Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DM Punk posted:

I refuse to believe that even WWE is that dumb.

Do a GIS for Mandy Rose and you'll quickly understand why WWE could be that stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah. Bryan had to remind everyone today the reason that you don't see people like Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, etc pushed is because Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn have a type. If you are a fit blonde with implants, then you'll have a lot of success on the main roster. Otherwise you'll be lucky to get more than a few months in the spotlight. Over your entire career on the main roster in WWE. It's also why you don't see people like Finn pushed. Because he doesn't fit the mold of what Vince thinks should be the face of the company.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

DarkstarIV posted:

So I guess at tonight's Smackdown House Show, there was a vaguely interesting development in the Smackdown Women's Title match.

During the match, Mandy Rose came out (alone) and tried harassing both women (Becky and Charlotte). Leading people to believe she'll likely be Becky's next challenger. ...It would be typical/peak WWE to use Becky to put the title on Mandy. Which is something I wouldn't rule out.

I never fail to be impressed at the effort you put in to find new ways to extrapolate and get depressed online about theoretical future booking

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

I never fail to be impressed at the effort you put in to find new ways to extrapolate and get depressed online about theoretical future booking

In fairness, WWE is a hell of a muse. How many times has a goon made a joke about them picking the dumbest path possible for an angle and then they actually do it? Or pick something even dumber, sometimes when a slam dunk option is available?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah. Bryan had to remind everyone today the reason that you don't see people like Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, etc pushed is because Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn have a type. If you are a fit blonde with implants, then you'll have a lot of success on the main roster. Otherwise you'll be lucky to get more than a few months in the spotlight. Over your entire career on the main roster in WWE. It's also why you don't see people like Finn pushed. Because he doesn't fit the mold of what Vince thinks should be the face of the company.

I think this is the curse of Sabel, Debra and Trish. Those three proved a type sold. But that was in the 90s and the world has changed, but Vince is in his 70s and can't evolve.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1061066282316058624

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

I think this is the curse of Sabel, Debra and Trish. Those three proved a type sold. But that was in the 90s and the world has changed, but Vince is in his 70s and can't evolve.

*insert story from Jim Cornette about trying to book a goddamn show and all Vince and Dunn can talk about is imagining Sable wearing white panties*

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Getting ready to return at the next Saudi Arabia show?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dry County Steve Austin

Ohhhh Helllll Yeahhhhh

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I love the fact that not drinking alcohol for 2 weeks means you're sober.

That's just being normal!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's a highly destructive mindset to have toward any addict.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

How long is good enough to be called "sober." i haven't sniffed a drop of JP-4 in many years, because i cannot find any.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DarkstarIV posted:

Why has Dana Brooke never got a huge push? I've always wondered why Vince has never gotten behind her.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

They tried to but she hosed up her program with Charlotte. She just wasn't good enough.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

Vandar posted:

Why has Dana Brooke never got a huge push? I've always wondered why Vince has never gotten behind her.

Weren't they reportedly really big on her during the time she was Charlotte's sidekick/protege?

Edit: Beaten to it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i wish i could drink alcohol without throwing up. i like the feeling of being drunk, i feel a lot happier and everything is funny to me and it helps with my social anxiety. but later on my tummy starts to hurt and i throw up. so i only get drunk whenever i forget how sick i got the last time. i think Stone Cold is like that, but with being fat instead of throwing up. so i don't think he's really sober. once he forgets he was fat, he'll be drinking again. let's hope he doesn't forget that time he beat his wife.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I mean I think not thinking because of a fitness regiment you're on is much different than going sober because you suffer from substance abuse.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Prove it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/JoshandStuPod/status/1061023739683442688

looks like pyro might be coming back

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Fire! Fire!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i know comments sections are always garbage, but im a little surprised to see people making GBS threads on this, the mildest of news

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dromal phrenia posted:

i know comments sections are always garbage, but im a little surprised to see people making GBS threads on this, the mildest of news

I haven't read the comments (never read the comments!) but I'll go out on a limb and predict that they only read the headline and not the actual article?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Guess that sweet sweet blood money was good for something

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Vandar posted:

She wasn't any good while she was with Charlotte, as the others have said, but also at around the same time she competed in the Arnold Classic, which WWE gave a little advertising to... and she came last.

It's one thing to look like Vince's dream girl, but to gently caress up both wrestling and bodybuilding? She's lucky she wasn't fired on the spot.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol remember when they still kinda gave a poo poo about bayley and then dana pinned her clean

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol remember when they still kinda gave a poo poo about bayley and then dana pinned her clean

That was because Dana botched putting her feet on the ropes

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

That was because Dana botched putting her feet on the ropes

That was so hilarious. If kinda hope Vince and Co go full Carmella on this New WWE Blonde, just to watch the way Steph spins it after. Still surprised they don’t bring back Kelly Kelly full time but she is like 50 in Diva years.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This is the same company that told AJ Lee that the audience didn't find her fuckable and that was a problem.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Von_Doom posted:

That was so hilarious. If kinda hope Vince and Co go full Carmella on this New WWE Blonde, just to watch the way Steph spins it after. Still surprised they don’t bring back Kelly Kelly full time but she is like 50 in Diva years.

Carmella is brunette now.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

Carmella is brunette now.

And she's gotten depushed.

Who has gotten her push? Becky Lynch, whose red hair is closer to blonde than brown is.

I can't believe WWE is pushing women purely based on their looks instead of their talent or popularity with the fans. #IStandWithCarmella #SquinchTheLynch

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
SCSA doing his 10,000th ad for DDP Yoga becoming national news was an odd occurrence

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I think the sole exception to the women getting pushed because of their looks (being blonde) thing will probably be the other MMA 4HW when they show up on the main roster. They'll likely get a very strong push as long as Ronda is around, but once she's gone, I don't see much of a future for any of them. I mean Nikki Cross already lost her debut match on the main roster, so that's a bad omen for her future already.

I think Bryan also brought up that he thinks things will improve once Vince and Kevin are out of the picture, since Triple H looks at talent over appearance.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 10, 2018

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Wait Nikki lost her main roster debut? :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bumper Stickup posted:

Wait Nikki lost her main roster debut? :smith:

To be fair, she lost to Becky Lynch, the current women's champion.

To be fairer, it's not like they HAD to have Nikki's first match be against current women's champion Becky Lynch!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I think the problem a lot of people had with Nikki is that she also tapped out in like 6 minutes and without much resistance. Which further proves that Vince has no idea how to book anyone from NXT or hates that they have any momentum at all and kills it immediately because he didn't create it.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 11, 2018

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's also probably not her "real" call-up, Candice still seems to have a program with her going forward. It's still part of a longer pattern of "Vince either does not know what to do with, or actively resents, the NXT roster" though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Draxion posted:

It's also probably not her "real" call-up, Candice still seems to have a program with her going forward. It's still part of a longer pattern of "Vince either does not know what to do with, or actively resents, the NXT roster" though.

Like I'm pretty sure someone who used to be in WWE creative said in an interview that Vince doesn't like the fact that main roster creative has a lot of ideas for a superstar when they are called up, so he buries the star because he gets sick of hearing how hyped they are.

...Which makes all the sense in the world when you see who is actually successful on the main roster. Elias and Alexa are good examples. They were both called up with little to no fanfare, and now they are in very prominent positions.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cass Is Awesome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No joke, the image loaded but then the page jumped up a bit and for a second before I scrolled back down I thought,"Wow, Bray's lost some weight, good for him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

that is an ungodly amount of oil or water or whatever the gently caress is on him

• Locked thread