Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Now i gotta listen to that song again. The best curse to bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Poniard posted:

Only an in character voldo cosplayer has a chance of defeating sonicfox

As an in-character Voldo cosplayer, I can confirm I have no loving chance of beating Sonixfox

WHOA, is Guile supposed to have a flag tattoo on both of his shoulders? That absolutely seems wrong. These colors don't run!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

exquisite tea posted:

If you can't stand people throwing their fetish in your face then how can you even play a fighting game lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zero VGS posted:

As an in-character Voldo cosplayer, I can confirm I have no loving chance of beating Sonixfox

WHOA, is Guile supposed to have a flag tattoo on both of his shoulders? That absolutely seems wrong. These colors don't run!

Like a bus

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah originally there was only 1 set of sprites that got mirrored when they switched sides, so Guile has two flag tats and Sagat's missing eye trades spots when he faces different directions.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The whole reason Gill is designed the way he is is that Capcom wanted to show off the power of the CPS3 by having a character that would behave differently depending on which way they faced

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
astaroth costume brought to you by AXE body Srpay

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zero VGS posted:

It's supposed to represent marching forward with the flag or something, I've met a few veterans with the tattoos and even more with the same setup on the sides of their car

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dracula Factory posted:

Yeah originally there was only 1 set of sprites that got mirrored when they switched sides, so Guile has two flag tats and Sagat's missing eye trades spots when he faces different directions.

This is why Dee Jay has MAXIMUM on his pants, because it's a perfectly symmetrical word.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

This is why Dee Jay has MAXIMUM on his pants, because it's a perfectly symmetrical word.

that's just a happy coincidence. he actually has that on his pants because it's bad rear end.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

It's supposed to represent marching forward with the flag or something, I've met a few veterans with the tattoos and even more with the same setup on the sides of their car

Right, I'm a vet, the flag is backwards on uniforms and vehicles when it is on the right side; it is made to look like the wind is blowing the flag backwards, because you're advancing forwards. If it were normal on the right side, it would mean the wind is blowing it forwards because you're retreating. Hence when I said the saying "these colors don't run", it is an old saying and a double-entendre, meaning the colors of the flag don't wash out, and the colors (color is a term for the flag, as in "color guard") will never retreat.

Now that I went and checked, he does have a tattoo on both sides in both SF2 and modern SF games; ironically SF2 because of the sprite mirroring has both tattoos "advancing", but SFV's official design has it "retreating" on the right shoulder: https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Guile

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 3, 2018

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's retreating to a better game

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

see you in ST, soldier...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
guile should have it retreating on both shoulders, considering.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

these colors don’t run. but they do backdash and turtle in the corner.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Guile is sitting perfectly still, waiting for the precise moment to strike.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 4, 2020

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Saw that the Blazblu Cross Tag game's on sale. Is anyone still playing online and is it worth picking up?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
On PC at least it's not PACKED but you can definitely find someone to play against. As a game I personally think it is drat solid and fun as hell. It's simplistic but in a good way, you can make just about anything work, everything is broken and it's all fun. It's kinda what I wanted DBFZ to be speed and damage wise as well; quick, punchy and relatively easy to understand. Definitely worth a buy if you can spare it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I forgot Omen of Sorrow was a thing but it seems it's out now on PS4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5QfSbdk_lo

EDIT: it's $50, gently caress that https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1979-CUSA07361_00-OMENOFSORROWEEEA

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Why the gently caress is it 50 bucks, like I'd be up for a cheeseball fighting game like that if it were actually priced right but what in the hell :psyduck:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah I always just assumed it was a $10-15 game but I'm looking it up now and it seems it's getting a disc release and everything https://www.amazon.com/Omen-Sorrow-PlayStation-4/dp/B07BTPQHRX

It also seems like Sony may have paid for an exclusivity window for some unknown reason.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I actually got a guided walkthrough from the dude that makes Omen of Sorrow. Game is actually really cool with a lot of heart (despite the jank animations), but yeah 50 bones base price is a lot more than I thought. I figured it was gonna go for like 20 bucks.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Renoistic posted:

Saw that the Blazblu Cross Tag game's on sale. Is anyone still playing online and is it worth picking up?

blazblue tag is a cool game and will get a revival of players once they finally stop being coy and follow up on that vague promise of DLC from a 5th series from months ago

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

inthesto posted:

The whole reason Gill is designed the way he is is that Capcom wanted to show off the power of the CPS3 by having a character that would behave differently depending on which way they faced

Is this true because :laffo: SNK did this in KoF'99 with Clark's armbands and stuff with the power of hardware from 1989.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Neo Rasa posted:

Is this true because :laffo: SNK did this in KoF'99 with Clark's armbands and stuff with the power of hardware from 1989.

its also why Helen/Kolin had asymmetrical hair in SF3

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
whens fightcade gonna have street fighter the movie

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

darealkooky posted:

whens fightcade gonna have street fighter the movie

never it doesnt run on fba at all :(

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
One of the MAME developers mentioned that netplay is planned for next year. I have no idea what that's going to entail netcode-wise, but it should open the door to other games at least.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Other games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2??

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Elephunk posted:

Other games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2??
I don't think MAME's NAOMI emulation is all that crash-hot at the moment, and it'll certainly require higher system specs than any given standalone emulator with proper 3D acceleration etc.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/1061815717358645249

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I didn't, gimme a video

EDIT: I got a video https://www.twitch.tv/videos/334677560

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 12, 2018

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
A couple of my friends just got the newest tekken and soul calibur for ps4 and are looking for decent fight sticks for cheap. I remember there used to be certain sticks made for less popular games that were good. Whats the best cheap controller that works with ps4 right now?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For tekken and sc just play on controller

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
DS4s are on sale for $40 during black friday

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Real hurthling! posted:

Is Tekken really better on controllers? What about motions like HCBs or moves like EWGFs?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Schneider Heim posted:

Is Tekken really better on controllers? What about motions like HCBs or moves like EWGFs?

its not better, but some people prefer it. tekken has long been played on controllers, the tekken 5 arcade machine had psx controller ports in it even. qcf and hcb are not particularly hard on pad

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gejimayu posted:

A couple of my friends just got the newest tekken and soul calibur for ps4 and are looking for decent fight sticks for cheap. I remember there used to be certain sticks made for less popular games that were good. Whats the best cheap controller that works with ps4 right now?

Ya, they're called Dual Shock 4 and should have come with the PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Real hurthling! posted: