Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Samurai Sanders posted:

His literal strategy, and it's working, is to lie with such frequency it overwhelms any attempt to deal with them and makes everyone who tries look incompetent. A very accurate cartoon.

lol at Trump having strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

I love that the return address says "Trump Supporters" indicating a false flag (because a real bomber wouldn't identify themselves on the envelope)

But the actual bombs had Debbie Wasserman-Schultz as the return address, indicating a false flag because of course the real bomber would identify themselves on the envelope.

https://mobile.twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1055149235723821056

Look it's whichever one lets us say that the left is the real villain

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Grape posted:

lol at Trump having strategies.
He can at least recognize what works and do it more, and this is working.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Lawman 0 posted:

the gently caress is this

As said, accurate depiction of Aust politics

Scott Morrison as Fozzie is inspired lunacy

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah it is technically a "strategy" but it's not an intentional one. It's more of a feedback loop he's experienced his whole life. It's a learned behaviour rather than a deliberate choice he's made.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Gets results, though, which is all that really matters in the end.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

U.T. Raptor posted:

My favorite part is "this was fake, but the targets deserved it".

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah this is why all the "false flag" poo poo is so disingenuous. I mean aside from it being stupid bullshit it's clearly what they WANTED to happen - why wouldn't they think it was one of their own people?

(I mean obviously the answer is they know full well it was them but they know it looks bad to be the only side actually trying to murder their enemies when they keep claiming it's the liberals who are the dangerous violent mob)
It's such a lazy, transparent mentality that requires heavy lying to either anyone who listens or, in generous cases, to one's self. Trump's supporters think this is good but don't think anyone could do it, even though they, themselves, admittedly agree with it. They'll cop to wanting to literally, actually commit murder, but when someone does they all go "literally no one who thinks like me could possibly have taken that single extra step".

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
"Get someone undocumented to"

Jesus Christmas the projection

Finally. Finally, after all this time, Carmen can tell us what she, an aging white man with decaying artistic abilities so thoroughly broken by Trump that he cannot bring himself to depict him as anything other than a skunk, is really thinking.

10 bucks says they leave in the first panel of the next strip.

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Good to see Stantis acknowledge that no one reads Prickly City

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Compared to Chuck Schumer, this is Hannibal at Cannae.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

gently caress off you drunk rapist duck

quote:

The artist doesnt know how common sense works

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was concerned my RSS feed for After Eden by Dan Lietha was broken but he really hasn't made a comic in two months.

Here's an oldie he reposted.

:shuckyes:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

These appeared on my twitter.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ted Rall posted:

Trump Goes After the Guys Who Become Girls In Order to Sue for Sex Discrimination

When the Trump Administration announced that it was considering defining "transgender" out of existence in Title IX of the Education portion of the federal Civil Rights Act, I decided to dig deeper into the practical effect of the proposed change. What was the problem exactly, that the Trumpies wanted to solve? The possibility that male-to-female transgender people could claim gender discrimination? Apparently so. Hard to imagine anyone would seriously think people would change their gender on some sort of lark.

Tags: transgender; Title IX; education; sex discrimination; LGBT; LGBTQA; balls; penises; foreskins; labia; estrogen; systemic ridicule; discrimination; violence; gaming the system; clever ruse; Donald Trump; transphobia; sexism;

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Axetrain posted:

"Only lost the election because her controller was broken" is a :master:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That Skum Shitt has some interesting ideas I tell ya what.

what?! no i only vote for him ironically!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Axetrain posted:

This is perfect.:lol:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Axetrain posted:

sled/norris 2020

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

i'm guessing this is a reference to a Lucille Ball skit

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tiberius Christ posted:

sled/norris 2020

70% of the forums is sled/norris.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Zetsubou-san posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbNcQlzV-4

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SeANMcBAY posted:

70% of the forums is sled/norris.

60% Sled, 15% Norris, 10% Snrat, 5% Fuckstein, 5% Tricker, one or two of each of the others

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Axetrain posted:

O'Malley/Tricker 2020, it's the only correct choice.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Carmen from panels 1 and 2 is drawn by a different person than panel 3 Carmen.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Ah, those celebrities like Rush Limbaugh.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ZeeToo posted:

Carmen from panels 1 and 2 is drawn by a different person than panel 3 Carmen.

Carmen's body in panels 1 and 2 is just a copy/paste with everything but the one arm flipped, also.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Even when Rall tries to pretend he actually cares about social issues that don't directly affect himself, he fucks up so badly. (Surgery is not necessary for transition.)

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Zetsubou-san posted:

Until I noticed Lucy and Ethel I thought it was a reference to that truck that spilled its cargo of metal balls.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

gently caress Ben Garrison.

Oh hey cool, a joke from 2004.

quote:

Nice to see this really exciting "common sense zone" drawn the exact same way as every other limp, lifeless background in this hellstrip

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dimebags Brain posted:

The way you know this poo poo wasn't a false flag is because Robert de Niro got one of the bombs. The only people who even remember him being mean to Trump are broke-brained MAGA chud boomers.

False flag bomber suspect = Robert De Niro ?!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Love both the did at Garrison and the Kelly Tribute

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

This Rall means well, and I don't mean to overly criticize a cartoon that has its heart in the right place. But reading this and other transgender-focused cartoons always makes me feel bad for transmen. They never exist in any of these cartoons. It's always only ever just transwomen.

The only other thing you ever get sometimes is acknowledgment from more LGBT-aware cartoonists that NB is a thing. But transmen? Never.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oobey posted:

This Rall means well, and I don't mean to overly criticize a cartoon that has its heart in the right place. But reading this and other transgender-focused cartoons always makes me feel bad for transmen. They never exist in any of these cartoons. It's always only ever just transwomen.

The only other thing you ever get sometimes is acknowledgment from more LGBT-aware cartoonists that NB is a thing. But transmen? Never.

Conservatives care more about trans women than trans men for the same reason they care more about gay dudes than lesbians: they see it as society Trying To Turn Them Gay (Get Out Of My Head, Gay Thoughts!)

You could make an argument that what they think of as "women trying to be men" doesn't seem as bad to them because who WOULDN'T want to be a man amirite, but I'm pretty sure it's primarily the gay-panic thing

As a result of this, trans women are also the subject of more pro-trans cartoons, because they're closer to the center of the argument

e: for the record I'm not trying to make the "every homophobe is a closeted gay" argument, I'm saying they're very insecure about their sexuality and their masculinity

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Extremely cursed image

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Welp, they've arrested someone w/r/t the bombings. Here is his van.

Surprised there aren't any Garrison/Branco cartoons on it.

False flag, huh

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

D.N. Nation posted:

Welp, they've arrested someone w/r/t the bombings. Here is his van.

Surprised there aren't any Garrison/Branco cartoons on it.

False flag, huh

Someone needs to photoshop that Garrison all the Trump’s mosaic into the front left window there.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

D.N. Nation posted:

False flag, huh

Of course! Because the way this whole thing has been framed, you'd EXPECT the bomber to have a van covered in Trump stickers! They're trying to portray anyone with Trump stickers on their car, and that could be you, folks, as an insane maniac! It's a total set up! This guy looked at a Bernie Sanders Facebook page once, so he's as liberal and progressive as they come!

Just read that last paragraph in a Rush Limbaugh voice and it's spoilers for his next week or so of programming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

False flag, huh

They're just gonna pivot to mental illness and move on