Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
All those boys, boys from Brazil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

not caring here posted:

Brigadieros came about because of a brazilian military dude so hopefully they can turn this whole facism thing around because those motherfuckers are delicious.

Really?

Oh man I'm so conflicted by this information.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LongDarkNight posted:

All those boys, boys from Brazil.

Das wagenphone ist ein....nuisance phone!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Brigadeiros are dope as gently caress and if you can find a brazilian place that makes them properly they can help numb the pain of existence for a little while.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1056692366470471682?s=19

Wtf CBC

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

And then they can have fun experiencing the corruption and facepalming stupidity that comes with doing business in Brazil. Only now with more fascism.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So many opportunities, especially for those Canadian companies that make the clamps where you attach one end to a car battery and the other to your victim criminal

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1056704641755504642

Gonna be a rough loving decade for those who see right-wing populist authoritarianism for the threat that it is.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1056723341028085760

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1056702382657101824

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/Pinboard/status/1056706274069491712

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:lol:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Yes but RADICAL LEFTIST ANTIFA SUPERSOLDIER CARAVAN ON OUR BORDERS. That's all anyone voting Republican will hear.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/realkylemorris/status/1056688542058008576?s=21

gdi

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Maybe 3rd time's the charm and she'll figure out the "why". :suicide:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Lmao she's gonna run and there are probably enough idiots to vote for her.

She's going to lose to the dumbest man in America again

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Lmao she's gonna run and there are probably enough idiots to vote for her.

She's going to lose to the dumbest man in America again

America is going to vote for the dumbest man in America again, yeah.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sigh.

e: like an actual, audible sigh.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

In other news:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056879122348195841

/edit:

If America doesn't overwhelmingly turn out at the polls for the midterms and absolutely crush beyond any previous known level of crushing, just :lol:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Lol it hasn't even been a week since the bombs and he's back to calling the media the enemy of the people

Edit: instead of twitter banning nazis they're going to get rid of the "like" button instead. Twitter should just loving shut down

https://twitter.com/ow/status/1056876101946015746?s=19

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 29, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Lol it hasn't even been a week since the bombs and he's back to calling the media the enemy of the people

Edit: instead of twitter banning nazis they're going to get rid of the "like" button instead. Twitter should just loving shut down

lmao

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In other news:

/edit:

If America doesn't overwhelmingly turn out at the polls for the midterms and absolutely crush beyond any previous known level of crushing, just :lol:

Well, he is telling a kind of a mirror-twisted half-truth. There is Faux news after all. They could even be considered to be a pretty major player in these end days, at least among his rabid fanbase.

As far as Clinton running again; now showing reruns of Dumb and Dumber II. Learning from mistakes sure is hard. How about taking one for the team and NOT running for prez? If the Democrats back a losing horse against Trump twice, I will form a ball of rage and fume without end. There will be no respite to the clouds of loathing emanating from the desiccated husk of my former self. I shall unleash the fury of my bowel gases in their general direction and the noxious vapours will consume the fools like caged canaries in a typhoon of sulfur hydroxide. Damp fart. HRC, JFC!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sigh.

e: like an actual, audible sigh.

It's a bit out of context, but yeah, she left a lot of wiggle room in there.

quote:

Q: We’re going to talk about 2020 in a minute. Do you want to run again?

No. No.

Q: That was a pause...

Well I’d like to be president. I think, hopefully, when we have a Democrat in the Oval Office in January of 2021, there’s going to be so much work to be done. I mean we have confused everybody in the world, including ourselves. We have confused our friends and our enemies. They have no idea what the United States stands for, what we’re likely to do, what we think is important, so the work would be work that I feel very well prepared for having been at the Senate for eight years, having been a diplomat in the State department, and it’s just going to be a lot of heavy lifting.

In the same interview her take on Lewinsky was fuckin' rough.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That paragraph sure sounds like she's thought about it a lot.

Ladies and gentlemen, there's your Democratic frontrunner for 2020.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Q: Do you want to run for President again?

A: No, but I'd like to be and also here is my resume. *Sips from a glass of water and pushes a small stack of papers across the table*

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Mark my words, Clinton will run for office from beyond the grave.

2032: Zombie Clinton vs Cyber-Trump

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In other news:

/edit:

(:ssh: they've already prepped for that, and the machines are already loving rigged in a bunch of states :ssh:)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol why do people keep fantasizing about her running again, and why do people keep jamming cameras in her face and asking "WHEN ARE YOU GONNA RUN AGAIN"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

lol why do people keep fantasizing about her running again, and why do people keep jamming cameras in her face and asking "WHEN ARE YOU GONNA RUN AGAIN"

ratings

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This bad behavior on Twitter's part isn't a new development anymore, it's the status quo. I stopped supporting them and deleted my twitter account.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FAUXTON posted:

Because Fox News needs a boogyman for GOP Mad-Libs.

"CROOKED HILLARY COMING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AND DESTROY CHRISTMAS FOR A ANTIFA SINGLE MOTHER ISLAMIC WELFARE QUEEN MEMORIAL IN CHICAGO."

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Dumbocrats

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Why the hell do people keep buying it and freaking the hell out though?

It's like seeing the chud part of someone's brain turn on in text form, pavlovian poo poo or what have you. Someone posts a back-row video of her saying "I'm not running again, no" and invariably there's 5 people with scorcher takes on why that comma-no part means she's absolutely running again.

BigDave posted:

Because Fox News needs a boogyman for GOP Mad-Libs.

"CROOKED HILLARY COMING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AND DESTROY CHRISTMAS FOR A ANTIFA SINGLE MOTHER ISLAMIC WELFARE QUEEN MEMORIAL IN CHICAGO."

I don't think the people posting about it in this thread are big fans or even willing viewers of FNC.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Why the hell do people keep buying it and freaking the hell out though?

It's like seeing the chud part of someone's brain turn on in text form, pavlovian poo poo or what have you. Someone posts a back-row video of her saying "I'm not running again, no" and invariably there's 5 people with scorcher takes on why that comma-no part means she's absolutely running again.

Probably because people are traumatized and expect the worst from a party that gleefully meets that expectation over and over again

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fallom posted:

Probably because people are traumatized and expect the worst from a party that gleefully meets that expectation over and over again

this

also :justpost:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Her time has passed, and there's no way she'd get through a primary battle.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

SlightlyMad posted:

Well, he is telling a kind of a mirror-twisted half-truth. There is Faux news after all. They could even be considered to be a pretty major player in these end days, at least among his rabid fanbase.

As far as Clinton running again; now showing reruns of Dumb and Dumber II. Learning from mistakes sure is hard. How about taking one for the team and NOT running for prez? If the Democrats back a losing horse against Trump twice, I will form a ball of rage and fume without end. There will be no respite to the clouds of loathing emanating from the desiccated husk of my former self. I shall unleash the fury of my bowel gases in their general direction and the noxious vapours will consume the fools like caged canaries in a typhoon of sulfur hydroxide. Damp fart. HRC, JFC!

There is no losing horse in this race. It's not a horse race. One one side, you have Donald Trump, and on the other side, you have whatever the gently caress you need to vote for.

Americans either come out and vote against Trump, or they deserve literally anything that happens. If the DNC fucks up some more and they get a lovely candidate, tough poo poo, vote for that candidate. If candidates tear themselves apart in the primaries and some lovely candidate is the last one to emerge, tough loving poo poo, vote.

In any other in the history of this dumb world, I'd probably take let myriad of excuses that were fielded afterwards go, but there was Trump and Hillary, and half the country went "meh" and stayed on the couch. Yeah, campaigns need to market to the voter, but at the end of the day, I feel like it's a civic duty to vote in a democracy, and in 2016, fewer the voting-age population came out to vote than in two thousand loving four, when there was only, oh, a bunch of foreverwars to vote on.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Theyve been trying to get less and less people voting for years

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Also saying "America was always great!" and pushing milktoast half-measures while BLM activists get murdered in the streets, corporations suck anyone not a billionaire dry of their value, and our dead gay planet becomes more dead and less gay does wonders for voter enthusiasm.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Theyve been trying to get less and less people voting for years

The fact that GOP members in electoral positions are actively disenfranchising voters definitely puts more pressure on the Democrats to put up nominees that will get people to check their registration, fight to renew it, and actually go out to the polls and vote in spites of whatever racist assault rifle wavers stand in their way. "At least it's not Trump" isn't enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

There is no losing horse in this race. It's not a horse race. One one side, you have Donald Trump, and on the other side, you have whatever the gently caress you need to vote for.

Americans either come out and vote against Trump, or they deserve literally anything that happens. If the DNC fucks up some more and they get a lovely candidate, tough poo poo, vote for that candidate. If candidates tear themselves apart in the primaries and some lovely candidate is the last one to emerge, tough loving poo poo, vote.

In any other in the history of this dumb world, I'd probably take let myriad of excuses that were fielded afterwards go, but there was Trump and Hillary, and half the country went "meh" and stayed on the couch. Yeah, campaigns need to market to the voter, but at the end of the day, I feel like it's a civic duty to vote in a democracy, and in 2016, fewer the voting-age population came out to vote than in two thousand loving four, when there was only, oh, a bunch of foreverwars to vote on.

Vote.

Vote anybody (but Anger Mango). That much we can agree. HRC would have been a better president. It's just that given the dumb fuckery the DNC went through last time in her favor and the brainworm pandemic the Faux News network and el Presidente have gotten the USA into lately, I have low hopes of the Dems learning from past mistakes. To a lot of Americans HRC represents a bogeyman. Her running directly benefited Trump last time. The low voter turnout happened for a lot of reasons, this time has got to be different.

If you have a vote, use it. Keep your eyes peeled for voting machine irregularities and other such poo poo. The rest of the world is watching you guys. Be the bastion of democracy again.

• Locked thread