Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Fender Anarchist posted:

i've been hiding this for like 4 months but gently caress it yall are cool

so yeah i caught me a case of the genders. that's pretty important context for my reaction to all this. my state vocally and undeniably wants me dead, or at least cares enough about MAH TAX DOLLARS that they're willing to vote in politicians who do, which is functionally no different. i can't even claim the right wingers are a vocal minority anymore, 8 million people voted yesterday, something like 60% of the state, and we still lost.

Yeah, we want you alive and happy.

And whose opinions are more important in this world: politicians or a bunch of members of a forum famous for making GBS threads-pants, in a sub-forum where the common theme is that the internal combustion engine was a gift from Jesus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

well if nothing else the despair i've been feeling for the last twelve hours is slowly morphing into a burning hateful rage i haven't felt since i worked at loving sears

so that's.... something?

god i want to pound people's faces and i hate that i want that

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Don't hide who you are, look at Fridge Corn, he's just openly a bit of a dick and we still (kinda) love him for it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Sorry about your sister's health, but GTFO. NOW.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Fender Anarchist posted:

well if nothing else the despair i've been feeling for the last twelve hours is slowly morphing into a burning hateful rage i haven't felt since i worked at loving sears

so that's.... something?

god i want to pound people's faces and i hate that i want that

Time of the month?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

^^I started hormones on monday so I doubt there's been time for that yet.

yeah the whole "realizing who i am" thing and sorting out the fallout from that has been the main thing that's kept me from really making plans, it started hitting right after i graduated and had a lot more free time to reflect. now i've got my meds, i've got a prescription as precedent, and i've got a literal life-or-death reason to blow this loving joint.

gently caress do I hate that it's happening like this.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Have a good war.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Fender Anarchist posted:

yeah the whole "realizing who i am" thing and sorting out the fallout from that has been the main thing that's kept me from really making plans, it started hitting right after i graduated and had a lot more free time to reflect. now i've got my meds, i've got a prescription as precedent, and i've got a literal life-or-death reason to blow this loving joint.

The best revenge is living well.

I don't care about the opinions of people I don't respect.
Au contraire, I take the view that if an rear end in a top hat hates me, that must mean I am a Real Cool Dude. So the more assholes who dislike me, the happier I am.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fender Anarchist posted:

so yeah i caught me a case of the genders. that's pretty important context for my reaction to all this. my state vocally and undeniably wants me dead, or at least cares enough about MAH TAX DOLLARS that they're willing to vote in politicians who do, which is functionally no different. i can't even claim the right wingers are a vocal minority anymore, 8 million people voted yesterday, something like 60% of the state, and we still lost.

gently caress this state gently caress the south gently caress the country gently caress this gay earth

Everyone here supports you. We're a bunch of disfunctional assholes but at least none of us are racist bigots. Get the gently caress out of there for your own health and safety.

So I just came from the structural inspection and they found no issues with the slab or foundation or anything. This means Rhyno will be closing on his new home very soon.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fo3 posted:

To me it's loving obscene and insane that voting is optional

No it's not. I choose not to vote and wouldn't appreciate being forced to do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

No it's not. I choose not to vote and wouldn't appreciate being forced to do it.

I'd say eventually we'll have no choice. Like how we have to have "health care" now.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Fender Anarchist posted:

gently caress this state gently caress the south gently caress the country gently caress this gay earth
Good luck Fender

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Fender Anarchist posted:

Somewhere (massachusettes??) just voted to enshrine lgbt rights so it's not all lost keep fighting the good fight etc

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Fender Anarchist posted:

Good luck!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Good luck Fender!

Voting should be opt out, not opt in

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Don't hide who you are, look at Fridge Corn, he's just openly a bit of a dick and we still (kinda) love him for it.

Aww cheers mate ❤ u too

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
There was a bunch of spending on Colorado ballot.
Big f u to oil companies et al.
Tax the rich
Fix the roads
Fix school funding
Fix mental/homeless
Campaign finance reform
Boom times here at the moment, for last ten years, too.

All of it shot down.
Oh well.

Local funding in Denver did pretty good.
Gerrymandering fix is in
Gay married gov yay
House & senate

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Now I'm seeing all this stuff about if you don't like the results to organize and all that poo poo.

gently caress that. I have jobs and obligations and other responsibilities that keep me from babysitting the goddamned government. It is not too much to ask that our elected officials not be Nazis and act as responsible individuals.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

QuarkMartial posted:

Now I'm seeing all this stuff about if you don't like the results to organize and all that poo poo.

gently caress that. I have jobs and obligations and other responsibilities that keep me from babysitting the goddamned government. It is not too much to ask that our elected officials not be Nazis and act as responsible individuals.

Do what now?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

QuarkMartial posted:

gently caress that. I have jobs and obligations and other responsibilities that keep me from babysitting the goddamned government.

Pretty much. Imagine if you will, getting really worked up emotionally over the cola wars because that's where we're at with politics. People just need to take a few years off of politics and realize it doesn't impact their life nearly as much as they're told it does.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

QuarkMartial posted:

It is not too much to ask that our elected officials not be Nazis and act as responsible individuals.

Lol good luck with that

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

this is a really stupid viewpoint, your state consistently comes in very close several races that are critically important and you do nothing to oust the bad candidates (who you appear to not support) by not participating

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

this is a really stupid viewpoint, your state consistently comes in very close several races that are critically important

Maybe that's what every state should strive to do since it means the people there probably have the most open mind to not going to hard one way or the other?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

keykey posted:

Maybe that's what every state should strive to do since it means the people there probably have the most open mind to not going to hard one way or the other?

lol

please stop posting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

lol

please stop posting

lol you're right, go with political ads that say ABSOLUTELY VOTE THAT WAY NO QUESTION. :3:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Adiabatic posted:

Do what now?

Apparently, if I'm not happy with the results of the election, I'm supposed to organize and devote my life to political activism. Who the hell has time for that?

Just venting, sorry.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Can I choose "Do Who" instead of "Do What" as my question?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

QuarkMartial posted:

Apparently, if I'm not happy with the results of the election, I'm supposed to organize and devote my life to political activism. Who the hell has time for that?

Just venting, sorry.

And of course our shitbag governor got re-elected no problem.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Good luck Fender Anarchist, try and get yourself somewhere less torch-and-pitchforky about this poo poo.

spog posted:

The best revenge is living well.
Some kind of doomsday device that obliterates a large proportion of a continent does also have merit.

I don't think people should be forced to vote, but I feel you should still go out and spoil your ballot by writing "none of these buggers" across it or something, so it's categorically not just not bothering.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for not voting?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

some_admin posted:

There was a bunch of spending on Colorado ballot.
Big f u to oil companies et al.
Tax the rich
Fix the roads
Fix school funding
Fix mental/homeless
Campaign finance reform
Boom times here at the moment, for last ten years, too.

All of it shot down.
Oh well.

Local funding in Denver did pretty good.
Gerrymandering fix is in
Gay married gov yay
House & senate

Not all of it, that one measure about property values was disguised, it was really oil companies trying to make it law to allow them to sue the state for lost revenue if we prevent them from sucking every penny out of the ground. It failed.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The fracking ban bill was stupid, especially if you drive a car that uses gas.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Hate to ask more questions but is it worth it to pay a lot more and stay near French Quarter / Bourbon Street or in the day and age of uber is it ok to stay by airport? We are talking about hundreds of dollars difference (New Orleans)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

QuarkMartial posted:

Who is insinuating you should devote your whole life to political activism?

You can't find a few hours a month - every other year - to volunteer with a candidate or local party's campaign to stuff mailers, work a phone bank, go canvasing, etc?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Volunteer and then refuse to send those annoying spam texts

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

this is a really stupid viewpoint, your state consistently comes in very close several races that are critically important and you do nothing to oust the bad candidates (who you appear to not support) by not participating

Close races between doucebags and fucksticks yay where do I sign up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

Hate to ask more questions but is it worth it to pay a lot more and stay near French Quarter / Bourbon Street or in the day and age of uber is it ok to stay by airport? We are talking about hundreds of dollars difference (New Orleans)

Just depends on how much time you want to waste traveling.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Grakkus posted:

Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for not voting?

As soon as someone that's worth a poo poo comes along I'll vote, until then I'm not going to bother.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Just depends on how much time you want to waste traveling.

I have no idea I'd rather stumble drunk back to a hotel but lots of places seem to be like a max of 9 miles away that shouldnt take long in uber right? I know nothing about New Orleans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Geoj posted:

to volunteer

Work for free? Forget that noise, that's what poor people do!

• Locked thread