Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Awww, I was hoping double candy would apply to trades too at least. My beldum CD was spent internationally and I was looking forward to trading the low IV ones for fat stacks o candy when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I completed almost every challenge except for the 8 stops just by using lures and sitting at work using berrys on the first 108 and then turning on my Gotcha for the second. I guess I’ll drive to the one neighboring town I rarely go to tomorrow to try to find 8 stops I’ve never spun, but even though I don’t go to that city very often, I’m pretty sure I’ve hit every stop there at some point in the past two years. I guess if that doesn’t work, on the weekend I can drive 1-2 hours to one of the bigger cities around, but I’m pretty sure I’ve hit all of the stops around there too, or at least in the areas I’m familiar with. I mean, it’s only 8 stops. How hard could it really be?

Actually, only 7 stops because I finally drove up a private drive I’ve usually ignored to hit a weird pokestop that’s taunted me for a while now.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 24, 2018

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Furnaceface posted:

"Fun? In our game?? Cant have that!"

When did Blizzard acquire Niantic? :v:

Wait, people think it's fun to crack a lucky egg and spend half an hour evolving and trashing pidgeys?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheMaestroso posted:

Wait, people think it's fun to crack a lucky egg and spend half an hour evolving and trashing pidgeys?

These are the same people who think it's fun to endlessly breed Pokémon until they get perfect EVs, IVs, and Natures in the games.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

TheMaestroso posted:

This is all I could think about. I totally used lucky egg evolves to level but god drat was it annoying and it is totally unnecessary now with friendship.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

TheEye posted:

Saw the Shadow Ball news immediately after it was fixed but before it was reported as such. Wasted 5 TMs. :(

Oh shi, was that fake news? drat man, I did the same thing you did

Nyn
Oct 23, 2018
Is this game still actively going and being updated? I'll have to hatch some eggs when I go on a run every morning!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Crosspeice posted:

Visit 8 new Pokestops

Lol, so after everyone threw the "visit 3 new pokestops" field research tasks in the trash as soon as they saw it, now they made the poo poo quest mandatory.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Nyn posted:

Is this game still actively going and being updated? I'll have to hatch some eggs when I go on a run every morning!

Don't run too fast, max speed for incubating eggs is 10.5 km/h :geno:

Yes, the game is still being updated. Gen 4 was released a couple of weeks ago and Halloween events started a few hours ago.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Vandar posted:

I might be able to do the 'use 108 berries' thing, if I'm really drat lucky with the limited number of Pokestops in my area.

But hah. Ahaha. Ahahahahaha gently caress catching 108 Pokemon before the week is up. There's no way I'll be able to do that after spending all week forging for berries. :argh:

One of my friends just completed the entire research tonight so it's possible. Helps a ton if you have a gotcha or go +(and live in a reasonably populated area ofc)

In other news, I was one of the lucky people who happened to see the alert that you could get shadow ball again during what, the 5-10 minute window? Changed about 5 on each account to it, including my recently acquired hundred :swoon:

Nyn posted:

Yes, but get yourself a go-tcha so you don't have to keep the game screen on to count distance/hatch eggs. I catch 30-50 pokemon on a 30 minute run, including a 96% shiny Wailmer the other day(mostly you get trash but that's great for stardust).

Now that Mewtwo is gone from raids, how did everyone do? I ended up with a catch rate of 115/119. Not bad. Of course the best one my main saw was the only one that ran for that account(a 98, RIP)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I went to TM Mewtwo as soon as I heard the Shadow Ball news. I had 11 TMs, it failed to use it, crashed my game, and when I re-loaded I had 5 TMs left.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Psychobabble! posted:

Now that Mewtwo is gone from raids, how did everyone do? I ended up with a catch rate of 115/119. Not bad. Of course the best one my main saw was the only one that ran for that account(a 98, RIP)

30/32.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
1/2

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I got a team of six Mewtwo. 6/6 all in all.

Good enough imo.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

0/1 :(

Just started again a couple weeks ago, whoops.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

Kirios, I’m Epilepi89 in your friends list and we’re hitting Ultra friends soon, let me know if you want to coordinate lucky eggs!

Just saw this - sorry for the delay. Hell yeah lets coordinate eggs. How close are we exactly?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Someone on my discord said the encounter for the catch 108 is the spiritomb, so spinning the stops is only necessary for the xp and items for finishing the line.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Can confirm, caught the second batch of 108 and boy showed up. No spinning of Stops required.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 24, 2018

The Bible
May 8, 2010

slave to my cravings posted:

30 raids and you didn’t catch any? H...how?

I suck at curve balls and always manage to throw them right as the rear end in a top hat jumps or blocks.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Am loving the spoopy event and all this candy. No luck with shinies yet but I got a perfect Shuppet which is pretty sweet.

Managed to do 3 Giratina raids today, caught 2 in the high 80's but the the 93 ran on me :negative:

Also 100k till I hit 37, so close to being halfway to 40... :shepicide:

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I'm 54/58 on Mewtwos. It was a good run and I definitely went harder because of how much I liked him as a kiddo. I managed to change my 98% to Shadow Ball yesterday during the 10-15 minutes where the bug was live, along with a recently caught 93%, rounding out a team of four 89%+ Level 40 Shadow Ball Mewtwos. I'm pretty happy with that!

Managed to do five Giratina raids yesterday and one is really high CP (2481) without being weather boosted, which I think is consistent with another bug. I caught two CP 1917s also, which are 96% but without perfect attack, sigh.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I for one am glad that I didn't know about being able to get shadow ball on mewtwo, because I don't have any charge TMs

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
There have been literally no new stops in my area since the game was released. I really want a Spiritomb, but as a rural player I might be completely hosed.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Black Feather posted:

There have been literally no new stops in my area since the game was released. I really want a Spiritomb, but as a rural player I might be completely hosed.

You can check for sure. It's possible that dropping a few bucks on public transit could get you to a new metro, might be a good daycation to boot.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Black Feather posted:

good excuse for a road trip

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Spin x new pokestops is such a poo poo task. As field research task it's delete on sight because I'm not going to go out of my way to maybe find a stop I haven't visited before. "Maybe," because there is no way of knowing (in-game) if the area you're going to even has pokestops and also you can't see if you've visited a particular stop until you're close to it.

Also as time goes on the task gets more and more unreasonable. I hit maybe 20 stops regularly and have hit maybe a couple of hundred random stops once.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I deleted the mission previously because it had a poo poo reward, which iirc was a Ponyta. I like the “spin new stops” mission even if it means a bit of work on my part. At the very least it gives me an excuse to go run/walk around a new area.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The ‘spin {x} new Pokestops’ quests would be better if there were a way to identify which ones you’ve spun before. I’m sure there’s some nearby I haven’t been to but hosed if I know which ones.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Look for the white circle around the stop.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I've heard on Twitter that you only need to do the catch the 108 Pokemon task to get Spiritomb (it's the reward for the task), not the whole tier.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Croccers posted:

I've heard on Twitter that you only need to do the catch the 108 Pokemon task to get Spiritomb (it's the reward for the task), not the whole tier.

Can confirm. You need to spin the 8 new stops to get to the final reward (3 x 1080xp), but you can catch Spiritomb without doing that.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Psychobabble! posted:

As a more casual kind of a player, I only caught 7. I did 9 raids and legitimately missed one, but another one bugged me out of the catch screens. :sigh:

However, out of the 7 I caught, one was a 100%, one was 96% weather boosted, two were 91%, and one was 89%. (The other two were 80 and 73)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Ubergnu, not sure if you post here or not, but we're going to become best friends tomorrow. You're level 40 so not sure if you care or not.

As an aside, I've enjoyed lots of your Swedish pokemon.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Pro tip; don't use curve balls when trying to get the 108 berries unless you have tons of mons available. You can use multiple berries per mon if they break out and I tested to make sure and they all count.

So throwing a ton of nanabs and straight regulars is the best thing to do but who keeps those? Woops

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Noxville posted:

The ‘spin {x} new Pokestops’ quests would be better if there were a way to identify which ones you’ve spun before. I’m sure there’s some nearby I haven’t been to but hosed if I know which ones.

if there's a halo around it then you haven't spun it before

here's an example:

they fortunately made it pretty obvious which ones are new

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Kirios posted:

Just saw this - sorry for the delay. Hell yeah lets coordinate eggs. How close are we exactly?

PMed you.

IcePhoenix and whoever is trevorfreznik we’re also within a couple days of Ultra Friends so let me know if you want to coordinate lucky eggs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm Trevor reznik but don't care about XP so pop it whenever, buddy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Epi Lepi posted:

PMed you.

IcePhoenix and whoever is trevorfreznik we’re also within a couple days of Ultra Friends so let me know if you want to coordinate lucky eggs.

Nah I'm good, just stop sending me gifts (and make sure you're opening mine :v:) so I don't accidentally pop it by opening one

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Cool, cool thanks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
24/35 on Mewtwos. Best I got was a 96%, and managed to drop Shadow Ball onto it during the short window the glitch worked!