 10 points and our bench pretty much won that game for us it feels pretty good

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Carlosologist posted:

Lmao Thibs rode the starters hard last night; already in midseason form :allears:

?? That's not really running your starters very hard (in a close game too)???

Wiggins is the 22nd most minutes played in the last 2 days, no other Minnesota player is in the top 60.

Rose did not look good. Looked healthy but he really could not finish. The bench looked a bit better but scoring from there is still a problem. Having Butler roll with those guys worked pretty well, it looked pretty good when Wiggins did that too.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 18, 2018

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Do It Big

(But with no blood sacrifices this time)

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

Ibaka off the bench is great for Toronto. That seems like his perfect role at this point.

Agreed. Would be better if he returned to it faster though

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mid-season form will be Thibs playing his starters for 39 minutes in spite of being up 30 points and having KAT twist his ankle or something as a result

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009
It's just irresponsible for Thibs to ask a 23 year old to play 37 minutes of basketball 2 or 3 nights a week. Sometimes he has Wiggins out on the court for an entire 10 minutes before he gets a break.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Lockback posted:

Spurs defense still looked pretty good against a team that was really good offensively last year. Spurs always cobble together reasonable defenses.

I'm really interested to see if Pop can get DeRozan to play solid D. If anyone can do it, it's him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

?? That's not really running your starters very hard (in a close game too)???

Wiggins is the 22nd most minutes played in the last 2 days, no other Minnesota player is in the top 60.

Rose did not look good. Looked healthy but he really could not finish. The bench looked a bit better but scoring from there is still a problem. Having Butler roll with those guys worked pretty well, it looked pretty good when Wiggins did that too.

Tyus +1 Teague -5 #FreeTyus

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

That's superstar Jeff Teague to you.

Dreylad posted:

I'm really interested to see if Pop can get DeRozan to play solid D. If anyone can do it, it's him.

DeRozan played pretty solid D, and his two-man game with LMA works really well considering they are both mid-range and in kind of guys.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euphronius posted:

Here is a good shot which shows one reason the sixers struggled on Tuesday

They only had 4 players on the court?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Maybe I jumped the gun there a bit on the Thibs minutes thing :v:

Cavs-Wolves should be a good game tomorrow

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

How many jabaridefense.gifs will be made after tomorrow's game?

3? 5? 7?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dante80 posted:

I mean, they had to replace the basket after that...

https://streamable.com/1b0wm

Would two of Boban's lady friends combined be taller than Boban?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Would two of Boban's lady friends combined be taller than Boban?

If it's feet-on-shoulders its probably pretty close.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

He had 18 points in like 18 minutes against the Nuggets. Nobody on the team can stop him.

re: Malone chat. He's polarizing here because the players and FO love him and he's done a great job developing the young guys, but he has baffling rotations and makes poor ingame decisions sometimes. Also, they lost to some really loving bad teams last year. That could be chalked up to youth and inexperience though, plus Millsap was out most of the season. Anyway, I'm fine with the extension because it's not like there's anyone way better floating around out there.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

new orleans is a tough matchup for houton (and well, everyone probably), i'll be interested to see how Houston looks on Saturday against the Lakers. They just came out flat as hell last night. Hopefully getting punched in the mouth will remind them they can't totally cruise control the season

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I think Denver is like Minnesota and mostly a victim of a crowded West from teams that are in the 45-50 win range. Most years Denver would have been a 5th or 6th seed and would have had the "Promising young team with a fiesty first round loss" narrative. I look at that roster last year and I just don't see a 50+ win team yet(especially with Millsap missing so many games). I think the Malone criticism isn't very valid. People expect too much from teams that are "good but not yet great".

Though I also agree with the statement before that I see way more people criticizing the critics of Malone than I actually see critics. So either its made up heat or I'm just not looking in the places where he gets it.

G-Hawk posted:

new orleans is a tough matchup for houton (and well, everyone probably), i'll be interested to see how Houston looks on Saturday against the Lakers. They just came out flat as hell last night. Hopefully getting punched in the mouth will remind them they can't totally cruise control the season

I thought Pelicans were overrated this offseason and even though it's only one game I feel kinda stupid for that prediction right now.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 18, 2018

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any games from last night worth watching the condensed versions?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtasIWOZJiI

This post-game interview with Jammy Blankets makes it sound like he's staying with the team, talked a lot about how the team played hard and how he was rusty and so on so maybe we'll get a whole season out of him and maybe we'll all shake off the Stockholm syndrome and boot his rear end outta here. If the any of the team was able to finish a loving layup we woulda been in much better shape. I guess that sorta thing can happen when practices get cancelled and 1/5 of your starters are bull-in-a-china-shopping the team chemistry!!

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Lockback posted:

Though I also agree with the statement before that I see way more people criticizing the critics of Malone than I actually see critics. So either its made up heat or I'm just not looking in the places where he gets it.

I think a lot of the criticism comes from Jokic superfans on the internet who think Malone is underutilizing him, while at the same time giving him no credit for handing a 22 year old, 41st pick, seven foot tall living personification of the Pilsbury Dough Boy the keys to the offense in the first place. I think a lot of old school coaches would have just let him languish on the bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Put them on the Cavs jerseys imo

• Locked thread