Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:kimchi:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I'm the STEM-lord just off panel getting angry as h*ck

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Turtle bottom jeans

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dat A'tuin

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGZD4K0Ubd8

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dixville posted:

Turtle bottom jeans

boots with the fur

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
This brightened my day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v5bMJZ-wm0

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Yeah :(

At school, they taught us "oh, they use a glass tube to suck the blood out, it's sanitary and not weird at all". But apparently not.

e:

Cool. Now give him a raise.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
no

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, that was basically my reaction when I was a kid. Heard he was Luke's dad but didn't really think it was as big a reveal as everyone seems to want it to be.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, that was basically my reaction when I was a kid. Heard he was Luke's dad but didn't really think it was as big a reveal as everyone seems to want it to be.

Yeah. The dad is like "come on, that's the big moment of the movie. React more!"

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I mean, if you already know about the plot from the million pop culture references that have happened in the like 40 years since it came out then of course its completely underwhelming. I think I was young enough and my parents didn't spoil it for me so I think I vaguely remember actually being surprised by that reveal as a kid. I think I just kinda gasped and then watched the cool but scary scene of Luke jumping and then hanging off the bottom of the ship for dear life. I think that part was more scary to me so I actually remember that more in a way.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Truly blessed

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

What is it? A coat hook?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dixville posted:

I mean, if you already know about the plot from the million pop culture references that have happened in the like 40 years since it came out then of course its completely underwhelming. I think I was young enough and my parents didn't spoil it for me so I think I vaguely remember actually being surprised by that reveal as a kid. I think I just kinda gasped and then watched the cool but scary scene of Luke jumping and then hanging off the bottom of the ship for dear life. I think that part was more scary to me so I actually remember that more in a way.

That poo poo unnerves me more as an adult cuz I have no clue what would happen if you fell into a gas giant.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Milo and POTUS posted:

That poo poo unnerves me more as an adult cuz I have no clue what would happen if you fell into a gas giant.

You would die

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
My completely unscientific guess is that you would fall until you hit the center of the planet, but because of the planets gravity, you would eventually stop somewhere in the middle, and just be suspended there, you wouldn't fall through the planet all the way to the other side and end up in space. So you would just be suspended there somewhere in that planet until you either suffocated if there wasn't enough oxygen, or until you died of dehydration / thirst. That's without knowing anything about gas giants so I'm probably horribly wrong.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

:hmmyes:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ask your dad

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dixville posted:

I'm sure the 4 year old keeps up with the hottest memes

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

do you think luke would realize he could fly if he fell off in that scene

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bored As gently caress posted:

My completely unscientific guess is that you would fall until you hit the center of the planet, but because of the planets gravity, you would eventually stop somewhere in the middle, and just be suspended there, you wouldn't fall through the planet all the way to the other side and end up in space. So you would just be suspended there somewhere in that planet until you either suffocated if there wasn't enough oxygen, or until you died of dehydration / thirst. That's without knowing anything about gas giants so I'm probably horribly wrong.

you would be crushed so densely your body would become diamonds. In the deep part of the planet the weather is dominated by diamond rain that sleets towards the metallic hydrogen core and then evaporates to become clouds of carbon & methane that condense again into diamonds. Years later the DeBeers-Grognar Group will send a space freighter to scoop you up and you'll become a tentacle ring for some alien.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

You would be crushed to death assuming you didn't get cooked to death first, the internal temp can be 20,000 degrees.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

...without knowing anything about gas giants so I'm probably horribly wrong.

Well at least you got this right

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

this is so incredibly misinformed that i don't know why you even bothered writing it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
woah suddenly the #blessed thread is all Professor Sciences PHDMI

iirc the fall in eden was from the better state of ignorance to the lesser state of knowledge

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

LordArgh posted:

this is so incredibly misinformed that i don't know why you even bothered writing it

You dont know, he might be the size of a planetoid.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

SniperWoreConverse posted:

you would be crushed so densely your body would become diamonds. In the deep part of the planet the weather is dominated by diamond rain that sleets towards the metallic hydrogen core and then evaporates to become clouds of carbon & methane that condense again into diamonds. Years later the DeBeers-Grognar Group will send a space freighter to scoop you up and you'll become a tentacle ring for some alien.

:stare:

LordArgh posted:

Listen, my uncle spoke to me many years ago about science. I have a natural instinct for science. :smugdon:

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 19, 2018

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

E:fb

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 19, 2018

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

content posted:

blessed rear end-page

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

super heated, poisonous, 300 mph winds would vaporize you almost instantly

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

oh dope posted:

super heated, poisonous, 300 mph winds would vaporize you almost instantly

somewhere there is a fart fetishist getting all hot and bothered

naem
May 29, 2011

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQiiNGllGQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MlYzt6EzYE

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theres an old man that lives in my neighborhood with 2 dogs and one can walk just fine but the other is a super old corgi with short old legs and the piece of poo poo owner basically drags it around by the neck because he cant keep up anymore and it makes me so angry every time i see them. just walk slower u stupid geriatric rear end in a top hat, you know what you're doing:argh:. both of the dogs have that look to them that makes me think they've never been washed or groomed before either :(

unblessed post

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

You wouldn’t fall at all the flat earth would keep you up

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

the music in this one is pretty cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

bring back old gbs posted:

theres an old man that lives in my neighborhood with 2 dogs and one can walk just fine but the other is a super old corgi with short old legs and the piece of poo poo owner basically drags it around by the neck because he cant keep up anymore and it makes me so angry every time i see them. just walk slower u stupid geriatric rear end in a top hat, you know what you're doing:argh:. both of the dogs have that look to them that makes me think they've never been washed or groomed before either :(

unblessed post

To make up for your post, there's an old man in my neighborhood that goes for walks with his very elderly dog and both are visibly incapable of walking fast, so they have a naturally similar pace.