Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - The Morgue....???

As Yuki shifts into her coffin and the worlds shift, Noriko breathes a sigh of relief. "thank goodness... i thought we'd have to do this with her in the room..." Arriving in this other place, she considers their surroundings for a moment. "this moment is... impermanent. i've lost before, i wouldn't want to experience it twice. it's better this way..."

Taking in the details of this strange place, Noriko contemplates life after death. ...is this what it's going to be like for all of us...? The place has an odd beauty, but a terrible loneliness to it. She feels relieved when Takeo breaks the silence, her anxious thoughts falling away when he ruffles her hair. "it's Mori. let's just go with that." she smiles slightly. "indeed. we're making progress on the path you set us on, but there's a lot that's so unclear. we don't know who to trust. you weren't exactly forthcoming with us either... but you don't have anything to gain by misleading us, which makes you more trustworthy than anyone else we've met since we started. thank you for seeing us... whether or not you had the choice, i still appreciate it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Akio // Wednesday - ???

While he felt deeply uncomfortable getting close to Takeo's corpse, Akio does make his way over to Noriko as she ever so bluntly asks for his assistance. His eyes remain transfixed on the body as he speaks, his voice trembling slightly. "I just don't want you to be harmed..." He takes a deep breath and starts going through the motions of the ritual. "I know Joker wasn't the one that caused the thing with Hideaki, but he did make some kind of deal with the devil which we don't know much about. And he seems to mostly be motivated by vengeance, against ORDER and even society as a whole... You should be careful of trusting him."

---

While Akio wasn't entirely sure what to expect from the ritual, he thought he had a good idea what would happen at its conclusion. That idea turned out to be way off the mark. He looks around the otherworldly landscape with wonder. It seemed to be a lonely place, but after witnessing the horrifying overcrowded Hell that didn't seem like such a bad thing, as far as afterlives go.

When they meet Takeo he bows respectfully, if a bit frantically. "Um, h-hi, Hamada-san. Thank you for saving me earlier!" he says, unsure how to act in front of the man that saved his life just a few days ago. "I'm surprised you'd help me since we never met, but, well... Thanks..." He scratches his hair as he stands up. "If there's anything I can do to repay you, um, just let me know."

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // The House of Fortune - Heist

"Just as I thought, they're illusions," Ambrose says as the first guardian scatters to the wind. "Keep your eyes open and do not take anything at face value. Conserve your powers until we know for sure we're not fighting fakes."

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: I'm not so sure, Itsumi.
Ambrose: This might just be all there is to it to this encounter.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Memento-Mori // Noriko - The Heist!

Memento-Mori nods at Ambrose, before slinging a cheap spell at the remaining guard.

Phantasmal Assault vs Golem Will Psychic: 1d20+24 32 1d8+17 21

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Wednesday, May 20th
Music

: Takeo winks and points to Noriko with one finger gun as he lowers the other. "Mori, right! Time kinda wanders here so.. I'll probably forget that. But I won't forget that you really are as cute as your Av!" Bang! He chuckles and ruffles Akio's hair before tapping his forehead and gesturing for him to raise his head. "Hey, it's Takeo. And no problem, I got just the thing you can do to pay me back."

He grins. "You got a resurrection spell?" He waits a bit for things to start to grow awkward and laughs. "Don't worry about it! Besides.." He looks to the side, at the great rift in the mountain. "I don't think we're meant to go back. Well, it's not that bad a place. I think in time I'll eventually invent myself a real bike. That'll make traveling more fun, yeah?" He chuckles again and heads back to the table, grabbing one of the warped apples and taking a bite as he sits.

"So, what'd you come to see me for? I uh, yeah, I kinda remember my struggles back then.. I think I dragged you guys on board to get good folks as support." He doesn't chew but his mouth has cleared. He takes another bite. "Nothing bad, ya know? But I think you've probably run into some of the bad bits. I wanted to.." He stops to think after a passing look of mental disconnect. "Well, I think I would've mentored you into something to help me out. And help someone else out.." He takes another bite and scratches his head. "It's ready distant to me now, sorry about that."

---

House of Fortune
Music

Tsukiyo one Hit! Weasel Miss!

Under combined assault the second Guardian is torn apart and dissolves into arcane essence, the remains of both "golems" dissipating rapidly. The path to the grand office ahead is opened and Akio recognizes it as Isabelle's own.

Inside is an alarmingly dull room. A perfectly flat and grey luxury room framing, absent almost any furniture and certainly not decorated. The only thing that breaks up all of the smooth marble and tile floors is a single heavy desk set in the back center of the square, where Isabelle usually met Akio.

Upon the desk rests a simple device with convoluted pipes, ratchets, widgets and arms that steadily weaves and powers itself, banding together streams of violet power before committing to an entryway where they vanish. Atop the device is a rotary dial with six selections, each button colored. An extra blank space separates the circle, presumably to insure it runs smoothly or as part of some resetting mechanism, you have to assume.

Trying each of the six settings dramatically alters everything in the room, spontaneously creating new arrangements of furniture with luxury seatings, transmutes the material everything from the floor to the ceiling and even furniture itself is made of and even decorates the room. It goes so far as to provide new lighting in styles that provide hues to match or compliment the button selected.

However, none of the six settings or the default blank setting offer any method of progression. No doors, passages or even windows. At least the exit remains constant.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 12, 2019

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Wednesday, May 20 - Somewhere

Takashi tries very hard not to gawp at the place they end up - even after everything they have seen some sights are beyond decorum. As they continue towards the house and Takeo comes into view, Takashi immediately recalls the man's avatar, the smiling face and the compliment on his own avatar. He gives a nodding salute to Takeo's command to never die easy, having *long* ago internalized that idea.

"Even in eternity, Tak's gotta stick together," he laughs, "but as usual Nori cuts to the heart of the matter. We're here because you know... knew... things that we don't about the shape of this game, the players, the stakes. Maybe you even know the rules. And we hoped you'd share them, so that your proteges can still win. And because she misses you," Takashi finishes in an exhale, simultaneous thankful that Yuki wasn't here, and wishing she was. Making her leave would have been heartbreaking.

-----

/

House of Fortune - (#attakisback #thedrifter #lastresortandspa)

Once in the office, attak tries to sniff out anything beyond what the room is presenting, going full bloodhound.

quote:

[Party][attak]: Another set of illusions, huh. That means there probably isn't anything here. Just something to throw us off the real trail.

Passive 32 Perception, and this beautiful active: Perception: 1d20+22 23 ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ ˂ripᵎ⁾✩

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Noriko squeezes Akio's hand, reminded of how close things had come. "um... thanks for saving him. i owe you too..." she says, looking off to the side with a hint of red in her cheeks. "...um, but i still have to ask more of you... um." she eyes Akio, letting a little disdain show. She worried he was being naive with ORDER. "...we know that we're not on Order's side in this but they don't seem unified, either. we know Bishop killed you and that's enough to know we can't take him lightly... but some of the other members seem indifferent, or affable... but they all have to still be following Bishop for a reason. We don't really know their motivation, or how much his inner circle really knows about the things he does... um. to start with, i think it would probably help... something caused you to split off from Order, and, uh, White Blade was vague about it. What exactly made you turn against them... and why didn't the others?"

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: heh heh
Memento-Mori: it'd be a very controller trap
Memento-Mori: the empty room that seems important
Memento-Mori: um... all the same...

Memento-Mori fiddles around with the buttons on the panel, pressing them in random sequences, like she might be entering a code, feeling kind of silly.

Arcana: 1d20+26 27 !!!!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 14, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Feeling a bit frisky, Ambrose takes a seat on Isabelle's side of the desk. He can't help but smirk a bit to himself, sitting opposite of where he was usually made to sweat by Isabelle's questions and her prodding. As for the desk itself, it seemed to be the one permanent fixture of the room, and a classic hiding spot for buttons uncovering secret passageways. But would the world's best controller and connoisseur of high arcana use something so simple as a button or switch to access such areas? Or would she install something more... esoteric? Having unrestricted access to the room, Ambrose focuses on exploring the magical energies permeating it in a hope to find some way to proceed.

Arcana: 1d20+34 38 Not today, orokos!
Arcana Reroll: 1d20+34 52

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wednesday, May 20th
Music

: Takeo is silent for a while. "... Yeah, I remember her. You don't meet the one very often. A lot of guys here never even did it at all.." He smiles warmly. "I was pretty lucky."

"Turning against them.. hmm. Yeah, bear with me. This was awhile ago. Uhm.. well, originally there was the four big guns. You know, Wolfie as the tank, that lizard wizard as the damage, snooty chick as the wizard and Bishop as the healer. They grouped well and got along. Just kinda how them games went, when people work well they form that kinda clique. They started bringing on folks they liked, got along with them or thought they were competent, had something special. Guild formed and the good just kept getting gooder, became best in the game. Took on some of the other folks you know. I fell in like that with them, kind of a fun game to hop in and blow off some steam." He finishes the apple with a final bite and leans back, looking skyward. "Was a nice change in that kinda game.. you got good with skillful poo poo instead of burning time. Kinda like how you guys are coming up, yeah?"

"Ah, anyway." He lowers his head and leans forward, relaxing as he tells the story. "One day something came up. It was the first time a lot of us felt something.. else. Something outside. You know what I mean. Like this but different. Real bad, like all the stuff you gotta keep in your head so you can get through life without going crazy. Supposed to just be a sort of rare Mindscape everybody thought but we started seeing personal things. I saw my dad. I dunno what brought it up but there was a lot of hot talk between everybody, especially if you were epic level or tougher. Half the officers wanted to pursue it. The rest wanted to seal it. Me and.. uh..." He thinks. "... My pal, dude was a lawyer in real life. A weekend warrior type. Blade? Anyway. We got to talking and you know.." His eyes widen a bit as he clearly experiences some mental connections forming(or reforming!)

"It wasn't even a fight, or bad blood! We were asked to help somebody who was in real bad trouble.. maybe with the big devil, like in the game.. and there was a split... some folks were helping, some refused, others were walling people out or didn't want to get involved.. it's like anyone who knew about the game was a possible threat. Or maybe a few of them didn't want to risk their own lives. I guess that's fair, but I had to help. Help.. I forget.. sorry, man. Well, we couldn't work with a lot of them, they wouldn't let us.. and I think me and Blade knew that once you weren't part of that clique, you weren't getting in. We had to do something on our own."

He cups his chin and thinks. "Anyone who remains is either in on it.. trying to get in on it.. or even doesn't know any better... or maybe there's something else there. Sorry. That's about as best as I remember it."

---

House of Fortune
Music

Passive Perception(All): When adjusting the room to cobalt blue settings you spawn a set of elaborate bookshelves and a trio of luxurious padded reading chairs set around an ornate golden low table. A large volume detailing antiques is open on it, a matching golden sliver of paper-thin metal serving as a bookmark. The pages describe ornate iron filing cabinets, similar to a rustic appearance in the Ruby Red setting. However once spawned these prove to be locked by a complicated device made by three simple locks connecting to a larger glyph on the surface of the bottom drawer. A simple test of any individual lock in the trio lets a sufficient Dex character bypass it with Thievery(Weasel auto-passes) but none of the three yield any change in the locked status of the cabinet.

: "Huh! Tricky stuff!" Weasel ambles around the room each time it changes, trying to pick up and pocket anything that looks smaller than a desk. The wonder of the books of the Cobalt Blue room seem lost on him.

Arcana: Dedicated goofing around tests each button and finds them working, as well as the reset function. Rampant silliness doesn't threaten to damage or overwhelm the device which simply pauses time by split seconds to accommodate repeated or sudden shifts. If any of you are standing in a space where furniture would appear you're blinked to the side in a subtle whmph.

Channeling focused precision, Akio grips the top of Noriko's hand for a moment(Redd gasps off-screen) and aligns their auras with the arcane streams moving through the machine. They can briefly see the flow of energy in totality... and a hidden outline of a seventh button where the reset dial is! This is advanced stuff.. simply using the reset dial isn't enough. You must actively channel and provide arcane energy of your own before using the dial, activating the 8th Room! This is the Blank Slate of Isabelle's true office! Everything shifts, including the hallways just outside!

A perfectly measured square room has been split into a practical combination of library and office. In the far corners of the ceiling on either side are melon-sized golden orbs set in ornate metal frames. They briefly broadcast veils of light that adjust everything in the room to your individual vision: lighting, hue and even decor shimmer and reform, taking on design choices you would find pleasing without altering the function. The chair Akio sits in animates itself and shakes him out before shrinking, twisting and narrowing to the proportions of shorter woman! Behind the desk a massive pure golden frame erupts, the material far more lustrous than that of the Fake Room. It pulls itself into a tidy square and fills itself with tomes of practical spellcasting theory. On the left side of the room a beautiful opal mirror shimmers into existence, hanging on the wall. Opposite that blooms a portrait of <Mage>_Isabelle, the World's Best Controller. She wears a nebulous robe that looks as though it was pulled from the night sky, reminding you of the artifact armor pulled from Headcount.

The desk transmutes to widen into a roomy crescent moon design and modifies the Decor Device, transforming it into a floating display of ethereal orbs that looks like a holographic solar system suspended above several linked metal circles. There are options to modify the room's layout six times again based on the familiar hues of Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black and White. There's also a Grey option to return to the original seven options(False Blank, Ruby Red, Cobalt Blue, Emerald Green, Topaz Yellow, Obsidian Black and Diamond White) to facilitate investigating the clues Takashi sniffed out.

You get the feeling the true path forward will be in the 7 Ascended Rooms. The default there would be Isabelle's Office, followed by the 6 options to transform it.

(Fake: False Blank, Ruby Red, Cobalt Blue, Emerald Green, Topaz Yellow, Obsidian Black and Diamond White)
(True: Isabelle's Office, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black and White)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 12, 2019

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo - House of Fortune

Flagelo looks at the holographic orbs and the desk, and then at whatever connecting mechanisms that they hold with the rest of the room. Her videogame skills, honed through years must be useful for this!

Dungeoneering (Pattern Finding): 1d20+20 30

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: You think Isabelle hid something in this room?
Flagelo: I'd say there might be a sequence that we must hit in order to unlock treasure...
Flagelo: Or at least avoid summoning more guardians and dungeon defenses.

Tsukiyo

"Wolfie... Yeah makes sense that Bro was with them since the start but..." Tsukiyo crosses her arms and starts pondering. Maybe Genjuro can get them some more information about ORDER's early days. And this stuff about the Mindscape melding sounds quite familiar...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Noriko's heart twinges uncomfortably when Ambrose squeeze's Mori's hand, the gravity of the Headcount fight still weighing her down. She looked at him with worry, not really concerned with the puzzle as much as she was about Akio almost dying. This place was more dangeous than she'd expected - Isabelle was more dangerous than she'd expected.

I can't believe he's been coming here by himself... She finds herself considering their odds of success for the first time, a calculation she'd never bothered to do. None of us can do this alone. None of us are strong enough.

The battle with Fenrir had been hard fought, but they only won because they banded together as a team. As much as people called her a hanger-on and a loser, nobody could have beaten him one on one. A killer threat - just like the rest of Order. Each member by their own right, in the game of Digital Devil Worlds, were gods and monsters. She'd come here to show up Isabelle, but it was clear now that there was never a competition in the first place. They were light years apart from one another. The House of Fortune was the sanctum of a controller who could stand alone. She knew she wasn't that kind of controller yet.. And she didn't know if she wanted to be. They're depending on me... He's depending on me.

Sitting in Isabelle's chair, Noriko thinks about how badly she'd wanted to be here for so long - and just feels empty. Reaching over to the panel, she looks through the options on the controller and flips it to Black.

Takeo's response was affirmation of a lot she'd already suspected. Maybe now I can get him to stop playing with fire... As he finishes, she finds the story is missing an important detail. "...hmm. your memory seems to go in and out... probably a side effect of the ritual. too far outside of the scope of the first question... but, um." she looks over at the rest of the group. "...sorry to take another question like this, everyone." turning back to Takeo, she continues 'but... you had to help someone? who needed helping, and why? what can you tell us about the situation?"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 15, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(As a point of reference that came up earlier in the thread or OOC but I'm putting here now, DDW the in-game MMO launched roughly a year ago. ORDER came to prominence about six months after that. This is widely known IC knowledge.)

---

House of Fortune
Music

Dungeoneering: Whenever you switch away from Isabelle's Office the portrait and mirror vanish as the walls rearrange, the East and West walls always being covered by furniture or tapestries. When you return to Isabelle's Office(or the True Neutral Room) they respawn.

Switching to the True Black Room despawning every piece of furniture but the desk. The walls are soon blanketed in thick iron chains hanging loosely, the movements of other appearing pieces cause them to rustle and jangle. A large iron torture rack builds up in the center of the room and blooms a pair of small surgical tables with full spread of cutting and splitting tools. The corners of this room fill out with ominous altars to malformed idols and too orderly piles of skulls. Everything is fastidiously clean despite the suggested theme..it might be unnerving in real life but in a game like this there was no real way to commit somebody to enduring kidnap and torture. The room feels as though it were never used and simply added to round out the options.

The bookshelves behind the desk on the raised Northern wall are gone in this setting, leaving a large green-black cobblestone opening, a massive blank rectangle between the curtains of chains.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 12, 2019

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

"hmm. i kind of like this one..." Memento-Mori glances around for a moment, stopping to examine the conspicuously empty northern wall.

Gonna Try for Perception: 1d20+13 26

If nothing pans out and nobody else is interested in the room, she switches the room to Red.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

"Heh, I knew something felt off." Ambrose says as the true layers of the room reveal themselves, but then he pauses and looks down at his hand, which was still holding Mori's over the machine. His gaze slowly wanders up from her hand to her worried expression. By continually focusing on the moment Akio had managed keep what happened in the back of his head, but when he sees that look on her face it reminded him, and a sudden pang of distress let him know he hadn't gotten over it. He puts on a brave face and gives her a reassuring smile, but he could sense that it appeared hollow. He opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted as the chair underneath him animates and summarily ejects him on the floor!

He quickly picks himself off the ground and clears his throat, feeling seriously uncool, and starts searching the room for new clues.

---

After the room switches to red, Ambrose quickly scans it for similar filing cabinets to the ones they found in the ruby room, but doesn't find any. Maybe it was something else then? "Let's see... The cobalt room gave us a hint for the ruby room, so maybe the blue room has the solution for this room? Unless it's all just a red herring. Everything here seems to be designed to waste our time." He throws a look out the door. It looked like the hallways had changed back to how he was used to them looking. "Dahlia," he says, and his fairy familiar flits out from under his cloak, making a sound like a wind chime. "Give the hallway a quick look and tell me what you find." The glowing ball of light dances around for a moment, then flaps her wings and flies out into the corridors, though she was restricted from moving too far away from him. [Max range 20 squares]

After they're done with the red room, Ambrose switches to the blue room.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

House of Fortune
Music

quote:

Chat inquiries

Perception, True Black Room: There's nothing unusual about the blank stretch of wall along the North. It's large enough for a nice bit of decoration.

The True Red Room does not have the filing cabinets! It is a luxury bar!

The halls outside have shifted in appearance. They remain the same shape, with no new additions or routes.

Dahlia glides out as far as she can to investigate any changes in the environment. From Isabelle's Office to the Elevator, nothing is different outside of the change in appearance. Going any further exceeds the 20 Square limit.

---

False Neutral Room: Inside is an alarmingly dull room. A perfectly flat and grey luxury room framing, absent almost any furniture and certainly not decorated. The only thing that breaks up all of the smooth marble and tile floors is a single heavy desk set in the back center of the square.

Ruby Red(Fake Red): A room of record keeping with a few old, rustic desks and antiquated typewriters. A large filing cabinet has a trio of locks on the bottom shelf, however when a lock is picked it resets back to locked within a few seconds.

Cobalt Blue(Fake Blue): Reading room with a set of elaborate bookshelves and a trio of luxurious padded reading chairs set around an ornate golden low table. A large volume detailing antiques is open on it, a matching golden sliver of paper-thin metal serving as a bookmark.

Emerald Green(Fake Green): An indoor garden with orbs that broadcast synthetic sunlight. Dozens of potted plants of various sizes ranging from hand-held to as big as tires are arranged around a simple lemniscate(or Infinity Loop) pattern that passes by some sets of iron benches.

Topaz Yellow(Fake Yellow): Arrangements of quality tools and work benches with functions for the modification and repair of traditional gear. Includes a few stocks of generic consumables like quivers of arrows and packs of bolts.

Diamond White(Fake White): A cozy dining room with a small, self-contained multi-use oven where arrangement of runes allows for different effects and intensity of them.

Obsidian Black(Fake Black): A collection of small to medium sized cages designed for living creatures. One is occupied by a creature the size of a house cat with the body of one and the face of a snowy owl, full wings tucked in at his shoulders as he snoozes peacefully on four paws. A set of grooming tools and a collection of molted feathers is neatly kept near the cage, along with three heavy bottles pre-filled with a featureless leaden elixir. They are labeled with simple wrappings and gorgeous calligraphy as Flask of Cat's Reflexes and Owl's Wisdom. There is no evidence of anything set up to feed the creature but you have to remind yourself that this is a game and it is just data. All the same his cage is stocked with new toys of yarn and rough leather and the cage is neatly titled Rüdiger.

Isabelle's Office(True Neutral): A perfectly measured square room has been split into a practical combination of library and office. In the far corners of the ceiling on either side are melon-sized golden orbs set in ornate metal frames. They briefly broadcast veils of light that adjust everything in the room to your individual vision: lighting, hue and even decor shimmer and reform, taking on design choices you would find pleasing without altering the function. Decorated with the mirror and the portrait of Isabelle.

True Red: A glamorous luxury bar with all manners of ways to pretend to get drunk and to add real visual blurring to your game UI. Behind the bar is a decorative display of dozens of different high-end looking bottles arranged in order of ascending height from front to back, creating a pleasing visual centerpiece.

True Blue: An almost empty room, the primary attraction here is the return of the lemniscate, this time as a set of four layered atop itself at set intervals like a blooming flower. There are eight points where the floor itself is drawn up and frozen in place as large points around the room, the whole of it looking like one continuous work of quicksilver. Arcane power floods the room on this setting.

True Green: This setting causes the walls and ceiling of the floor to expand ten fold and turn ethereal as projections of sunlight and clear skies beam into a significant expansion of the previous garden setting. Despite the massive increase in size the room is still fully contained and going too high or too far meets an invisible wall. The variety of plant life is greatly improved and a gazebo has been spawned with a small set-up to sit and relax.

True Yellow: A room almost cramped to the point of phobia, almost all of the office is occupied by an insanely complicated machine with room for a few people to stand and line up with Human sized openings in the machine. Examining the machine reveals it is an "Imbuing Station" that could provide buffs of some sort but several complicated and empty inputs suggest you don't have the materials or know-how to do anything with it.

True White: The room is layered over with luxurious velvet carpeting, wall-lining curtains and simple decoration, allowing for a few places to sit and a raised corner where an enchanted piano plays itself soundlessly. Occasionally the echoes of a distant melody pass along the silent room. Standing by the desk is a heavily shadowed figure that is also perfectly ethereal, wearing a Velvet Uniform. They're rather small and appear a bit delicate, the size of a young child. Any attempts to interact with the figure inevitably fail and the most likely reason would be that as you are not Isabelle, her attendant will not recognize your existence.

True Black: The walls are soon blanketed in thick iron chains hanging loosely, the movements of other appearing pieces cause them to rustle and jangle. A large iron torture rack builds up in the center of the room and blooms a pair of small surgical tables with full spread of cutting and splitting tools. The corners of this room fill out with ominous altars to malformed idols and too orderly piles of skulls. Everything is fastidiously clean despite the suggested theme..it might be unnerving in real life but in a game like this there was no real way to commit somebody to enduring kidnap and torture. The room feels as though it were never used and simply added to round out the options.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wednesday, May 20th
Music

quote:

'but... you had to help someone? who needed helping, and why? what can you tell us about the situation?"

: "It's no problem, Mori. I got no idea how long I've been doing my own thing here. It's hard to remember a lot of things. I figure when you die, you're meant to move on. It's like.. do you remember when you were born? Prolly not..." He takes a drag of his makeshift cigarette and exhales. "Hmm. Who needed help.."

"I knew a few of the ORDER players, obviously.. we got along, they liked my style, or I wouldn't be there at all. So I was fond of a few of 'em. They could be real stuck up, snobby sons-a-bitches.. I really had it in for uh, this college student rear end in a top hat, heh heh.. real silver spoon fucker." He rotates the remains of the cigarette to check the size, figuring he owes it one final draw to finish it off. "Shhh... when some new folks came to us, something changed. Way I see it, there wasn't a "Great Game" going on. Then somebody... started it up."

He gestures, the burning grass fading away to nothing in his index and middle finger. "They made the first deal. We didn't know what they meant. They just needed help, bad. That's how he deals, the devil. It's like mafia goons. They don't want you to make the payments and if you do, you better pay more than you took out. So you get terms that are bad or that you can't do alone. We were tore up about how to help this newbie and what to do about the new game. Especially if the stakes were... ya know, real." He looks up and sighs.

"I woulda bought my own lot and a diamond ring the size of my fist... anyways... well, I daydream about it! I think about it, that's all! Everybody wants to make it big, but it ain't right, getting what you want and torching folks along the way. It ain't me. Me and Blade knew we had to help and the rest, they just saw the prize. Fuckin' guild politics took over, the cliques closed ranks. We got burned and somebody reached an agreement. That's when we left and ORDER started pushing that hard world first status. Best of the best. And I think at the end of the day it's because there was no other choice. You wanna win that contest, you gotta be stronger than anyone else." He sighs and rubs his hands together. "There's things a man does, when he sees injustice he should get madder than he's ever been. That's how I felt.. then to feel helpless and be shut out.. prolly why I got guys like you to try and make a difference. I'd do the right thing even if nobody wanted me to!"

He gestures and the half-smoked cigarette reappears in his two-finger grip, where he relives smoking it before dropping it to step on and snuff out the embers with his toes. "The rest of them, they think they knew better, or they'd win the game and the deals and pull ahead. I didn't like it. That Devil, he makes them deals but he doesn't want to help. He pushes you in ways that cause you to hurt others to succeed. That's what tore me up. Whoever began the game, whoever set the board? They got the worst of it, the biggest need to reach the top. It's like the rest are bettin' on a race horse."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo picks up the book on the Fake Blue room and opens where it's bookmarked at. "If it's bookmarked I guess it must be something important. A pic of a chandelier. "Some clue that is. The thing with the mirror and the portrait changing... I think they are the key but I dunno how to make them trigger the exit." She also rearranges the pots on the Fake Green room into a circular order to see if it moves on the True Blue one, but it seems to not work.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

House of Fortune
Music

(Responses to chat-room inquiries.)

-You can pick up items and carry them from room to room so long as it isn't large furniture.

-The Owlcat potions are not for the Big Imbuer. Consumables for the Big Imbuer will be labeled as such. The Owlcat potions are stand-alone.

-In the Fake Blue Room, the bookmark opens to a picture and summary of an elegant chandelier being used in the True Red room(The Bar.) The book has pages of unrelated furniture and antique decorations, titled Elite Picks(Deco. Catalogue VII).

-Things are consistent from reset to reset across the rooms, and things done in one room don't change the layout of another.

-While moving pots in the Fake Green Room's garden you discover a small iron key, hidden beneath a random mid-sized pot's bottom.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

House of Fortune
Music

Passive Perception: Largely ornamental, the chandelier clearly won't support a grown person's weight. Instead of candles or electrical lighting, the chandelier is lit by a single massive orange orb at the center, which broadcasts light that reflects through the glass decorations. The inside of the orb holds a dancing, concentrated flame.

Using Mage Hand: After a painstakingly protracted amount of time spent rotating the orb you unsocket and remove it from the chandelier. Though difficult to read against the light it casts and the grain of the material it is engraved with a clear "Imbuer Element: Flame" This doesn't change much in the chandelier, though it does make it safer in case of accidents.

-Examining the chandelier without the light obscuring things, one of the connecting links in the chain to the ceiling is a second iron key.

Crowley: Crowley seizes the key, which comes out of place with surprising ease. The removal triggers the dispersion of a band of ethereal force and gravity kicks in, the chandelier crashing to the ground and shattering. This makes a very loud noise but the removal of the flame source was a wise first step.

Filing Cabinet: With two of the three keys, you are able to unlock and stabilize two of the three locks on the filing cabinet.
This seems to be the trick: the locks must be unlocked simultaneously. Freezing two in place simplifies it greatly and Weasel auto-picks the third, opening the cabinet.

Inside is a third iron key.

Earlier, fighting Headcount posted:

: "And these Overseer challenges are ridiculous, I get the feeling Isabelle doesn't like many people!

: Redd chimes in during all this puzzle solving: "Is that it? A lot of this magic is based on occupying the same space."

: "I don't get this kinda stuff... nyeh, how about a guide? Check online!"

Moving the Portrait: You remove the Portrait and come across solid wall. You refrain from walking into it to complete the joke. As you pick up the portrait the figure of Isabelle painted on it speaks in her voice, which is that of a colder, older woman. Reminds you of a teacher. "Lets hope you're not as clumsy as you look."

Take Portrait/Mirror to Big Imbuer: Touching items to the Imbuer yields no change to any of the items or the Imbuer itself.

When you hold the Mirror up to the Big Imbuer, it reflects one of the armor slots being occupied by an obscured figure wearing armor. The armor is imbued with energy and clearly enhanced before the mirror's additions fade away.

When you hold the Portait up to the Big Imbuer, Isabelle's Shade laughs: "You'll never get this one."

Present Iron Keys to Portrait/Mirror: Holding the keys up to the portrait, Isabelle's Shade covers her mouth and giggles. "Have you tried using all three keys together?"

Holding the keys up to the mirror, they reflect the same three keys, but they have hairline cracks.

Using all three Iron Keys at once, without picking any of the locks on the Cabinet: You close the filing cabinet drawer and relock each of the locks. You then insert the three keys together and unlock all three locks without using Thievery to pick any of them. Once used, the iron keys are pulled into the locks and vanish, the key-holes replaced by solid metal.

The drawer's surface shimmers and when opened reveals a different compartment, lined like a luxury good box or a fancy cigar case with cushions. Inside is a belt made of silk cloth straps embroidered with gold woven into thread, the embroidery continuing past each individual strap to connect to the next. This is done four times in total, each line made of different colored silk with red, blue, yellow and green lines. The item pulses with fine power and is warm to the touch, yet the DDW UI does not immediately identify it. You can still try it on.

Show Belt To Portrait: Isabelle's Shade raises a hand to her cheek, her eyes widening as her eyebrows rise. "I guess there's more to you than I thought... but it's the last handout you'll get from me."

Tsukiyo equips the Belt: The beautiful multi-sash belt is revealed to be a

quote:

Great Acrobat's Cincture of Vivacity
Passive: When you spend a Healing Surge during combat that would grant HP beyond your Max, gain the extra HP as THP.
Passive: When you roll Acrobatics, roll twice and use either result.
Passive: +1 Reflex(Typeless), +2 Initiative(Typeless)

An amazing, powerful sub-artifact find! Oh, and Tsukiyo's Avatat Flagello immediately shimmers and transforms into a Male approximation of itself, outfit and gear adjusting to fit new dimensions, as well as chest-piece adjusting to shorten sleeves and provide an open bare chest. His new appearance suggests a crafter's hand attempting to make them appear a bit more traditionally attractive in a heroic sense.

Tsukiyo: The cincture welds itself to Flagello's waist and cannot be removed. It is Cursed! On the portrait Isabelle's Shade giggles unceasingly. With some measure of relief you realize the change is only in DDW and not real life.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"WHAT." A... Surprising masculine voice, resembling Fenrir's, is let out by Tsukiyo on the voice chat.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

quote:

Raised to the mirror, the owlcat flasks reflect a figure holding their stomach and doubled over.

Ambrose startles as Flagelo undergoes her sudden transformation and looks up from the mirror to gawk at her, then smiles wryly. "Here, this might help." He hands her the flask of Owl's wisdom.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

House of Fortune
Music

Drinking the owlcat flask: Tsukiyo declines!

Present Flame Essence to Mirror: A disappointed frown looks on at the Big Imbuer failing to activate. At least nobody's on fire, but one of the component slots in the device is still empty.

Present items to Mirror: When held up to the mirror the potted plant reflects not a plant, but your own severed head neatly half-submerged in the dirt.

When held up to the mirror a decorative bottle from the bar reflects an obscured figure diligently arranging the bottles centerpiece behind the bar.

Touch Enchanted Piano: Your hand goes through the solid material. Illusionary!

Examine Keys Played for Pattern: You focus intently on watching the order of the notes being pressed. There isn't a secret message here, but spending so much time focusing on the music and hearing the occasional echoes leads you to remembering the theme as familiar.

Examine Book and Bookmark in Mirror: You examine the book from the Fake Blue Room's library... inside the mirror the bookmark is removed and the book is turned to a new page, revealing the countertops that make up the shape of the True Red Room's luxury bar, including the centerpiece island in the back.

Examine Bar through Mirror: The mirror is unresponsive, and there's only decorative bits behind the bar to simulate the appearance of a real workplace.

Use the Mirror to sweep an entire room!: When you use the mirror to reflect every inch of the room, you discover one thing that stands out(assuming this is from Isabelle's Office, or the True Red Room): the door out to the halls changes to a different door-frame! Heavy doors of a strange, silver-bronze material with mithril framing and elaborate violet runics carved in. The double doors are shut and ethereal, behind them is the original hallway leading into Isabelle's office.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

House of Fortune
Music

Examine the Bar Centerpiece closely: You examine the centerpiece closely(assuming take 20 on Perception.) After meticulously checking each individual bottle you discover an Essence of Pure Magical Power, labeled for the Big Imbuer!

Closing the Doors: This does not change the mirror reflection aside from removing the view into the hallway. The doors line up perfectly, but when opened again it's the same hallway.

Examine Essence in Mirror: A smiling obscured figure steps into the imbuer wearing magic plate mail. They step out with a higher quality of armor.

Big Imbuer: You can add an additonal +1 bonus to one of your armor sets. The armor will also gain Fire Resistance 10.

Open Doors from Isabelle's Office(True Neutral) with Mirror: No change.

True Red Room: No change.

Every Other Room: When observed from the True Black Room... the closed office doors merge into the ethereal doors, which turn solid and merge with the solid doors. The two open simultaneously, revealing a shimmering ethereal hall! It is short and heading in a different direction towards a new descending elevator opening.

When you observe it with your eyes, the hall is ethereal. Touching ethereal matter causes your hand to pass through it without contact, and below the hall is endless darkness.

When you observe it through the mirror, it's solid.

The True Black Room remains throughout this, the room with the torture rack, necromantic altars and the large blank space opposite the Southern Doorway, on the Northern Wall.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

House of Fortune
Music

Mirror on Oven: Nothing revealed.

Pet the Owlcat: Rüdiger responds affectionately and nuzzles the top of his head into your palm. He cherishes your attention. Demands it!

Add Feather to Elixir: You insert one feather into one elixir. The feather dissolves into pure magical essence and the elixir immediately takes on a perfectly clear turquoise color, as though made of liquid mineral!

quote:

Elixir of Owlcat's Features x3

Grants +4 Dexterity and +4 Wisdom for 1 Day. Does Not Stack.

As a consumable, you can carry and keep the elixirs and use them at any time. You get the feeling the Big Imbuer is not so accommodating.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

House of Fortune
Music

Mirror sweep the True Black Room: No change.

Mirror the Blank Space on the Wall: Nothing revealed. Bringing them close together, the Mirror is about the same size as the blank space, a little smaller.

Hang the Mirror on the North Wall, True Black Room: The ethereal hallway solidifies in the mirror and does so in reality with an audible series of sounds, a symphony of stone setting and metal being affixed. If you turn your head backwards to look it shifts back to ethereal in your vision, but it maintains solid form in the mirror, so long as the mirror remains on the wall.

A polite soft applause comes from the Portrait.

Walk into Mirror: You attempt to walk into the mirror, but it remains solid.

: Noriko looks a little embarassed. "uh... i thought it might work"

Leave the room while walking backwards: You take a blind leap of faith when you take the first step out of Isabelle's Office and into the hall. To your immense relief it remains solid. When every member of the party has left the room in this way, Isabelle's Office closes itself off.

The doors open again and the room has hard-shifted to the True White Room, which shifts again before your eyes into a Velvet Room. The shadowed attendant manifests this time, a darling little boy with short white hair dressed in a neat velvet uniform. He bows to you before stepping aside and vanishing.

: "You did it!" Redd chimes in happily over party chat.

: "Piece a cake!" Weasel nonchalantly pitches the Portrait over his shoulder. It vanishes in mid-air to respawn back in the True Neutral room.

: Shikome manifests in her uniform and claps excitedly. The hallway leading to the elevator entry remains stable, solid and open. "I can help you here!" You can now synthesize and replace Support Personas.

Isabelle's desk manifests in the Velvet Room and transforms, this time displaying a small projected information screen, like a high fantasy take on a computer that matches the rest of the shifting room's decor. It details the development process of Headcount from the initial traditional Iron Golem to the terrifying doorman he is today.

"... absence of Bloodied status reflects insecurity in attackers... on kill Weakening effect quickens pace at which intruders feel ineffective. Panic sets in as they feel they are not making progress and he is killing them. Failure to remain composed makes it difficult for group to coordinate, failure to control Headcount leads to accelerated energy gain. Energy levels change behavior, unknowns lead to further confusion. By Levels 2 and 3 a party wipe is guaranteed."

There is an entry for recording voice waves, revealing that Headcount's input is a heavily modified and deepened recording of Isabelle herself. The final file is open and unfinished. Defeated.mp4. When played...

: "Why bother? This will never come up."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 26, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Plagued by fear and uncertainty as much as she was since the fight with Headcount, seeing the obvious spelled out in front of her leaves a bitter taste in her mouth. "i played right into her hands... this bitch..." she hardly notices how hard she's clenching her fists as they work through the design notes and voice files... nor does she quite seem to notice the flickering at the edges of her vision, the thin fabric of reality seems to ripple around her in response to her emotions in the velvet room. When the final voice file is played, and Isabelle's arrogant proclamation rings out into the room, her blood runs cold.

In-Game Message posted:

* Memento-Mori's [Fabric of Reality] is shifting...

As Noriko opens her mouth to scream, the material world falls away from her, and she finds herself... suspended, not in air or space, but some vast, inky medium, dim and infinite. In the game world, the shadows that normally trail Memento-Mori seem to fall inwards on her, swirling around her in a torrent that eventually obscures her from view completely. In this new place, she feels something vast, a malevolent force dwarfing the things they had seen up until now in power. it was formless, timeless, an undulating rhythm in the depths of a vast sea of nothing; a crawling chaos. Nyalathotep. The nothing in front of her shimmers to accommodate something: a bizarre mirror of herself, just hazy and unclear enough to be disconcerting. It opens Her mouth and makes a noise that scratches the back of her eyelids.

quote:

ẅ͔̤̥͖̪͕͍̮́̈ͮ͋̽͢ͅh̢̬̙͇̹̻̫̝̗̋̀ͪȍ̭̰͙͙̝̪̮̼ͮ̄̈́͘d̤͎̥̩͙̱̖̔̉̽͂̄̎ͯ͐̀o͔̝͉̰͊̋̾̂ͨȇ̶̷̖̣͇̹̘̤ͨ͒͊ͬ̾ͮͅs̵̢̬͔͚̪̗͉̱̳͇̃͆̎͝t̖̲̲̠̣̩̲̠̊ͥ͑̒ͭ̽͂̕͝͝h̨̬̲̖̙ͬͤ̄ͬ̀a̢̙͍̟͙͈̳̭̒́͟ͅt̴̹͚͚̦̮̤̦͈͔̏͛ͤ̍ͤ̔b̡̲͌͗̾̕ĭ̴̢͈̼̖͙̖̮ͣ͗͛̓ͪͩ̏́t̡̠̫͔͔ͥ͗̔̋ͯͨc̵̰͚ͤͫ͆̽ͫ̔͠͞ḧ̷̲̤̝̤̦̪́͗̽̓̈̏́tͪͣ̄̓̅̽҉̮ḫ̵̸̤͕̑̉͆͋ͣ̔į̦̞̻͓̯̼̤̫ͬ̋̉̇̇ͣͫn̨̢̹̯̰̲ͤ̄ͭ͑kͮ̅͏̺̱̮̬̤͉̬ͅs̉̾̐̑͏͈ͅhͫ̿̽͟͏͏̖̜e͆̌̓ͭͧ̓̒̊͏̟̦i̼̘̥͆̑̽̿ͪs̴̳̥͖̊ͧͯ̅̋̄
̵̜̪͈̫͓͖̅̆̆̚ ͖͈͉̯͍̮̪̯̐͜͠ ̢̫͕̲͇̝̍͊ͦͩ̑̏̅ ̬̲ͥ̈́ ͚͔͖͍̝͒͌ͯ̚͠ͅ ̺͕͔̫̳̮͈ͥͯ̔ͯ̚ ͙̹̪̩̬̩̰̒̏̿̔ͪͩ̏͝ ̵̢̨̗͚͍͍̺̜̰͗ͅẇ̵͍͖̝̳̙̳͆ͥ̈ͨ̃̅ͬ̚͜h̴̖͈̹͆͋̒ͮ̂̽̅ͦo͎̘̜̤̞̤͓̦͌͐̄̈͗ͨ̑̔d̶̖́ͫͮ́͟o̗̼̒̋̓͐̉ȩ̠̭͍ͣ͂͘ͅṣ̣̞̻̘̯̮̼̩̅ͬ̈́ͫ̐͛̾̀t̗͓̱͎̺̺̦͎̽̿ͤ̈́ͪ͆͑ͩ͞͡h̩̼̲̭͍͐̉ͥ̇̈́̈́̾͢͡a̷̜̰̺͍̺̹̻͔̓͋̾̑͌̊ͩ͌͘͢t̞͓̼͖̭̥̗ͤ̑̔ͅḃ̷̝̬̜͓͈̖ͨ̈́̉̊̕į̵̼̱͓̼̲̬̊̿͊̉̇̑̾͟t̎ͬ̉ͬͧͮ̚͏̢̫͉͉̬͍̹̝c̛͍͉̤̤̗͚̫̟̦ͧ͂̏̎̍͒ͧ͑̍ḩ̪̉͒̃ͩ̉ͧ́ͣt̘͔̘͕͚ͯ̿͂̋͂͊̑h̨͓̖͓̏͋͜i̙̻͋̆̍̉̂̈́͐̿n̨͔̝̮͚͓͉͚̋͊̂͌ͦͮ̓͢k̨̩͍̱̮̝̙̣̘͆̆̉ͨ͒̀͜s̲̯̱̠̫͚ͬ̕͡h̷̆̀̀̉ͯ̍͏̼͓̙͖̞̤̻͠e̱̹̟͕̠̹̘ͯ̎̐ͥ̓̔̍i̶͚̥̯̲̥ͯͥͮ̓ͯͅs̲̱͈͇̼̼̣̩͊ͪ͐̓̓
̸̶͚̊̍ ̠͍̮ͧͩ͐̉ͣ̆͑̽ͩ ̡̲̜̥̫͈̠̟ͦͮ̍̍͜͝ ̷̙͚͎͍̼̇̉͊ͅ ̷̧̺̗͓͚͔̗̻̈́̑̈́͌̇͋̓̄̕ ̴̵̱͓͓̾̓́̒͜ ̶̫̼̯̟̳͕̈ͩ̄̉̆̆ͩͫ̔ ̿͗̎̅͊͗͐҉̳̗͔ ̨͙̫̇ͣ̔̕͟ ̶̟̠̘̱̥͎ͦ̈͆͊͐͑͑͆̚͘͠ ̬̌̆͟͜ ̲̰̅ͬ̃͆̈̌͜ ̴̳̜̹̜̻̜͓͐̃͊́͟ ͥ̃̂͗̚҉̦̘̩̹̟͠ ̯̔̄̓̈́̽ͦ͢ ̵̱̠̲̩͈̹͛͒̐ ̸̷̪͖͇ͣ́̾̓͒ͬͦ̿͢ ̴̪̜̙̟̣̠̹̍ͅw̵̧͍̻̅̂͐ḧ̑̀͋̔͏͕͙͉͈̭̦͎͞͠ȍ̳̗̯̊͐ͮ͋̎ḑ̰̠̀͂̌́o͛̊ͥ̈͑͏̢͉̣͔̫̝͈̗̱ḙ̸̻̆ͅŝ̵̛̙͉̞̰͍͍̖͊ͣt̵̨̛̙͎̝ͤ̔̾ͥ͗̌̌h͉̣̥̺̪̜͔̙̋̽͋ͧ͆̄å͓̟̞͖̺̲͆ͭ͌ͨ̓̓͊ͤt̛͚̭͉̒ͫ͂̐ͪ͞b͐̑̏͆ͪ̈͏̧͍̩͔͞į͉ͪͅt͔̩̫͈͓̘̙̯ͭ̑͊c̰̲̖͙̞̥͕̯͕ͨ͂͌͒͂̈ͧ́̕͜h̷̴͓̫̊̾ͯ̿ͥ́͑̔̓͞t̨̧͍̖͎̲̉ͩͭ̀ͭͭ̄͘h̨̧̀ͬ̅͑҉̯͉͖͙̠i̺̤̻͕͇͓̱͈ͭ͗̄ͮͨ̓̉͜n̛͔͈̳̟̦̳̓ͬ̏̎͛̉̈̚k̹̰̳̮̜̤̩ͦ͞š̠̩̘̿ͥ̇̌̌ͦ͒͐͢ͅh̛̼̞͙̬̳̦̲̱ͬ̓ͭͅe̘͍̣͖̩ͤͤ̐̃i̹͈̺͙͈̇̐͆ͧ̓ͫ̑̕͜͞s̶̪̣̫̫̿̈̋͟
̓ͪ͏̡͓̖̦̥̝̩ ̣̤̅͛̆̈̏͌͌̀̚̚ ̸͛͐̓̌ͮ̌҉̜̥̠͕̮͉͎̥͇w̵͙͚̝̲̅ͣ͌̿ͬ̕h̼̮͍̲͉̠͂͊̀̍ͧ̚͘o̺̪̟̐̒ͪ͌͠d̈́͊̏͌̎ͪ̇͏̷̡̠͙͉̣͍o̩̻̗̖̳̦͍̝̊ͤ̃̏͑̕e̠̖̥͓̰ͭͦ̃s̲͍̺̦̱̮̜̗ͨͥͭ̉͘͝t̠̩́ͭͬ̍̍ͮ͜h̖̥̩͔̥̳͙͇ͦͫ̐̊͜a̵̠̭̹͌͋̑̈́̌̾̅̄̚t̩̦͎ͬ̊̀ͬ͆ͧ͛̅ͦ͟b̤̙̦̋ͣͯ͌̑̋͂ͮͬį̧̨͎͉͈̞̠̺ͯͦͣ̌̓̀̓̍ͅţ̵͓̳͓̱̤̤͓̣̓̈́̽̈ͤ̐͡c̟̳̣̖̝̈ͫ̅͆̄̚͡͡ẖ̸̨̠͉͔̼͈̞̖͕ͭ̏̆̌̀t̻̝͇̺͎̿̔ͨ̋̊ͧͭ͗h̡̙̜͍͎̹̮̫͖̥̅ͮ̎̊̈͂ḭ̢̨̮̝͍́ͅͅͅñ̸̈ͭ̔̏̔͏͓̪̣̱͚̜̗ͅk̵̢͉̤̮̪̍ͫͅs͇̭͍̲͎ͦͩͯ͂͂͜h̩̙̪͔̦͎̄̋ͬ͐̒͆ͅe͋̓̏͛ͬ̐͢ͅi̪͖̻̖ͭ̃͐̃̎̐͒͠͠ͅs̛̜͙̘̖̃ͬ̽̑̃ͦͥ
̣̜̪̙͋͌̽ͫ̚ ̠͉̜̤ͧ̆͜͢͡W̴͛̊͆̐̉̕͏̗͇͍̝ ͇̹͉̻̬̙͊̈Ḫ̴̨̦̤͙̭̘̑̌̓͌͂͘ ͎̮͖͓̹̩͕͒ͨͥ͝ ̟̻̻͔̮̠ͨͩ͋ͨͮ͛̓͟͟ ̨͉̫̩͆̔ͮ͜ ̷̞͎̘̼̹̺̗͈̝́̾̔̏̍̈̃ ͉̠͎̮̟͐̆̈́̍ͥ ̠̬̲̄ͬͣ͆̊ͬ͗ ̨̹̼̈́͛ͤ͐̂̊̒͋ ̧̼͍ͭͣͨ̿̆̚ ̨͙͉̖͕͖͕̭͛̋ͭ̓̽̽ͮ͆ ̠̞̲̯̭̥̏̽̇ͭͨ̌ ̼̘͉̖̺̗͎͂͗́ͬͨ̽̎̚ ̵ͫͥ͗ͨ̍̿̒̌ͅ ͖̥̼͙̭͖̼͖ͥ̌̋ ̨̞͍̥̒͜ ̹͇̦̺̣̘̦͎̀́̍̃͌̄ ̛̰̻͕̻̤̝̳͇͚̑͗͆ ͯ̄̾ͦ̑͏͏̰̙̻ ͚͊̐ͮ̊́͟ ̸̖̙̻ͤ̾̄̅͆̈́͐̋ͫO̢̝̳ͭͤͣ͑́ͨ̐ͧ ̸̥̘̲̱͈̅ͮ͌Ë̫̭̳́ͮ̉̈͗ͨ̋͋́͠
̡̲͉̯ͪ͒͛́̽̔́ ̸͚̯̞͍͎͋̓̐̂͑ͣ͛͘ ̵ͪ̋͊͊̇ͫ̎ͅ ̧̛̱͙͇̥̱̻̮̘̀͢ ̵̧̡̞͔̲̯͌͆̂̆̎͆̊ͅ ̄͑̅̔҉̗̖̲̲̣̺̬̕ ̖͍̩ͥͬͥ̂̀ͪͯ̑͛͘͟͞ ̭͖̫̫̪̘̫̞̱ͩ̄̐ͬ̀ ̨͓̘̝̀͌̏̂͋͌͌ ̯͚̰̘ͤ̂́̀̇͊́̚ ̡͍̮̣̥̜̩̐̓ͧ͋̃̾͑̑̒ ̦̞̱͙̓̎̀O͎̭̫̣̜͓͒̊̈͂ͭ̽͌͗́ ̵͇͙ͧ̿ ̸̨̮̙̬̼̊ͨ̉ ̶̩̪̺ͨ̑̃͆ͮ͋ͩ ̵͎̻̿͊ͭ͢ ̧̯͈̣͈̙̥̥͐͐͐ ̰̳̻͕͉̖̈́̂̂͘͝ ̶̯͚̘̟̜͍ͮ͂͊̏̌̐̀͠ ̡͕ͮ̇ͧ͋ ̙̤͚̩ͨ̈́ ̴̝̣̽Ḑ̙͚̰͈̲͗͋̓͊͐͂́ ̧͚̹̝ͮ͛͋͛̌ͬ̇ͬͅ ̶̧̛̠̬̥̓̓ ̴̝̯̠ͫ̏̂͒ͯ̐͛ ̵ͤͫ̂̓̋̇͒҉̙̘̻̪̳ ̖͇̻̺̘͕͛ͣ̂̏̇͐ͧ̏͟ͅͅ ̩̖̝̊́ͦ̽ͪ́́͡ ͮ̇̉ͫ̂ͦ̄ͭ҉͎̭̜̻̝̮̻̀ ̦͙̖̝̗̙͕̱ͫ̄ͦ͗ͫ ̸̡̥̻̙͉͍̰̬̌͗ͭͪͥ͝ͅ ̴̷̙̞̘̠̙̟̣̹͎̃̎̉S̵̛̰̀̀ ̯̦̙̞͌̐̇̅͢ ́̅̿ͤ̒҉̵̛̺͍̬̦̰͖̖ ̜͇͍̘͗̅͟ ̧̛͓̣̖̋̀ͨ̄͊̈ͪͅ ̟̖͓͓͈̽̌̽̑̈̒ͫͬ͠ ̶̳̗͈̳̳̬͇̝͌͜ ̡̲̭̟̘̫̖̑͆ͯ́ͣ̔̏Ṫ̗̜̰͙̺̣̼͖͋ ̦͉̟̓ͭ͛ͦ̈́H̲̮̲̤̘͖̜͔̍̍ͪ ̵͉̾̓ͣͥ͌̍A͔͙͖̜̮̳ͬ̊ͨͨͭͨ̏̕ ̩̻̯͔̭̝̆̑̀́̂̈ͦͧT̴̟̟͔̩̼̻͓͓̎ͥ ̢̗̹ͧ̈ͪ̌ͧͣ̃́ ̶̥͔͚̣͕͇ͩ͂
̶̘̝̼̪̖̰̓̋ͣͤ̉ͤͭ͢ͅ ̻͈̝͖̠͙ͧ͋́͑͒ͤ͢ ̡̨̰̠̬̜̻͚̀́̉̈́ͧ̾̚̚ͅ ̲͚͍̙̤̱̲͈̾ͪ̉̾͟ ̠̩̯͖̜͚͓͉̓̑̅͟͠ ̛̳̣̝̼̣ͥ̀̋ͯ͐͐͢ ̠͛͛̓ͧ́͊͒ͨ̍́ ̨̪̗͌͌͆̈ͯ̂ͫ̔͟ ͖̩̥̣̤̞̻̩̿̂̅ ͑̾ͫ͌̽͏̯͚̲ͅ ̆̌҉͖̱͘ ̧̥̜̺̙͔͚͇͍͔̓̅ͮͯ͆̚ ̨͍̹̗̙̬͖͚͗͑͛ͩ̈̆̓͂̇́ ̠̫̗̦̦͔ͣͣ̏́̿̅͐ ͓͓͙̺̣̗̠̹͙͑̔ͭ̓̽́̌́͡ ̔̍̐̾ͮͬ͂ͧ͏͈̲̱͈͟ ͓͖̋ͪ̔̑̐ ͙̹͗̏̆ ̙͕̲̰͙̜̙̦̠ͤ́̐ ̬̲̜̙͛͆ͣ̀͝ ̸͇̥̪̥̟̂̌ͦ̆̿͛ͤ̉ ̼͎̙̩͕͖̍ͤͮͬ́̏̅ ̫̜͓͙̥̫̱̯͌ͣ͒̇̊́̇ͯ̓͠ ̎̀͏͚̲̮̟̘̦̟B̶̼͇̫̮͇͖͇̯̊̈́͆́ͩͥ͜ͅ ̶̴̺̝̖̯̪͎̗̒̿͂͌̎̀ͬ͢ͅI̸̸̡̯͖͉͇͊̓̔ͯ͛ͫ̿ͧ ̴͔͚̞͊ͦ̃̚͡T̵̹̩̫̜̦̹̩͗̒̏̿͠ ͔̮̖̝͂ͤ̾̉͑̑̔͘C̖̬̰̫̅ͥ̌̓̀͞ ̦͓̠̣ͧͦͨ̏ͬͣ͘H̸̸̨̯̹̹̬̝͎̹̍ͪ͑̓̈́͑
̨͍̤͓̦̣̞͛͊ͦ̀̋ͪ̈͋̕ ̧̜̺͓͚͖̅͛̐͆̕T̬͇̼͕͇̥ͮ̆̓͂ͦ ̳̺̊̌ͮ̎͒̚͠H̻̫̼̣̎ͥ̿ͨ̂̓ͦ͟͡ ̴̢͎̗̞͍͚̦̃̓Ị̢̘̰̭͇͑̏̆̕ ̼̒̐͐̿̌̍ͬ̕͞N̜̦̜̾̊́͋͂ͧ ̗̝̙͕̩͕̪͓̱̅͆̎̂ͮͩ̓́̚K̢̢̺͍̳̦̼̱̒̇͛ͪ͒͐́ ̢̨̺̗͍̤̅ͯͬ͡ͅ ͎̯̙̯͓̖̍͆̅ ̹̭̭͉ͫ̀ ͌̈ͫ̓̈́ͣ͢҉͉̺͖̰̰̱̩ ̢̛̩͉͇̃̾̂͌̔ ̥̪͎̟̾̃ͮ͝ ̧̱̰͎͎͋ͦ̿ͧ̑ͩ͡ ͓͍̰̞̳̈́͆̕ ̯̫͚̱̊̂ͪ̈́̀̏ͬͭ̐͘͝ ͈̰̹̺̱ͦ̀͆̋͡ ̛͉̼̖̲̮̺̞͕̋̍ͬ͞ ̢͈̩ͣ̚͝Ș̵̮͍̥̖̙̳ͬH͎͍̜̻͙̤̻̑̅̓͌Ē̙̝̙̠͋͑̒ͪ͂ͤ͛̅͝ ̸̱͕͔͆͛̂̀̉̂ͭ̓̕͜ ̨̢̧̝̞̫͆̑̒ͣ̊̓ͦ̂͛ ̡͈̰̦͙̈̅͡ ̷̗̹͚̙̞ͥ͌͊̿ ̡͈͋ͨ͞ ͣ͗͊҉̟̻͖̱͎̺͜ ̷̖͎ͪ̌ ̭̻̩̫ͭ̾̾̿̀̕͡ ̑ͯ͂̈́͏҉̵͔̻̳ ̞̤ͧ̔̏̾ͤ̂͠I̲͕̠̣͇̐̿̏̓͘͠Sͦͯͦ͋ͦ̿͑̄̍҉̩̬͠?̳͚͚͕ͩ̐̓?̦̜̲̯̰̗̺̻͊͊͘?̸̧̨͕̯̦̳̙̜͈̓̐͑͒̇ͮ̔̅?̨͙̜̲̬̝̜̈́̑͛̑ͨ͛̃ͅ?̥͉͙̮́ͭ?͚̲̣̟̟͖ͣͣͤͅͅͅ?̷͍̞̘͚̓̒ͩ̐ͤ?̸̺̐̊̉̿ͩ?̷̹̺̻͚̙̙͈ͧ́͊̐ͤ̕
̯̰͙̙̏͊ͧ
̵̨͍̟̻͇̾ǫ̯̹̈͐ͤ͘ͅĺ̸̖̝̱̣̲̯̝͘d̵͓͙͈̀ͣ̐h̶͖̙̝̬̩̫̖͓̓ͫ͜͠a̞͔̎ͭ̿̿ͣ̏̒g̴͓̞̖͔̼͚̥̩̗ͩ͐ͩͣͩ̏͘o͆͐̄̎͝͏͉ͅl̨̛͙̗ͬ̆̆ͮͤͮͬd̷̪͗͒̑̈́͂̄̐̐h̵̤̲̹̖ͯ̓̓̎ͧ̏͗͠͡a̰̬̫͒̅̿̽͟͡g͎̲̳̦̟̤̰̪ͧ̿̊̃ͦ̚h̳̰͍̺̯̜͕̣̑̂̂̉ͮ͆͜ȧ̢̨̫̦͔̰ͧ̃͌ͥ̉̚h̷̩̐a̼̣̣͚̳͒͒ͩ́́̚h̴̖̼̯ͦͬ͛ḁ̵̖̳̯̜̦̘̄̉ͮ͑ͦͣ͐hͯ͒ͣ͗̋̂ͤ͏̛̳͞å̯̟̖̜̲̣ͨͤ̾̉͛̓̒͜g̨͈̊̓͊̆͐̋ͦö̴̰̟͍̲̙́̌̈́̒̇̈́ͅͅͅi͙̟̖̰̞̝̼̾͊ͭ͗̆̅̕͜ͅñ̖̮̲̙̟̏͑̾ͨ̀̽g̼͕̋̒̄̏t̶̜̖̤͇̘͒̔ͭ̓ͦ̆̀ó̵̲̞͚̤͖̱̘͈m̡̧̛̹̙͖̋̓͐ͩͅa̔̐͏̳͜k͕̥͎̦̝̫̼̩̊͂̃̄̍͑͋ȩ̨͈͙̙̻̝̤̳̰̎͆͌̌̽̂̌̍̎ḣ̷̠͕̩̮̯̺ͥ́̎ͫ̆̔̃̏ͅē͇̙͖͈̲͍̠̠ͪ̉̓̃́̏͟͡r͍̣̲̱̾̈̂p̶̯͈͚̼̯̹̝̰͂͐̀͂́ą̹͚͓͖͍̖͙̦̑̽̓ͪ̎́y̶͍͍͔̯̪̹̣̿ͫ̈͞
̧̞͙ͦͦͫ͑̃̏
̸̢̩̪̏ͣ̂w̸͙̠ͩ̄̈́͐̍͆e̪͍̝̣̠̣̯͇̙͋̏̍ͬͪͩ̔́'̴̦̙̊͟rͩͤ́́͆̓̉ͯ҉̢҉͇̣͎̫ͅe̸̵̛̖̎̑͌̊͊̌̇ ̝͙͉̩̻ͮͫ̑g̡̬͖̳̮̭̝̺̹͒ͥͮ̑ͤ̓̕o̧͖̟̯̦̣̼̦̓̿͑ͣįͮͩͭ̊҉̶̮̦̱̦ń̻̦̜̗̝̐̈́́̚ͅg̜̘͖̪͓͌̒ͪ̋̌͟͡ ͈̦͈̲̪̗̤̳̺̍̽͗͞͝t̢͕̳̣͖͔̱͉̟̓̄̆̓ͦͪͨ̓͝o̧͉̜̟͓̔̋ͦ́̚ ̶̼ͤͬͬ́ͭͪ̇d̒ͯ͏̦͔̲͈̩̪o̜̻ͨ͒̎̂͗ͨ̚ ̵̨̝̣̞̅̌̑̊̕ȋ̵̦̹ͧ͑̔͠t͇̳̥͎͓̂ͬ͋̋̽̏͆ͩͅ,̹̝̖̦̿ͭ̋ͨ ̧̯͔͚͆̈͑y͙̼͎͕͓̥̝͔̎̆̾͊͆ͅǫ̷̹̳͉̠̰͊̀ͨ̓̈ͣ̍ủ͏̟̮̝ ̭͖̾̂ͨ̓͊̾̋ͮ͡a̼̙̲̭̳͓̤̦̠̍ͨ̃̋͢ṋ̠͇͇̖̱̭̮͋̏ͫͥ̂͊ͯ̽͞͞dͭ̑̌͆̐̀͞͏̬̘̜̼̲͎ ̸̝ͣ͋̍̍̕i̵̡̜͔̼̯̰̲͗̑ͦͨ̍̈̚
̠͙͓͉̤̗̤̌̚͠͠
̷̗̲̝̩͖͖͍͇̔͒ͤ̂a̵ͧ͒҉̰̻̖̱ͅr̩̜͎̰̪̉̂͊̓͆ͩe͕̣̺̙ͭ̍͟͢͝n͙̪̺̭̹̓͢͝'̶̵̫̥̊t̥̭̓̽̿̂ͫ̆̓͋̕ ̸̞͚̼̍ͯͮ̽̇̉́̒͟͞w̶̘͎̦̼̳̭̺ͤ̽͛̈́ͣͣ͑e̡̘̱͛̓ͨ̃͘

i̅ͫ̒́͟f̝̒ͧ̓͗́̈́̀ ̰͎͓͚͓̝̉ͩt̯̞̱̭͚̖̮̀͟ḫ̹͉͚̤͚̄ẹ̡͍̻̪͕̼r̵̮͍̯̠͚̱͇ͫͤͦ̇̒͂͂ȇ̈ͥͩ͂̿҉̳̟̭ ͈̻̼̊͆ͥͯ̽̓ͨw͖͚̗̳̝͌͆̑ͦ͌̚ḛ̭̺̞̘̈̇ͅr̩͎͕̋́ͅe͍̦͚͍͍̳̺̔͆ͦ͆ ̣̼̱̗̦ͤ̏̾̈ͭͫ̕a̵̖͇̐̽͐̈ͫͤn͚̫ͬ̈́̏ͮ̑y͉̤͉͍͈̬̟o̮͖̙̦n̝̹̹̅̔̚e҉ ̪̜̙̞̮͗̐̇̓ͧͭw̢ͫͧ͂̀̀̈̈́h͓ͤ̃̿͑ͤͨ̌͢o͖̣͖̣ͥͪ̓ͦ̒̚̚͘ ̦̠̤c̗̭͚̥̀͒ͥ͞o̭̩͋̈ͩ̊̏ͧͅu̴̝͖̗̘͎̙͋ͫ͛̍ľ̒̒͌҉̥̬̟̜d͍̼͓̤̲̲͍ͦ́͐́̚ ̵̍e̞̳̫͉v̜̩̿̈́͊̃͊͢e̛̱͉͖͋ͥ̅r̽ͩ͏ ͍͉̬̤͕͔ͦ͜h̛̘͐ͯͫ̒e̪̥̥͍͑ͥͬl͔̱̹̻̗̔͐̐̀̿p͈ͯ ͚̦̯͈ͭ̃ͧy͈̗̮͎͈ͧ̓ͅͅŏ̮̮͆ͮ̾ͭͣ̚͝û̺̟̲̖͈̑̇ ̭̦̻̆̒̈͢
̭̭̮̼͓̫ͦ ̧̗̺́͑͑ͫ̾ ̘͔̰̺͍̉̈̊̂ͨ̾ ̟̙͚͎̤͔̦̑̈́̒͌ ͩ̓̎̏̚͏̬̪̹̝̲ ͉͖͓͙̙̻̉̕ ̴͙̮͍̝̿ͫͪ͗͋̆ ̴͍͓̘̘̱ ̦̘̮͇̝̣̔̾͝ ͍̭͓̬̣ͥͧͅ ͞t̓͂̈́͏o̡ͥͬ͊͐̾ ̺̣͈͔̞̖͘ͅd̲̩̗̘̠ͅͅo͙̿ͧ̚ ́̉̄͠"̢̗̮̟̲̺͎̣ͧs̫͕͋̃͛ͬ͌ͭ͗̀ŏ̴̝̳̽̈́ͫ̎ͣ͛m̴̬̲̹͖ͯ͛ͬ̓e͖͔̜̿̈́̿̒̾͑̒t͂̐̎̃́̂ͦ҉̱h͕ͥ̀̉ͪì̵̞̻̦͚̜̣̜̾̓̑̍̄n̥̠̞̪̦͊ͨg̅͒̆"̝̔̂̈ ͈̹̈͑ͯ̽ͮ̐a̧̠̋ͧb͇͈͍͍͍͚͓̊̅̃ȏ̤̙̪ͭ͐u͚̫͔̪̭̇͌̔ͥ̿ͯt̸̬̟̼̩ ͦ̈́̅̍͛"̴̝̟̮͙̤̬͙̈͗̓i̟̅̆ͣť̬̩͉̒͑̽"͍̹̗̈̏ ̣͚̩̯̺͚̘ͬt̹̟̥̰̜̄͒̐ͯ͌͗͜h̹͈̭̲̹̖̟ͥ͒͆͑ͫ͐ͩe̥̣̘̬̽ͪ͑ͫ̎ṇ̵͈͉͕͌ ͔͚̭̿ͩ̎̔̾̈́̍ͅs̝̖͚̻ͩͮ͑ͦ̿u͕̗̘̻̱̦ͦ͗r̺͂̉e̫̽͊̓͠l̍ͣ̏҉̘̦̩̘̖͚̜y̳̲̼̠ ̶̘̞̩̬ͩ̎̄̀ï̬̲̀̓͂͒͂ͅtͫ̀ ̯̗̤͍͊̚w̜̫̮̗ởuͪͬ͂ͭ̓l̷̮͇̟̯̯̻ͫͧ̆ͦ̏̓d̵̮̭͊ ̢̦̮̬̪̹ͩͪͯ̓͋ͤb̭͓͇͇ͭ̂e̘͙̘ͅ ̷͔͉̠̲̮͉͗̂̄̈̾̓m̧̖͔̼͎ͧͅe̫̟͍̩̗͍͋ͣ͡
ͧͫ̾͗̔͗
̳̪̱̗͆͊̆h̩̄̀̌̎͌̃͞ō̹̙̖͕͎̊͂͆̈͋w̘̱̉ͩ ̜͓̈͒ͮ̔f̲̱̦̯̲͖ͬ͘o̠̺͘ͅr̦͉̀͂͢t͍̥̭̥̺ͧu̫̯̺̓̅̐̇͂n̩̩ͣ̕a̎̄̔̃t̓ͫͦ̄ͥͫ͟ë̹̝͉̟̲̱́ͩ͗ͫ͌ͩ͒ ̉̌͋ͥͦf̜̹͈̫ȯ̭̀ͣͧr̡͔̮ͤ͋̿̏ͅ ̧̬͔͚̝ͥ͑́ͦ̓̐y̠̮͈̍͋̂̀o̝̲̰͇̥̫ū̷̜̗̰̥̱̯̼́ͨ́ͭ ̼͚̼͍̞̲͉̐̄͒̂ͬ̚
̲̱̽̂͐
̐ͤ͐͋ͨ͋i̖̝̼̞̯ͩ̂ͭ͟ ̬̗͕̬̱͕̼̾̕ā̬ͦ͆̕m̭̩͔̬͈ͬͭ̏̐͗̈ ̈ͪͨ̑̽͢s͊͊̾̽͝o̸͕̭̰̊̿̋͆̚ ̟̭̒ͣ̏̈ͣg̳͓̬̪̱̃̿ͣ̈́ͮe̽́͋͆͢n̞͔̪ͯ̐̋ë̫͑͛̾̎ͅr̩͆́o̘u̥͙͖͔͓͍̙͆ͮͥͪ͑̌s̡ͧ̑͆̓͊͆͗

The voice reverberates around in her skull, knocking something loose in her vision until she can focus on the discordant thing before her. She is staring at a reflection of her true self, dormant on the other side. She needs only to reach out and embrace it. After a final moment of hesitation, she leans forward into the darkness and is consumed.

A crack of light forms in the swirling black mass of shadow, a single eye peering wildly through the dark. All at once, the shadows seems to pull themselves inwards towards her eye, shadows wrapping themselves around her body as they go, transforming into tight leather combat armor; as the shadows dance away from her skin, she is left rosier in tone, with a complexion and features much closer to her own, though clearly a girl a few years older than she. With a final whooshing sound, the last of the shadows is sucked into her eye with a faint popping noise, forming a plug over the hole in the shape of a heart eye patch.

In-Game Message posted:

Memento-Mori has Descended to Obtain New Power

Her "Wizard" class tag flickers back and forth for a minute before settling on "Warlock"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Oct 19, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Wednesday - ???

Takeo's words were a lot to take in, and Akio could feel a swarm of questions buzz around in his head as he listened in silence, but he could tell they were quickly running out of time to talk. If only Takeo's memory hadn't been so cloudy, he needed to know the details! Who said what and when? What kind of trouble did the newbie get into? Would everyone in ORDER walk over the dead to claim the prize? He couldn't reconcile it with his own experiences with some of them...

"I don't understand..." Looking down at the ground, Akio frowns and shakes his head slowly. "You said your split with ORDER wasn't caused by bad blood, that you got along with them before you fell out of the clique, but... You're dead!" he cries out and lifts his head. "You were killed by Bishop! ...I need to know why. Was it really just because you raided Royal's mindscape, or was there something more to it? Why did you willingly go meet with him all alone the day you died?"

"Nice to see you, Shikome," Ambrose gives her a friendly nod and has her help him replace his support persona. With Seiryu gone he only really had one option, the one he'd been reluctant to use. Lemuria, Serpent of Ocean's Currents. The support persona Charlotte had used in Etemenanki. Was he ready to be compared with her? She was so far beyond him, he didn't want to appear to be a copy-cat. But what other choice did he have? As he's agonizing about the decision he notices the shadows shifting in the corner of his eyes.

"Mori! What's happening?" He dashes over to her as the shadows engulf her. He tries to get closer, but the shadows were too dark, too deep, too... unknown. Like the uncharted depths of the fathomless ocean. He can only stand and wait as her transformation happens. As soon as she emerges he's by her side, holding her arms and gaping as he takes in her new look. "Wow, what... Are you okay?" He looks up into her... eye. "Warlock?" he adds as he notices her new tag.

Swapping in the ol' wet noodle persona.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi pulls open her [E]quipment screen and [ I ]nspects Sunbright's new armor, smiling and typing out to the party,

quote:

[Party] [Sunbright] thanks guys!
[Party] [Sunbright] this is great!

She pauses for a moment before continuing,

quote:

[Party] [Sunbright] well headcount worked exactly as she planned, huh?
[Party] [Sunbright] i guess its to be expected from an inner circle order member

She takes a step back and stares at Noriko's avatar as it undergoes a radical change,

quote:

[Party] [Sunbright] mori!
[Party] [Sunbright] warlock?!?
[Party] [Sunbright] i hope this is just ingame and you didn't /actually/ make a deal with anything...

She then eagerly types out,

quote:

[Party] [Sunbright] akio, now that youve got your new persona set
[Party] [Sunbright] we should check that computer out before we leave!
[Party] [Sunbright] it might have some important info on it!

Morgue

Itsumi listens silently as Takeo speaks, carefully considering every word. She finally responds after he's done, "You wanted to buy a ring?? For Yuki??? That's so sweet..." she trials off, hanging her head, "...and so sad. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I promise you, this won't have happened in vain! We will bring your killer to justice." She pauses for a moment before taking a more subdued tone, "Is... is there anything you would like me to tell Yuki for you?" (<- since we were told this does not count as a question)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 19, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Noriko feels a jolt as she rezzes back into the game world, sending a shiver up her spine. What did I just do...? What... was that...??? She feels deeply confused, only dimly aware of what had just happened. The sensation was like waking suddenly from an intense dream, and already she had trouble recalling the specifics. Nyalarthotep. The name slithered through her recollection intensely, though she could not remember what she agreed to or even why. In a daze, she looks around the Velvet room, to the others, to her armor, and then through her power list.

Turning to Ambrose, Memento-Mori grabs him by the collar and kisses him rather roughly. VR PDA in the middle of a dungeon! How brazen!

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: ...this is for the best
Memento-Mori: i'll never be Isabelle... but i can be something else. something stronger.
Memento-Mori: i'm okay. e̷v҉e͘r̡yt̢ḩi̢n̨g͏'s f̖̥i̳̼n͎̜̫̙̠̯͓e̫͙̬̠̜.͔̗̦

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo crosses he-I mean, his arms while looking at the footage of Isabelle, an annoyed mark emote appearing over his head.

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: Gah! To think we were dancing on her palm during that fight.
Flagelo: It makes me wonder though, how they could mess up with Headcount's status display like that.
Flagelo: If they are hacking that could get them booted out of DDW >:)
Flagelo: Then again, evidence from a mindscape raid >_>

He looks at Mori's new avatar, and is even more annoyed! How can she get a cool new avatar when she got gender swapped? And well, the circumstances behind her class change... Well, those were before this. She starts examining the screen to see if there are other videos.

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: Maybe there's more intel about the Auction House we can find... Right?

Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo scratches her head and tries to find some words. "I guess this is ending, huh, Takamura-San. We should have asked how it is on the other side, I guess. I mean, I guess it's probably fun where you are going. Well, I hope so. Icchan is right, though, we are dead set on picking on whoever did that to you, and to stop the Devil and the Game before more people get hurt." She gives a bow to Takeo and waits...

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Ambrose <the Black Blade> // The House of Fortune - Heist

"Mmph!" Ambrose's eyes open wide in surprise as Memento-Mori pulls him in and kisses him, but just a few rapid heartbeats later he passionately returns the favor, putting his arms around her and holding her tightly as he vigorously kisses her with his eyes shut. If Akio would normally feel embarrassed doing something like this in public, even if it was just in VR, after all that had happened today he didn't care, all he wanted to do was to lose himself in a moment like this.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wednesday, May 20th
Music

: Takeo cups his hands together and looks away, his eternal grin becoming tight lipped as he speaks with a hint of regret: "Yeah. I guess it didn't go so well. You gotta take my words for this stuff.. I don't remember specifics so good.. just the feelings I clung to so hard." He looks up and smirks. "I went to see Bishop because most importantly: I won't give up on somebody making a bad call. There are lines.. you can't cross without goin' too bad. But until then.. hell, even a bit after then, you owe it to them if you really care to try and change 'em."

"I went back there and I raided Royal's because I had to send a message. There was someone.. I think.. that newbie in trouble.. I had to tell them I was ready to stand by 'em. Or maybe it was Bishop himself.. part of that tight clique, trying to vacuum up all the power in the game. The video game, that freaky occult poo poo that just started, they're the same." He sits up and gets up, slamming a fist to a palm! "I think you must've saw what happened or heard about it? I wasn't gonna die in the MMO. I remember the sense a'.. wonder, and a bit of bein' impressed the first few times I ran something of Bishop's. Kinda creativity and dedication they say you should burn in your career, heh. But hey, I got used to it, his precision. Thing about perfect machines that run the same way every time is they're dependable 'til they're predictable. I went to take him down and it was goin' pretty well... until somebody pulled off my goggles."

"All I remember from then is the feeling I'd been outdone. Here I was tryin' to rally you guys and step up as a new group and I guess I'd gone too far. I remember..." He squints and rubs his chin. "Overwhelming power. I was fried by magic." He chuckles. "I remember malice before I left.. in-game. I got some nasty letters." He holds the thoughtful stance for a bit then laughs. "That's it. I guess I just tried to do the right thing and stepped on somebody's toes!"

Takeo peers over to Itsumi and gawks a second, caught off guard by the request. "Yuki.. hmm.." He puts on an air of thoughtfulness. "Tell her.. we always got the time we had together and I'm stayin' busy here." He flashes a big thumbs up. "She's gotta stay busy too." He strides over and pats Itsumi on the shoulder. "Got that? Good!"

Your surroundings melt away as though mist dissolving, the heat of the real world evaporating everything rapidly. Takeo gives everybody a self-assured single wave. The tile of the Morgue shifts back into view and Yuki's coffin dissolves, your group left standing around Takeo's body. It is under the sheet again, laying still and dignified, never touched in the first place. Yuki peers over to you all expectantly, looking a bit anxious... but there's no sign she has waited long.

: "Uhm.. did... did it work?" She tenses her hands, fingers laced together in an unconscious gesture of prayer.

---

House of Fortune
Music

: "W-well, she's the world's best controller. It kinda goes that she'd use a bunch of puzzles and smart bits to throw back anyone with power. Don't feel too bad! I heard that she actually got her start in PvP. Switched over when people stopped fighting her. Won every time or something?" Redd muses over party chat as your group checks Isabelle's shared files.

quote:

: "To account for Headcount's considerable boosts, an equivalent number of flaws must exist. Several of these are designed to ameliorate their drawbacks within the system itself. Force damage is rarely resisted, ignores the defensive benefits of becoming insubstantial in most cases, and is rarely resisted by only the most archaic Personas of the least popular Arcana. Although Headcount is simple-minded and his AI is almost purely mechanical, creating the most efficient loops removes possibilities of exploiting. Finally, significant weights are adjusted to allow for unusual benefits in exchange for unusual player interactions. Consider it an underlying philosophy of game design: no matter how challenging an obstacle, a path forward must exist. So long as Headcount can be defeated, he can be created and legally assigned in-game."

Text in Isabelle's own voice further chronicling the design of Headcount. Seems to be saved to be shared with others... Akio could only assume Braxienne, though the others might figure the rest of ORDER are aware of their golden goose's guard dog. A sheet accounting for ridiculous amounts of "fata morgana" currency donated by Royal, Charlotte, Thaddeus, Isabelle and Bishop explains the sheer power that could be baked into the guardian. Bishop is the largest donator by 3:1!

At the end of the design document you witness a curious pair of notes: Isabelle's Office was designed as a "for fun" activity.. and Headcount is the only monster accounted for in the entire House of Fortune! The "Level 27" Golems outside her Office were simple illusionary traps.

: "Nyoohohoohoo heh-hey. When do the rest of us mighty heroes get summa that treatment?" Good ol' Weasel lets out a low whistle as Akio and Noriko have a quick pash.

---

Meanwhile...
Music

: "That's one dilly of a pickle, little missy." Bobbins is still sitting with Braxienne sitting on his knee. He takes a moment to pat her on the head as she wrings her hands and whines.

: "Headcount was all we had! Now those bastards are gonna waltz in here and take all kinds-a treasure! You can't just put up a fancy place like this with this kinda access and not put anything in it! It won't do nuthin'!" In times of great duress an astounding Jersey accent overtakes this Japanese girl pretending to be a nutsy Goblin dame.

: "Don't be stupid, you silly little bitch!" Jubilette oozes around the two and flails her hands from side to side, bits of ooze flying about as she giggles. "We're here! We'll loving smash them!" She swirls around the room until she finds some of the inlaid metal circles and runic projectors that would be at home in Isabelle's Office. She slaps one and brings up a display screen. "You've got HOW much morgana in this place?! FUCKIN' GIMME SOME!"

: Bobbins rises, plucking Braxienne up in two fingers by the collar of her outfit and setting her on the table gently. "It's an expected folly. They defeated Brave Fenrir and must figure that the cat is out of the bag on ORDER winning future PVP engagements." He inhales deeply through his mouth before coughing a bit. Sliding thumbs into his belt, he draws up the hem of his waistband, belly and chest bulging. "We'll buy some time and see who we can call on to help. I know just the fellows to reinforce us." Plucking a very tiny Human-sized smart phone from his belt, Bobbins raises it gingerly to his full mouth and begins to politely chat. "Moshi-moshi? Zinger-desu?"

: Jubilette oozes over to the table and splashes over Braxienne, who burns the excess away with a touch of violet flame. "SEND ME IN COACH! Come on! BOSS ME UP!"

: "Hmpfffhhh. We got a special guest today too, I'll be busy with him next. You take care of things!" Braxienne skips off the table and takes up a seat at the projected screen, sliding her fingers expertly along the inlaid circles and making multiple loops of different constructions and directions, the metal and her fingertips igniting with magical power that bleeds across the floor and follows Jubilette as she slides out of the room...

---

House of Fortune
Music

Finalizing your Personas, radical spiritual epiphanies and any other Short Rest business you can think of, you depart the Velvet Room and head for the large Elevator. Unlike the single person levitation shafts this is an older model of fancy electrum-lined brass and fake gold inlay, a large segmented box built into a set of chains that will lower it.

: "All aboard! It'll be easy from here on! What're they gonna do, send a second Headcount after us?" Your cheeky friend saunters onto the elevator and leans against the button panel, waiting to press the solitary option. Once you're all aboard your destination Vault is selected and the ornamental doors slide shut with a heavy ka-clank, ratchet-et-et-et-et, hisssss, thrummmuud. Everything locks into place and the elevator descends.

---

Music

Considering that this is a video game and not a real physical space with a need for accounting where things actually are, you find that the elevator ride is taking considerably longer than you might like. There are openings in the ornate framework of the elevator box but they only allow a view of the extraordinarily long metal shaft you're in. Occasionally fresh air from vents is pumped in.

: "Shouldn't there be a load zone? ... Oh! Guys, something is happening! Heads up!"

One of the vents unleashes a belch of noxious, acrid gas and vomits black sludge into the elevator! You can hear things rumbling and banging around, metal straining as something moves through it and pushes the boundaries! Weasel lets out a loud "YEEE-HEEEIIIIKKEEES!!!" and draws his bow, holding an arrow Readied!

Grey Ooze: Deals 12 Acid Damage on entering square or starting turn in square. Can be targeted and has Defenses of 0/0/0/0

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 12, 2019

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

"...close." Memento-Mori takes a careful step back as the sludge lands beside her. "i don't like this..."

considering the Ooze as a threat, she slips a finger under here eyepatch and cracks it a hair, a flash of black tendrils and something else teeming within visible to the target only for a moment. She speaks a command that carries weight in the air:

pre:
𝖘𝖊𝖊
   𝖓𝖔
      𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑

(Memento-Mori is invisible to the Ooze until the start of my next turn)

Move: Shift to H10 (Crowley shift to F10)
Minor: Apply curse to Ooze
Standard: Eyebite vs Ooze
Eyebite vs Ooze (Will, Psychic): 1d20+25 44 1d6r2+17 22 3d6 4

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 111 (THP: 0)         AC:   34    Passive Insight: 24
Surges: 9/9 (V: 31)      For:  26    Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +15   	 Ref:  31    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 8                 Will: 34    Vision: Low-Light Vision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Abyssal (/w item)

At Will		    Encounter			    Daily		               
Eldritch Blast		[ ] Argent Rain			[ ] Deathly Conduit		
Eyebite			[ ] Witchfire			[ ] Storm Countess' Kiss
Hand of Blight		[ ] Lash of the Long Night	[ ] Curse of the Golden Mist
Misty Step		[ ] Hekiah's Trance
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Dark Reach of Spookydark
Call Familiar		[ ] Echoing Dirge
Prestidigitation
Magic Missile

Pact Boon		    Fortune - 3/3	    	    Fate - 3/3
[ ] Fey Pact		[ ] Eiagoan		        [ ] Crown of Madness		
[X] Sorcerer-King Pact	[ ] Reaper's Scythe             [ ] Domineering Gaze
			[ ] Screams of the Dead	        [ ] Form of Bat
			[ ] Summon Skeletons

Encounter Utility	                            Daily Utility                      
[ ] Second Wind	      		[ ] Shroud of Adeptus        [ ] Headband of Intellect
[ ] Fey Step		        [ ] Darkest Night	     [ ] Bracers of Escape
[ ] Beguiling Tongue            N/E Mini Khakkara Orb        [ ] Madeth's Magical Music
[ ] Familiar's Call             N/E Thought Eater Armor      [ ] Madeth's Charm Atk Bonus
[ ] Perfect Navigate Crowds     N/E Amulet of Resolution     [ ] Inescapable Consequence
[ ] Displacement     	 	[ ] Band of Venom	     [ ] Amulet of Seduction						
[ ] Monk's C. Casual Robes	[ ] Blood-Soaked Chanters
N/E Orb of Nimble Thought
[ ] Charm of Protection

Passives:

Support Persona Bonus: Immune: Physical Damage(Melee)
Support Persona Weakness: Radiant(x2), Lightning(+40%), Fire, Force

Crow Familiar (link)

Rank 2 Academics - *** [+2 Int/Wis skills]
Rank 3 Charm * - [+3 Dex/Cha skills]
Rank 3 Courage - [+3 Str/Con skills]

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

"Stay back!" The arcane wards around Ambrose shimmer into existence as he draws his blade and turns to face the sludge. "Redd, what are we dealing with here, is the elevator trapped?" He listens to the rumbling noises coming from the vents and looks around. "...Or do we have a visitor?"

Standard: Total Defense: +2 to all defenses USOMNT.

AC/Fort/Ref/Will: 41/30/38/34

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 132/134 (THP: 3)	AC:	39 	Passive Insight: 31
Surges: 11/13 (V: 37)	Fort:	28 	Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +12		Ref:	36 	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 7		Will:	32 	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Elven, Deep Speech	Fortune Points: 3/3
Resistances: Fire: 10, Cold: REFLECT
Weaknesses: Lighting(2x), Thunder(40%), Poison(40%)

Melee Basic Attack: 1d20+25; 1d8r2+14

At-Will			   Encounter		  Daily
Aegis of Shielding	   [ ]Fey Step		  [X]Vanishing Blade
Booming Blade		   [ ]Armathor's Step	  [ ]Swordmage Shielding Fire
Sword Burst		   [ ]Dimensional Slash   [ ]Reaper's Challenge
			   [ ]Argent Rain	  [ ]Impenetrable Warding
Encounter Interrupts	   [ ]Beguiling Strands   [X]Dragon Scales
[ ]Countering Thunderclap  [ ]Brawling Warrior	  Fate
[ ]Dimensional Vortex	   [ ]Insightful Riposte  [ ]Compact of Peace
[ ]Transposing Lunge	   [ ]Second Wind	  [ ]White Tiger Rage
			   [ ]Perfect Arcana      [ ]Rune of the Undeniable Dawn

Magic Items
[ ]Gauntlets of Zeal (Enc, Free): Lose up to 5 THP to deal extra Force/Radiant Damage.
[ ]Shogun's Kimono (Enc, Interrupt): -13 damage from attack against me and allies by marked enemy.
([ ]Band of Jade Venom (Daily, Free): Targets hit by a daily take 8 Ongoing Poison. Save DC 12.)
[ ]Black Death (Daily, Free): Target hit by this weapon is dazed UEONT.
[ ]Bladed Bolter Bandolier (Daily, Free): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.
[X]Cloak of Translocation +3 (Daily, Minor): Regain the use of a teleportation encounter power.
[ ]Eladrin Boots (Daily * Teleportation, Move): Teleport 10.
[ ]Guardian's Whistle (Daily, Move): Teleport ally within Close Burst 10 to an adjacent square.
[ ]Incisive Dagger +3 (Daily * Teleportation, Minor): Teleport 10.
[ ]True Eladrin Ring of Passage (Daily * Teleportation, Move): Teleport 8, does not require LOS.
3x Elixir of Owlcat's Features: Grants +4 Dexterity and +4 Wisdom for 1 Day.
2x Beginner's Mocha (Minor): Spend a Healing Surge. Gain 6 HP and +2 Defenses USONT.
1x Thread of Fate (Free): Gain BV THP or Succeed on Skill Check or Regain 1 Daily & max Fortune Points.

Passives
The Song, Weakness Bonus: gain 1/2 Surge Value as THP, stacking up to twice with existing THP.
Eladrin Will: +5 bonus to saving throws vs. charm effects.
War Wizard's Expertise: -5 penalty to hit allies with arcane attacks.
Cowboy's Hat: Aegis boosts my next attack +2 damage. Teleporting boosts Aegis +2.
Ring of Uncanny Judgement: Automatically know distance and direction to marked targets.
Swordshield Action: After spending an action point, gain +2 to all defenses UEOMNT.
Eladrin's Challenge: Penalty of my mark is -3.
Improved Silver Shield: Gain 14 THP when using Aegis of Shielding Interrupt.
Superior Will: Save vs. dazed or stunned at start of turn, even if not save ends.

Support Persona: Lemuria, Serpent of Ocean's Currents (World *****)
Absolute Zero +23 vs Fortitude. Range 8. Deals 4d10+8+7 Cold Damage that ignores Resistance, 
	supresses Cold Resistance/Immunity/Reflect and causes Weakness: Cold UEOMNT and Immobilizes USOMNT. (Costs 2 fp)
Absolute Force: +23 vs Reflex. Range 10. Deals 3d8+8+7 Force Damage and Push 4.
Mabufudyne: +23 vs Fortitude. Range 8, Area Burst 2. Deals 2d8+4+7 Cold and 2d8+4+7 Physical Damage to All Creatures.
Master of Currents (Passive): +3 Reflex. Ignore Push/Pull/Slide from Enemies.
Reflect: Cold
Weakness: Lighting(2x), Thunder(40%), Poison(40%)

Social Stats
Academics: Rank 3 [2/7]
Charm:     Rank 2 [4/5]
Courage:   Rank 2 [4/5]

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Wait, if Headcount was supposed to be the only guardian monster here... This must be a regular trap after all." Flagelo unsheathes his swords and enters a defensive position. "Or other people from ORDER wisened up and came here."

pre:
 Flagelo 
HP: 129/129 (0)	        AC:	31 (34)  	Passive Insight: 27
Surges: 7/9 (V: 36)     For:	32 (34)  	Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +16		Ref:	31 (33)	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	29 (31)	Fortune Points: 3/3
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Twin Strike            [ ] Second Wind           [ ] Second Wind
Careful Attack         [ ]Sohei Flurry           [x] Frenzied Skirmish 
Hunter's Quarry        [ ] Fox's Cunning         [ ] Attacks on the Run
Bancho's Pride         [ ] Disruptive Strike     [x] Blade Cascade 
                       [ ] Cross Body Parry      [ ] Root Gate
                       [ ] Armor Splinter        [ ] Howling Winds
                       [ ] Stone's Endurance
                       [ ] Perfect Sohei Parry
                       [ ] Weave Through the Fray

Fate
[ ] Storm Strike
[ ] Be Gone

Item
[ ] Sharpshooter (Day)
[ ] Mercurial Mind (Enc)
[ ] Great Tutor Armor (Day)
[ ] Torc of Power (Day)
[x] Belt of Lucky Strikes (Day)
[ ] Wildrunners (Day) 
[ ] Wolf's Fang (Enc)
[ ] Strikebacks (Enc)
[ ] Ring of Giants (Day) 
[ ] War Ring (Day)

Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
Wield One-Handed Weapons as off-hand
Give up 1 damage die from HQ to Slow UEOTN
CA vs Immobilized/Slowed
Hit Immobilized/Slow knocks prone
+2 attack with Light Blades, +4 if enemy grants CA
Draw weapon/item with same action to attack/use
+5 Damage, +1 attack to enemy that I'm closest to or alone
Gain CA against all enemies during first turn
If crit with main weapon can do MBA with off-hand
+1 to AC and Melee rolls if dual-wielding
+2 to AC and reflexes UEOTN if hit at least twice with attacks this turn
Action Point: Can do MBA with main and off-hand with WIS mod bonus damage

Item Passives
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Horned helmet: +1d6 damage when charging
Cloak: If bloodied can use two healing surges instead of one
Sharpshooter: +2 damage to lone enemy, Hit enemy gets -2 to ranged/area attack rolls UEOTN
Ring of Giants: +8 to crit damage
War Ring: +1d6 crit damage to jagged weapon, +1d8 to rapier
Bracers: +1d6 fire damage to melee
Jagged Rapier (Main Weapon): 19-20 Crit
Wolf's Fang: Brutal 2
Action Point: +2 all defenses UEOTN when using AP

Support Persona
Ravana (Devil) 
Maeigaon (+17 vs Will, Range 8, Burst 2, All Creatures, Deals 2d8+8 Necrotic Damage and -2 Fortitude)
Agidyne (+17 vs Reflex, Range 8, 1 Enemy, Deals 3d10+12 Fire Damage)
Demonic Decree (+17 vs Will, Range 5, Burst 1, Targets Enemies. Affected Enemies have -3 Attack/Damage(Save Ends))
Amplify Might(Passive): Adds +4 Damage to Melee/Ranged Weapon Powers and MBAs/RBAs
Ten Mantras(Utility, Daily): Forces a Result of 20 on a Skill Knowledge Check. Knowledge must be obtainable by Caster
Resist Acid 20, Resist Psychic 20
Immune: Necrotic
Weakness: Fire, Cold, Lightning, Radiant

Overseers

Felix: Execution(Passive): Attacks that reduce a target to 9 HP or less instead reduce them to 0 HP.
Ninjutsu(Daily): All PCs may Shift up to 6 Squares this turn. Movement lost if not used.

Ryuka: Blowhard(Passive): +4 to all Damage.
Greater Fireball(Daily): 1d20+19 vs Reflex in Ranged Burst 2(5x5), deals 4d6+11 Damage to Enemies

Redd: Hot-Blooded(Passive): Gain Fire and Cold Resist +10, adding to existing Resistances.
Hercules Swing(Daily): Starting at Range 3 from Any one Ally, make a 1d20+22 Attack vs Fortitude on one Enemy. 
On a Hit deal 3d10+18 Damage and Push 5. On a Miss deal Half Damage and make a Bull Rush (1d20+22) vs
 Fortitude with Push 1 on a Hit.

Rank 2 Academics **** [+2 Int/Wis Skills]
Rank 2 Charm **** [+2 Dex/Cha Skills]
Rank 3 Courage ***  [+3 +Str/Con Skills]

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Wednesday, May 20 - Police Station

Takashi returns Takeo's wave as the somewhere else bleeds back into the unassuming morgue, grimacing at the new information - at being set back another several steps. He almost misses Yuki's question in his frustration, but his manners are too good, his senses too finely honed.

"It worked, Yuki-san... it worked. Mori-chan's a better sorceress than she lets on," he decides in that moment to keep some things from her, "he had a short message for you. Takeo said you'll always have the time you spent together. He's keeping busy in the everafter and you have to keep living your life," he puts on his trademarked smile, trying to imitate the older boy's casual thumbs up.

"We have more information about his killer, but I think we'll all need some time to digest it... better to not talk about it," he glances around the room, "here, at the Station. Thank you for allowing us this chance, Yuki-san," Takashi bows low to her.

-----

/

House of Fortune - (#attakisback #thedrifter #lastresortandspa)

The lava pup returns to battle-sized, shaking the Black Fork loose from his harness before stomping it up into his maw. Spinning in a quick circle, he tosses it at the ooze... and even though his throw is awful, it still manages to connect before returning to his waiting jaws.

Ranged Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+24 25 - 0 is still 0 -- 1d8+14 20 damage

pre:
.attak    						 
HP : 117/128 (THP: 00)   Passive Insight    : 27    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 9/9 (V: 36)     Passive Perception : 32    1 Defend       35/33/31/30
Initiative : +14         Vision : Low-light         2 Fury         33/33/31/30
Speed : 10                                          3 Bloodied     +1/+1/+1/+3
Action Points : [0]      Fortune Points : [3/3]     Fate Points : [2/3]

At Will               
Jarring Smash               Stalk and Strike            Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura               Kord's Force                Strutting Bull

Encounter
[x] Brutal Slam             [ ] Curtain of Steel        [ ] Blood for Strength
[ ] Thri-Kreen Claws        [x] Takedown Strike         [ ] Screaming Hawk Strike
[ ] Stone Fist Flurry       [ ] Second Wind             [ ] Perfect Howl of the Alpha Wolf
[ ] Lunar Blessing

Daily
[x] Thunder Hooves Rage     [ ] Vengeful Storm Rage     [ ] Ancestral War Band Rage
[ ] Ignore Pain             [ ] Fearsome Presence       [ ] Hive Consciousness
[x] Inspire Fervor (Fate)   [ ] Mark of Victory (Fate)  [ ] Tactical Withdrawal (Fate)

Items::
[x] Grip of the Abyss (Daily, Free)
[ ] Red Prayer Beads (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Deadeye Watcher (Daily, Free)
[ ] Mask of the Guilty Corpse (Daily, Free)
[ ] Kord's Mighty Strength (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Ring of Strutting Bull (Daily, Free)

Passives:
Elemental  :  DR13 vs. Fire, DR3 vs. Cold, DR3 vs. Thunder
Defender   :  Aura 1, -2 to attack rolls that don't include me - +2 AC while active
Fury       :  Lose Defender Aura, gain +2d8 damage on at-wills
Stalker    :  +CA vs. isolated enemies, +2 damage vs. blooded targets, Reach 1 when wielding Gouge
Carnage    :  If any weapon damage die show a max result, deal 8 additional damage when wielding Gouge
Wolfhound  :  When Raging, allies within Aura 5 gain +2 damage on melee attacks
Nightmare  :  On AP, all enemies suffer -2 attack UEOMNT
Unyielding :  +1 AC/Fort/Reflex, +3 Will when Bloodied
Trained    :  Roll saves vs. Daze/Stun at start of turn, +3 to all saves
Heartless  :  +2 attacks/damage for 1 turn after using Second Wind
Armed      :  Once per turn, draw or stow as a free action
Leap       :  Always considered to have a running start, roll Athletics twice and use the better result
Nap        :  Gain benefits of extended rest after 4 hours

Persona:
Megalodon (Strength *****)
Colossal Bite (+18 vs Fort, Melee, Deals 3d8+8 Physical Damage to one Enemy. Add +4 to Attack/Damage if they are Bloodied and heal Str+Con Mod HP on successful hit)
Crashing Swell (+18 vs Fort, activate on Charge. All Creatures. Deals 1d6+6 Physical and 1d6+6 Cold in CB2, Pull 1, and creates CB2 of Difficult Terrain UEOMNT. Costs two Fortune Points)
Great Terror (+18 Fear, vs Will, CB1, Enemies Shift up to 4 Tiles Away from caster if it is possible for them to Move, then have -4 Attack on their next Turn)
Shark(Passive): Gain +2 Attack/Damage UEOMNT on Bloodying Enemy, once per Round. Grants Swim Speed equal to Move Speed and Underwater Breathing
Half Damage Taken: Fire, Cold, Lightning, Thunder (Apply Resists after Halving)
Weakness: Fire, Force, Psychic

Sword Emblem: +1 attack/damage (per target) UEONT when striking weakness.
Lunar Blessing: (Encounter, Free) Adds 1d6 Cold/Lightning to Next Attack

IRL:
IRL Stats
Rank 3 Academics   [15/17] [+3 Int/Wis Skills]
Rank 3 Charm       [10/17] [+3 Dex/Cha Skills]
Rank 3 Courage     [10/17] [+3 Str/Con Skills]

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - The Morgue

Back in the world of the living, Noriko feels relieved that Takashi took the initiative, if a little skeeved out at the opportunism. She usually left this sort of thing to Watanabe-san when they were working, being the cold fish type herself. As Takashi explains, Noriko uses a handkerchief to wipe the ash mixture off Takeo's forehead and her own, and then after a moment, she leans up and gets Akio's forehead too before quietly addressing him. "...thank you. um." she hesitates and fidgets for a moment. "...for not dying, i mean. uh... i need to see you later, okay? this week took a lot out of me..." Lowering Takeo back on the slab (with some help, presumably) she makes sure everything is in order before putting the ash-filled bowl into a zip-lock container and tucking it back into her bag.

Rejoining the group after she's satisfied that Takashi has things in order, she nods in agreement. "there's a lot to discuss and consider now. we're leaving with a lot more questions than we started, and things... aren't as they seemed. we were missing a lot of information. we'll have to sit down someplace and talk it over."

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 29, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Wednesday - [??? / The Morgue]

The implications of Takeo's words about the moment of his death sent a shiver through Akio's body. They'd been wrong this entire time! poo poo, he'd been wrong, thinking that Bishop was the killer even as he talked to pretty much everyone else of note in ORDER... One of which could very well have been the real killer, though he had a hard time imagining it. As the world starts to melt away he gives Takeo a nod of respect. "Thank you again, Takeo... For everything. I'll never forget what you did for me."

---

Despite feeling generally uneasy, Akio can't help but smile a little as Noriko wipes the ash from his forehead with her handkerchief. "Thanks." He was curious why she wanted to see him, but it didn't seem like the best time to ask about it. "Of course," he replies. "Whenever you want. The last few days have been kind of a lot, haven't they... Um," he lowers his eyes, feeling remorseful for putting her through it. "I'm sorry that I made you worry. What happened... shouldn't have. I should have been more careful, I started treating it like just a game. Sorry..." He assists her in putting everything back in order before following her to rejoin the others.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Wednesday, May 20th
Music

: Relaying Takeo's words makes Yuki smile sincerely... but pain flashes across her eyes before she looks away, sulking. "... Sorceress..." She peers across the room, looking down at the floor. "... You're all really nice to come by, but.. I... I know what's really going on. You all stood there for awhile... I just wanted to believe in anything for a little bit..." Something in her voice chokes briefly. "... Am I really that stupid, that you could cheer me up like lying to a little kid about Santa?"

(Can wrap up this scene here, though anyone can pull a last reply here. Definitely need a reply from Takashi minimum.)

---

Thursday, Friday and Saturday, May 21st-23rd
Music

Summer showers bring the rest of the week to a slow murky slog or a refreshing overcast coolness, depending on how you feel about mankind's oldest enemy, The Sun. School continues as normal and you attend your club activities for the second time in the week. By the weekend things have improved to overcast!

Everyone: On Thursday you receive parental permission slips for a planned field trip! Naoki's Coastal Spring Break from Friday, May 29th to Tuesday, June 2nd! A special annual trip offered to all classes with a sizable fee, as expected from a prestigious top-tier school. Tsukiyo can note with some frustration that it is organized and sponsored by the Student Council.

You have enough free time to choose two bonds or other leads to pursue as well as one choice of +Charm, +Academics or +Courage. You feel you've learned enough to pursue or make an educated guess about Joker's true identity. You feel that a definite lead on ORDER's inner circle is necessary and perhaps Tsukiyo can provide that through her brother, Genjuro. Itsumi has a lead on talking to the other girls Ichiro was seen with.

Social Bonds Summary.

---

House of Fortune
Music

Itsumi: Itsumi advances to the ooze and joins in striking it. She uses Energizing Strike and grants 14 THP to Noriko!

Each strike causes the ooze to recede and shrink the dangerous terrain.

As the elevator continues to steadily descend past subtle bumps in metal ratcheting lines and the chains clink, red static flickers across the air preceding a loud burst of literal static. Small gramophone horns protrude from the corners of the ceiling and a haunting voice drifts out of the speakers.

: "It's a player! It's not like we came in unseen! Anybody who's online and has permission could come in from Isabelle's end!"

On cue a calcified palm smashes through one of the grates in the wall and a surge of mixed white, brown and black sludge pours out, a silhouette in the middle forming from the white parts of a gown splashing together into the shame of a large lady! She never forms arms, instead having streams of thicker white ooze that sways back and forth through the rest of the darker sludge like a disembodied hand guiding the swishing cloth of a wide dress.

<Mad> Jubilette [PACK]

: A harsh girl's voice screeches with a gurgling, blobby sort of background noise, a Japanese speaker yelling some gratuitous English: "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!!" Surrounding by a swirling tide of black tar ooze Jubilette rears up for height before thrusting her head forward and vomiting a stinking mass of green goo over those close to her! Itsumi and Akio take 24 Poison Damage, Noriko takes 12 Poison Damage and new ooze is spawned! Jubilette laughs and sloshes about, her body bubbling and occasionally popping to discharge steam. The green sludge does the same, visible clouds of rot swirling around the leftover ooze on the floor. The stench is overwhelming!

Weasel looses a readied shot! He misses!

Damaging somebody's Weakness, Jubilette's frame swells! Her mass bulges up in all the right spots and her black ooze churns to make room for a sudden surplus of new sludge!

(Everybody is up! Next round Saturday Morning!)

Ooze can be targeted and has Defenses of 0/0/0/0
Grey Ooze: Deals 12 Acid Damage on entering square or starting turn in square.
Green Ooze: Deals 12 Poison Damage on entering square or starting turn in square.
Black Ooze: Immobilize and Grappled by Jubilette on entering or starting turn in square. Acrobatics vs Reflex 34 or Athletics vs Fort 37.

Jubilette: Damage Taken: 0, AC/F/R/W: 31/37/34/34
Attack +20
Large
[X] Toxic Spray (Close Blast 3x3, Recharges)
Weakness Bonus: +1 to next AoE size

quote:

Itsumi: 69/111, 8/10 Surges, Resists: Necrotic 20, Cold 20, Radiant 20, Weakness: Acid, Force, Poison

Weasel: HP: 81/81, AC/F/R/W 26/24/29/24, Speed 6, Initiative +17, Atk +18/Imp +15, 1d4+11 Dam
Acro+22, Ath+15, Stealth+22, Thievery+24 [ ] Second Wind
Cues: Flank, Melee, Ranged
Encounter Cues: Dazing, Blind 1, Action Point
Daily Cues: Blind CB3, Mark from Ally, Mark from Self, Difficult Terrain Burst 2

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 3, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

With the real threat arriving, Noriko shrugs off the poison thanks to the THP boost and shitposts while she repositions:

Local Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: !
Memento-Mori: slime...
Memento-Mori: ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡ ufuu~

Moving into a good spot, she conjures up her orb, the dark mote brightening for a moment and then coalescing into something dense and metallic. Releasing the orb, she seems to pull a chain of shadow from it as it falls to the floor, lengthening as she swings it around in a wide, circular arc. Channeling her new power, she effortlessly manipulates the shadows within Darkest Night, focusing her energy into the orb until light sparks within the darkness, the orb heating up and turning cherry red before bursting into flame, the chain turning into a wheel of flame roaring above her head. With a flick of her wrist, the wheel untangles, turning into a jet of fire that shoots across the room with terrifying speed.

The orb and chain whirl around Jubilette, the searing hot implement singeing her ooze as Mori squares her feet and whips her arm back. The force of the pull rips Jubilette from the ground, and then, with a loud snap, whips her through space, forcibly teleporting the ooze into melee with the group.

Move to I 11, Crowley to K 15
Minor Curse Jubilette
Standard Witchfire Jubilette, Drop two curse dice to teleport target up to 6
Witchfire vs Jubilette, Reflex, Fire (+1d6 Psychic): 1d20+27 39 2d6r2+15 26 1d6 5 (26 fire damage + 5 psychic)

Jubilette takes -7 to attacks UEONT and is teleported to E11 (top left corner in E11)

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 101/111 (THP: 0)         AC:   34    Passive Insight: 24
Surges: 9/9 (V: 31)      For:  26    Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +15   	 Ref:  31    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 8                 Will: 34    Vision: Low-Light Vision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Abyssal (/w item)

At Will		    Encounter			    Daily		               
Eldritch Blast		[ ] Argent Rain			[ ] Deathly Conduit		
Eyebite			[X] Witchfire			[X] Storm Countess' Kiss
Hand of Blight		[ ] Lash of the Long Night	[X] Curse of the Golden Mist
Misty Step		[ ] Hekiah's Trance
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Dark Reach of Spookydark
Call Familiar		[ ] Echoing Dirge
Prestidigitation
Magic Missile

Pact Boon		    Fortune - 3/3	    	    Fate - 3/3
[ ] Fey Pact		[ ] Eiagoan		        [ ] Crown of Madness		
[X] Sorcerer-King Pact	[ ] Reaper's Scythe             [ ] Domineering Gaze
			[ ] Screams of the Dead	        [ ] Form of Bat
			[ ] Summon Skeletons

Encounter Utility	                            Daily Utility                      
[ ] Second Wind	      		[ ] Shroud of Adeptus        [ ] Headband of Intellect
[ ] Fey Step		        [ ] Darkest Night	     [ ] Bracers of Escape
[ ] Beguiling Tongue            N/E Mini Khakkara Orb        [ ] Madeth's Magical Music
[ ] Familiar's Call             N/E Thought Eater Armor      [ ] Madeth's Charm Atk Bonus
[ ] Perfect Navigate Crowds     N/E Amulet of Resolution     [ ] Inescapable Consequence
[ ] Displacement     	 	[ ] Band of Venom	     [ ] Amulet of Seduction						
[ ] Monk's C. Casual Robes	[ ] Blood-Soaked Chanters
N/E Orb of Nimble Thought
[ ] Charm of Protection

Passives:

Support Persona Bonus: Immune: Physical Damage(Melee)
Support Persona Weakness: Radiant(x2), Lightning(+40%), Fire, Force

Crow Familiar (link)

Rank 2 Academics - *** [+2 Int/Wis skills]
Rank 3 Charm * - [+3 Dex/Cha skills]
Rank 3 Courage - [+3 Str/Con skills]

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo-Saturday

Looking at the address of the small apartment on her phone and then to the number on the door, Tsukiyo hesitates before knocking on it. Genjuro said that he was going to share a room with his old buddy Shou, so finding the place wasn't that hard. Considering how close the school trip is, it might be best for her to talk to him sooner than later... Well, at least she managed to do some more studying with Manami and Miho during the weekend before coming here.

Studying +Acad again, doing Bonds with Manami then starting investigation with big bro.

"Just one." Flagelo says with a drawn sigh. "Thought we were on a pinch for a second." He leaps forward, right where Crowley was before as he unsheathe his swords, taking aim at the large slime's frame and slicing both of her legs down as she collapses to the floor with a plodding noise! "We took on bigger people on ORDER's pecking order than you, small fry! No way a Level 1 Mob is going to get on our way."

Move: Shift to F-10
Minor: Quarrying Juiblette
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC (Main weapon+quarry, use two rolls): 2#1d20+25 40 41 1d8+1d6+19+1d6 29 damage and Juiblette is slowed. Twin Strike vs AC (off-weapon): 1d20+25 40 1d8+1d6+19 21 and then knocked prone! (2+1 of damage is fire)
Fortune: Agidyne vs Will: 1d20+17 30 3d10+12 25

pre:
 Flagelo 
HP: 129/129 (0)	        AC:	31 (34)  	Passive Insight: 27
Surges: 7/9 (V: 36)     For:	32 (34)  	Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +16		Ref:	31 (33)	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	29 (31)	Fortune Points: 3/3
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Twin Strike            [ ] Second Wind           [ ] Second Wind
Careful Attack         [ ]Sohei Flurry           [x] Frenzied Skirmish 
Hunter's Quarry        [ ] Fox's Cunning         [ ] Attacks on the Run
Bancho's Pride         [ ] Disruptive Strike     [x] Blade Cascade 
                       [ ] Cross Body Parry      [ ] Root Gate
                       [ ] Armor Splinter        [ ] Howling Winds
                       [ ] Stone's Endurance
                       [ ] Perfect Sohei Parry
                       [ ] Weave Through the Fray

Fate
[ ] Storm Strike
[ ] Be Gone

Item
[ ] Sharpshooter (Day)
[ ] Mercurial Mind (Enc)
[ ] Great Tutor Armor (Day)
[ ] Torc of Power (Day)
[x] Belt of Lucky Strikes (Day)
[ ] Wildrunners (Day) 
[ ] Wolf's Fang (Enc)
[ ] Strikebacks (Enc)
[ ] Ring of Giants (Day) 
[ ] War Ring (Day)

Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
Wield One-Handed Weapons as off-hand
Give up 1 damage die from HQ to Slow UEOTN
CA vs Immobilized/Slowed
Hit Immobilized/Slow knocks prone
+2 attack with Light Blades, +4 if enemy grants CA
Draw weapon/item with same action to attack/use
+5 Damage, +1 attack to enemy that I'm closest to or alone
Gain CA against all enemies during first turn
If crit with main weapon can do MBA with off-hand
+1 to AC and Melee rolls if dual-wielding
+2 to AC and reflexes UEOTN if hit at least twice with attacks this turn
Action Point: Can do MBA with main and off-hand with WIS mod bonus damage

Item Passives
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Horned helmet: +1d6 damage when charging
Cloak: If bloodied can use two healing surges instead of one
Sharpshooter: +2 damage to lone enemy, Hit enemy gets -2 to ranged/area attack rolls UEOTN
Ring of Giants: +8 to crit damage
War Ring: +1d6 crit damage to jagged weapon, +1d8 to rapier
Bracers: +1d6 fire damage to melee
Jagged Rapier (Main Weapon): 19-20 Crit
Wolf's Fang: Brutal 2
Action Point: +2 all defenses UEOTN when using AP

Support Persona
Ravana (Devil) 
Maeigaon (+17 vs Will, Range 8, Burst 2, All Creatures, Deals 2d8+8 Necrotic Damage and -2 Fortitude)
Agidyne (+17 vs Reflex, Range 8, 1 Enemy, Deals 3d10+12 Fire Damage)
Demonic Decree (+17 vs Will, Range 5, Burst 1, Targets Enemies. Affected Enemies have -3 Attack/Damage(Save Ends))
Amplify Might(Passive): Adds +4 Damage to Melee/Ranged Weapon Powers and MBAs/RBAs
Ten Mantras(Utility, Daily): Forces a Result of 20 on a Skill Knowledge Check. Knowledge must be obtainable by Caster
Resist Acid 20, Resist Psychic 20
Immune: Necrotic
Weakness: Fire, Cold, Lightning, Radiant

Overseers

Felix: Execution(Passive): Attacks that reduce a target to 9 HP or less instead reduce them to 0 HP.
Ninjutsu(Daily): All PCs may Shift up to 6 Squares this turn. Movement lost if not used.

Ryuka: Blowhard(Passive): +4 to all Damage.
Greater Fireball(Daily): 1d20+19 vs Reflex in Ranged Burst 2(5x5), deals 4d6+11 Damage to Enemies

Redd: Hot-Blooded(Passive): Gain Fire and Cold Resist +10, adding to existing Resistances.
Hercules Swing(Daily): Starting at Range 3 from Any one Ally, make a 1d20+22 Attack vs Fortitude on one Enemy. 
On a Hit deal 3d10+18 Damage and Push 5. On a Miss deal Half Damage and make a Bull Rush (1d20+22) vs
 Fortitude with Push 1 on a Hit.

Rank 2 Academics **** [+2 Int/Wis Skills]
Rank 2 Charm **** [+2 Dex/Cha Skills]
Rank 3 Courage ***  [+3 +Str/Con Skills]

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 2, 2018