Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apparently he made a ton off different massacare videos(shooting klansmen, shooting racist preacher,etc) because he is trying to get views. the beating up the suffragette video got the most views because gamers are dumb chud dipshits so he made like 20 more because that made him money. either way he is dumb shithead and doesn't deserve pity.

I wasn't giving him pity, I just gave the benefit of the doubt but the content evidence clearly shows he doesn't warrant it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Zaa Boogie posted:

Knowing I can store infinite not large pelts on the back of my horse makes me way more keen to just randomly stop to hunt when I see a three star animal.
Make sure to sell/donate them every so often, I learned the hard way that they disappear if you die.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

JBP posted:

I named my black Arabian horse Westerly as a reference to our eventual escape back to the west. It was the fastest horse and we would get there together in the end. So my headcanon for that horse dying was loving heartbreaking and I bet other people did the same thing. When the horse died and Arthur was hosed it was the biggest "we tried buddy, thanks for the the effort" moment for me and I was in big tears.

I named my horse in the second run Micah.

i named mine Roach, she was big rear end worse horse

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AndyElusive posted:

I wasn't giving him pity, I just gave the benefit of the doubt but the content evidence clearly shows he doesn't warrant it.

i didn't mean to infer you did, sorry.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i didn't mean to infer you did, sorry.

(DIFFUSE)

It's all good, pardner.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
During a chase scene where I wasn't supposed to kill the target, I thought, "oh yeah, I bet I could just shoot the horse," and I have never felt more guilty about a videogame decision in my life.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I had my second random encounter with rich guy on horse challenge me to race

I won

He shot his own horse

I shot him in the face instantly

I lost honour

Wah?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Should've hogtied him and left him for some wolves.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man, chapter 6 spoiler: The steanger mission chain for the widow up north of Annesburg has such a nice ending and I'm concerned it's too good to be true. If I see her icon pop up again I should probably ignore it. I already got my new friend Hamish killed after we went fishing and hunting together. :qq:

Continued: Ahhhhh and then I go to the next story mission, and Micah and Dutch are the most insufferable wormy fucks and I wish I could just gently caress off up north and live out the rest of my tuberculosis-ridden life with the good widow Charlotte. Arthur should have put one between Micah's eyes like four chapters ago.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 9, 2018

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Holy poo poo I cannot for the life of me catch any of these tiny rear end songbirds needed for most of the Trappers hat decorations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DrNutt posted:

Man, chapter 6 spoiler: The steanger mission chain for the widow up north of Annesburg has such a nice ending and I'm concerned it's too good to be true. If I see her icon pop up again I should probably ignore it. I already got my new friend Hamish killed after we went fishing and hunting together. :qq:

I got really loving sad after that. I reckon they should have let the veteran live and made it one of those few good things Arthur did. I really liked that bloke and I really liked that Arthur had a genuine mate to hang out with (that wasn't my other best friend Charle Chaternay)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

super macho dude posted:

Holy poo poo I cannot for the life of me catch any of these tiny rear end songbirds needed for most of the Trappers hat decorations.

If the game was truer to life you'd just be able to hang around the domestic cats and pick up songbird corpses. Even better, you get one as a pet and it just delivers them to you as presents.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

JBP posted:

I got really loving sad after that. I reckon they should have let the veteran live and made it one of those few good things Arthur did. I really liked that bloke and I really liked that Arthur had a genuine mate to hang out with (that wasn't my other best friend Charle Chaternay)

Yup. It was really neat seeing Arthur develop a healthy bond with someone who seemed to have things figured out and didn't need to use him or take anything from him. And honestly it hit me harder than any death so far except maybe Lenny. But God drat it, Buell is a good horse and I'm going to take good care of him (I already know he's going to die and that's going to really suck).

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Oh, huh. If you manage to unlock an upgrade off hand holster at the Trapper you can just get one before Micah gives you one.

I kinda like that better, ha. Doesn't look like I can buy a duplicate gun, though. Guess that'll be later.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 9, 2018

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Just got hit with the missing weapon bug. My double action revolver is MIA. Not in my inventory, horse, or even at the gun shop customize menu. As if I never owned it. Had it all customized too. According to the some people on reddit the weapons you find are more likely to disappear then the ones you buy. So I guess I will buy it this time.

https://highlypixelated.com/red-dead-redemption-2-weapons-disappear/

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

super macho dude posted:

I've been able to get some just by aiming at everything in the air....if it just says "bird" and gives me the option to study I just shoot it and pick it up, cook it and get the feathers

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

super macho dude posted:

They should add birdshot ammo for shotguns. It would be nice since they want us to murder all wildlife.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

heckyeahpathy posted:

During a chase scene where I wasn't supposed to kill the target, I thought, "oh yeah, I bet I could just shoot the horse," and I have never felt more guilty about a videogame decision in my life.

I went the whole game without paying my bounties because it got to the point where the game was sending hunting dogs after me with every bounty hunter spawn, and I didn't want to have to kill any more doggos

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

CharlestonJew posted:

I went the whole game without paying my bounties because it got to the point where the game was sending hunting dogs after me with every bounty hunter spawn, and I didn't want to have to kill any more doggos

Probably it would have reduced the amount of doggos coming after you if you paid the bounty but if I'm honest I don't understand how any of the mechanics fo this game work.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nolgthorn posted:

Probably it would have reduced the amount of doggos coming after you if you paid the bounty but if I'm honest I don't understand how any of the mechanics fo this game work.

Yeah I think the game sends more bounty hunters at you with greater frequency once you have a higher bounty. I had a bounty of about $120 on me for a long time and I was only seeing 3-4 bounty hunters spawning at once. But once I had a $300 + bounty I was getting groups of 7 bounty hunters with 2 hunting dogs accompanying them, and that was real rough. I assume if my bounty was higher they'd send even more guys

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Just ran into a weird possible bug. I camped until midnight and was waiting for a specific encounter that’s supposed to happen at 2 am. Usually time passes just a little too quickly for my taste - 24 hours in 48 minutes - but I noticed it felt like it was taking forever for time to pass. By the time it neared two am and I had done a ton of wandering around the area I timed it: every 30 seconds or so was one minute in game. I closed the game and restarted and a minute was back to 30 minutes in game. I don’t know if it’s the long running sleep/resume cycle messing something up or something the game does on purpose but it was odd.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Enderzero posted:

Just ran into a weird possible bug. I camped until midnight and was waiting for a specific encounter that’s supposed to happen at 2 am. Usually time passes just a little too quickly for my taste - 24 hours in 48 minutes - but I noticed it felt like it was taking forever for time to pass. By the time it neared two am and I had done a ton of wandering around the area I timed it: every 30 seconds or so was one minute in game. I closed the game and restarted and a minute was back to 30 minutes in game. I don’t know if it’s the long running sleep/resume cycle messing something up or something the game does on purpose but it was odd.

Night time passes faster than day time does. Its weird but its definitely intentional and actually works kinda well, especially if you don't time it and realize. There may be other exceptions for missions or something.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Anyone else ever notice on the Rhodes' church sign that the pastor's name is Grimshaw?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Yup. It was really neat seeing Arthur develop a healthy bond with someone who seemed to have things figured out and didn't need to use him or take anything from him. And honestly it hit me harder than any death so far except maybe Lenny. But God drat it, Buell is a good horse and I'm going to take good care of him (I already know he's going to die and that's going to really suck).

Stranger spoilers: Hamish and Charlotte were two of the last questlines I finished, in chapter 6. It felt kind of fitting that Arthur was finally starting to be the kind of man he could live with being and was starting to connect with people, right as everything else goes to poo poo.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Zaphod42 posted:

Night time passes faster than day time does. Its weird but its definitely intentional and actually works kinda well, especially if you don't time it and realize. There may be other exceptions for missions or something.

Yeah I noticed that when I was researching what might have happened. I wasn’t on a mission or anything, just running around with time extremely slow.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh, huh. If you manage to unlock an upgrade off hand holster at the Trapper you can just get one before Micah gives you one.

I kinda like that better, ha. Doesn't look like I can buy a duplicate gun, though. Guess that'll be later.

Yeah, I just did this mission a few minutes ago and was bummed considering I already have like three of them.

I can really see how gameplay would dovetail nicely with the story in chapter 2 if you didn't spend dozens of hours dicking around in the open world like I have. If you just progressed story missions with maybe some stranger stuff on the side, you'd pretty much be flat broke and that would probably make the bounty system more impactful. The gang would constantly be hemmed in after they run riot in town after town, the Pinkertons and local sherrifs always on their heels. But I made 3 grand just from treasure hunts and have basically given everyone at camp the most luxurious life they could ask for under the circumstances. And whenever I get a bounty from a story mission I immediately pay it off because 80 bucks ain't poo poo and I don't want anyone to interfere with my hunting.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Found out you can export photos through the social club.

Also found out there's a photo studio in Saint Denis and like, yeah!!!!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo. Playing this game while higher than I have ever been before is transcendental. 10/10 would do again. Recommend to others.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I was looking for grizzly bears and the hunter became the hunted

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I was surprised to learn that grizzlies in Black Bone Forest can actually kill the trapper. Fortunately I had saved a few minutes prior so just reloaded. No idea if the trapper dying has lasting repercussions.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Shopkeepers seem to respawn eventually

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Zaphod42 posted:

Sometimes missions will speed up or slow down time or fit the tempo too. I start a lot of missions at night because it looks cool and then by the time you get through the mandatory 'ride with someone and talk for awhile' bit oops, it's already noon.

It was especially egregious in a Lenny mission in Chapter 3 where it went from midnight to late noon in about one minute. Or conversely, if you start the legendary bear mission with Hosea at night time will stand still until its time to setup camp on the other side of the map.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dogen posted:

Shopkeepers seem to respawn eventually

It kinda sucks that given the limited population of the area at the time that you can't just genocide the whole thing and have it all to yourself.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

where does Arthur keep the notes on potential home invasions? I wanted to try one after free a prisoner from shackles the other day

also this game is really fun and I have no real desire to keep the story moving, i'm perfectly happy just hunting and getting neat gear

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HungryMedusa posted:

I was looking for grizzly bears and the hunter became the hunted

lmao

you got owned

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I've played since launch and taken my time, and just got to the epilogue. Don't think there'll be another game like this for a long long while, maybe The Last Of Us 2 will hit some emotional notes but will certainly be more linear. I want to gush about this game and the story to everyone who brings it up. Aside from a bit of frustration with the controls, I can't find much criticism. The story really, really worked for me. Cascading tragedies. I could see it as a lengthy book. I kind of wish it was a book. I'm just totally blown away by what they made here.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is there a place to take a bath anywhere in Saint Denis?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Deified Data posted:

Is there a place to take a bath anywhere in Saint Denis?

saloon marker on the map. ignore that it's greyed out

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo. Playing this game while higher than I have ever been before is transcendental. 10/10 would do again. Recommend to others.

This was me playing when I found the (minor world exploration spoiler) meteor cabin dressed as a bear and it was huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Carlosologist posted:

where does Arthur keep the notes on potential home invasions? I wanted to try one after free a prisoner from shackles the other day

also this game is really fun and I have no real desire to keep the story moving, i'm perfectly happy just hunting and getting neat gear

Left on the D-pad holds the secrets you desire