Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

So random post game question I am hoping someone that has the guide can answer.

how the gently caress do you upgrade your bag post game? Pearson did it but he's not part of the game anymore.

Figured it out in case anyone cares.

you can just buy them for money off the fence post game and not have to get a billion crafting materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The trapper himself tells you what he sells so if you go find him in Saint Denis and then take notes of what you want, that might be best. The option shows you what everything looks like too.
Oh I know, I just figured someone else (eg one of those sites rushing to get clicks from people like me googling) would have done it. I've seen a lot of sites are just copying each others info, inaccuracies and all.
Time to write up a spreadsheet!

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

PancakeTransmission posted:

Oh I know, I just figured someone else (eg one of those sites rushing to get clicks from people like me googling) would have done it. I've seen a lot of sites are just copying each others info, inaccuracies and all.

One thing I noticed is that the camp crafting needs carcasses for some stuff and a pelt won't be enough.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Unlucky7 posted:

So I stayed behind to hunt the legendary bear after Hoseas mission in chapter 2...and promptly got mauled. Should I wait until I have a better gun?

I got jumped by the bear and insta-killed so I came back with the pump action shotgun and put 5 solid slugs into its head with deadeye.

Felt good.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

EXTREMELY SIMPLE HOW TO NOT GET ANY BOUNTIES GUIDE

Wear bandana/mask.
Do crime.
If there's more than one witness, start running, otherwise threaten or kill then. Too close to a town? Start running. Witness on horseback? Start running.
When the crime is reported you're gonna get a red circle around you. Get out of the circle before law arrives.
You did it!

PS If you commit crimes in town you're pretty much hosed. I've had luck robbing people on the back streets though.

tl;dr
If the lawmen never see you, no bounty as long as you had a mask on.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
The prompt for taming a wild horse says something like "hold L and move L the opposite way to the horse's movement"

Does it mean actually click down the left stick? I tried to tame a couple of horse's and got thrown off instantly. Either I did it wrong or maybe they were too hard to tame?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

What is Rockstar like post launch? Historically would they patch something like the bounty system?

No, but Rockstar also hasn't done poo poo for many years so who knows what they'll do now that such things are kind of expected. Leaning to no though, but there isn't really a pattern to make giving they released one game in the last decade.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

PancakeTransmission posted:

I found this one for all the trapper crafting.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/108171/trapper-guide-crafting-clothing-and-prices-red-dead-redemption-2

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So i saved a guy and he told me there is a farm near strawberry with some loot. But it seems i cant find It. Someone can help me?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Game got much more interesting towards the end of chapter 3, then very weird at the start of chapter 5. Just when I started getting into it and was thinking I was finishing it on a high note...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Game got much more interesting towards the end of chapter 3, then very weird at the start of chapter 5. Just when I started getting into it and was thinking I was finishing it on a high note...

I was pretty upset at the end of chapter five. More than I normally would be playing a game anyway.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
So I killed that legendary bear and have a huge skin. What the hell do I do with it?

I don't think I am going to bother with hunting. Doesn't strike me as essential? Also, gently caress the camp.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

henpod posted:

So I killed that legendary bear and have a huge skin. What the hell do I do with it?

There should be an icon on the map for the Trapper after you kill the bear. You can sell it to him and he will craft unique things from legendary pelts.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So I just started chapter 5, ending to chapter 4 was.. Not like I anticipated and that Lenny died is a bummer, he was the only guy Arthur really liked. He was cool. .

So can someone that finished the game tell me how long chapter 5 is gonna be, how long the rest of the game is, and if possible with no spoilers tell me if you can continue playing and doing stuff you missed after finishing? I left out a lot of side missions since the game is reaaally long, and I think I'd actually like to finish them later, and continue playing as a cowboy in a more relaxed fashion.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

henpod posted:

I don't think I am going to bother with hunting. Doesn't strike me as essential? Also, gently caress the camp.

You'll get enough money from the story to buy what you really want and hunting only really yields comedy idiot clothes. Definitely turn in the bear for a dumb bear hat though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Son of Rodney posted:

So I just started chapter 5, ending to chapter 4 was.. Not like I anticipated and that Lenny died is a bummer, he was the only guy Arthur really liked. He was cool. .

So can someone that finished the game tell me how long chapter 5 is gonna be, how long the rest of the game is, and if possible with no spoilers tell me if you can continue playing and doing stuff you missed after finishing? I left out a lot of side missions since the game is reaaally long, and I think I'd actually like to finish them later, and continue playing as a cowboy in a more relaxed fashion.

I haven't finished it but I know there is one more chapter after 5 and two "epilogue" chapters that are as long as the others. Chapter five is less open worldy. I understand you can just gently caress around and clean up once you beat the game.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im still in chapter 2, drat the game is long

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DoctorGonzo posted:

im still in chapter 2, drat the game is long

The amount of missable content is insane. Like I'm sure I've rushed and missed a lot of camp talks and other stuff like optional buddy missions and such.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Yeah I'm annoyed how quickly the white robbery icons at camp seem to disappear. I hope they come back.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

fuf posted:

Yeah I'm annoyed how quickly the white robbery icons at camp seem to disappear. I hope they come back.

I don't even know what the conditions are to do them. I did one story mission in chapter four and they never showed again.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

What is Rockstar like post launch? Historically would they patch something like the bounty system?

definitely not, rockstar's not really the type to ever admit fault in their game design

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Gay Horney posted:

Usually I would say no but the online mode will probably want a more consistent law system so it's a maybe.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where is the farm the escaped convict tells you to go after you save him?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dammit, somehow I lost the free gun at the gunsmith after that stranger mission. I couldn't redeem it for the broomhandle, so I thought I'd hold onto it. Now I just had to buy a blinged out gold colored varmint rifle.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

where is the farm the escaped convict tells you to go after you save him?

if you're talking about the one you shot the shackles off of, it's at the extreme south end of the map, south of Rhodes

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Question regarding bounties:
Is it ever possible to kill a lawman without getting identified?
From what I can tell, it seems like even if you're thoroughly disguised and they start with "Wanted: Unknown Suspect", the law will immediately peg you as Arthur Morgan once you shoot one of them, even if only one lawman sees you and you then kill him.
That right?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im at the rob a train mission with john in chapter 2. how long is this chapter?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

JBP posted:

I don't even know what the conditions are to do them. I did one story mission in chapter four and they never showed again.

Just googled and apparently these are tied to the tips you get from the random encounters where you help prisoners escape.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

DoctorGonzo posted:

im at the rob a train mission with john in chapter 2. how long is this chapter?

You're wrapping it up soon.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

grissenko posted:

I have been searching like crazy trying to see if there is anything about the dlc not being available in game. I'm in chapter 2, my stuff is downloaded and installed, I've restarted (a few times), I have access to the stable, etc., etc. Not a single thing in the preorder or special edition dlc are available. Has anyone seen/heard anything about this?

I had this problem and I had to go into my Library on the PS4, go to Playstation Store from within there and find the game. Then select it, it will show you the DLC and say that it is installed. At the top left there is a little weird download symbol. Click that and it should download it again and reinstall it. I had to click it a few times until it told me that it is already installed. Then go into the game.

I also went back to Valentine to that stable as someone in the PSN thread said that was the only stable the horse shows up in initially. I am not sure if that is true but it was there for me after the above.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Oxxidation posted:

definitely not, rockstar's not really the type to ever admit fault in their game design

It depends if something is actually broken or people just don't like it.

Also I saw this game had a bigger opening weekend than the Infinity War movie, and only lagged behind GTA 5 in sales because that launched on a Tuesday and this launched on Friday.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I was playing it fairly honorable, and then at some point Id had enough of people throwing shade as I rode by them and something inside Arthur snapped. The next person that rode by and wasnt polite got his leg physically blown off. I picked up how bowler hat and Artie the Bad Time Party was born.

Now, I will greet you, I will comport myself in a socially acceptable manner, but if you do much as sneer at me, I will end you.

Something awoke inside me that day and I realized I was not cut of an honorable cloth. Nor was it any fun to try and be.

In other news, the most brutal actor in this play we call western life:

https://twitter.com/Feenix7/status/1057481467905732608/video/1

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Am I only getting poor squirrel pelts because Im not using the right arrows or something? If so, what do I need?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Feenix posted:

In other news, the most brutal actor in this play we call western life:

https://twitter.com/Feenix7/status/1057481467905732608/video/1

Remember when we first heard about this event in the previews and they were all like "not scripted!!!" lol

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

As my memory serves bounties in RDR1 were randomized and populated at a fairly quick pace. Im well into chapter 3, and Ive only seen three so far, and they were all pretty scripted. Anybody know if there are a finite amount this time around?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Feenix posted:

Am I only getting poor squirrel pelts because I’m not using the right arrows or something? If so, what do I need?

If you're close enough to target an animal or look at it through a rifle scope or binoculars, there's a star icon next to the animal's name. You want to go for 3-star animals only. Also, for squirrels I would use small game arrows. You can craft them at a campfire. For stuff bigger than a squirrel (rabbits, raccoons, etc.) use a varmint rifle. You can buy this at a gunsmith shop. I think eagle eye vision or maybe dead eye will highlight the best target areas to shoot when tracking animals. I tend to go for headshots or center-mass body shots.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
For squirrels and other small animals use the varmint rifle with the varmint ammo (or the bow with small game arrows). Killing 3-star animals will get you perfect pelts.

Additionally, as someone who spent 2 real days hunting for a perfect Grizzly to get a pelt to make the bear saddle, let me tell you a secret: SAVE SCUM.

Some animals are rare in that there are only ever 2 or three of them in the area that they spawn, like Grizzly Bears. Go to the area and save your game. Then go find the animals. If none of them a 3 star, reload your save and go look for them again. Eventually, you'll get a three-star animal. Hopefully this saves someone else days of frustration.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If you're close enough to target an animal or look at it through a rifle scope or binoculars, there's a star icon next to the animal's name. You want to go for 3-star animals only.

For most animals, you have to "discover" them so to speak. The first time you see them you have to hold L1 I think (on PS4) until you get the info on them, then it will show star levels for all animals of that type from then on.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 31, 2018

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

John was UP IN MY poo poo for the duration of this mission, and then the bastard ran over a sheep just before the end.

Unrelated, I came across a hugely fat man is coveralls and his "wife" in a homestead and :stare:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

bear is driving! posted:

For most animals, you have to "discover" them so to speak. The first time you see them you have to hold L1 I think (on PS4) until you get the info on them, then it will show star levels for all animals of that type from then on.

Right. I think you only have to study a given species once and any subsequent time you see a member of the species its star rating shows up automatically.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
The game had a horrible haze over it that made things difficult to see and I googled it. Turns out the HDR is hosed, I turned off HDR on my set and now the game is vibrant and crisp.