Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Diablo 3 is no.1 in the US/UK eShops today! Better debut than I expected. Hope they keep Switch in mind for whenever Diablo 4 sees a release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Diablo 3 is no.1 in the US/UK eShops today! Better debut than I expected. Hope they keep Switch in mind for whenever Diablo 4 sees a release

Yeah Switch is pretty popular for mobile ports

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

strategery posted:

Lego City Undercover Impressions?

Side note Lego Worlds is pretty fun if you like creating stuff. (Have that on PC).

Like someone said, the load times are bad. However, it is a very good game. I 100%ed it on the Wii U and wasn't ready for it to be over. It's got a GTA style world with a storyline, quests, and tons of secrets to find and things to unlock.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
You guys asked and we listened, Diablo Immortal is coming to Switch!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

strategery posted:

Lego City Undercover Impressions?

Side note Lego Worlds is pretty fun if you like creating stuff. (Have that on PC).

Do you want GTA style gameplay with goofy dialogue couched in pop culture? Can you stand some load times?

LCU is the game for you!!

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do you want GTA style gameplay with goofy dialogue couched in pop culture? Can you stand some load times?

LCU is the game for you!!

Thanks for the impressions (everyone). I made it through Bloodborne's loading times, so I feel ill be okay.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bought Diablo for the 4th(?) time and drat if it isn’t great on the switch.

I’m very very happy with this port.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have seen the light and my path is... Necromancer.

Not a class I’d typically play in most games, summoning bone-buddies, swinging a gently caress-off scythe and exploding corpses is extremely my poo poo.

10/10 game now 11/10

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
My only complaint about couch co-op Diablo on the Switch is the same as my complaint about the other console versions - you have to pause the game to access each individual player's menus which is a real inertia-killer. Something between the "fast equip" mechanic and the full-fledged subscreen would be nice, like a condensed UI that hovers on top of your character to see item details, switch skills and runes, etc. Split-screen would have been nice too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone have a recommendation on a Jackbox pack? I'm lugging my switch to a party tomorrow and figured I'd grab Keep Talking, Drawful, and either Party Pack 3 or 4.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Echophonic posted:

Anyone have a recommendation on a Jackbox pack? I'm lugging my switch to a party tomorrow and figured I'd grab Keep Talking, Drawful, and either Party Pack 3 or 4.

3 has murder mystery. The best game.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I would say 4 because Fibbage is the best Jackbox game.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

MarcusSA posted:

Bought Diablo for the 4th(?) time and drat if it isn’t great on the switch.

I’m very very happy with this port.
Also liking it doesn't commit murder on the batteries.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Can you play D3 coop with a single joycon?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That’s good only because it will be nice to look up hints for games you’re stuck on or reviews for games you’re about to pull the trigger on in the eshop, without pulling out your phone, unplugging the headphones from the switch, dredging up a lightning dongle :mad:, plugging in the headphones, watching a video and then doing the reverse all so you don’t wake your wife because the switch is primary bed console.

That’s my use case anyway, and it will be awesome to solve that problem.

Considering the 3DS was hacked via YouTube, it’s not surprising it took this long

For sure, and the YouTube app is going to prove itself as a better eShop browser/curator than the eShop itself. Can't find cool poo poo to play? Look up a video or two!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Echophonic posted:

Party Pack 3 is easily the best, with even the weakest ones in that pack being not that bad.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Whenever I play jack box party pack games I feel like I am drawing ‘vanilla’ cards from Cards Against Humanity. I want my bigger blacker cock ok?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Whenever I play jack box party pack games I feel like I am drawing ‘vanilla’ cards from Cards Against Humanity. I want my bigger blacker cock ok?

Sorry for your disability. Play one of the ones you can type that in/draw it and be the life of your surely terrible party.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Some of the modes have pretty good jokes, I'd recommend You Don't Know Jack. And if you want to say hosed up things about your friends, try Survive the Internet

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Re: Diablo 3, the story sucks but I would still play through the story mode once first as a complete newcomer. There's no rush to get to the "pour loot straight in my veins" stage of the game, and if you haven't touched D3 in any form before it's nice to go through the different areas and enemy types in some semblance of a structure at first. There's a cool sense of progress, just ignore the dialogue.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Turns out if you start D3's Adventure Mode and then back out to do Campaign, all the followers remain unlocked. Took the Enchantress for a nice visit to the Skeleton King.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 3, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I opted to do the regular campaign with Necromancer but started a Barbarian lady in Adventure mode for max bashing action

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Every time I get back into D3 I always gravitate back to the barbarian. The visceral physicality of the bashin' is just so fun, everything else pales in comparison.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Cards Against Humanity is for rear end in a top hat morons and basically hands you a permission slip to tell randomly generated racist "jokes" with your friends. If you want to be a piece of poo poo, just do it and spend time with your friends playing actual games.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm still playing Demon Hunter but Necromancer beckons as well every time I see someone chain corpse explode in a party :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Every time I get back into D3 I always gravitate back to the barbarian. The visceral physicality of the bashin' is just so fun, everything else pales in comparison.

said it before, say it again: barbarian has the ragdoll physics game on absolute lockdown, nothing else even compares :hfive:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CAH sucks anyways. All the fun of Apples to Apples is making something dirty that isn't supposed to be dirty. CAH just does the work for you.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The witch doctor is the most OP character I've ever played in a game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Over There posted:

The witch doctor is the most OP character I've ever played in a game

That's pretty much all D3 classes

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

That's pretty much all D3 classes

I just finished the Act 1 final boss in about 10 seconds. I have a massive army of creatures and I'm throw ghosts at everyone. Game owns

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

doesn't sound like you're throwing bears at them or repeatedly turning into a chicken and exploding

what kinda fuckin witch doctor are you

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ciaphas posted:

doesn't sound like you're throwing bears at them or repeatedly turning into a chicken and exploding

what kinda fuckin witch doctor are you

Maybe I haven't gotten that far yet? First play through

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

well stop replying to me and get to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

while i'm shitposting on the subject, it will forever amuse me that one of the runes for their poison dart skill is literally called Snake To The Face, and that it does exactly what it says on the tin

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Diablo 3 is very good at giving every class some OP poo poo that is really fun to blow up stuff with

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I have a huge PS4 backlog of great games but am I playing them? No, I’m buying D3 again so I can play it *anywhere*! Nintendo has ruined tethered gaming for me.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Steven Universe: Save The Light trip report.

First time I booted it and selected a save file to use, it loaded to a black screen. After waiting about three minutes, and remembering hearing other games doing something similar, I rebooted the Switch and tried again. This time the intro video loaded immediately.

Overall the game is... pretty good. Framerate isn't great. Aims for 30, gets it most of the time. There's noticable slowdown in battles but it might be intentional?

Gameplay itself is okay. The first (mobile only) game was a turn-based Paper Mario affair, with extra damage or effects applied if you mash again at the right time. STL's combat is similar, but adds a FF style active combat--which I've never really been a fan of, to be honest (what can I say, I like taking turns).

If you like Steven Universe, there's a lot to like about the game, and the potential for character and team build customization seems promising (I'm building Amethyst to be a area attack crit machine). If you're not a fan of the show, though, you won't miss much if you don't pick up the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

asecondduck posted:

Steven Universe: Save The Light trip report.

First time I booted it and selected a save file to use, it loaded to a black screen. After waiting about three minutes, and remembering hearing other games doing something similar, I rebooted the Switch and tried again. This time the intro video loaded immediately.

Overall the game is... pretty good. Framerate isn't great. Aims for 30, gets it most of the time. There's noticable slowdown in battles but it might be intentional?

Gameplay itself is okay. The first (mobile only) game was a turn-based Paper Mario affair, with extra damage or effects applied if you mash again at the right time. STL's combat is similar, but adds a FF style active combat--which I've never really been a fan of, to be honest (what can I say, I like taking turns).

If you like Steven Universe, there's a lot to like about the game, and the potential for character and team build customization seems promising (I'm building Amethyst to be a area attack crit machine). If you're not a fan of the show, though, you won't miss much if you don't pick up the game.

Does this have coop? My fiancee would be all over this. Nvm, just checked, it's only single. Diablo it is.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 3, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Andrast posted:

Diablo 3 is very good at giving every class some OP poo poo that is really fun to blow up stuff with

Playing through seasons is pretty much this. I’ll pick a class, get the journey completed and feel incredibly overpowered. Then coming along another class that just destroys the rift faster than I can loot the corpses. So I go and make that build and I’m kicking rear end then another class comes by and makes me look like a fresh start character. So I do that build too. By the end of the season I’ve gone through most classes and builds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Over There posted:

I just finished the Act 1 final boss in about 10 seconds. I have a massive army of creatures and I'm throw ghosts at everyone. Game owns

If you're having that easy a time consider turning the difficulty up: it gives you a loot/xp bonus to match. Or not. Just do what's fun!