Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

swimsuit posted:

should i bother reading the bloodborne games thread or just play

im jelly that you get to experience one of the most amazing games ever for the first time, don't ruin it by using a guide. also dont read games in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Games forum is about learned helplessness in video games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I actually think it's like a FOMO insecurity. So much of goon culture is about figuring out how to get Optimal Enjoyment out every single food, product, and activity, so trying a new game without knowing that is anxiety-provoking. Basically they need someone to say "got the Hunter Axe? Great. Now throw that poo poo away!" before they start playing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*Imp mind internally doing battle with Games mind* Haha. Wait, so the Hunter axe is bad then, or...?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I hope someone localises Disaster Report 4+

:hai:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

net cafe scandal posted:

*Imp mind internally doing battle with Games mind* Haha. Wait, so the Hunter axe is bad then, or...?

Is it the cane whip? Because that's the best weapon in the game :colbert:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I still haven't cleared Bloodborne and I think it's both a shame I haven't experienced it and I'm happy that I still have unexplored sections of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope someone localises Disaster Report 4+

Me too

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
there's this one part in City Shrouded with Shadow where it makes you move a couple boxes with a forklift to progress and the path-critical boxes all trigger cuts that automatically move/shift the boxes for you because if you try to lift anything manually it'll vibrate through the floor or your forklift will launch into the air and kill you for no reason

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I actually think it's like a FOMO insecurity. So much of goon culture is about figuring out how to get Optimal Enjoyment out every single food, product, and activity, so trying a new game without knowing that is anxiety-provoking. Basically they need someone to say "got the Hunter Axe? Great. Now throw that poo poo away!" before they start playing.

it's also a souls thing in general, it's one of those series that has so many secrets and great content you can miss (BB MUCH less so) so people just can't resist screaming OH AND BEFORE YOU GO HERE

i remember watching wormskull playing ds3 for the first time and randos kept coming in the chat trying to tell him exactly what to do, constantly lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't really understand people who have to 100% or minmax a game on their first playthrough

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

there's this one part in City Shrouded with Shadow where it makes you move a couple boxes with a forklift to progress and the path-critical boxes all trigger cuts that automatically move/shift the boxes for you because if you try to lift anything manually it'll vibrate through the floor or your forklift will launch into the air and kill you for no reason

Is that game as rad as it sounds?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

i don't really understand people who have to 100% or minmax a game on their first playthrough

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Len posted:

Is that game as rad as it sounds?

If you like Disaster Report then yeah, the conceit is new but it plays just like all the other games except with even more jank - it runs like poo poo, the load times are bad and there are constant cuts everywhere, the camera still sucks, etc. I wouldn't care except that it would drop to 5FPS during QTEs and kill me because my inputs were disappearing.

My main problem with it is it doesn't branch the way the main games do - in those there are multiple endings and you can influence the direction of the plot and your character depending on your choices but in this one it's pretty much just mad libs and it doesn't matter what you say or how you manage the relationship with the sidekick. It's still fun and all the choices and optional missions are as dumb as they ever were, it's just not replayable in the same way.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the only important bloodborne tip is that you get unique light and strong attacks out of backsteps (neutral stick + circle)

not that its important to beating it, but fighting stylishly is half the fun

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

swimsuit posted:

should i bother reading the bloodborne games thread or just play

Always watch several lets plays, read the trophy guide prior to playing, and bone up on the IGN reviews. THEN start gaming.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you haven’t checked the What Should I Do Before I Start This Game thread on the front page of gbs, you probs don’t know wtf is going on prologue-wise. Just saying.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you haven’t checked the What Should I Do Before I Start This Game thread on the front page of gbs, you probs don’t know wtf is going on prologue-wise. Just saying.

That’s very funny to imagine.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Thank you Sony - just want them to know I'm thinking about them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...up-of-20-games/

Battle Arena Toshinden
Cool Boarders 2
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto
Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash
Metal Gear Solid
Mr Driller
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Rayman
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Revelations: Persona
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/7787/20181029-psclassic-1.html

Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad 2
Armored Core
Ridge Racer Type 4
Intelligent Qube
Gradius Gaiden
XI [sái] (Devil Dice)
SaGa Frontier
G Darius
Jumping Flash
Super Puzzle Fighter IIX
Tekken 3
Toshinden
Biohazard (RE1) Director's Cut
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy VII International
Mr. Driller
Persona 1
Metal Gear Solid
Wild Arms

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was not expecting Persona 1 and GTA1 to be on that list

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
no crash
no spyro
no midievil
no gran turismo
no wipeout
no tony hawk
no tomba
no ff tactics or vagrant story or legend of mana or brave fencer musashi
no silent hill
no parappa
no tomb raider
no ape escape
no sotn
no twisted metal 2
no jet moto
no kings field or armored core

who is this for

elf help book fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 29, 2018

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That reminds me, I should play Vagrant Story some time

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That reminds me, I should play Vagrant Story some time

Definitely

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

no crash
no spyro
no midievil
no gran turismo
no wipeout
no tony hawk
no tomba
no silent hill
no parappa
no tomb raider
no ape escape
no sotn
no twisted metal 2
no jet moto

who is this for

theres some nice obscure games in there though that havent had HD remasters or ports, intelligent qube, super puzzle fighter, rrt4 which isnt obscure among racing game fans but probably is for general players, and i heard syphon filter was supposed to be good too. not that it really matters since nobody is buying them just to play the games it comes with

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

no crash
no spyro
no midievil
no gran turismo
no wipeout
no tony hawk
no tomba
no silent hill
no parappa
no tomb raider
no ape escape
no sotn
no twisted metal 2
no jet moto

who is this for

No analog sticks = no ape escape. Tomba would have been great though and any of the Square games you mentioned (or just Parasite Eve for the US version) would have been an improvement. Also yeah Twisted Metal sucks rear end compared to Twisted Metal 2

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should have put kula world on there. that game used to be really rare in europe

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I always enjoy Mr. Driller games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kind of a cool list, albeit weird. Like outside of RE1, FF7 and MGS1, there's no nostalgic slam dunks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nude raider

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

My friends are achievement/trophy whores who systematically 100% the game and never touch them again. It’s the most joyless process I’ve seen anyone put themselves through.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
GTA1 is such a weird bait and switch lol. I can't imagine anyone seeing that advertised on the side of the box being happy when they get home.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

GTA1 is such a weird bait and switch lol. I can't imagine anyone seeing that advertised on the side of the box being happy when they get home.

Persona 1 as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I just realized that's not the PSP remake, original persona 1 is awful lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Didn't they cut like half the game when they originally localized it. I know the PSP version is totally re-localized

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/enhance_exp/status/1056925536512102407

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I feel the whole package is a bait and switch. Who wants to play the console port of the original rainbow six? It’s aged so poorly and is only related to the modern series by name alone.

The jp list looks better but still misses some easy wins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

American McGay posted:

GTA: London would be fantastic