Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LethalGeek posted:

I used to have more problems getting the 8bitdo stuff synced but it's stopped happening for a while. Probably because I will reboot the whole switch occasionally. It seems like over time something in the Switch stops responding well to the 8Bitdo controllers but a reboot clears it back up. Since then I just hold Start + Y until a light comes on and let go until it syncs after a few seconds.

Well I don't have to sync it every time, just getting it connected is what I mean. It just takes longer than anything else and then you have to fiddle around in menus to get it as controller one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Your Computer posted:

is this a metaphor

there's a throwable item in dark souls that inflicts super poison on stuff it hits because it's literally nasty poop but you gotta be careful using it because it also causes a small buildup of poison in you because you're covering your hands with poop

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the easiest way to cheese Capra, dunno I've ever heard of anyone pooping O&S to death before though

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Your Computer posted:

is this a metaphor

It is a true story. It was both funny and really, really time consuming

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
AKSHUALLY the best way to cheese Capra is to learn how to dodge

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It's the easiest way to cheese Capra, dunno I've ever heard of anyone pooping O&S to death before though

The easiest way to cheese Capra is to get enough poise to not get interrupted by the dogs

congrats Capra is now trivial

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those are normal strats not cheese strats

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Well I don't have to sync it every time, just getting it connected is what I mean. It just takes longer than anything else and then you have to fiddle around in menus to get it as controller one

That's mainly what I'm talking about. I'd spend a couple minutes each time fussing in menus until I did a Switch reboot. Then all that stuff goes away and it "just works"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if you're not killing a boss from outside the boss door you're not trying hard enough

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

People in this thread mainly, talking about dips into the single digits of frame rates and having bad/missing sound?

I read it as dipping by single digit frame amounts, like 60 to 55. Could be wrong though.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I cant wait to play Dark Souls tonight, its the only souls I havent really played.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

THE loving MOON posted:

I cant wait to play Dark Souls tonight, its the only souls I havent really played.

have fun, some say it's the dark souls of dark souls games

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

have fun, some say it's the dark souls of dark souls games

I have heard this.

Seriously though, I have not one, but two friends who claim DS2 is harder and frankly I ain't scurred. I know how to souls, and im gonna kick this game's rear end :colbert:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

For importers, the Kunio collection will have some English language capability

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/1053179002305871872

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Here's some in game footage, check out the second half of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Q4z1axugo

Panning around definitely seems a bit..stuttery even for 30fps. If stuff like that and tinny sounding audio doesn't bug you, then this version is probably fine for you.

The port definitely gets the job done. I'm just annoyed that a 2011 game from the 360/PS3 era doesn't perform nearly as well as it should, given what we've seen with other ports (Bayo, Doom, Rocket League) or mainline games (SMO, BotW).

They could have done a better job, maybe with more money and time? Two things that are hard to come by as is, I'm sure.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Ptarmigans posted:

I read it as dipping by single digit frame amounts, like 60 to 55. Could be wrong though.

Fwiw that was exactly my take as well. I'm seriously debating getting DS for Switch. I'm such a chicken poo poo and only made it like 10 hours into the game on 360 back in the day.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

there's a throwable item in dark souls that inflicts super poison on stuff it hits because it's literally nasty poop but you gotta be careful using it because it also causes a small buildup of poison in you because you're covering your hands with poop

this joke didn't work at all!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Your Computer posted:

is this a metaphor

The target is this thread, and the poop being hurled are my posts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm glad I never played a souls game, so I dont really have an opinion on it and all the frothy comments here.

I HAVE played breath of the wild though and I WILL FIGHT YOU ABOUT WEAPON DURABILITY

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm glad I never played a souls game, so I dont really have an opinion on it and all the frothy comments here.

I HAVE played breath of the wild though and I WILL FIGHT YOU ABOUT WEAPON DURABILITY

Luckily if you wait long enough your ability to post will break.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Botw durability is the dark souls of game systems

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

If you don't want to import from PlayAsia, the Japanese version has the same ROMs, (including the US River City Ransom) and Amazon preorders come with DLC for an extra variant dodgeball game.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07H4LZCNY/

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Luckily if you wait long enough your ability to post will break.

Hasnt happened in......*checks last post*.............17 years.

holy poo poo

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Who in the gently caress came up with the control scheme in dark souls?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fknlo posted:

Who in the gently caress came up with the control scheme in dark souls?

I know right? It's a pretty genius way of mapping both arms + multiple actions for an action RPG that isn't all button-mashing. I wonder if it's inspired by some other game or if they did it first.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I've jumped into BOTW hardcore for the first time since I bought it and I'm near the end. I don't care about the weapons breaking , but Link moves slow as poo poo relative to the size of the environments and that bothers me. I'm used to playing games with absurd movement powers like Saints Row, Crackdown, Far Cry, Just Cause, etc. At the best of times Link feels like a toddler crawling through a swamp. Even the speedy buff isn't enough for me. I finally got enough stamina to spam jump when I'm climbing and it can still be agonizingly slow climbing the taller cliffs. The only movement that feels good to me is shield surfing and swimming up waterfalls with that special armor.
TLDR: GOTTA GO FAST

It is absolutely wild how often you can get up to some wild speeds while shield surfing. You don't even need to be on a very sharp incline, just fishtail and you'll keep going and going and going.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*EUROBEAT INTENSIFIES*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
please god let this get a US release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xNAD0dWv_c

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
when are they puttin a super robot wars on this thing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hasnt happened in......*checks last post*.............17 years.

holy poo poo

hey man, i agree about oxycodone

lol at the emoticon reply ban, 2005 sa was friggin' dire

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DLC Inc posted:

This also has Double Dragon 1-3 in it. I assume these are all the NES versions. Did they add online multiplayer to these or is it local only? Real tempted to import this.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Can someone maybe like, make a website that just tracks all Switch software updates? I turned it on today and it was like, TINY GRAPHIC OF HYPER LIGHT DRIFTER and 3 other applications were updated!

SO loving USELESS!

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I think the original Dark Souls is the overall worst out of the Dark Souls / BB games, in that it has some of the highest high points but also by far no contest the lowest low points, but it's still probably one of my top 20 or maybe even top 10 games, so it's not much of a downvote.

Xalidur fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 20, 2018

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Play dark souls blind and stream it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Dark Souls has weapon durability

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mandatory lesbian posted:

hey man, i agree about oxycodone

lol at the emoticon reply ban, 2005 sa was friggin' dire

:moonrio:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Modus Pwnens posted:

If you don't want to import from PlayAsia, the Japanese version has the same ROMs, (including the US River City Ransom) and Amazon preorders come with DLC for an extra variant dodgeball game.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07H4LZCNY/

Definitely opt for this and not PlayAsia.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think Dark Souls 1 is still the best Souls games. The others I feel like are missing something to make them as special. I’m sure Bloodborne is good but I don’t have a PS4.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m sure Bloodborne is good but I don’t have a PS4.

It’s actually better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Heck yeah. I still haven't played the JP Prism Of Eyes but I'm loving all the Japanese detective games for the Switch. I'd love to localize the eShop only JB Harold games too.