Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

i did not see that event but i did see a horse that had died in that exact spot and i never knew why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

So what the gently caress does the Legendary Buck Trinket do anyways? It supposedly improves the quality of harvested pelts but I've never seen it do that once. I cleanly killed a bunch of two star animals and got 2 star pelts. I then tried messily killing some 3 star animals to see if it helped with that, and no, I got 1-2 star pelts depending how messy I was. What does it actually do?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

shortspecialbus posted:

So what the gently caress does the Legendary Buck Trinket do anyways? It supposedly improves the quality of harvested pelts but I've never seen it do that once. I cleanly killed a bunch of two star animals and got 2 star pelts. I then tried messily killing some 3 star animals to see if it helped with that, and no, I got 1-2 star pelts depending how messy I was. What does it actually do?

I think it probably affects the spawn rate of of 3 star animals but that's hard to tell for sure.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Anyone find the miner hat yet?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hugh Malone posted:

I have a ps4 that's also from 2015ish, and have had no problems yet. the console has been left on for over a day countless times, and has been running rdr2 for hours everyday
It's just bizarre because I've never had this much of an issue with any game, ever. I also don't even use my PS4 that much compared to PC, so it's not like the HDD or the disc drive get overused.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Gruckles posted:

spawn rate

muh immersion

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I've basically only killed O'Driscolls or other gangs when they start poo poo and haven't gotten a bounty from it yet. I've only ever gotten bounties from story missions and pay them off immediately so they don't get in the way of the real game - Arthur's backwoods huntin' hoedown.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is this game really meant for a PS4 Pro or something? I have had this game crash to dashboard more times than any other console game I can remember, and that includes Bethesda Fallout games which always crash. It's getting ridiculous. I have a 2015ish PS4.

I've got the old Destiny special edition PS4 standard, and I've had no CTDs, but what I have had is randomly ignoring commands from my controllers for a few seconds, or getting stuck on the last command I did, like turning an analog stick and the game get's "stuck" turning the stick in that direction. Happens with both my controllers, plugged in or not, and only after several hours of playing RDR2 (and only on RDR2)

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

ravenkult posted:

Anyone find the miner hat yet?

In the cave where the strawberry bounty is, near the legendary buck territory. Push the plunger near the entrance to open up the passage deeper in

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ummm

https://twitter.com/Feenix7/status/1058088997765795840/video/1

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Gruckles posted:

I think it probably affects the spawn rate of of 3 star animals but that's hard to tell for sure.

I would maybe believe that I guess except I'm seeing more 1 star rabbits than ever before. For whatever reason I'm seeing a lot of 3 star elks I guess.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm unfamiliar with the console market, this is my first non-nintendo console. Do these things go on sale regularly or are they immune to black friday sales for example.

the base model PS4 which will run this game just fine is going to be $100 off on Black Friday. Will come with Spider-man, too.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I think I've explored the whole map now, except for the locked areas since I'm early on. Got some unique weapons out of it, they're mostly in out of the way areas.

I also found a giant's skeleton.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is this game really meant for a PS4 Pro or something? I have had this game crash to dashboard more times than any other console game I can remember, and that includes Bethesda Fallout games which always crash. It's getting ridiculous. I have a 2015ish PS4.

Haven't had a crash yet, playing on the PSPoor and the Pro.

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm unfamiliar with the console market, this is my first non-nintendo console. Do these things go on sale regularly or are they immune to black friday sales for example.

ElwoodCuse posted:

the base model PS4 which will run this game just fine is going to be $100 off on Black Friday. Will come with Spider-man, too.

Get that bundle and RDR2 and you won't need to buy another game for at least a year.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Paid a coach to give me a ride to another town. During the cutscene where he gets on the wagon something (running into my horse?) set him off. He starts yelling "we need the law for this!" and runs off. Currently stuck in a cinematic view in the coach by myself not moving. Can't get out of the coach and he hasn't come back.

Good video game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

post story: It's weird that they remade the map from the first game and most of it goes unused

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chapter 6 question how do I make the tonic rain falls gave me herbs for?

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://i.imgur.com/V49kZ9z.gif

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Goddamnit. Break a lady out of a jail cart, two lawman instantly show up, I shoot both, run back over and Arthur decides to just body check her and she runs off. $100 bounty for nothin

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I accidentally tackled a dandy on the streets of saint denis while trying to mount my horse. Law enforcement didn't find it as funny as I did

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Campfire I think.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Theres a pretty easy grind to raise honor by just catching and releasing fish.

I'm imagining some random townspeople walking by, seeing this guy releasing fish he's caught, and thinking "good man."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

super macho dude posted:

Theres a pretty easy grind to raise honor by just catching and releasing fish.

Can confirm this works well. I have been idly fishing with one hand while browsing the internet and after like six releases finally got tier 1 honor.

For those who have played enough, is there any key honor gate?

Unrelated, the UI continues to be a nightmare. If anyone was wondering, the save option is under "story" in the menu

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Campfire I think.

It's not an option when I do that

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

For those who have played enough, is there any key honor gate?

High honor unlocks some outfits, and I think there is an activity that is gated behind high honor.

Low honor gives you the ability to rob and kill without caring what other people think about you.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I've been lingering in chapter 2 forever but am really impressed by all the moments that happen in camp. Once when I came back after a long hunt Hosea was teaching Jack how to read. After their session was over Arthur told Abigail that gunslingers can read too, and she chided Arthur not to put any ideas in Jack's head.

Another time Marston was hitting on one of the other girls in camp with the excuse that he and Abigail weren't married. I like that he's a bit more of a scumbag in this.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It's not an option when I do that

In crafting?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've raised my honour from 0 to mid-range white very rapidly in chapter 6.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

It's annoying, but true to the genre that I can barely walk into the saloon in Valentine without ending up in a fight and murdering a bunch of folk.
Saw an interesting scripted part where I was antagonizing someone and he came up to me, Arthur drew on him and the dude knocked his gun to the ground.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don't suppose there's any benefit to being neutral on the spectrum? Because I like doing nice things for people when given the binary choice to do so, but I'm also a fuckup who loves crime and money so it's kind of a wash

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don't suppose there's any benefit to being neutral on the spectrum? Because I like doing nice things for people when given the binary choice to do so, but I'm also a fuckup who loves crime and money so it's kind of a wash

It's not important unless you want to unlock some high honour clothes. Chapter six will give you a bunch of opportunities to go from full negative to max honour as far as I can tell, so if you feel like you just want to do it for unlocks you can do it then.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

WoodrowSkillson posted:

you don't, it's just a story thing

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I'm pretty sure theres a Stranger quest gated behind high honor and its necessary for the achievement.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
postgame thoughts: imo the epilogues bring down the game overall. arthur's story was good, it was interesting to watch the gang fall apart. the rest? ehhn

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Has anyone gone to the west? I've not been anywhere but the east and the chapter 5 area. Haven't even gone to look around Blackwater. Have I played the game wrong?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

JBP posted:

It's not important unless you want to unlock some high honour clothes. Chapter six will give you a bunch of opportunities to go from full negative to max honour as far as I can tell, so if you feel like you just want to do it for unlocks you can do it then.

Oh word? I'm not at Chapter 6 yet, but I'd heard that you had to have high honor to get through it, and that's the only thing that's prevented me from going Maximum rear end in a top hat.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mandrel posted:

i cannot wrap my head around the difficulty people are having with the bounty system

It's not difficulty with having a bounty. It's trying to figure out a ruleset that bounties play by until you realize it's all broken and random anyway so who cares.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok so I hunted a legendary bear at the very first opportunity it seems and now I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do with this pelt. the butcher in valentine won't take it in spite of the game and internet saying he should. I looked enough to find that you can take it to a trapper to exchange for equipment but I've not got that far yet. I also learned that pelts go bad eventually

is this thing just gonna rot on the back of my horse while I'm incapable of doing anything with it? I'm a little mad about this tbh

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I really, really like how Arthur sounds like the Marlboro Man was kicked by a horse a few times. Good cowboy voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

ok so I hunted a legendary bear at the very first opportunity it seems and now I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do with this pelt. the butcher in valentine won't take it in spite of the game and internet saying he should. I looked enough to find that you can take it to a trapper to exchange for equipment but I've not got that far yet. I also learned that pelts go bad eventually

is this thing just gonna rot on the back of my horse while I'm incapable of doing anything with it? I'm a little mad about this tbh

Ride to saint denis

He never showed up in the wilderness for me after getting my first legendary