Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Brain LIVE has my new favorite recurring riff

BANG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Egbert Souse posted:

BANG

I'm a big fan of the recurring riff from Deathstalker 2.

:spit take: PREGNANT?!

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Gavok posted:

My favorite remains Previously on Satellite of Love.

"Don't make me shoot you! ...CROOOOOOOOOWWWW!!"

"The sauce...it's too rich! t-too thick...save...your...SELF"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
"I'd rather watch David Crosby eat a McRib sandwich than watch this scene."

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Egbert Souse posted:

BANG

I will also never look at stairs the same way again.

(Also the riff spoiled above has appeared in S11.)

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

John Murdoch posted:

The crown of course going to the segment they did that's a direct riff on A Case of Spring Fever...years before they actually did A Case of Spring Fever.

Waffles.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Ballz posted:

Waffles.

No waffles!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

And they did it again in Bride of the Monster! "Nooooo advertising!"

Current favorite host segment is the Junior Jester meeting from Magical Voyage of Sinbad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyymDTcSQP4

Also I visited an air museum Saturday. They had an F-104. So I had to watch High School Big Shot when I got home.

... No wait, The Starfighters.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Which episode was it that starts with Frank telling Joel and the boys that Dr Forrester was dead, only to have him pop up in the back and Frank says “oh, hi?”

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Failson posted:

Also I visited an air museum Saturday. They had an F-104. So I had to watch High School Big Shot when I got home.

I'd say "bullet dodged," but... well... The Starfighters. At least it has the United Servo Academy Chorus.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Kiss her, the reel's about to change!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Is your head odd, misshapen? Join the Air Force!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Cemetry Gator posted:

Kiss her, the reel's about to change!
...then there's my virgin classes...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Starfighters is still my favorite riff on a movie where nothing happens.
You're not here to admire this plane!

ashpanash posted:

Which episode was it that starts with Frank telling Joel and the boys that Dr Forrester was dead, only to have him pop up in the back and Frank says “oh, hi?”
402: The Giant Gila Monster.

"The Mole People have been a great source of strength."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'll always love Giant Gila Monster for a lot of reasons, but one specifically is "Boy, alcoholism sure is a hoot!"

Also "Can't a robot admire his own back porch without being thought of as strange?"

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 22, 2018

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

I'll always love Giant Gila Monster for a lot of reasons, but one specifically is "Boy, alcoholism sure is a hoot!"

Also "Can't a robot admire his own back porch without being thought of as strange?"

"I sing whenever I eat the teens!" Great episode.

No regrets on Starfighters, it's a favorite.

"He has a scorched face policy."

Everything with the Senator father:

"I want his family dead! ...Oh."

Best movie Lockheed ever made.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IOWA!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Failson posted:

"I sing whenever I eat the teens!" Great episode.

No regrets on Starfighters, it's a favorite.

"He has a scorched face policy."

Best movie Lockheed ever made.

The Giant Gila monster will always be a favorite. It was the first MST3K I showed my dad when I was home from college.

I always bounced *hard* off of Starfighters. It finally clicked when I stopped paying attention to the movie and focused on the riffs.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Failson posted:

I went to the Air Force Museum in Dayton a few years back, and they had one tucked back in a corner.

They also had the dual-rotor rescue helicopter hanging from the ceiling. So as soon as I saw it, all I could think was, “They’re off to the rescue in a highly dangerous prototype!”

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Failson posted:

My dad died in the war, who was that?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
We're going to have The Sex! :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

We're going to have The Sex! :v:

The Wife is sure going to be happy to see The Me :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Now boys, in all fairness I should tell you that occasionally the North Vietnamese will shoot back.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

According to themselves, the Air Force is a bunch of leather-faced, not so bright, and heavy drinking goat-witted speed freaks who poop in their pants and can't make it with women, right?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

What if there was a war, and nobody acted?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
John Glenn Sings the Great Love Songs.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Narsham posted:

I will also never look at stairs the same way again.

(Also the riff spoiled above has appeared in S11.)

I meant that between Cry Wilderness and The Brain, that's a great recurring riff.

Also, I think I laughed hardest at "Hi, I'm Knifey!"

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
~Poopie-suit~

Starfighters is easily one of my favorite episodes. I love the horrible grinders that test their willpower.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
"Welcome to the Rainbow Gathering! Peace is possible in our life---AAAAAGHHH!" :supaburn:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

~Poopie-suit~

Starfighters is easily one of my favorite episodes. I love the horrible grinders that test their willpower.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"Welcome to the Rainbow Gathering! Peace is possible in our life---AAAAAGHHH!" :supaburn:

"If we're ever attacked by a white rectangle, the Air Force has it covered."

"Refueling is a beautiful, natural thing that is nothing to mock."

Oh and the overarching "Crow gets on the information superhighway" bits probably strike a cord with anyone who had a computer in the early 90's. Great stuff.

Being a broken, strange little man, I can't go a day without watching MST3K. Last night I tried to get through The Crawling Hand again. It would have been a great movie for later seasons. I didn't finish it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's the anniversary of the day the Mads conked a certain young temp worker on the noggin and shot him into space as the sleepy-eyed guy's replacement. Cue many laughs and the most vicious on-line flamewar ever to be waged over the host of a cow-town puppet show ever.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Failson posted:

Oh and the overarching "Crow gets on the information superhighway" bits probably strike a cord with anyone who had a computer in the early 90's. Great stuff.

Good lord yes. One of the things that just cemented me as an MST3K fan was reading how they'd wire up the PCs at Best Brains and have Doom LAN parties. :hellyeah:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Good lord yes. One of the things that just cemented me as an MST3K fan was reading how they'd wire up the PCs at Best Brains and have Doom LAN parties. :hellyeah:

Also Mike and Jim Mallon would spend hours dueling each other in Attack Sub 688.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

It's the anniversary of the day the Mads conked a certain young temp worker on the noggin and shot him into space as the sleepy-eyed guy's replacement. Cue many laughs and the most vicious on-line flamewar ever to be waged over the host of a cow-town puppet show ever.

Come on, TV's Frank is the superior side man. The first guy just didn't have Frank's friendly demeanor...

Wait, we're not talking about the same thing...

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Failson posted:

"If we're ever attacked by a white rectangle, the Air Force has it covered."

"Refueling is a beautiful, natural thing that is nothing to mock."

Being a broken, strange little man, I can't go a day without watching MST3K. Last night I tried to get through The Crawling Hand again. It would have been a great movie for later seasons. I didn't finish it.

For whatever reason the two riffs that make me laugh just thinking about them from Crawling Hand are the fight in the Malt Shop ("No Zombies, not allowed! No Strangling...music's cool though") and whoever shouted out "HI I'M ROLAND GIFT FROM THE FINE YOUNG CANNIBAAAAAAALS!" in response to Joel saying the main character now looks like Roland Gift just because of how goofy that voice is. I really liked Crawling Hand despite the obvious roughness of Season 1, though I first saw it when I'd maybe only seen 6 or so episodes thanks to tapes\DVDs so that might have something to do with it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Crow dancing to the hold music while he waits for tech support is the best thing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cemetry Gator posted:

Come on, TV's Frank is the superior side man. The first guy just didn't have Frank's friendly demeanor...

The merits of Frank versus Bobo/Brain Guy have been debated, but not nearly so hotly.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cemetry Gator posted:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

I hope the Netflix voice for Tom Servo got a banner like this.

He really did a great job and deserves recognition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

both baron vaughn and hampton yount are excellent additions to the bot lineage