Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rihito training with Gensai...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

:allears: these two are such good friends i love it this is why i read kengan

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Rihito training with Gensai...

I know right? Holy poo poo!

Plus, it means Gensai is making alive friends which ups his chance of not jobbing to Rei- thank god- and hopefully murdering him like Kiryu!

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

where the red fern gropes posted:

I want them to go to Texas and get married

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Okay let's see...

Cosmo vs Ohma: Cosmo's character arc is kinda concluded already with the cop, plus Ohma is the protagonist, so Ohma should win... if the match happens. This is a pretty weird matchup, since after Raian, Cosmo isn't gonna feel like as dramatic an opponent, since he's the "underdog" type of fighter. So the sense of escalation isn't there. So due to that I'm gonna make a left-field prediction that someone is gonna sub for either of the fighter - more likely that someone is going to sub for Ohma on account of him still being comatose. Who'll probably then beat Cosmo.

Wakatsuki vs Muteba: I feel like this could go either way, but I'm gonna go with Muteba since the writer seems to have some bigger plans with him and his employer, while Wakatsuki's story is basically all laid on the table already.

Gensai vs Rei: I feel like at this point, no amount of backstory is gonna flesh Rei enough to be able to match Gensai, so I'm gonna go with Gensai winning here. I get the sense that Gensai is the creators' pet character too, so I don't think he's gonna exit before the semifinals, at least.

Sen vs Agito: This chapter seems to be subtly hinting that Agito isn't as invincible as he's made out to be, to probably build up to Agito's eventual loss, so... I'm gonna go with Sen winning here?

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

plus Ohma is the protagonist

Wait. Who?

Oh! I remember, i'd forgotten about him.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Okay let's see...

Sen vs Agito: This chapter seems to be subtly hinting that Agito isn't as invincible as he's made out to be, to probably build up to Agito's eventual loss, so... I'm gonna go with Sen winning here?

To me, the conclusion of this chapter seemed to be that Agito is too arrogant to use his massive power effectively against a truly powerful opponents, so I think this chapter actually gave Agito the strongest weapon of all: a beginning of character arc.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I like that this series is following shonen manga rules, where everyone becomes friends with whoever defeated them (except for jerks like the cop or the Fang) :allears:

Excited to see Kazzy reunite with his son. He's been kinda absent for this whole round, just hanging out being worried in Ohma's hospital room.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Begemot posted:

I like that this series is following shonen manga rules, where everyone becomes friends with whoever defeated them (except for jerks like the cop or the Fang) :allears:

The Fang became friends with Okubo during the banquet after the end of Round One. They bonded over the Fang's complete ignorance of Ultraman and popular media.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The Fang doesn't really come off as a jerk to me, just hyper-focused on doing what he does. He chatted with Okubo just fine.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I think Sen is hosed because I see Agito trying to do Aikito on him for a bit, saying gently caress this and then caving his skull in with a punch

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

I think Sen is hosed because I see Agito trying to do Aikito on him for a bit, saying gently caress this and then caving his skull in with a punch

Yeah like how Bando got Sen into Peak Condition it looks like Gaolang got Agito to stop loving around.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

JosephWongKS posted:

The Fang became friends with Okubo during the banquet after the end of Round One. They bonded over the Fang's complete ignorance of Ultraman and popular media.

I totally forgot about that, the other weird jerk is Setsuna, not the Fang. Even Bando is pretty friendly during matches, if not outside of them.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I like how it's obvious from the panel that Gensai is still saying "I don't take disciples. You can watch me perform kata from over there if you want." Thankfully Rihito has a natural sense for martial arts. Even the intermissions in this manga are good.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

my parents boyfriend posted:

I like how it's obvious from the panel that Gensai is still saying "I don't take disciples. You can watch me perform kata from over there if you want." Thankfully Rihito has a natural sense for martial arts. Even the intermissions in this manga are good.

Gensai being a tsundere is the last thing I would have expected, and yet it worked out so well. :allears:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't wait to see how Toyo fails again

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm glad Saw Paing and Gao are friends again :unsmith:

Also I hope next chapter includes a distant but very audible YEEEEAHHHHHH in the background

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang, gaolang is still so cool. i think it is safe to assume he won't be subbing in for anyone, though.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I hope Gao gets to see Saw's change of heart asap.

Aug 24, 2011

gaolang made the critical mistake of ending a friendship right before a match, real rookie error

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

dang, gaolang is still so cool. i think it is safe to assume he won't be subbing in for anyone, though.

A crushed right hand is indeed a terrible career-ending injury for a boxer. If only there was a highly eccentric but amazingly skilled doctor on the island who could perhaps treat Gaolang's hand.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 4, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
With the kind of injuries people shrug off in this manga a crushed hand is nothing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's not out for good, but for the tournament he's done.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

gaolang made the critical mistake of ending a friendship right before a match, real rookie error

He didn't end it though? He referred to Saw as his friend for the first time we've ever seen after he lost.

He was just very upset that Saw seemed to have given up after losing his match vs Rei

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’ve been going through some older issues, and Gozo got his face literally kicked in by Wakatsuki, even more horrifically than the little dents given to Jerry Tyson or Okubo, and they’re all fine now. I don’t recall anyone else with an imploded face who showed up soon after, fine or otherwise.

I wonder if the terrible facial violence that happens to so many characters is more of a dramatization, compared to Gaolang’s fist, as people are actually talking about the consequences of the latter.

Aug 24, 2011

verbal enema posted:

He didn't end it though? He referred to Saw as his friend for the first time we've ever seen after he lost.

He was just very upset that Saw seemed to have given up after losing his match vs Rei

yeah AFTER he lost, won't do him any good at that point

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

yeah AFTER he lost, won't do him any good at that point

But he had a smile on his face??? He never smiles

Aug 24, 2011

verbal enema posted:

But he had a smile on his face??? He never smiles

please the Fang's smiling outclasses every other fighter except kazzy

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I will not accept that Saw and Gao are not friends! I won't!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mindblast posted:

I hope Gao gets to see Saw's change of heart asap.

he already heard it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter!!!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/477503

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Magissima posted:

How apt.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I want to hear Saw's singing

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

And a new omake chapter as well - https://mangadex.org/chapter/477504/1

Featuring the true protagonist of this series.

Magissima posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
A flash back when there are no fights happening, truly the most powerful flashback

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, I certainly can't wait for the payoff next chapter.

Jose posted:

A flash back when there are no fights happening, truly the most powerful flashback

And then Ohma passes away in his sleep.

Aug 24, 2011

a finger curls on the monkey's paw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah I love The Beatoes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Every flashback ohma has gets him one step closer to the grave

I hope tomoko is in part 2 because the series about sweaty half naked men fighting needs the occasional fujoshi release

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Shipping girl :allears: