Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

he says that even if you don't close all the drawers

Qubee posted:

I left all the drawers open lmao, nothing happened. story missions are usually pretty safe. though I did threaten the sleeping dude with a knife and then knocked him out.

Well that blows. I guess it counted toward gold mission completion, because I really truly and deeply care about that (lmao)?? Game poo poo -10/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kalsco posted:

Well that blows. I guess it counted toward gold mission completion, because I really truly and deeply care about that (lmao)?? Game poo poo -10/10.

I went in the back of the house, start searching through a drawer in that room, and all of a sudden the dude is standing behind me like what the gently caress are you doing. So I kill him then took my time looting the house and stole the wagon. The fence mentioned it later and my guy was like yeah poo poo happens.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I’m going to be so loving pissed if this game literally causes me to get malaria in real life.

I’ve been posting in this thread about all the effort I’ve gone to to get a copy of the game while working in India. I thought I was home free today when I finally was able to get access to a 4G hotspot. The speed is decent, averaging 15 to 20 mbp/s, but only if I leave the very solid door to my room open. Otherwise it can’t maintain a download.

Cut to 20 minutes ago, with the download at 40% and I find 3 mosquitos buzzing around my loving face. I didn’t start taking my anti-malaria pills since I’m on a really nice campus and had barely seen any insects, let alone a mosquito.

I don’t think I was bitten, but goddamn this game better be worth it.

You absolute loving idiot. The game ain't the one giving your dumb rear end malaria

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Calaveron posted:

You absolute loving idiot. The game ain't the one giving your dumb rear end malaria

lol

moms friend from work
Mar 28, 2010
I'M THE WURST
I was trying so hard to be an honorable cowpoke, and then I found out you can do the dead-eye draw from duels on anybody, anytime. Arthur has become the most untepentant highwayman to ever terrorize the roadways. :clint:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

esperterra posted:

I have a weird bug atm where Arthur's head is just constantly turned to the right lmao

had the same bug and it bothered me enough to quit and restart

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

moms friend from work posted:

I was trying so hard to be an honorable cowpoke, and then I found out you can do the dead-eye draw from duels on anybody, anytime. Arthur has become the most untepentant highwayman to ever terrorize the roadways. :clint:

I ran into some Odriscolls robbing a stage coach. I dismounted and began lightly pressing r2 as they pointed a shotgun at me telling me to get out. Deadeye shot them both in the face beautifully and twirled my gun away all without having Arthur say a single word. It was beautiful

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
How do you get the Hatchet and Guns from GTA V?

I also cannot get my pre-order stuff. I am on chapter 4 now and the War Horse still isn't in the stables and I didn't get the supplies or cash either. My code redeemed and shows on my account.

At this point I am not sure if any of that is going to matter for me as I have a good horse and so much cash and supplies. I pretty much have everything in camp upgraded and have $1000 on hand.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
After days and days of playing I only just realised the general store sells clothes and outfits.

I thought it was a useless store.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Yeah I also lost the Schofield and I'm pissed. I thought these guns stayed on your saddle?

Has anyone done the sharpshooter challenge? I'm at the point where it wants me to kill 6 animals without reloading but it doesn't seem to register kills. I'm either doing it too fast or not fast enough but it's annoying as gently caress.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Trastion posted:

How do you get the Hatchet and Guns from GTA V?

I also cannot get my pre-order stuff. I am on chapter 4 now and the War Horse still isn't in the stables and I didn't get the supplies or cash either. My code redeemed and shows on my account.

At this point I am not sure if any of that is going to matter for me as I have a good horse and so much cash and supplies. I pretty much have everything in camp upgraded and have $1000 on hand.

The War Horse is named Ardennes, it's type is listed as War Horse

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Now that I can dual wield, first order of business was upgrading my pistols. So I walked across the street and robbed the doctor and his backroom, took the Schofield from the lockbox in back and looted the safe. I only had a $26 bounty as the lawmen shouted outside and I intended to surrender, but it wouldn’t let me. So I ran out north toward Mary’s place, whistling to get my horse to follow. Well they chased me for a while but I got away, circled back to town and surrendered to the sheriff. Then Dutch comes in with a cover story and springs my rear end at no cost. We split up and I head across the street to the gunshop and buy another Schofield.

A few clicks later and both are fully decked out in gold, one with an ebony grip, the other with pearl. Symbolism for the battle raging in Arthur’s heart, y’see. Time to ride.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

moms friend from work posted:

whoa what do you just do the light press thing? also how do you flourish your weapon

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

rap music posted:

whoa what do you just do the light press thing? also how do you flourish your weapon

at any time you can light press r2 to enter into duel mode (basically deadeye without having to aim your gun first). and you double tap L1 to do a sweet gun flip back into your holster

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Lid posted:

The War Horse is named Ardennes, it's type is listed as War Horse

I know that and it is not listed in the stable. I did find a PSN thread where people are saying that it is broken (for some at least). It's like the redemption code isn't working. I will try some suggestions they had in there when I get home tonight though.

Having a blast with the game even though I suck at dueling.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
My Arthur has become a serial killer because it's so profitable and the matriarch type at the camp keeps complaining about me killing innocents. Also, if you're ever in Strawberry, rent a room and watch Arthur have a depressing conversation with the mirror.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

ravenkult posted:

Yeah I also lost the Schofield and I'm pissed. I thought these guns stayed on your saddle?

Did you get killed around the same time you lost the Schofield?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

elpaganoescapa posted:

My Arthur has become a serial killer because it's so profitable and the matriarch type at the camp keeps complaining about me killing innocents. Also, if you're ever in Strawberry, rent a room and watch Arthur have a depressing conversation with the mirror.

yeah seriously i wish i could kill her and loot her corpse

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Holy poo poo I had no idea the game was teaching me to quick draw any time I like. I feel like a moron and I've also hosed up so many great opportunities for cinematic badassery.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the springfield rifle is bad rear end

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

the springfield rifle is bad rear end

I accidentally bought this and tried reloading, to no avail. But after trying it my regrets are dropping. It's a good replacement to the varmint.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I somehow managed to lose my carbine repeater, but thankfully I still have my Lancaster repeater that I think I got when I visited the basement of the gunshop in I think St Denis.

There is just some really strange stuff happening in the game and a lot of it has a sad story behind the disturbing scene in front of you.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm kinda sad that npcs no longer seem to suffer horrible wounds in fights. I remember them crawling around on the floor bleeding out in the first game but they just seem to fall over and die in this.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Communist Bear posted:

I accidentally bought this and tried reloading, to no avail. But after trying it my regrets are dropping. It's a good replacement to the varmint.

It better be considering the varmint rifle shoots .22 ammo while the Springfield uses either .45 or .50 ammo depending on the model.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the carbine repeater with a distance ironsight is also cool as gently caress.

this game is really good at making feel like a dick : so i receive a letter from the ex, i see her and she ask for help for saving her brother from some weird cult. i already found the heavens gate cabin so i tought to myself lady your brother is already dead. also i crossed my mind exaclty the things that arthur told her.

hemale in pain posted:

I'm kinda sad that npcs no longer seem to suffer horrible wounds in fights. I remember them crawling around on the floor bleeding out in the first game but they just seem to fall over and die in this.

try to shoot someone in his neck

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 30, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

hemale in pain posted:

Try using lower caliber weapons, it helps with not instakilling them when you shoot them in the toe. Granted, it's hard to see when you are in the middle of a firefight.

Or just run around with a bow and shoot deer, chase them down as they bleed out, you monster

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pistol whipping someone to death is really gnarly

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Elerion posted:

One complaint I still have is that the wildlife exhibition collection quests are ridiculously specific in their requirements. The first one tells you to get a perfect rabbit and a perfect squirrel. I happened to get a perfect rabbit while riding, so I figured I might as well complete it. I had no idea what I was getting myself into

same happened to me lmao, but heads up, really small game that you pocket in your satchel don't rot AFAIK, so you can grab those first and then get the game you hang on your horse.

Enderzero posted:

Now that I can dual wield, first order of business was upgrading my pistols. So I walked across the street and robbed the doctor and his backroom, took the Schofield from the lockbox in back and looted the safe. I only had a $26 bounty as the lawmen shouted outside and I intended to surrender, but it wouldn’t let me. So I ran out north toward Mary’s place, whistling to get my horse to follow. Well they chased me for a while but I got away, circled back to town and surrendered to the sheriff. Then Dutch comes in with a cover story and springs my rear end at no cost. We split up and I head across the street to the gunshop and buy another Schofield.

A few clicks later and both are fully decked out in gold, one with an ebony grip, the other with pearl. Symbolism for the battle raging in Arthur’s heart, y’see. Time to ride.

wtf man same, I have one white and one black schofield, and they mirror each other. so white with black inlay, and black with white inlay, and then the hammer, ironsights and trigger also mirror the other revolver. it looks great but I don't really notice it unless I'm examining them, which kinda sucks.

DoctorGonzo posted:

does this make their jaw tear off? cause I swear I remember seeing people posting about ripping jaws off when they pistol whip, but I've never noticed it.

also, DO NOT gently caress AROUND IN LEMOYNE, Saint Denis is also a real easy place to get a bounty. can't move two inches without bumping into some city slicker and then all hell breaking loose. I got a $20 bounty in Saint Denis, tried to escape but there's lawmen crawling out the god drat gutters, so I had to shoot my way out or else I'd die / lose my horse (I tried to escape on foot but it was too difficult, and riding out would end up with my horse getting shot to ribbons, so I had to kill everyone, make a break for the city outskirts, then ride off on my horse). bounty jumps to $200, I escape and start exploring Lemoyne. but then I keep getting hordes of bounty hunters after me that don't piss around. 6 at a time, and they circle me, I always barely escape alive and my horse isn't built for this poo poo, so I've almost lost him a few times. right as I was about to exit Lemoyne and make a clean break to Valentine, another bounty group came at me with hunting dogs. poo poo was close.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 30, 2018

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

sometimes they aren't dead and will wake up and shoot you in the back so be sure to follow up with a point blank slug or two in the brainpan!!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the sheer variety of ways in which you can seamlessly murder people in this game is really just fantastic

Qubee
May 31, 2013

so yeah I just spent about an hour and a half gunning my way out of Lemoyne, I reckon I'll get a train in next time to surrender to the law and reset my bounty, cause the entire province is near impossible to explore due to all the bounty hunters and hunting dogs.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

I robbed a stage just east of Twin Stacks Pass. Killed the driver and the husband and wife who were passengers jumped out and ran. The man wouldn't stop, despite my threats and firing warning shots in the air, so I shot him in the back of the head. The wife stopped, but then ran again in the commotion. I shot her in the upper thigh and she proceeded to limp along, leaving a trail of blood, until I finished her with a second shot. It was a brutal, gory scene that but my worries similar to yours to rest.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

oh i'm now maxed out dishonourable and I don't give a poo poo, game is way more fun when you stop caring about honour and just go crazy every once in a while. looking back, it was so boring having to pussyfoot around everywhere to not get honour hits, and it was especially painful when you got an honour hit for something totally out of your control. so gently caress it, being an evil man is great. i love using my double barrel shotgun to blow someone's head clean off if they so much as look at me the wrong way. robbing people on long journeys also helps break up the monotony of riding.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I hunted down the first two treasures, which resulted in two dead horses. I'm trying to be honorable but man they make you feel the pain when you aint got no horse in the wilderness. Luckily I spooked a stranger who was fixing a horse shoe and his horse killed him for me.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

although i haven't tried it, it doesn't seem like being friendly in this game gives you anything

i still have access to all the stranger quests so far as I can tell even though im a complete bastard outside of them

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Qubee posted:

oh i'm now maxed out dishonourable and I don't give a poo poo, game is way more fun when you stop caring about honour and just go crazy every once in a while. looking back, it was so boring having to pussyfoot around everywhere to not get honour hits, and it was especially painful when you got an honour hit for something totally out of your control. so gently caress it, being an evil man is great. i love using my double barrel shotgun to blow someone's head clean off if they so much as look at me the wrong way. robbing people on long journeys also helps break up the monotony of riding.

can you enter cities? can you even enter a bar and take a drink?

I like being a do-good in games, but here is getting too much in the way and make a slow game even slower. On top of the times where I am unfairly hunted for the crime of defending myself from bandits.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

rap music posted:

although i haven't tried it, it doesn't seem like being friendly in this game gives you anything

i still have access to all the stranger quests so far as I can tell even though im a complete bastard outside of them

being good gets you shop discounts and certain outfits that you can only buy when your honour reaches a certain level, but the grind for honour is insane, it takes like 5 good acts to outweigh 1 bad act, or at least that's how it seems. and being good is so boring, gently caress doing camp chores, donating stuff to the ledger doesn't give a big boost, and helping strangers on the side of the road, only for them to rob you, results in honour loss when you defend yourself and kill them :)

also, was funny as hell when bounty hunters spawned on top of a bridge on their horses and couldn't get down, i snapped a pic but PS4 doesn't let me upload pics to the internet, I gotta use a usb or some poo poo

Tei posted:

can you enter cities? can you even enter a bar and take a drink?

I like being a do-good in games, but here is getting too much in the way and make a slow game even slower. On top of the times where I am unfairly hunted for the crime of defending myself from bandits.

yea my dude, you can do everything a good person does, just better. it's more fun. you don't get gunned down on the street like a dog for having low honour. i dunno if it affects storyline events or anything, but people still treat me the same, if i greet someone, they greet me back.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

DoctorGonzo posted:

the carbine repeater with a distance ironsight is also cool as gently caress.

this game is really good at making feel like a dick : so i receive a letter from the ex, i see her and she ask for help for saving her brother from some weird cult. i already found the heavens gate cabin so i tought to myself lady your brother is already dead. also i crossed my mind exaclty the things that arthur told her.

That's a different cult than what she's talking about.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I have tried to be a good guy and it sucks. One time I saved a stagecoach from being robbed by bandits, and tied them up rather than shooting them. On a whim i threw one on the back of my horse and decided to take him to jail for his crimes. Three mins later I am riding through town and get gunned down for kidnapping the dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i tried to do something good once by way of a camp chore

i cancelled it about 3 seconds in when i realized it would take me longer to move a bale of hay than it would to rob a train