Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
A Page Master/Puppet Master/Wishmaster mash-up would be amazing

edit: gently caress, why do my page snipes suck so bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

enigmahfc posted:

A Page Master/Puppet Master/Wishmaster mash-up would be amazing

edit: gently caress, why do my page snipes suck so bad?

The mark of a true shitposter

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Ror posted:

I've never seen Wishmaster either so the first thing my mind went to when I saw the title was Macaulay Culkin dicking around with some cartoon books.

I’ve called in that movie like 3 times now for Listener Request Month

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Excited to hear that they're doing The Cat in the Hat next week. It's an episode I've been hoping they'd do for a long time because it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
If I remember correctly, Cat in the Hat was SO bad that Seuss’ widow now forbids any further live action adaptions of his work.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
It sure was! The Seuss family had a bit more control over some of the other adaptations (and Dr. Seuss himself had a hand in a lot of the Chuck Jones productions), but for whatever reason the people behind "The Cat in the Hat" got basically free rein and just did whatever the gently caress they wanted, especially Mike Myers. And this was when Myers was a force to be reckoned with, since he'd just done the third "Austin Powers" movie (which somehow was the highest grossing one) and the first "Shrek". This was five years before "The Love Guru" put a massive dent in his career.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I remember flipping past channels as a kid and landing on what was probably Wishmaster 2 on Cinemax. There's one particular scene I remember vividly where a prisoner wishes that his lawyer would go gently caress himself. Cut to the lawyer talking to another potential client, and basically acting out his dong stretching into his butthole inside of his pants RIGHT NOW OH GOD.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtu3D471gK8
Worse than I remember

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Robert Denby posted:

It sure was! The Seuss family had a bit more control over some of the other adaptations (and Dr. Seuss himself had a hand in a lot of the Chuck Jones productions), but for whatever reason the people behind "The Cat in the Hat" got basically free rein and just did whatever the gently caress they wanted, especially Mike Myers. And this was when Myers was a force to be reckoned with, since he'd just done the third "Austin Powers" movie (which somehow was the highest grossing one) and the first "Shrek". This was five years before "The Love Guru" put a massive dent in his career.

You could actually say that Cat in the Hat was the first dent.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I called in Cat in the Hat for the last listener request month so I’m pretty excited about them getting to it.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

That's a great costume!

Good episode this week. I always confuse Brainscan with Wishmaster so I was hoping that there would be a character crossover. Maybe Jeremy's new internship is over at Wishmaster HQ.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The Cape Game is strong with this one

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

owns

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
drat, Eric looks h-o-t-t hott in that costume.

Also contributing to the Cat in the Hat hype train. I've seen reviews of that movie, and it makes the Jim Carrey version of the Grinch look like an all-time masterpiece.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve seen the Cat in the Hat movie, it’s really fuckin weird. Like a lot of adult innuendoes in a child’s movie for no reason weird.

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
This is just me being lazy but are the commentaries worth listening to on their own? I see another one's been released but I tend to listen to podcasts when my eyes are otherwise busy so I've never bothered with the commentaries.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Silentgoldfish posted:

This is just me being lazy but are the commentaries worth listening to on their own? I see another one's been released but I tend to listen to podcasts when my eyes are otherwise busy so I've never bothered with the commentaries.

It's kind of a weird experience, but yes. It helps if you've seen the movie so that you can approximately know what they're talking about. The Rambo one is really hard to listen to, for example, because so much of it is just commenting on the gory thing you can't see happening on screen. The Twilight ones work better, oddly, because nothing happens in Twilight.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's kind of a weird experience, but yes. It helps if you've seen the movie so that you can approximately know what they're talking about. The Rambo one is really hard to listen to, for example, because so much of it is just commenting on the gory thing you can't see happening on screen. The Twilight ones work better, oddly, because nothing happens in Twilight.

Ahem, I remember exactly two things happening in Twilight:

1) Vampire Baseball
2) The 'Everyone Dies' ending, but it was just a Jedi mind trick.
2a), for some reason while vampires can run really loving fast, they decide to go camping in the dead of winter right before the 'everyone dies' ending.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I've never seen The Cat in the Hat movie (movies? I thought there were two) but I can't believe the estate of Suess was ok with that awful Jim Carrey grinch movie either.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I've seen both and the Grinch one is worse.

Invalid Validation posted:

I’ve seen the Cat in the Hat movie, it’s really fuckin weird. Like a lot of adult innuendoes in a child’s movie for no reason weird.

The idea is that a movie has jokes only the adults would get but in Grinch those jokes are right out in the open, sticking out like a sore thumb.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No I get it they do it for kids movies but these are creepy loving innuendos. I could be wrong though it’s been a long time.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

The Grinch movie managed to have a scene involving a key party. Subtle, it is not.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Really, who was demanding that either of those movies exist?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Grinch is an easy one for the Christmas release season when nothing comes out but who knows about Cat in the Hat, probably because Grinch did good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

FewtureMD posted:

The Grinch movie managed to have a scene involving a key party. Subtle, it is not.

Plus a man kissing a dog directly in the anus

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I can already hear Chris screaming this

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Soup du Jour posted:

I can already hear Chris screaming this

I hope that they cover it this year :pray:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Calaveron posted:

The “in” here adds a level of additional intensity.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Andorra posted:

Excited to hear that they're doing The Cat in the Hat next week. It's an episode I've been hoping they'd do for a long time because it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I loving despise every cynical loving second of this loud, obnoxious piece of garbage ad I have LRMed it several times. It's one of the rare movies that makes me pace the room it's so infuriating.

Now I can finally expend my LRM energy on the Larry Cohen joint "God Told Me To" which is really something special and I'm surprised as hell that more people don't know of its' hypnotic batshit lunacy. Plus it's Andy Kaufman's screen debut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGL9Si2loco

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fart City posted:

The “in” here adds a level of additional intensity.

Talk about screwing the pooch, woof

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

Grinch is an easy one for the Christmas release season when nothing comes out but who knows about Cat in the Hat, probably because Grinch did good.

Wasn't there a Cat in the Hat musical around this time? That might have had something to do with it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The Cat in the Hat is one of those bad movies that's so tasteless and bad it would make more sense as a film if it was an attempt to freak out the squares by an avant-garde artist instead of a cynical cash-in by people who didn't care.

See also: Foodfight

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Silentgoldfish posted:

I just listened to the new nightmare on elm street one, and they actually mention there are fans that say they listen to the commentaries without watching the movie. The WHM crew joked that might be a good idea this time because the movie is so wretched.

However unless you're familiar with the movie this time, I'd definitely recommend watching along with the commentary. There are some pretty good jokes some hat related you imo wont get the full effect of unless you see it on screen. It's a good commentary track! I wish they'd do more of them.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
The Sucker Punch commentary was the only way for me to wake it through that dreadful movie. The Revenge of the Sith commentary was totally great as well, it really improves it.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

"You know what's really feminist? Watching two girls make out."

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Big Daddy Dispatch just dropped and god drat this month looks great

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE

Episode 387 — The Cat in the Hat

Episode 388 — The One (2001)

Episode 389 — Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Episode 390 — Richie Rich

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

The Nexus — TOS: "This Devil in the Dark" (s1, e25) & TNG: "The Neutral Zone" (s1, e25)

Patreon Bonus Episode for October — How the Grinch Stole Christmas

As much as I liked the Richie Rich movie as a kid, I'm looking forward to the inevitable social commentary. I wonder if they are aware of Occupy Richie Rich.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Next month has The One.
The One.
Hell yeah.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I loving love The One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU