Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

Who harvests the harvestmen?

Uh, no clue.
*dozens of live harvestmen slip out of my mouth and crawl away*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ariong posted:

Uh, no clue.
*dozens of live harvestmen slip out of my mouth and crawl away*

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Spiders(and most other arachnids and insects) can taste with their feet so they're both kinda licking each other in that.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bert Roberge posted:

Spiders(and most other arachnids and insects) can taste with their feet so they're both kinda licking each other in that.

Hot

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Man about the only way to get most spiders to bite you is to convince them you're trying to eat them.

Maybe it doesn't believe her?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

They're obviously good friends so why would it think that

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Cockroaches will inherit the cities when they fall. If there's one on the outside, there's ten in the walls.

Think about that.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Cockroaches are tropical insects. Without humans and our climate-controlled spaces, they won’t survive past a few winters in most places.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
Shes my wife

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ariong posted:

Cockroaches are tropical insects. Without humans and our climate-controlled spaces, they won’t survive past a few winters in most places.

We're already heating up the planet for them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

For those that don't know, if you want a creep story to go with a creepy picture, that's literally this: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ToxicSlurpee posted:

For those that don't know, if you want a creep story to go with a creepy picture, that's literally this: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093

This replaced Underlondon as my favorite SCP.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Big Centipede posted:

Shes my wife
The human or the cockroach?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Lurking Haro posted:

We're already heating up the planet for them.

also apparently the atmospheric composition we're creating for them allows them to grow huge

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

twistedmentat posted:

This replaced Underlondon as my favorite SCP.
Mine is 2935. It's fairly simple and has a similar conceit in some ways, but I think it's executed better.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Former DILF posted:

also apparently the atmospheric composition we're creating for them allows them to grow huge

Yeah... about that...

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Ariong posted:

Normally yes. However, if the conditions are right, even the South American Screaming Death Cockaroach will live in a northern climate.

In Bemidji, MN, where winter temperatures can touch 40 below, there was a colony of tropical cockroaches living in the science building. They'd gotten free from an experiment years before and, because of the constant climate control, they were able to live freely. They didn't like the steam tunnels so they stayed just in the science building. The university treated the building once a month for bugs, but it only kept them barely at bay. If you were to truly fumigate the building, you'd kill off the entire etymology departments work. Probably the aquatic biology department as well.

They'd been living there for over 10 years when I graduated. I assume they're still there 18 years later.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Knormal posted:

The human or the cockroach?

Both. We're mormons.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

mostlygray posted:

Normally yes. However, if the conditions are right, even the South American Screaming Death Cockaroach will live in a northern climate.

In Bemidji, MN, where winter temperatures can touch 40 below, there was a colony of tropical cockroaches living in the science building. They'd gotten free from an experiment years before and, because of the constant climate control, they were able to live freely. They didn't like the steam tunnels so they stayed just in the science building. The university treated the building once a month for bugs, but it only kept them barely at bay. If you were to truly fumigate the building, you'd kill off the entire etymology departments work. Probably the aquatic biology department as well.

They'd been living there for over 10 years when I graduated. I assume they're still there 18 years later.

That was my exact point. I doubt those cockroaches would have survived if there was no heating in that building. It’s only thanks to humans that cockroaches are so ubiquitous.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/NaturelsWeird/status/1060190890440851457

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

Good to see Shea St. John doing ok!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

from CB World (June, 1981)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

image of the year.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

not enough cat hair and hentai dvds

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Midnight in the Garden of Evil and Evil

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

"She's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn't seem to beliving... until she bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

hello nightmare

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Hoggle?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
New Five Nights At Freddy's looking good.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

It was the only way to get rid of the stench after he fell into the bog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Never thought I'd see The Garf as a toy. Paging DeathRay.