Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh boy we got a new Carmella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

No. When Toni gives a drat she is good in the ring. But she has not looked good at all this tournament.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TV Zombie posted:

That's bullshit about that Hana/Kagetsu main event snub.
Seriously.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

She's the new Nakamura

Everyone a year ago posted:

When Nakamura gives a drat he is good in the ring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh I didn't mean talent wise, just target of ire wise.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Maybe when you're wrestling 3 times in one night, you can't go out and have the match of the night 3 times.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I don't blame Rossy I would be embarrassed if people had to look at Hana's gear in the main event

Instead we get Japanese female Roman Reigns

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

I don't blame Rossy I would be embarrassed if people had to look at Hana's gear in the main event

Instead we get Japanese female Roman Reigns

Nah, Japanese female Roman Reigns is Utami.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm actually shocked that Teagan was supposed to win it all. I know she's got a great underdog story, but she just seemed like the most bland of all the women on the last episode.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Nah, Japanese female Roman Reigns is Utami.

People like Utami though

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Man, I think Toni has been great. I've enjoy her MYC matches. She just has a star presence. Maybe watching her matches live instead of just on the Network has given me a different perspective, but I think she's perfect for WWE.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

JT Smiley posted:

I'm actually shocked that Teagan was supposed to win it all. I know she's got a great underdog story, but she just seemed like the most bland of all the women on the last episode.

She wasn't really trying in the ring so far since she knew she would get injured

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've always liked Toni as a fan. Even in the very early days when she first came to the UK and a lot of people especially female fans thought she was just a "girl to put on the poster" of the show. Obviously, she has greatly grown from their in-ring wise and now has a more Joshi look.

Toni is someone you will get more if you watch her live. I notice a lot of North American fans are so-so on her while fans in the UK/Europe are crazy about her. She has a real star aura live.

More experienced Wrestlers I've talked to really like her personally, have zero doubt she'll be a major WWE star but always say fans should slow their roll a little bit as she's green/only a "baby" still. She's very nervous and overwhelmed before matches and things like that.

Getting shot to the main roster now probably would be a really bad idea as she probably wouldn't be confident enough to interact with the writers and develop a rapour with Vince McMahon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The interview she did with Jim Smallman was eye opening. I always thought she was no nonsense with little personality from the Stardom promos she did. But instead she's fuckin weird. And hilarious.

Toni Storm is light.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

If you trust me on anything trust me on Tegan. They were debating Tegan or Toni two days before the show.

I can see why you'd think she was bland here. Possibly I would have called an audible and changed it to Toni or someone else. She no longer had the confidence and specialness Nixon Newell had on the indies.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Lid posted:

Looking up more Jinny however lead to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4s70i2bLpE

Jesus Christ

this match has some sloppiness (the slaps when he's holding the chair lmao) but also totally bangs

also wow that riptide production is something

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like it but I don't understand why they're wrestling in a haunted house.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

coconono posted:

The interview she did with Jim Smallman was eye opening. I always thought she was no nonsense with little personality from the Stardom promos she did. But instead she's fuckin weird. And hilarious.

Toni Storm is light.

I'm always reluctant to judge foreign wrestlers' personalities by their Stardom World promos. I'm convinced nobody tells them 80% of the people who'll see those promos are from outside Japan, so they default to "speak flatly and hope some words get through to this train station attendant" mode.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not looking for names or anything. But is this SHIMMER one of those weekends were the Joshis show up or nah?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Not looking for names or anything. But is this SHIMMER one of those weekends were the Joshis show up or nah?

If they are, it's news to me because I haven't heard anything about any promotions sending their talents over. I think the last promotion to actually send talent over to the US was TJPW for King of Trios.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Mayu or Oedo Tai in ROH lately. Wonder if that partnership is starting to sour? Because ROH hasn't done much to help STARDOM out. I know Mayu wants to be a part of Supercard of Honor/the G1 Special during Wrestlemania weekend, but I dunno if it will happen.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 20, 2018

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no joshi at shimmer, kay lee ray and viper the notable imports. i guess all those aussies that are on every weekend too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are there any non-binary wrestlers, and a thread for They.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Serious answer, I am pretty sure Kaho Kobayashi is nonbinary. They wrote a blog post about it last year and their twitter bio has included the tag "Genderlessler" (the pun works better in Japanese) for a while. But I'm not 100% clear on the preferred terminology in Japanese; DDT's announcers called ASUKA "genderless" as well, even though I'm pretty sure ASUKA identifies as a woman.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 20, 2018

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Rhea is the old-school bully wrestling needs

https://twitter.com/rhearipley_wwe/status/1053690236134457345

I wasn't that fussed about Tegan but that's a great built-in comeback feud right there.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

this match has some sloppiness (the slaps when he's holding the chair lmao) but also totally bangs

also wow that riptide production is something

Intergender wrestling is rad as hell and, while I can see why WWE won't go for it, I'm still hoping some sort of NXT craziness happens and we get a Johnny v. Candice match because they'd put on an absolute clinic.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
FYI, Mercedes Martinez beat Tessa Blanchard for the RISE title in a 75 minute iron woman match which is the longest women's match ever I believe. Mercedes once wrestled Lexxus/Alisha Edwards in a 73 minute match in WSU back in 2011 as well which was the old record.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a0tymHAiYw

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I like how they try to make them watch a Stephanie women's revolution promo without laughing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Looks like there's a STARDOM show on January 3 that were probably going to go to at Shinkiba. Does anyone know what the different seating options are? They're listed as S, A, and B seats with S the most expensive but I'm curious as to where each section is. I wouldn't want to be on the same side as the entrance, for instance, if I can help it.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Phenix Rising posted:

Looks like there's a STARDOM show on January 3 that were probably going to go to at Shinkiba. Does anyone know what the different seating options are? They're listed as S, A, and B seats with S the most expensive but I'm curious as to where each section is. I wouldn't want to be on the same side as the entrance, for instance, if I can help it.

S is basically ringside. A and B are bleacher seats, but A is near the entrance ramp and the vantage point I had when I was there. B is not a bad place to be though. Here's a panorama from where I was sitting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

DM Punk posted:

FYI, Mercedes Martinez beat Tessa Blanchard for the RISE title in a 75 minute iron woman match which is the longest women's match ever I believe. Mercedes once wrestled Lexxus/Alisha Edwards in a 73 minute match in WSU back in 2011 as well which was the old record.

Their match at RISE Of The Knockouts was a banger, so I'm looking forward to watching that.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
A 73 minute Alisha Edwards match has to have been a sleeper.

Glad we're getting all of the "doing it to say it's been done" stuff out of the way now for the ladies.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Auritech posted:

S is basically ringside. A and B are bleacher seats, but A is near the entrance ramp and the vantage point I had when I was there. B is not a bad place to be though. Here's a panorama from where I was sitting.

This is super helpful, thanks! Always seems like there are no real bad seats in the place.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

A 73 minute Alisha Edwards match has to have been a sleeper.

Glad we're getting all of the "doing it to say it's been done" stuff out of the way now for the ladies.

All woman Brawl For All.

Let's DO IT.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RIP Maki Itoh
Born ? - Died: When she flipped off Meiko Satomura when Meiko was looking for a handshake(10/21).

Good gravy...Meiko pulling Maki up after that MYC finisher.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 21, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/1054349859552149504

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
The Mercedes/Tessa match is worth watching, but it's a match that feels like it had 10-15 minutes of extra padding just so they could reach the extended time. That said, Mercedes ended up wrestling 2 hours and 47 minutes over the course of the weekend and Tessa was in the midst of something like 3,000 miles traveled over the course of four days, so both of them are amazing.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Decided to try out a DDT Universe sub for TJPW. Went back to that tag team tournament in August and am working my way forward, assisted by the Dramatic DDT blog. Any standout matches to watch in the archives? I've seen the January 4 show on YouTube with the English recap.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The May 3 2018 Korakuen show, for sure - especially Hyper Misao vs. Jun Kasai and Miyu Yamashita vs. Rika Tatsumi. All Miyu's title defenses have been good, really. Speaking of Miyu, her match with Meiko Satomura in August 2017 is a must-see, too.

One of my low-key favorites this year was (the former) Nodoka Oneesan vs. Miyu Yamashita from the Princess Cup tournament but admittedly I'm biased because I really, really like Nodoka and seeing her get a Cinderella run in the tournament was downright heartwarming.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Miyu Yamashita vs. Maho Kurone from February or March was great.

Ito Respect Army vs. Reika Saiki & Marika Kobashi was treat too if you can track that down.