Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

So, Kotex, how was your experience volunteering to help deliver shitwagons to idiots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Peeny Cheez posted:

So, Kotex, how was your experience volunteering to help deliver shitwagons to idiots?

personally I'd be pretty stoked about getting to fury road a fire truck down public streets while a fleet of models 3 chased after me on the way to their new owners victims

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

if you sell 200,000 electric cars to people who would otherwise buy ICE cars, that is 200,000 fewer ICE cars on the road. pretty straightforward

nissan sold 200,000 nissans leaf long before tesla sold 200,000 cars over their entire production span, let alone all the other electric car models lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if less than 1/1000th of the vehicles on the road in one country is significant then i'm afraid the number of documented production and quality issues with tesla vehicles are too

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

my car is from 1999 and i will drive it until one of us dies because my car is transportation not fashion

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cocoa Crispies posted:

personally I'd be pretty stoked about getting to fury road a fire truck down public streets while a fleet of models 3 chased after me on the way to their new owners victims

They explode without getting hit with those spear things even

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer
maybe kgob is right about elon.
just look at how elon is helping to reduce the number of cars on the road:

1. idiot sells current ICE car to buy a tesla
2. tesla is never delivered to idiot
3. idiot can no longer afford to buy another ICE car and must now take public transportation reducing overall pollution and road congestion

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
yo kgob if nerds were as obnoxious about shilling for audis or porsches or whatever as they are for teslas, we'd probably be happily making GBS threads on them too

also i roll my eyes every time someone assumes every yosposter makes six figures

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

the talent deficit posted:

i own a volt and i'll probably get another when my lease is up. maybe even a bolt but i routinely make a 400km trip and i hate the idea of stopping to charge

it’s really not so bad so long as you’re not genuinely in a hurry. you should be taking breaks anyway when driving long distances. go to the bathroom, get a drink or a snack, stretch your legs, and you’re charged before you know it

obviously don’t try this if you’re an organ courier or w/e but most people could stand to slow down and take life a bit easier

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Kotex go back to the old man cool guy forum of AI amd stay out of our haxker den

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

KoRMaK posted:

Kotex go back to the old man cool guy forum of AI amd stay out of our haxker den

someone run turn_target_computer_into_bomb script. :twisted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

...and homes off the fossil fuel grid on a meaningful scale.

lmao

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

i wish this thread had tesla 'dog mode' so that it could inevitably break and roast us all

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mr Scoop posted:

maybe kgob is right about elon.
just look at how elon is helping to reduce the number of cars on the road:

1. idiot sells current ICE car to buy a tesla
2. tesla is never delivered to idiot
3. idiot can no longer afford to buy another ICE car and must now take public transportation reducing overall pollution and road congestion

My God

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

President Beep posted:

I think thats just tesla_infotainment.sh

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

could everyone kindly stop engaging car stymie? thank you

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

President Beep posted:

That script has been running since April 29, 2009.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

could everyone kindly stop engaging car stymie? thank you

shaggar hasn't posted yet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

aardvaard posted:

shaggar hasn't posted yet

seems more like specifically-tesla stymie

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey don't drag me into this, i was right when i said it was time to close this thread because it had run its course

now y'all are so desperate for posts you're falling all over yourselves responding to the weakest "tesla good" trolling ever

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Ciaphas posted:

tesla stymie

i think “bazinga stymie” is funnier, but this is a better descriptor.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

god drat it, stymie was right.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

hey don't drag me into this, i was right when i said it was time to close this thread because it had run its course

now y'all are so desperate for posts you're falling all over yourselves responding to the weakest "tesla good" trolling ever

as an expert in weak trolling, i...

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Combat Theory posted:

This is true sadly. Most luxurious cars don't die the mechanical death tho, they just have an insane value depriciation and a lot of delicate luxury, automation and infotainment systems that like to break and cost ludicrous money to replace. Also they are usually very heavy and will wear out suspension bushings, which are also expensive to replace.

If you find a good one second hand though, you can have a fast, comfortable and "premium" car for little money.

I would always go for the least amount of automated and electrified features possible in a car (if the engine you want allows that trim set).

Side note, I just replaced the spark plugs and ignition coils in my 91 BMW and the thing is likely good for another 150k km before I have to overhaul the Powertrain (which I'm looking forward to because I can swap in a 3L crankshaft and some wide angle cams and maybe ITBs) and while I drive it the car actually becomes more and more valuable. Ironic if I think about it

think bankrupts the kwinkles

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

fishmech posted:

nissan sold 200,000 nissans leaf long before tesla sold 200,000 cars over their entire production span, let alone all the other electric car models lol

Leafs aren't ~fun~ so they don't count!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ryde posted:

Leafs aren't ~fun~ so they don't count!

You are not a successful male like TRUMP if you don't drive an extremely masculine car

No joke, the election is what finally gave me enough perspective on what "success" supposedly looks like that it finally convinced me to throw in the towel on a Corvette building project, that had already taken some very frustrating years out of my life without much to show for it. I'm glad I stopped. I need other things a lot more than I need one of those.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Skim Milk posted:

think bankrupts the kwinkles

hosed up if possible

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

mods change my name to desperate for posts tia

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
lol @ the idea of enjoying a car

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the talent deficit posted:

i own a volt and i'll probably get another when my lease is up. maybe even a bolt but i routinely make a 400km trip and i hate the idea of stopping to charge

i test drove a model 3 but it's like a fisher price car. the interior is unbelievably bad and it drives like an old buick

the interior and handling both remind me of my mom's old mid-90s volvo

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

redleader posted:

lol @ the idea of enjoying a car

elon certainly does

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

lol if you don’t gently caress your car and cum in it

just lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i like to get to know my cars in the biblical sense

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

the singer-songwriter of a favorite 90s rock band of mine professed a love for elon musk on twitter and boy i should've known better than to reply. so many bazingas namesearching elon musk.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

this guy is definitely stable

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1054115562769416192

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

elon musk is 47 years old

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'd drive a Bolt, I like dumpy looking econobox cars

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Zikan posted:

elon musk is 47 years old

so are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
He referenced games I know about! Elon is now my friend!