Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Motherfuckers, 'Technically better' really is not a thing in animation any more than it is in any other artistic medium, at best you might get 'Soullessly mass produced more efficiently'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tomayto, tomahto

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah being "clean" doesnt mean much in art honestly. Lots of painters had rather messy and loose styles that looked fluid. Perfectly clean art is impressive in a technical sense but theres lots of immaculately detailed and lifeless art out there.

Kinda like how redditors cum in their pants every time someone posts a realistic drawing of a celebrity from a photo. Its like, yeah, there's some skill there but it's bland as gently caress.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 4, 2018

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Just watched the episode where the B plot is Marge inexplicably finding a functioning sauna built into their basement (behind boxes) and, uh...spending time in a steam room? while in the A plot Lisa and Bart are sent to like the fifteenth new school they've gone to and have trouble fitting in, so Lisa lies about being friends with a not-Hannah Montana named Alaska Nebraska to impress her new school mates. eventually she meets Alaska, who rejects her and makes her leave, and then thats it, the episode is over

it was a baffling and upsetting experience, and I've seen it a million times in the background while playing games but actually paying attention there were like no good jokes

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Who was the celebrity guest

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is that the one where Homer moves to a lovely studio apartment so the kids will be in a better school district and nothing funny happens?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

Is that the one where Homer moves to a lovely studio apartment so the kids will be in a better school district and nothing funny happens?

Oh yeah that one had a parody of Weezer's "Beverly HIlls"

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

If I drop a Simpson's DVD boxset into the Mariana trench, have I solved the thread title riddle?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The thread title presupposes that the low point of the Simpsons has already happened

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Data Graham posted:

The thread title presupposes that the low point of the Simpsons has already happened

Well, the lowest point so far, but absolute lowest may be yet to come

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And thus, against its will, this becomes a live-watch thread.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Three years from now well get a fortnite episode.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah that one had a parody of Weezer's "Beverly HIlls"

lol remember the tik tok opener

jfc

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Elderbean posted:

Three years from now well get a fortnite episode.

It’ll be worth the wait for whatever genius non-joke they use for the name of the game.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’ll be worth the wait for whatever genius non-joke they use for the name of the game.

forkknife

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bort-nite

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

this is a good joke though

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It'll be Two-Weeks and you know it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Fartnite and it'll be about the last person to hold in their farts and Bart will lose in second place to the mysterious first place winner who ends up being Homer playing it on the Mintenbo Smitch.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Fried Watermelon posted:

Fartnite and it'll be about the last person to hold in their farts and Bart will lose in second place to the mysterious first place winner who ends up being Homer playing it on the Mintenbo Smitch.

Everyone ITT is a better simpsons writer than the simpsons writers :/

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

In the current Simpsons the secret winner would be Mr. Burns, with Smithers as the butt plug operator.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

It'll be "Weeknight" and Bart will start selling his esports training sessions to make money for vbucks, Selma hires him because she fell in love with Bumblebee Man playing the game online and wants to impress him with a high score. Bart gets upset because Selma quickly becomes better then him and goes to the championship, but ultimately is caught cheating using the FakeNight Chicken Winner app on her MyPhone and loses the title. They learn that games are best played together.

Meanwhile, Marge is selling an MLM line of "quintessential oils" because she found a hundred thousand dollars in the attic

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The background is hideous

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011

Well I left FOX on after football and ended up watching this. First Simpsons I've seen since some terrible episode about a pop group having subliminal messages that makes Bart join the navy that's at least 15 years ago.

Homer and Marge join an Uber like startup called CarGo (at least it wasn't Muber) because they inspire productivity in the employees because they're so fun and carefree? A bunch of hot takes on silicon valley culture. I did not laugh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Programmed by Bort from the Itchy and Scratchy World episode except he's grown up into a programmer despite every other character never aging.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Programmed by Bort from the Itchy and Scratchy World episode except he's grown up into a programmer despite every other character never aging.
Could also be the adult bort from that episode.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
mrs. burns is 144 years old now.

all she can do, is dial...and yell..

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
quimby also sounded terrible lol

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Frog Act posted:

It'll be "Weeknight" and Bart will start selling his esports training sessions to make money for vbucks, Selma hires him because she fell in love with Bumblebee Man playing the game online and wants to impress him with a high score. Bart gets upset because Selma quickly becomes better then him and goes to the championship, but ultimately is caught cheating using the FakeNight Chicken Winner app on her MyPhone and loses the title. They learn that games are best played together.

Meanwhile, Marge is selling an MLM line of "quintessential oils" because she found a hundred thousand dollars in the attic

Posting real episodes pretending they're fake, I see.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In the new one, Homer gets canned because he drives into Mr. Burns' office because he's distracted because he's singing himself a song about how much he loves chicken nuggets and chokes on one. He gets a job as a road-tester for a self-driving car company because of his laziness. He and Marge teach the nerd coders how to relax over foozball in the breakroom and the company hires them to make everyone love work so much that they forget they can have outside lives. The nerds from Homer Goes to College are the main ones, but, surprise, they don't sound anything like they used to. Burns and Smithers go undercover as new hires to see why all the nuclear plant workers left for the new company. Homer and Marge discover the cars are spying on riders. Burns realizes he can't compete. Homer and Burns team up to sabotage the driverless cars.

Tracy Morgan guest stars for one line as the tow truck driver who gives the Simpsons an "old-fashioned driverless ride" at the end.

Marge sounds worse than I've ever heard before. It's so bad that she's hard to understand.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdPiKTTu4Ho

where are the jokes?

WHERE ARE THE JOKES?!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Sockser posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdPiKTTu4Ho

where are the jokes?

WHERE ARE THE JOKES?!

B...b...But SLUNKIE!

This has another example of how overly long every piece of animation has become, with Maggie's eyeroll not only demanding a cut, but also several seconds of undivided attention. This would've happened naturally in the background in old episodes.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Bart, Lisa and Maggie make a squad on NightFort which looks like a Minecraft parody. Lisa builds, Maggie shoots and Bart makes fun of their opponents over voicechat. There is a hilarious overlong montage set to Killing Strangers while Maggie kills people just like in John Wick and each of the people she kills does something funny like Ned turns and starts praying, or Barney throws away coffee and drinks beer, and Moe tries to kill himself. Conic Book Guy notices their potential and trains them like a Jedi.

They get through to the nationals and pay $10,000 from coach Comic Book Guy who is sure they'll win. Their enemy squad is none other than Lester, Eliza and Baby with one eyebrow sponsored by Roger Meyers Junior, and they cheat to win by building out of super strong rock and not listening to Bart by listening to Spinal Tap, and the judges are distracted by Roger drawing them as cartoon characters which translates to photorealistic sketches for whatever reason

Just when it looks like Android Dungeon is about to go under, Homer saves the day by selling his newly created app 'fartnite' which measures flatulence to Artie Ziff for exactly $10,000.

Fingerless Gloves fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 6, 2018

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So... how did the Malibu Stacy car become 20 feet tall?

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HG_nSyLpvc

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

more like Pokémon Annoyed Grunt

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

please kill me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

emgeejay posted:

more like Pokémon Annoyed Grunt

lol

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Mammon Loves You posted:

Homer and Marge join an Uber like startup called CarGo

That's something approaching a joke. These writers are getting sloppy.

Ahhh, that's the sweet stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

So... how did the Malibu Stacy car become 20 feet tall?
At least that's consistent with the original Transformers cartoon. Soundwave and Megatron did that all the time.