Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If any of that is true then Cena is probably the one guy that could pull it off and not suffer consequences

It's hard to imagine it being true with Cena, though. He's as company man as they come even if he is a good person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bryan too in that he's always got that "What're you gonna do, fire me? :lol:" thing shielding him from consequences.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i wonder how bad reigns is injured, dave mentioned this morning he didn't work any house shows

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

Bryan too in that he's always got that "What're you gonna do, fire me? :lol:" thing shielding him from consequences.

True, and now that he's cleared to wrestle again he could make huge money outside of WWE. Not that being cleared would have stopped him before.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i wonder how bad reigns is injured, dave mentioned this morning he didn't work any house shows

PWInsider says he was just given time off, so apparently there's some conflicting reports there.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

True, and now that he's cleared to wrestle again he could make huge money outside of WWE. Not that being cleared would have stopped him before.

Yeah, they've done every sleazy trick to keep Bryan from going and making money for someone else. This is why he basically just said and did whatever the hell he wanted back when Talking Smack was around, 'cause what could they do to him? He's one of the guys who absolutely would not give a poo poo if they fired him, so they probably won't.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wouldn't Bryan want to stick around for Brie and her connections with WWE?

With Hogan around, I could imagine them replacing Cena with Hogan for a bigger nostalgia push.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I can say one thing for sure - after they discovered the body double with a fake beard poo poo I have no doubt that right now multiple oscar winning directors are already trying to license the rights to make a movie about this journalist's death for their next critical success

Also I bet Sacha Baron Cohen is laughing to himself that a few of his characters from past movies have already become real

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

If any of that is true then Cena is probably the one guy that could pull it off and not suffer consequences

It's hard to imagine it being true with Cena, though. He's as company man as they come even if he is a good person.

Cena's looking at Batista and the Rock being successful in movies and probably wants the same thing. He could be aware of the controversy over this when doing a media-blitz over Bumblebee or any other future movies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Very happily surprised to hear this about Cena

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Very happily surprised to hear this about Cena

tbf its likely that whatever studio owns transformers is telling him not to go

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Dark horse possibility: Danielson talked him into being a bleeding heart lefty

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Good on Cena for respecting the title best in the world too much to enter the world cup.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

TV Zombie posted:

Wouldn't Bryan want to stick around for Brie and her connections with WWE?

With Hogan around, I could imagine them replacing Cena with Hogan for a bigger nostalgia push.

Hogan would probably crumble to dust if he took another bump.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yeah, that was my thinking. WWE might not give a poo poo about anything but a movie studio is way more likely to want to avoid one of their stars dancing for the Saudi royals at the worst possible time.

I mean Cena seems like a decent human being, which is rare in wrestling. But there's no way his studio/agent doesn't have an opinion on this.

Good for Bryan if hes just straight up taking a stand for something right.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Regardless of the reasoning or motivation behind it if Cena takes a stand that will be huge and will give a voice to a lot of the locker room who would be far worse off if they spoke up

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Cena is no fool, he doesn't need the studio to tell him doing the Saudi show might come back to haunt him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how reliable is this guy who i have never heard of before today

barstool is a joke and, as well, not woke

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Even if it was just him not wanting to be asked about having done the show while doing press for Bumblebee, I wouldn't care that much about the reason he made the decision so much as him actually making the decision.

I always saw him as a company man who toed the line and might even snitch out attempts at a union, so seeing that a major show that Will cost the company big-time money if it gets canceled might be derailed. even just partially because of him, is happily surprising

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Regardless of the reasoning or motivation behind it if Cena takes a stand that will be huge and will give a voice to a lot of the locker room who would be far worse off if they spoke up

Also this

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Incessant Excess posted:

Cena is no fool, he doesn't need the studio to tell him doing the Saudi show might come back to haunt him.

I'm cool giving him the benefit of the doubt on it. But like, he also definitely got some panicked phone calls from his Hollywood side to counter the phone calls from his WWE side.

But yeah, it all works out the same if true.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Guess what Evolution was missing? A Historic Six Woman Tag Match.

Good thing they got us covered!

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1054453136390324224

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

:geno: That's something, I guess.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is it really an epic six woman tag.

Is it really.

Is it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That depends.

Has it happened on Smackdown Raw (apparently) in the last month more or less than 2 times?

Its its "more" then its "epic." If its "less" then its "once in a lifetime."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 22, 2018

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Dark horse possibility: Danielson talked him into being a bleeding heart lefty

There was that one video Cena did where he spoke about how America's diversity is its strength and also pro-LGBT stuff too, so at least he's always had some leanings in that direction. I hope that report is true so that others in the company also feel empowered to refuse to work in Saudi Arabia.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how reliable is this guy who i have never heard of before today

VJeff posted:

Absolutely no idea but SRS retweeted it and I'm pretty sure SRS is credible so I'm goin' with it.

Edit: to wit,
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1054450793154338816

Forgot to comment on this part oops

Scooped that Shawn was unretiring this year. Also got the Shield reunion last year

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I believe Robbie Fox. I know people here might see that he works for Barstool Sports and not believe him and stuff. But I've known him years before that. Extremely connected and honest WWE wise especially at a current and former top guy level.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Is there any idea of how injured Reigns is? Like, is he "appears on TV and doesn't defend the belt until Survivor Series" injured or is he "Strip the belt and throw it on Braun on Raw tonight in a squash" injured

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At this point it's not a hot take at all to say Brock's more likely to get another run with the belt than Braun is to get one title reign

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Robbie Fox is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0K73SdVldY

https://twitter.com/RobbieBarstool/status/1050392828113772546

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Cena and Bryan are true ride or die eskimo brothers

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think that's what that term means.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry about my lie from earlier. Barstool employee Rob Fox is solid, and the rest are squalid

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

At this point it's not a hot take at all to say Brock's more likely to get another run with the belt than Braun is to get one title reign

:yeshaha:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Evolution card looks pretty good.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://pwinsider.com/article/121183/roman-reigns-update.html?p=1

sounds like the Big Dog is ok

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DarkstarIV posted:

Guess what Evolution was missing? A Historic Six Woman Tag Match.

Good thing they got us covered!

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1054453136390324224

They've literally done this same match every week on Raw for the better part of six months. The least they could do is give us some stakes, maybe even a reason for them to fight.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

JT Smiley posted:

They've literally done this same match every week on Raw for the better part of six months. The least they could do is give us some stakes, maybe even a reason for them to fight.
They/re jealous / crazy / besties. Take your pick.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

JT Smiley posted:

My sources are telling me the winning team will move one step closer to a Championship Opportunity!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

The hilarious thing is if they'd actually been in the battle royal one of them would have gotten a title shot

Meanwhile every week we hear rumors about tag belts that are still nowhere to be seen, and even if they were they're not trios belts so it wouldn't matter for this match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
If I wasn't so lazy I'd actually research how many of these random six women tags they've done since the brand split. It has to be in the triple digits by now.

• Locked thread