Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

it is super nice that you can drop a turd anywhere and not have to worry about fingering your butthole by accident or having to walk around with an rear end itch from sandpaper

Lol wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

He's talking about the washlets. Toilets with seats that power wash your butthole so you don't have to use paper.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Fermented Tinal posted:

He's talking about the washlets. Toilets with seats that power wash your butthole so you don't have to use paper.

They also play soothing nature sounds to cover up the noise of your bathroom activities.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Seat Safety Switch posted:

They also play soothing nature sounds to cover up the noise of your bathroom activities.

Given my bathroom activities they should play Mastodon or something.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I mean, there's still plenty of squat toilets about, so don't take it as a guarantee you get to drop a deuce in heated-seat, hose-you-down-afterwards luxury.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

beep-beep car is go posted:

Alien Weaponry would be my shittunes of choice

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They should just play sounds of horrific farty splattery making GBS threads if they really want to cover it up.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

beep-beep car is go posted:

BloodBag posted:

Alien Weaponry would be my shittunes of choice

Gotta admit, these made me laugh.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Kaker or Lord of G do you always get the title first or have you ever flipped one with just the import paperwork?

It has been 9 weeks and I don't have the title on the Majesta, Landcruiser will be in my driveway by next week and I want to detail and sell. Worried it is going to be the middle of winter and snowing by the time I get the title on that (but maybe that would make cool pics)

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
I've always gotten the title, it was a much easier sell ( because foreign!). I found I could ask a higher premium.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

I've always gotten the title, it was a much easier sell ( because foreign!). I found I could ask a higher premium.

That is what I figured, thanks

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Alright so it's not really importing and selling but this post is a photo dump of all the cool poo poo I've seen the last five days in the home of JDM.

This was a car rental place right outside Narita. I didn't want to be skeezy and walk over and take pics but I saw that awesome Stagea (it had red badging in grille and on fenders). Behind it was another skyline (looked like a r32 gtst?). There was an Evo , 2 stis, a late model Integra (rsx).

Sapporo:

This was at a Toyota dealership. If it is a genuine Tom's Crown that's pretty legit.

A fully loaded Every, but the guy was using it as a work van. Wanted to see if he would sell it :).

Fozzy Sti, was clean from 20 ft. Also sounded stock, which means it would fetch mint stateside. #Neverbeenvapedin

Easily the second coolest car I have seen so far. A manual (from the sound of it) Corolla Wagon. 4wd (guessing at this) and turbo (could hear it). The thing is a super cool nuggets, can't believe Toyota never gave us this car.

Clean Levorg STi. This car is super good looking. Subaru is idiotic by not bringing this to the US. Especially since it's on the the global platform (so I'd assume it shares the same crash test info as wrxs). We can hope that since they have posted a huge loss this year they will start to get back to releasing good cars in the US and not the crossover garbage they have been for a while now.

I will post part two in a second.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That car rental lot is Omoshiro's Narita branch :)

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Part two: Ordering Sapporo in Sapporo is just bieru

Going to Japan to see your first Alpina.

All Jimmy's are cool.

Here it is the crown Jewel of the day, Accord Wagon. I have no affinity for Honda, but that is a dam fine looking car. Way better than the Acura we got (if we did). Also if you look at the back carefully...it's SH4WD. I didn't snap a pic of the interior but of course it was manual. This thing is the best.

Eurobeat intensifies! Also no rust.

Some Toyota thing, was more interesting than cool.

BRZ with a wing and a Bride Seat.

Not my cup of tea, but the color is kinda interesting.

Another clean Fozzy, not really able to figure out what model this is. Maybe like an FXT equivalent?

GIVE ME MOAR STICKARS!!!!!! Love all the features. Also very clean, guy was sitting in the van couldn't get the balls to ask if he would sell.

Blurry S3 wagon/hatch.

I am in Sendai and Nagano for the next two days so probably won't be updating much. After that it's Osaka and Kyoto, I expect to get lots of cool pics. Then on to Tokyo.

If you all don't want me to clutter this thread with the photo dumps just let me know and I can open another or something.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
anyone in japan right now - ebisu matsuri is on the 10th/11th

if you can make it out there take a helmet and snag some passo runs

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Some Toyota thing, was more interesting than cool.

C-HR. We have these in the US. I rented one in Ireland. It's a hybrid.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

SquirrelGrip posted:

anyone in japan right now - ebisu matsuri is on the 10th/11th

if you can make it out there take a helmet and snag some passo runs

the lone star drift / youtube dudes are all there now or will be there for matsuri too

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

the lone star drift / youtube dudes are all there now or will be there for matsuri too

Aaron “I don’t ask permission for poo poo” is the last person I would want to see

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

My dad owned one of these for a while. Comfy ride. But it turns out putting a down-tuned Evo 7 Engine in a SUV means maintenance is expensive

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That accord wagon is my jam

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

everdave posted:

We had the sedan as the Acura TSX. We did get the next generation wagon, although I don't see those much.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

everdave posted:

Agreed , it looks so much better than the tsx (or whatever the silar car was). Also 4wd and manual is the tits.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
you've seen the tsx, but have you seen the csx????

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Those pics are all cool but that Stagea is for real the coolest.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Agreed , it looks so much better than the tsx (or whatever the silar car was). Also 4wd and manual is the tits.

I know we had the tsx but they are rare and I don’t know enough and I doubt we ever got a manual. Why can they just not make manual wagons and sell them here? poo poo I’d take a corolla wagon all day long New.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

everdave posted:

I know we had the tsx but they are rare and I don’t know enough and I doubt we ever got a manual. Why can they just not make manual wagons and sell them here? poo poo I’d take a corolla wagon all day long New.

We never got a TSX Sport Wagon with manual in the US. If they did I'd have bought one and would probably still be driving it today in that better world.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Midjack posted:

We never got a TSX Sport Wagon with manual in the US. If they did I'd have bought one and would probably still be driving it today in that better world.

We all would friend. There would be 4wd Accord wagons, Turbo Corolla wagons, and Levorg stis aplenty.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
wagons4life

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

everdave posted:

Kaker or Lord of G do you always get the title first or have you ever flipped one with just the import paperwork?

It has been 9 weeks and I don't have the title on the Majesta, Landcruiser will be in my driveway by next week and I want to detail and sell. Worried it is going to be the middle of winter and snowing by the time I get the title on that (but maybe that would make cool pics)

Didn't see this earlier, but I've never sold something without the clear title in my hand.

As a ~dealer~ it's even easier as all I have to do is get the initial inspection, go get the title assigned ($95) and then I can immediately throw the dealer plates on it and it is registered and insured.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Didn't see this earlier, but I've never sold something without the clear title in my hand.

As a ~dealer~ it's even easier as all I have to do is get the initial inspection, go get the title assigned ($95) and then I can immediately throw the dealer plates on it and it is registered and insured.

I will wait on titles, but expect a photo challenge next week when I get the Cruiser

NoSpoon
Jul 2, 2004
It’s amazing how familiar the roads in Japan are to an NZer. GT-T Caldinas are pretty commonplace here, although they’re slowly dying out as people thrash them into oblivion.

I found it strange when I first went to the US that you just don’t have station wagons. All SUVs and sedans.

Here’s a pic some of you might appreciate. This kei truck pops up at school fairs here, giving kids rides for $1. Yes it has a siren. My kid was pretty excited.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

NoSpoon posted:

It’s amazing how familiar the roads in Japan are to an NZer. GT-T Caldinas are pretty commonplace here, although they’re slowly dying out as people thrash them into oblivion.

I found it strange when I first went to the US that you just don’t have station wagons. All SUVs and sedans.

Here’s a pic some of you might appreciate. This kei truck pops up at school fairs here, giving kids rides for $1. Yes it has a siren. My kid was pretty excited.

The only thing that I really noticed when I've been in Tokyo is that the taxis are different and there are more exotic cars than Auckland. Other than that? Same thing really aside from leaning towards newer cars.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:siren: AI Secret Santa is up! :siren:

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Solus posted:

The only thing that I really noticed when I've been in Tokyo is that the taxis are different and there are more exotic cars than Auckland. Other than that? Same thing really aside from leaning towards newer cars.

Was trying to help an Uber driver in Auckland change the language setting on his JDM Prius, naturally there just straight up weren't any other language options than Japanese :negative:

NoSpoon
Jul 2, 2004

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Was trying to help an Uber driver in Auckland change the language setting on his JDM Prius, naturally there just straight up weren't any other language options than Japanese :negative:

My favourite are the ones with a GPS that assume all latitudes are positive so show you driving around off the coast of Japan.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I used to write software for a satcom gear manufacturer. Satcom gear needs to know where it is to know how to communicate with the satellite, and, for this reason, is equipped with a GPS receiver.

The amount of longitude/latitude/signedness/what-happens-if-you-cross-the-international-date-line-backwards? fuckups that made it into the field was baffling.

Also, the satellite beams hitting the earth in sort of a honeycomb pattern overlap, so you can either be in on, two or three beams. Cue someone loving up in the case of three, which, in practice, only manifested itself in Kampala, the capitol of Uganda.

Local distributor: "poo poo ain't working, yo."
Us: "Naw, can't be, works everywhere else."
Local distributor: "If I get in my Landcruiser and drive five hours in any direction, things work fine!"
Us: "Naw, must be user error."
Local distributor: "It really, honestly doesn't work here."
Us: *sigh* "OK, we'll send a guy."
Field Tech: "OK, it actually doesn't work here..."
SW nerds back home: *pours over logs* "...hey, this minus shouldn't be here. Means that when you can see three beams, it comes out as seeing zero beams. Oooops."

Sorry for the derail, back to tyte JDM poo poo.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Kei van spotted.
https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-2uVZrRga4sQIIyl.htm

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Day 5-9 Kessenema, Nagano, Osaka, Himeji- Kei's on Parade

Sorry for the blur, this thing was awesome.

If I read the sign right a seventies Honda race car. Had ITBs and a 4 cyl.

Sick Toyota Wagon, had an Aristo front end?

Camo Olive kei truck lyfe.

All Kei's should be required to have semitruck mirrors, it's their birthright.

I think turbo jimny?

This Suzuki made a Honda City look like a full size. Dunno the model.

I wish my BH wagon looked this good, also had a turbo, and also was a five speed. (Foreshadowing)

Another clean Levorg.

Godzirra!

Interesting looking 6, with a cool license plate.

New Alto Works

Random Subie nugget, totally my jam.

Smallest excavator I've ever seen, at six ft tall I was taller than it.

Evo poking out to say hello

Another fantastic Alto.

Fozzy sti.

MOAR turboed nuggety goodness.

Yota and Honda, bff!

Such a nice BH sedan. Also ten points if you guess where this post is headed.

For the piece de resistance...I have been to the mountain top boys. I have seen what the meaning of life really is. The meaning of life is UP Garage. I was a little skeptical because I felt various internet sources had maybe over dramatized it. I can tell you that is not the case it is a wonderous Mecca for JDM lovers. Behold:

What's that? You want a genuine Recaro in excellent condition. Ok, 300$.....

The classic Recaro confetti also in good condition, also around 300$.

I couldn't snap a picture but there was a what looked like brand new Bride Strada 2 carbon fiber tub, leather wrapped (about 2,600 USD) for 1,000$. I lost my poo poo.

Also I was walking through the other aisles when what do I stumble upon:

A set of mint BH Legacy JDM headlight housings, with working ballasts, bulbs, and leveling motor (they are shrink wrapped so it showed up weird on camera). This cost me all of 35 USD. This was in Himeji , which I am told is a smaller UP Garage, I will try and visit one or two in Tokyo and or Osaka. These places are gold mines though, every car person should go.

Also I saw what I believe is another auto store. I think it's called Super Bacs (saw on train for a split second), is it worth making the trip?

Lastly, sad I haven't seen one cool rwd Nissan yet (where are you Z32 and Silvia's)!!!!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Another fantastic Alto.
Wagon R!

Also I saw what I believe is another auto store. I think it's called Super Bacs (saw on train for a split second), is it worth making the trip?
Super Autobacs. Yeah, well worth a look, but perhaps more "generic" than UpGarage.

Lastly, sad I haven't seen one cool rwd Nissan yet (where are you Z32 and Silvia's)!!!!
If you put a Datsun badge against your ear, you can hear them rusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I remember they brought some Autobacs to southern California about 15 years ago, when Initial D / import culture was at a peak. Haven't looked to see if they're still around. I think the one I visited in Tokyo had a book section.