Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Codex Occultus posted:

Also lists the battle at the binary stars TFO as coming out twice for consoles... presumably the first one is actually the pc release.

Typo-ing on a photoshopped image. Cryptic quality.

No it doesn't. The November box lists the TFO coming out on PC and the launch of AoD on consoles while the January box is the TFO's console release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Starfleet Dental was invited to attend a celebration of some sort hosted by a fleet called the 7th Order. We were all welcomed with open arms, but the fleet leader was on an old crappy laptop and had one request: absolutely no disco balls allowed.

Below is what followed. I didn't get the beginning, when they initially freaked out and the leader was claiming the lag was going to crash his computer, but I got most of it:

https://pastebin.com/np2fwTj6

Choice quotes:

Kristen@gamer940: Dragius, Dental is a fleet of assholes that have been a thorn in the side of the game for years.

Last shadow@lastshadow#3405: Leave it to dental to shiw their asses lol

Ariez@Dandalen: i hope the lil dickbag dental dude gets banned

Kristen@gamer940: Ugh. I've despised Dental since their antics after Nimoy passed away.

Serris@cayalin#5479: i wish you all good luck, thx to the both dickheads for the headache...i´m out thx for the chance shadow but this is to much :)

Patsy Stone@captjamestturd: goddam dentalassclowns nothing better to do then harassing people

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my. I hope you reported all that foul language. :monocle:

Think of the children!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Im sure some of you remember hicks

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Can I get an SFD invite? Raiuny @raiuny

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

RIP decent dil exchange rates. It will take forever to go down thanks to the stupid scheduling of doing shitloads of sales during the Phoenix and Upgrade event.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

timjin posted:

RIP decent dil exchange rates. It will take forever to go down thanks to the stupid scheduling of doing shitloads of sales during the Phoenix and Upgrade event.
Stupid scheduling combined with more and more fleets finishing their colony grinds are kind of a perfect storm. And I'm not sure more phoenix and upgrade events are going to help - eventually all the equipment you want to use hits mk xv epic, and then what do you have to spend upgrades on?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They could also drive demand for Phoenix boxes by adding something desirable to the upper tiers of that store, but that might take effort.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The chance is already incredibly low, mind. I've been playing for years and still haven't gotten a card better than the tier with the shotgun and various other meh items.

Mostly I just melt them down into more copies of the VSS Tanius for alts.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

g0del posted:

And I'm not sure more phoenix and upgrade events are going to help - eventually all the equipment you want to use hits mk xv epic, and then what do you have to spend upgrades on?

we had a really stupid timing with the phoenix events in the second half of the year - two of them in relatively short succesion without an upgrade weekend between them so the demand for phoenix upgrades->boxes->people spend dilithium was really low as a result

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Phoenix boxes in general just don't move the needle like they used to. I think most people with dil to spend are already sitting on a pile of upgrade tokens and have already gotten or given up on everything else in the boxes. Also most colonies are either done or abandoned at this point as well so it's no longer a big dil sink either.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

and we have another dilithium weekend because gently caress you dil exchange

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lagomorphic posted:

Phoenix boxes in general just don't move the needle like they used to. I think most people with dil to spend are already sitting on a pile of upgrade tokens and have already gotten or given up on everything else in the boxes. Also most colonies are either done or abandoned at this point as well so it's no longer a big dil sink either.
Last time cryptic waited until the zen/dil rate was almost 500 before they added the phoenix boxes to fix thing. We might have a while to wait before they realize that it's screwed up again and they need another large dil sink (that people will actually use).

I think they should sell account unlocks for lockbox ships/traits/etc for large amounts of dil.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Add single character unlock orion bikinis (but for feds) to the dilithium store for 10 million dilithium.

Make this a time limited opportunity.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

What's the exchange sitting at? Cashed out at a brief peak of 280-something, wondering if I should og in to go zen-heavy again.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
286 when I did my alts this afternoon. I decided to go ahead and hit up the exchange because what else is there to do with dil? Gear? Hah, I actively avoid playing the actual game as much as I can these days. Even the token red alerts I did for marks have been removed.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

You could dump your dil into the screaming black hole that is the fleet colony.

:suicide:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
People are really chomping at the bit to unlock that Lukari... scout ship? Whatever it is, at tier 5.

The colony was a bad design because all the good poo poo people wanted is already unlocked. I wouldn't say front loaded but it's definitely mid loaded.

K-13 and the Spire are far better overall though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah but it gave us a cape.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
To the surprise of absolutely nobody, Sompek is bugged bigtime. I personally just did a timed round and enemies stopped spawning at round 10. Remaining 10+ minutes were emote & powers spam. Also the queue system is happily throwing people into instances that were completely abandoned (ie 0 ppl present) yet still exist somehow.

bcott
Dec 3, 2017

MREBoy posted:

Also the queue system is happily throwing people into instances that were completely abandoned (ie 0 ppl present) yet still exist somehow.

Instances don't immediately close once everyone leaves. The system does a periodic cleanup and the queue system tries to fill empty slots of in-progress matches. Mass abandonment of a broken event queue will lead to many open instances.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Sompek's been cancelled and replaced with a somewhat less broken Bord Red Alert weekend. Oh how exciting!

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

FYI Borg Red Alert also no longer counts for the daily bonus marks if anyone was thinking about running one.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It does give a lot of ship mastery xp though, its faster than grinding argala.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Well I got my 1 token this afternoon so I'm not totally pissed about this. The extra token will be handy as I somehow missed or didn't buy the item from the last Kobiyashi Maru event. It's nothing huge but this games tendency for GET IT NOW OR NEVER special event items is kind of annoying... and no, Phoenix boxes don't count for fixing this because all the ships I missed are top two tier token items and gently caress :rolldice: crossed with :homebrew: / :retrogames: as a method of getting them. So maybe when this comes out again I can get another extra token and be 2/3 of the way to getting back in sync. And last but not least, total :lol: / :wtc: that they managed to gently caress this event up to the point they had to pull it.

hakimashou posted:

Thank you for this ! :tipshat: I have a few ships that need XP.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

Does it still? I know it used too, but then they changed it so it gave regular amounts of ship mastery XP. If they changed it back, that would be nice of them.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

g0del posted:

Does it still? I know it used too, but then they changed it so it gave regular amounts of ship mastery XP. If they changed it back, that would be nice of them.

Ya, tholian red alert still has the xp removed but borg is great for ship mastery.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Wow so im gonna have to quit playing sto in a year or something

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-all-access-orders-2-seasons-of-star-trek-lower-decks/

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Love how they keep trying to imitate Orville.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I swear before I clicked on that I said to myself "I bet they try to copy Rick and Morty because that's popular but make it more PC / family friendly and gently caress it up".

They got the writer for Rick and Morty.

Well I doubt we'll be seeing any fist sized plant seeds shoved up ensign anuses so it's already a write off.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

DancingShade posted:

I swear before I clicked on that I said to myself "I bet they try to copy Rick and Morty because that's popular but make it more PC / family friendly and gently caress it up".

They got the writer for Rick and Morty.

Well I doubt we'll be seeing any fist sized plant seeds shoved up ensign anuses so it's already a write off.

Well I was hoping to see a transporter operator accidentally beam the Captain into the holodeck. Then to his surprise a massive orgy simulation is running of holographic images of himself and a few Ensigns.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

timjin posted:

Well I was hoping to see a transporter operator accidentally beam the Captain into the holodeck. Then to his surprise a massive orgy simulation is running of holographic images of himself and a few Ensigns.

If there isn't a scene where the new person to the crew is assigned to "mopping out the holodeck with a black light" duties I'll be very disappointed.

"So Ensign Expendible, here's the thing about the holodeck. When you go in there never, ever, take off your shoes. Trust me."

"Also burn your shoes once you're done and get a new pair from the replicator."

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 28, 2018

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It probably has a self cleaning setting like an oven.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zaodai posted:

It probably has a self cleaning setting like an oven.

Look when everyone joined this ship back when I was fresh out of the academy we all had to take turns mopping out the holodeck. If it was good enough for me then it's good enough for you Ensign.

If your holodeck mopping shift clashes with your plasma conduit scrubbing with a toothbrush shift then speak to your duty roster officer. What plasma conduit scrubbing? Oh I just added that to your duty roster.

One more word and you'll be waxing the warp nacelles outside in a space suit until the next bunch of academy graduates show up in six months.

*spits on deck*

Start by mopping that up.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 28, 2018

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Twenty three crewmen in sickbay with pelvic abscesses because someone neglected to run the auto-sterilization routine after the Tantric Bolian Cooking team-building exercise.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Look when everyone joined this ship back when I was fresh out of the academy we all had to take turns mopping out the holodeck. If it was good enough for me then it's good enough for you Ensign.

If your holodeck mopping shift clashes with your plasma conduit scrubbing with a toothbrush shift then speak to your duty roster officer. What plasma conduit scrubbing? Oh I just added that to your duty roster.

One more word and you'll be waxing the warp nacelles outside in a space suit until the next bunch of academy graduates show up in six months.

*spits on deck*

Start by mopping that up.

I think Voyager actually did have Plasma Conduit scrubbing and it was one of those menial duties used as punishment, which is one more way that Voyager is dumb and really anti-TNG even though it kept trying to be a bland TNG-2.0.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
One of my favorite episodes of Babylon 5 way back when was the episode following two maintenance crew members during their shift. There's a lot of action and drama that doesn't concern them, so it's in the periphery of the show for the most part. Basically two guys shooting the poo poo.

If they're having to hire rick and morty writers in a desperate attempt to find a new direction for the franchise, just loving kill the whole thing off.

-Edit-

I also think a lot of Star Trek fans will react badly to the premise, even with the Rick and Morty "irreverent humor". I think we've seen on STO that most pubbies use it as a way to get out of their crappy service industry realities and be a hero captain. I think the last thing these guys want to see is a future version of their current reality - expendable and invisible labor.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 28, 2018

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

More specifically its by the guy who did the TNG Season 8 twitter account

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Tunicate posted:

More specifically its by the guy who did the TNG Season 8 twitter account

That was really loving good.

https://twitter.com/TNG_S8/status/682786356494385152

https://twitter.com/TNG_S8/status/371395908878884864

https://twitter.com/TNG_S8/status/259436691914383361

https://twitter.com/TNG_S8/status/247792299818496001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The Wasteland storyline got made Romulan-only while I was in the middle of it on a Federation character. I'm glad, though, because I don't think there should be any repetition across factions before the point where they all merge, if at all possible.