Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bedlam posted:

I tried shooting her as she rode away and it was grayed out and wouldn't let me. I restarted the mission specifically to check and it turns out she's invincible

Then why’d she need my help with the bounty hunters in the first place? Jeez Louise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Irritated Goat posted:

Ok. I've done a cursory google but is there any loving way to change the HUD size? I can't see those tiny rear end icons with my terrible eyes :(

One might flash red and all I can do is say "Cool." cause I have no loving clue what it does.

Other than the three radar options you get when you hold down on the d-pad, not really.

You could download the RDR2 app for your phone or tablet and use that instead and then just have it close to your face?

DrNutt posted:

Overheard in camp: Ms. Grimshaw telling Mary Beth that her youthful glow will fade and she'll get old, despite the fact that she herself, the old lady of the camp, has marble smooth skin and a rocking set of cans.

I overheard some dude in camp compliment Miss Grimshaw on how she must have been a real looker in her day and then when she thanked him, he proceeded to let her know how that's certainly no longer the case in the most awkward way possible.

So, she gets hers.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sorry if it's been asked and answered already but I checked the past 10 or so pages and didn't see it.

What decides whether or not a Legendary animal will be available to hunt? Like I've hunted and killed a couple of them, but every time I try to go kill the Legendary Buck, it says that there's too much activity in the area. So far I have tried:

Leaving the area, camping and coming back
Coming back on foot
Killing wolves in the area
Running off/killing O'Driscolls
Talking to the drunk guy and clearing his thing
Going and doing other quests and coming back
Restarting the game

Kind of at a loss for what to do now. I tried googling around but just saw people complaining about the same with no resolution. Bug?

Ride into the area shooting your gun in the air and clear everything out then leave and come back seems to work.

E: by clear i dont mean kill everything i just ride around making sure the herds actually leave i chase them all out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Well come on game, how did the trapper report my crime to the law when he is sitting in the middle of a forest? His cell phone? And the crime was rich. I was "looting" the saddle bag of a horse that had just been given to me.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Someone on Reddit recorded what happens if you piss off your camp too much.

Also cool is that everyone's responses to Antagonize are contextual with what you've been saying just beforehand.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Sioux posted:

It does not say what it upgrades in the buying menu at the Stables though, does it? I just spent some money on upgrading my horse stuff (XL saddle bag, blanket, saddle and pummel (?) ) last night, but I thought it was purely cosmetic. Usually it says so when there is an effect (e.g. stirrups, which I upgraded when I first entered the stables). Also I hate how it's so easy to make a mistake there. Everywhere the game makes you press the button for 5 seconds when you purchase or donate anything above a dollar and at the stables you can easily spend 40 buck on a different color saddle (with no stats or worse stats?) when you navigate the menu. I think I accidentally bought 4 or 5 saddles or different saddle colors and I'm usually not an idiot.

When you go to buy saddles or stirrups, the UI help on the right will show you you can click in the Right stick to show info. This'll show you how much of a boost you get from them.

DrNutt posted:

Well come on game, how did the trapper report my crime to the law when he is sitting in the middle of a forest? His cell phone? And the crime was rich. I was "looting" the saddle bag of a horse that had just been given to me.

Carrier pigeon, obviously.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

doctor 7 posted:

I got jumped by a random event ambush.

I left Saint Denis and after crossing a bridge about 6 guys and a gattling gun just opened on me. I was killed pretty quick.

I would have been OK with this except the game forces you to come to a complete loving halt from galloping when you encounter events (same thing happened when I was racing for a horse challenge and some lady stopped to ask me to race her, Morgan loving slowed down and nearly stopped, gently caress off lady I am in a race already). So my character stops, in the loving open, and I only really regain full speed after I'm being shot at by half a dozen people.

Really frustrating to get killed by loving stupid gameplay mechanics than me being dumb or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gm7BLqWjpg

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DrNutt posted:

I don't stress about those little things now because I just swing by a post office and pay the equivalent of a lamb's fry dinner then be on my way. You can murder someone in cold blood in front of an entire population and get away with it for the princely sum of $20. Who said capitalism doesn't work?

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

For the heinous crime of stealing a box of varmint rifle bullets, acquiring the princely bounty of $.75, the region of Rhodes suddenly crawled in bounty hunters and lawmen. They spent more in bullets than the sum of my bounty. The system works, friends.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

JBP posted:

I don't stress about those little things now because I just swing by a post office and pay the equivalent of a lamb's fry dinner then be on my way. You can murder someone in cold blood in front of an entire population and get away with it for the princely sum of $20. Who said capitalism doesn't work?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Who's the idiot who decided not to mark killed snakes on the map. Just finding them to kill them is hard enough in the first place.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DogonCrook posted:

Ride into the area shooting your gun in the air and clear everything out then leave and come back seems to work.

E: by clear i dont mean kill everything i just ride around making sure the herds actually leave i chase them all out.

So tried this and was immediately mauled by a cougar

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JBP posted:

I mean it was in an area where I was already wanted dead or alive, so it was pretty moot. I just found myself annoyed at how incongruous it felt. I've played the game pretty much 100% white hat, rarely getting into trouble with the law outside of story missions, so when stuff like this happens it seems all the more frustrating to me.

If the game has a guy in a cutscene say, "please, take this horse" then maybe have a trigger or something so I can check the saddle bags without committing a crime, especially since a further layer of obfuscation is "how the hell does that guy know I'm not rummaging through the saddle bags of my own horse?"

Now that I think about it, it's actually pretty loving cool that Rockstar has crafted such a meticulous and well-realized world that when stuff stands out as "gamey" or "immersion-breaking" it's really jarring. Credit to them then I suppose.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I bumped into a guy in St. Denis and now I have a 500 dollar bounty because I opened a portal to the dimension of cops.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/j5zx9y/youtuber-suspended-for-video-of-killing-feminist-in-red-dead-redemption-2

Gamers are the worst.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Actually, he got unsuspended, so i think you'll find that it is in fact humans that are the worst.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don’t think I saw that one, but one of the videos YouTube recommended to me on my front page was “annoying feminist gets punched” for the st denis suffragette. I guess I follow enough game channels that YouTube’s algorithm figured that’s the kind of thing I’d be into.

Game good, gamers....bad

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

Someone on Reddit recorded what happens if you piss off your camp too much.

Also cool is that everyone's responses to Antagonize are contextual with what you've been saying just beforehand.

This rules.

This drools.

In his defense, there's a lot of things you can do in RDR2 and punch a lot of different kinds of people so while pretty dumb, it likely wasn't his intention to make a video that would directly appeal to the worst kinds of gamers on the planet.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

UnknownMercenary posted:

Who's the idiot who decided not to mark killed snakes on the map. Just finding them to kill them is hard enough in the first place.
Seems to work fine for me.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I know a lot on here run around underweight, but has anyone become absolute fat rear end either? Is that even possible? I'd love to see a big belly bouncing Arthur tearing rear end on the countryside only to puke right before a gunfight.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I found a miner’s cap that has a light on it that always stays on. Makes hunting in the dark way easier

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

In his defense, there's a lot of things you can do in RDR2 and punch a lot of different kinds of people so while pretty dumb, it likely wasn't his intention to make a video that would directly appeal to the worst kinds of gamers on the planet.

His videos beating up on feminists are more popular than videos of people killing Klansmen.

Yep.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

AndyElusive posted:

it likely wasn't his intention to make a video that would directly appeal to the worst kinds of gamers on the planet.

I'm unconvinced

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
I finally got a perfect rattlesnake skin. It is hard enough to find a snake let alone a 3 star snake. I saw one on the road and tracked it. I was about to shoot it in the head with a small game arrow when it "fell" down a slight hill rolled over and over then died on its own. Didn't damage the skin so I was happy with this bug.

I also like the bird kill field I apparently have around me and my horse. I've collected many birds that just took off and got to close to me and died.They don't even get that close.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Welp, upon further consideration I retract my previous comment about how he probably didn't intend to appeal to dipshit gamers.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rockstar should have made the feminists "attractive" to insidiously subvert gamers' minds into falling for them because they want to make the women their waifus. That would have been actually helpful.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They thought the Klan guys would give them a mission to lynch Lenny probably.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Also I did not feel good having to beat up that guy from the freakshow.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Fuzz posted:

Rockstar should have made the feminists "attractive" to insidiously subvert gamers' minds into falling for them because they want to make the women their waifus. That would have been actually helpful.

There's hotties on the feminism roadshow. I bet they went apeshit at having to do that.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

super macho dude posted:

Seems to work fine for me.

So dead snakes are marked on your minimap? Because they sure as hell aren't on mine and it's irritating trying to find their corpses in the grass.

AndyElusive posted:

Welp, upon further consideration I retract my previous comment about how he probably didn't intend to appeal to dipshit gamers.

Since getting the channel back, this dipshit's put up videos called "Red Dead Redemption 2 - Beating Up Chinese Man" and "Red Dead Redemption 2 - Deporting A Mexican" so I'm sure they're just a fine upstanding individual.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I barricaded myself in the Valentine sheriff's office and killed more than 60 people almost completely blocking the doorway. They were stacked up like cord wood. Had to dynamite them out of the way and shot everyone I saw in the face with a shotgun as I rode out of town. This all started because a guy bumped into me as I was walking into the bar and told me to get out of the way.

So obviously I rode to Strawberry, bought a couple of outfits, and then punched the shop keeper so all would be forgiven.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Hihohe posted:

Also I did not feel good having to beat up that guy from the freakshow.

I wish I coulda killed him. He knocked my gunslinger Mauser out of my hand, and it was gone after our fight.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is the Legendary Fish quest bugged or something?
Sent my first one at one post office, later went to another post office with my second fish in my arms, sent that one, it was supposed to cost $5 to send but wasn't charged. Then picked up my mail that was supposed to have the reward for the first fish, but didn't receive poo poo. :confused:

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
Oof, don't call for your own horse during a chase while riding a "borrowed" horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvrDFxg4vro

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

wow the scene where you horse dies and you go back and thank it was harder for me to handle than i expected

also, i presume that there is no alternate ending where arthur survives

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tercio posted:

wow the scene where you horse dies and you go back and thank it was harder for me to handle than i expected

Nope.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AndyElusive posted:

This rules.

This drools.

apparently he made a ton off different massacare videos(shooting klansmen, shooting racist preacher,etc) because he is trying to get views. the beating up the suffragette video got the most views because gamers are dumb chud dipshits so he made like 20 more because that made him money. either way he is dumb shithead and doesn't deserve pity.

Tercio posted:

yeah, that moment made me tear up. mostly because i kept her alive the whole game gently caress me this game knows how to make you feel.

Fuzz posted:

they are though, well some of them in that mission. what i like is rockstar shows the suffragettes as cool and good and in the right.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, that moment made me tear up. mostly because i kept her alive the whole game gently caress me this game knows how to make you feel.

I named my black Arabian horse Westerly as a reference to our eventual escape back to the west. It was the fastest horse and we would get there together in the end. So my headcanon for that horse dying was loving heartbreaking and I bet other people did the same thing. When the horse died and Arthur was hosed it was the biggest "we tried buddy, thanks for the the effort" moment for me and I was in big tears.

I named my horse in the second run Micah.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Knowing I can store infinite not large pelts on the back of my horse makes me way more keen to just randomly stop to hunt when I see a three star animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Just caught Edith downes final fate. It is in blackwater ledger 75 at the bottom of the page when you flip it.