Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Woah apparently the Dodgers released the top name on their employee criminality chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1057394307047571457

V: gently caress off leeches!

edit: check out the replies for a host of dumbass Dodgers fans eager to dump Farhan

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 31, 2018

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Despite years of knowing about it, I recently started thinking about buying Strat-O-Matic. From a limited search, it looks like the only place to buy it is the maker's website (the few places in Canada that sell it appear sold out). I also have no clue what to actually buy as there appears to be a ton of editions. Does anyone know more about this?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol why don’t they offer trump some ownership stake?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

Woah apparently the Dodgers released the top name on their employee criminality chart.

Just to make sure I’m not being wooshed, this was for international org guys and not actual players and not guys they picked up in the middle of the season right?

Because if so this is pretty fuckin funny.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

bawfuls posted:

N: https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1057394307047571457

V: gently caress off leeches!

edit: check out the replies for a host of dumbass Dodgers fans eager to dump Farhan

I have no idea why the Giants would want to hire a criminal but OK.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Being able to beat the wrap is The Giants Way

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Remember the Red Sox fan who had no idea who Marlins Man is? Well he's very angry that you've questioned his MLB credentials

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

TFF > SAS

only in the MLB threads can you be one of five people consistently posting in game threads that maybe reach three pages if you're lucky, then be accused of being a "playoff poster" by people who wouldn't know baseball exists if it wasn't for the World Series lol. gently caress that dead sport

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Intruder posted:

Remember the Red Sox fan who had no idea who Marlins Man is? Well he's very angry that you've questioned his MLB credentials

Wow that thread is... interesting.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Aren’t the Giants the team who basically had BALCO on their payroll, and didn’t they make it to the 2002 series directly because of BALCO? Or am I thinking of some other bunch of criminals

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Intruder posted:

lol

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Intruder posted:

Being a Sox fan gives you CTE

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Intruder posted:

Lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Intruder posted:

lol

3DHouseofBeef
May 10, 2006

Intruder posted:

lol

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Intruder posted:

yeesh

this is part of why i've kept my same screenname since i joined sa. can't say I haven't been making GBS threads up these here forums for over 10 years now :clint:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SourKraut posted:

Wow that thread is... interesting.

My favorite part is all the Packers posters complaining that Cubs posters doomsay too much :thunk:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Moustakas declined his option and he's looking for a new city. Fans like yelling "Mooooose" so he's a good fit for your team.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

the popes toes posted:

Moustakas declined his option and he's looking for a new city. Fans like yelling "Mooooose" so he's a good fit for your team.

He was a decent rental, not a world beater. Schoop was such a bad pickup :gonk:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Intruder posted:

Remember the Red Sox fan who had no idea who Marlins Man is?

I don't, actually

Well Played Mauer posted:

Being a Sox fan gives you CTE

oh that's why :madmax:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

It's been almost a week and my sleep schedule is still hosed up from staying up late to watch game 3.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Marlins Man does suck poo poo, it's ridiculous seeing him hogging attention at every major game for the better part of a decade now.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Price has announced he will not be opting out. I am definitely a lot cooler with this than I was a month ago.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

GalacticAcid posted:

Marlins Man does suck poo poo, it's ridiculous seeing him hogging attention at every major game for the better part of a decade now.

The one time he was cool was when he called out Zack Hample

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

GalacticAcid posted:

He's fine

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ElwoodCuse posted:

The one time he was cool was when he called out Zack Hample

True

Wrong. I don't like seeing him, he bothers me.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

GalacticAcid posted:

people go out of their way to find him

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I don't really give a poo poo about Marlins Man either way, he's just a dude who buys nice seats for a lot of games.

His self-aggrandizing poo poo about being a philanthropist and whatever is hilariously dumb though.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

iospace posted:

He was a decent rental, not a world beater. Schoop was such a bad pickup :gonk:

He's on arb and his 2017 was really, really good. Just hope he can revert to that somehow. Unlucky he somehow reverted to a trash bat for his time in Milwaukee. His defense is good.

He's probably going to cost 10m though. Travis Shaw at 5m is going to be such a steal. What a player he has been for you guys.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It's been almost a week and my sleep schedule is still hosed up from staying up late to watch game 3.

I'm reasonably certain the cold I just picked up is a direct result of how little sleep I got during the series.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Nodoze posted:

people go out of their way to find him

He sits directly behind home plate wearing bright orange...

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Didn't MM get into some huge public spat with Jeets this year over season ticket prices?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sydin posted:

Didn't MM get into some huge public spat with Jeets this year over season ticket prices?
Yeah, he was vocal against the blowing up of the team in the season ticket holders’ meeting

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Marlins Man was at a bunch of random midseason Mariners games this year. Has he gone on the road beyond just being at playoff games?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
MM got into a spat with Jeter because he didn't get catered too and Jeter didn't know who he was. That was kinda funny on Jeters part.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Price has announced he will not be opting out. I am definitely a lot cooler with this than I was a month ago.

I mean this was a foregone conclusion so

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Popete posted:

MM got into a spat with Jeter because he didn't get catered too and Jeter didn't know who he was. That was kinda funny on Jeters part.
Jeter clearly had no idea what he was doing when they started. I am still waiting to see if they have a real plan. The first good thing they have done in a year now is sign the Mesa brothers.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/NBCSBoston/status/1057645359818633218

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Is Arenado going to set the record for arb salary at ~26m? Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Is Arenado going to set the record for arb salary at ~26m? Probably.

Which is funny considering away from Coors he's mediocre as hell.