Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The "recommended mission stories" feature is a great way to incentivize replays, I'm gonna almost feel bad when I move on to Colombia instead of doing whatever the mascot mission story is in Miami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh man, I have to travel this weekend and I won't be back until Monday evening. Think I'm going to have to try to get through the story tonight and replay the gently caress out of the levels when I get back.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Are the "new maps" you'll eventually get with the DLC (and gold edition) going to be actual new locations? Or the same locations but at night like they did with Marrakesh and Sapienza? I'm not going to be able to play it early so gold edition doesn't seem worth it unless I'm saving on actual DLC.

Edit: vvvv Hell yeah

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 9, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hobo Clown posted:

Are the "new maps" you'll eventually get with the DLC (and gold edition) going to be actual new locations? Or the same locations but at night like they did with Marrakesh and Sapienza? I'm not going to be able to play it early so gold edition doesn't seem worth it unless I'm saving on actual DLC.

It refers to them as "expansions" and I'd assume that means they're new locations.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

IOI has confirmed that the season pass DLC stuff will be new locations, yes.

I wish I could find it, but at one point in Hitman 2016 (maybe in Hokkaido?) there's travel magazines that hinted at future locations and I was always curious going back now if Hitman 2 locations were hinted at. I recall Vancouver and Reykjavik were hinted at.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 9, 2018

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Can the crowd NPC's see you inject poison in HITMAN 1?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arist posted:

The "recommended mission stories" feature is a great way to incentivize replays, I'm gonna almost feel bad when I move on to Colombia instead of doing whatever the mascot mission story is in Miami.

Mascot mission is good.

My favorite part is the guy who was the original mascot who got knocked out and spends the whole time on the floor going "Oh man that hurt who knocked me out why would they do that??" I circled back later on working my way to the driver and had to laugh when he was still on the ground with the paramedic like "Just don't move!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sininu posted:

Can the crowd NPC's see you inject poison in HITMAN 1?

If you're talking about Hitman Season 1, I do not believe crowd NPCs (at least, ones without mini-map dots) count as witnesses in any capacity. I'm not sure if the Hitman 2 versions change this.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Tim Rogers is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Yq_3RCg80

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Hey fellow, HITPERSONS, can anyone lemme know how the game runs on a base ps4/xbox? Not looking for the BEST VERSION I just want to make sure I get one that isn't a complete pile of dookie. AKA poor framerate ext ext.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I am running it on base ps4 and it runs and looks great. FYI I am not sensitive to minor framerate issues and minor screen tearing...but there doesn't appear to be any of those problems in the game, it runs at a very stable 30fps

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am running it on base ps4 and it runs and looks great. FYI I am not sensitive to minor framerate issues and minor screen tearing...but there doesn't appear to be any of those problems in the game, it runs at a very stable 30fps

Thanks! That's all I wanted to know. I mean, 60fps on p.c/pro/X would be nifty for sure. I just wanted to make sure if I bought it on the ps4 I wasn't going to get like...framerate dips into the single digits in the more heavily crowded areas. Plus I bought alot of maps from the first hitman on ps4 :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I watched the Giantbomb Quicklook yesterday and they said going from PS Pro to Xbone X the Xbone looked and ran way better. I'm not sure if that comparison is the same for a standard PS4/Xbone but take that as you will.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hey fellow, HITPERSONS, can anyone lemme know how the game runs on a base ps4/xbox? Not looking for the BEST VERSION I just want to make sure I get one that isn't a complete pile of dookie. AKA poor framerate ext ext.

DigitalFoundry has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS2BZTIMXgQ&t=760s

tl;dw: you can choose whether to cap it at 30fps, and it holds 30fps nearly all of the time if you do. If you disable the cap it wildly swings between 30fps and 60fps which causes judder so IMO it's better to cap at 30.

Base PS4 is still native 1080p like Hitman 1, but the base XB1 got downgraded to 900p this time.

repiv fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 9, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

repiv posted:

DigitalFoundry has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS2BZTIMXgQ&t=760s

tl;dw: you can choose whether to cap it at 30fps, and it holds 30fps nearly all of the time if you do. If you disable the cap it wildly swings between 30fps and 60fps which causes judder so IMO it's better to cap at 30.

Base PS4 is still native 1080p like Hitman 1, but the base XB1 got downgraded to 900p this time.

Even better, thanks a bunch.

Now only other concern is that I didn't buy 2 maps from Hitman 1 and I'm assuming that to play Hitman 1 in Hitman 2 I shoulda bought all the maps at one point. Cuz I don't wanna pay $80 for a game god drat.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Watching the Digital Foundry summary is worth it if you're not sure which platform, but basically what I glean from it is:

- Xbox One X uncapped performance mode (1440p) basically holds 60fps, at full 4k it is capped at 30, sometimes drops to mid 20s.
- PS4 Pro 1440p uncapped anywhere 60 down to mid 30s, capped (still 1440p) holds 30fps.
- PS4 1080p uncapped 60 to low 30s, capped 30fps
- Xbox One 900p uncapped generally a few frames lower than PS4 60 to low 30s, capped 30fps

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope the GOTY upgrade thing goes on sale for the thanksgiving or holiday steam sale. I never got around to the DLC for season 1. Also, I kind of wish this game was episodic still. It was great fun to just go through an episode over and over again when it came out to figure everything out. Now I'm going to be tempted to move on to the next areas.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Cojawfee posted:

I hope the GOTY upgrade thing goes on sale for the thanksgiving or holiday steam sale. I never got around to the DLC for season 1. Also, I kind of wish this game was episodic still. It was great fun to just go through an episode over and over again when it came out to figure everything out. Now I'm going to be tempted to move on to the next areas.

I played from 7pm till 4am, game is good.

I went through each location once, and now I am going to go through each one, one at a time and unlock everything.

IO really hit it out of the park with this game and it's gonna get better. The base game is better than the reboot already.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

cheesetriangles posted:

You can get the gold edition for 70 bucks on today.... the first official day of early access.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1060942167433048064

now displaying 85$. what's the trick?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Maybe it was an error?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Did you enter the 'AGENT30' code?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Stupid pro-tip for PC users: I was super bummed in the Miami level when my FPS seemed to vary wildly in a noticeable manner as I have a very new PC (i5 8600, 16 GB ram, running off an SSD, GTX 970).

Dialling down the textures from high to medium made zero difference in the graphics quality but now everything is a buttery 60FPS.

I saw some people on the Steam forums making similar performance complaints, so I figured someone would have the same issue here as well.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Sorry, butterfingers'd it. I...I really shouldn't preorder this, I have much too much on my plate right now. I just so desperately need to find out the true identity of the accountant character mentioned in one line in Colorado.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Snuffman posted:

Stupid pro-tip for PC users: I was super bummed in the Miami level when my FPS seemed to vary wildly in a noticeable manner as I have a very new PC (i5 8600, 16 GB ram, running off an SSD, GTX 970).

Dialling down the textures from high to medium made zero difference in the graphics quality but now everything is a buttery 60FPS.

I saw some people on the Steam forums making similar performance complaints, so I figured someone would have the same issue here as well.

Thanks!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The final mission in 2 is the best map by far in either game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Woop woop, got SA on Miami on my first try. Had to reload a few times when I hosed up trying to knock-out a civvie early on but whatever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Arist posted:

Do the mascot mission. It's literally the best one. I love the small talk the guards try to make with 47 in his mascot suit while you wait for the target. Including the guy asking about furry stuff for his 'brother'.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Discendo Vox posted:

Sorry, butterfingers'd it. I...I really shouldn't preorder this, I have much too much on my plate right now. I just so desperately need to find out the true identity of the accountant character mentioned in one line in Colorado.

It's you.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I got the maps from 2016 to load into H2, but it looks like I have to unlock the challenges again.

If I replay a map will I reacquire the unlocks given by that map in 2016? Or should I not bother with those and stick to the new maps in H2 to unlock stuff?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I knew it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

StrixNebulosa posted:

whyyyyyyyyyyyy didn't I go for the gold editionnnnnn

After having the game for a few weeks I'm going to be just fine with my decision on skipping the Gold Edition and getting early access.

Plus I've been too loving busy anyway and it wouldn't have been worth it to have it early for the price they were asking, so

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You have to unlock stuff again in 2. Also never bother playing 2016 again.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

cheesetriangles posted:

You have to unlock stuff again in 2. Also never bother playing 2016 again.

hey sometimes you wanna run around as helmut kruger for a while, so maybe i'll do that as a break from 2's stuff

Are the unlocks spoiled anywhere?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mp5 posted:

hey sometimes you wanna run around as helmut kruger for a while, so maybe i'll do that as a break from 2's stuff

In the Career > Mastery menu you can see them all.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I put about 155 hours into 2016 and I'll probably end up fully completing those levels all over again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Felt a little stifled in Colombia, took me forever to figure out how to get pretty much anything done at first but I made do in the end.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

mp5 posted:

But you can do that in 2.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kanfy posted:

I put about 155 hours into 2016 and I'll probably end up fully completing those levels all over again.

I'm gonna do this but I'm also glad most of the escalations aren't brought back (yet)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Already come across one little bug with the new mechanics in the old maps: The vlogger opportunity/story in Paris doesn't work properly if you don't take the mine out of your briefcase first. 47 will 'plant' it, but the actual mine won't leave your inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

cheesetriangles posted:

But you can do that in 2.

That's what I mean, play through the Paris map in 2. I wasn't sure if doing that and getting Mastery there would unlock the same stuff again.