Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
People playing the BETA: "Oh these prices really aren't all that bad people were just tripping."

Bethesda: "Oh, word?" *raises prices*

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Donovan Trip posted:

Mostly fixes and improvements to pip boy

How do you improve on perfection

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

People playing the BETA: "Oh these prices really aren't all that bad people were just tripping."

Lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Moridin920 posted:

:eyepop:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Mormonpartyboat, when did you meet Jesus? You are truly a fisher of men!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Apparently people are hacking in mods with fo4 tools, anyone here tried them yet?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Donovan Trip posted:

Apparently people are hacking in mods with fo4 tools, anyone here tried them yet?

Not what you asked, but https://old.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/9uh0i6/fallout_76_apparently_has_no_client_side_file/

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bobulus posted:

I only got on yesterday, so I haven't experimented with CAMP much. How viable is it to fill it with high-level turrets and just plop down your camp in some higher-level area to farm monsters that you wouldn't ordinarily be able to solo?

The turrets don't do much damage or are all that good. Odds are 3 will die tryiing to kill one monster than you can easily deal with with 2 shogun shots in the face. Then you have 3 turrets to repair.

But if you have materials to burn, you can put 8 or 9 around a area, and they help to soak damage so you are not focused by range attacks has much (help defending a position if you are melee user).

In other words: turrets are poo poo.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/24

l m a o

bethesda doesn't checksum their resource files, so people can do all sorts of stuff, like this (reveal where exactly the lock location is)

check the comments for some great reactions

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Having a second account to do shady, malicious and exploitive activities with the game, is justifiably absurd and illegal. This isn't GTA V where you have modded accounts, "breaking" the game as you think you see it is testing Bethesda's patience and actions against how hardcore modding can go. Even at its early stages of Beta.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
TAKE. THIS. DOWN.

This is not a modification benefiting the gameplay experience, this is an exploit and a cheat. I can consider this a hack or malicious method of taking an advantage over the game.

You are setting a bad example for the modding community, and I hope you reconsider this before Bethesda begins to take unnecessary action which will sabotage our great modding community.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I can't believe Pip Boy is loving dead

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

He died a beloved pip man

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

"just mine bitcoins on their PC"

"nuke minigun anyone lol"

Fallout 76 owns, i changed my mind

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol at anyone who spent money and still thinks this is going to work

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this game's going to kick rear end now

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Until now, I could not fathom a reason why Fallout 76 had been made. Now I get it. The entire reason Bethesda made this steaming turd is to create a platform where they can justify banning mods, so they can monetize them in the future.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is going to be such a hilarious launch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Faster movement speed with higher FPS was just the beginning, now we're going to see some GTA Online levels of "ok everyone on the server is now standing next to me, has 1 HP, and is unable to move or attack"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Minorkos posted:

I can't believe Pip Boy is loving dead

:tinfoil:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

But Vault Boy... Vault Boy never changes.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Faster movement speed with higher FPS was just the beginning, now we're going to see some GTA Online levels of "ok everyone on the server is now standing next to me, has 1 HP, and is unable to move or attack"

The bar is set very low. Like.. we have seen games where people killed everyone on the server by pressing a key.
And that with good games with a solid architecture. Not one that trust the clientside and use unencrypted network traffic.
What the future await us?

Being on PS4 means I will experience less of these things, has people can't change files. It will just read about it on the internets. (if people don't use some proxy to modifty the packets on the fly, or something like that).

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
you're doing it wrong tei, this is good for pip boy because it means there's emergent gameplay possibilities

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Patch notes up

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/3zijn9WlHG8O4YYKY8CsEM/fallout-76-b-e-t-a-patch-notes-november-5-2018

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Formatted notes:

quote:

GENERAL
Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received significant stability improvements.
Performance: Several issues have been addressed to resolve hitches during gameplay and other performance issues.

BALANCE CHANGES
Many mid and high-level enemies have received additional balance adjustments. Some notable changes include:
Scorched: Health and Damage Resistance have been increased for mid- and high-level Scorched.
Super Mutants: Health and Damage Resistance have been slightly decreased for mid- and high-level Super Mutants.
Melee Damage: Melee damage has been increased across many mid- and high-level enemies, particularly Mirelurks and Mirelurk Hunters.

C.A.M.P., WORKSHOPS, AND CRAFTING
Crafting: Material requirements to craft Throwing Knives and Tomahawks have been increased.
Additionally, Throwing Knives and Tomahawks can no longer be sold to vendors.
QUESTS
Event Quests: The time required to restart a previously completed Event Quest has been increased from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 12 minutes.

BUG FIXES
Art and Graphics
Enemies: Fixed an issue that could cause enemies to stop playing animations and instead enter a default “T-Pose”.
Graphics: Fixed an issue that could cause artifacting to display on the character’s hands and weapons while inside the Whitespring and playing in first-person.
Graphics [Xbox]: Fixed an issue causing the game world to appear darker than intended on Xbox.
Water: Water no longer flickers or flashes white in building interiors.
Workbenches [PS4]: Item previews no longer exhibit visual issues while attempting to modify weapons at Workbenches.
Workshops: Powered objects placed at Workshops will now correctly play animations and sound effects.

Audio
Voice Chat: Changing Xbox Live Communication and Multiplayer settings to “Friends” now correctly limits in-game voice chat to Xbox Live friends.
Voice Chat: Selecting “Play with Team” from the Main Menu no longer causes voice chat to stop functioning for non-leader teammates.
C.A.M.P., Workshops, and Crafting

Workshops: Successfully defending a Workshop no longer awards more Aid items than intended.

Quests
I Am Become Death: Launching a Nuke will now complete the “I Am Become Death” Quest for all teammates.
Rewards: Completing the “First Contact” and “Thirst Thing’s First” quests no longer award more Aid items than intended.

User Interface
Languages: Improvements have been made to better support text display across several languages, including: Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
Languages: Blueprints now accept names that utilize Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese characters.
Languages: Running Fallout 76 with language options set to Traditional or Simplified Chinese no longer causes the game to launch in English.
Login [PC]: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from logging into Fallout 76 on PC.
Resolution [PC]: Adjusting Windows Display Scaling settings no longer causes the game to launch in lower or higher resolutions than expected.
Map: Map markers no longer disappear when attempting to respawn after dying while overencumbered and possessing no Caps.
Settings [PC]: The Lighting Quality setting can now correctly be changed to High.
Social: Players will no longer encounter a “Failed to reconnect to team.” error message at the Main Menu screen.
Social: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from seeing one another in the Social Menu after adding each other as friends.
Trading: Attempting to trade with a player who is entering Power Armor no longer causes the game client to become unresponsive.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I'm having trouble reading all the widely varying rewiews from "76 fkn rocks" down to "76 is a steaming turd poo poo game". It seems like there are far more bad reactions and reviews on 76 floating around Youtube, then there are good ones.
I read them with a grain of salt, but I have a better time trusting goons. Is it too early still to know if the game is looking really good, like it will be a hit? Or is it actually kind of under-whelming and not that great where it stands today?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/24

l m a o

bethesda doesn't checksum their resource files, so people can do all sorts of stuff, like this (reveal where exactly the lock location is)

check the comments for some great reactions

Installing this mod post-patch will break your game until he updates it so don't

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm having trouble reading all the widely varying rewiews from "76 fkn rocks" down to "76 is a steaming turd poo poo game". It seems like there are far more bad reactions and reviews on 76 floating around Youtube, then there are good ones.
I read them with a grain of salt, but I have a better time trusting goons. Is it too early still to know if the game is looking really good, like it will be a hit? Or is it actually kind of under-whelming and not that great where it stands today?

it's a bad cash grab don't buy it I'm a goon you have to do what I say

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

It’s still pretty divisive but seems to boil down to what you are looking for out of it IMO.

Camp A is looking for it to be a good Fallout Destiny Online Murder Simulator. They are disappointed.

Camp B is looking for the next big Fallout game in the franchise. They are disappointed.

Camp C is looking to play what boils down to a big Fallout 4 expansion with an online experience. They think it’s decent. (Disclosure - I am in this camp)

Camp D want to burn it all to the ground. They are salivating at the possibilities.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Just watch one of the thousands of videos on youtube on the game with mute on. If you like what you see get it, if you don't - don't.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Dennis McClaren posted:

The game is an absolute pile of poo poo, and to be clear, the beta is the full game. If you're at all curious, go ahead and grab a beta key from PGS or reddit, there are still eight hours over two days to try it. Bethesda made the mistake of making them easy to get, ensuring everyone can play this game and find out what it's like. You'll either wind up in the tiny minority that thinks it's fun or you'll think it's a piece of poo poo, but either way your curiosity will be satisfied.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Glenn Quebec posted:

Just watch one of the thousands of videos on youtube on the game with mute on. If you like what you see get it, if you don't - don't.

Just watch Oxford.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Dennis McClaren posted:

you will either love to hate Fallout 76 or you will hate to love Fallout 76

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Minorkos posted:

you will either love to hate Fallout 76 or you will hate to love Fallout 76

loving new thread title right here.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Doctor Zero posted:

It’s still pretty divisive but seems to boil down to what you are looking for out of it IMO.

Camp A is looking for it to be a good Fallout Destiny Online Murder Simulator. They are disappointed.

Camp B is looking for the next big Fallout game in the franchise. They are disappointed.

Camp C is looking to play what boils down to a big Fallout 4 expansion with an online experience. They think it’s decent. (Disclosure - I am in this camp)

Camp D want to burn it all to the ground. They are salivating at the possibilities.

Well I'm in Camp C here, so I guess I don't expect as much as these other die hards.

K8.0 posted:

The game is an absolute pile of poo poo, and to be clear, the beta is the full game. If you're at all curious, go ahead and grab a beta key from PGS or reddit, there are still eight hours over two days to try it. Bethesda made the mistake of making them easy to get, ensuring everyone can play this game and find out what it's like. You'll either wind up in the tiny minority that thinks it's fun or you'll think it's a piece of poo poo, but either way your curiosity will be satisfied.

Cool thanks

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Ruh-roh

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1059600515821117441

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
things are looking up for fallout!!!

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

drat, nothing about carrying capacity tweaks.

I'm hoping to eventually see a patch notes that improves personal stash weight limits or gives across-the-board weight adjustments to a lot of items.

The performance and bug-fixes are good though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

lol "investigating" as if this was some elaborate hack they couldn't have foreseen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
They are totally abandoning this game as soon as they release.