Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I look forward to the buildup of another Cain fight he will ultimately have to remove himself from due to injury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Why did DC post a picture of a confused Artem Lobov?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1059638267761606661

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I like Cain fights.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

I like Cain fights.

Same - it's wild that there's only been three in the last five years.

16 fights total in a 12 year professional career.

Edit: Cowboy has had 45 fights in nearly the same span of time.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 9, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cain fights from 2011-2018: 7
Cain significant injuries from 2011-2018: 6

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/26/13752340/ufc-injury-rates-mma-fight-camp-updated-aka-jacksons-blackzilians-team-alpha-male

Interesting article from 2016 about AKA injury rates. Was trying to read up to see if there was any evidence of the weird poo poo they do in training to make their fighters so injury prone.

quote:

Mendez did say that his team has gone through a rough period for injuries and that he’s been doing all he can to change training methods. He explained that Cormier’s injury that took him out of UFC 206 happened while teaching his own wrestling class. He’s insistent that he’s doing all he can to hold back his fighters from over-training and from hard sparring.

“If fighters are looking at me like, ‘you’re f’ing us up coach,’ then I should probably quit. I don’t want to hurt anyone. I do the best to take care of them and they’ll tell you that I don’t let them spar when they’re injured. I hold them back.”

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

PMP weighed in at 170.5

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

JaySB posted:

PMP weighed in at 170.5

He's working with Lockhart and seemed not to have much trouble this time around judging by the Anatomy of a Fighter footage.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Gonna be real here for a second and say I hope Cain comes back and stays healthy. I won’t care if he’s not laying out dudes left and right, I just wanna see him do his thing and have a little more success. It would be so refreshing compared to the dumb poo poo going on in the UFC lately.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Brut posted:

He's working with Lockhart and seemed not to have much trouble this time around judging by the Anatomy of a Fighter footage.

Although Lockhart comes off as a complete Bro Scientist, he seems to have a lot of success with getting the people he works with on weight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:frogsiren: KOREAN ZOMBIE FIGHTING TOMORROW :frogsiren:

:derp:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
lets go zombie :swoon:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

kimbo305 posted:

I like Cain fights.

I like Cain fights too but he's old.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I just thoughr about Mike Dolce for the first time in over a year and loled

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno if Cain was ever the cardio monster people say he was and if it wasn't just the heavyweights being really loving bad but Cain was good if only because his tattoo upset a lot of pasty nerds

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was trying to watch the weigh ins but on the video I found someone that sounded like Ariel just couldn't shut their fuckin' mouth for more than five seconds at a time.

Dude was trying to give the poor woman he was sitting next to history lessons on the city they were in. You could hear in her voice that she just wanted him to stop so she could go back to scrolling through her phone or whatever else wasn't listening to him loving the sound of his own voice.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Bluedeanie posted:

I just thoughr about Mike Dolce for the first time in over a year and loled

i dunno about you, but i still follow the guidelines of LouTrition

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

coconono posted:

It's heavyweight, he's got a few more decades

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

coconono posted:

The #8 ranked heavyweight fought Brandon Thatch's dad 20 years ago.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I dunno if Cain was ever the cardio monster people say he was and if it wasn't just the heavyweights being really loving bad but Cain was good if only because his tattoo upset a lot of pasty nerds

If you're good and everyone else is bad that makes you extea good.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Cain has fewer fights and is younger than the current HW champion. All injuries included, I believe the amount of wear on his body isn't that bad.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Most heavyweights are really bad, but Cain's cardio was a legit thing by the division's standards. Fightmetric keeps a ranking of fighters by most strikes landed per minute and it's almost all featherweights and Joanna/Cyborg, and then there are two heavyweights: Volkov at #8, which is thanks mostly to the Lewis fight being 1/5 of his sample size, and Cain at #6, because he is the only heavyweight who never stops punching you.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i think cain threw like 60+ strikes per round, every round, in the last 2 jds fights

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

The Duck of Death posted:

The #8 ranked heavyweight fought Brandon Thatch's dad 20 years ago.

lol how bout that.

I like Cain because he killed Nog and I have to like the guy that kills my heroes (I became a weidman fan after Anderson got stomped) but also because he's a wrestler with brown pride on his chest and most of my MMA watching buddies are bjj guys who never forgave him for fuckin up Nog and Junior :p

I wish he had been able to fight more in his prime but he is a heavyweight so like someone else said maybe his prime starts at 43

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1060519201473871872

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX2enP2QeUI

Pretty funny staredown

"You're lookin' old these days."
"I am old."
"You are.. I'm gettin' old"

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

He's good and I've been saying it since the beginning when he made fun of that Chinese guy

mewse
May 2, 2006

I wanna take a 3 day toxx on cerrone. Anyone wanna take PMP?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Perry owns

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So tomorrow's card, despite its density of non-wikipedia-having names, looks pretty loving good. Big action tends to follow the main and comain fighters, obviously, but Dariush and Violent Bob Ross tend to bring the action, and Chas Skelly has had some loving awesome fights.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

And importantly there is only one fight above 155 for an altitude card.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

John Gunther is fighting too and that crazy fucker is still sleeping in his van because he doesn't like sleeping on beds

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Remember when Cain spin kicked the Turd Golem?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
wrestlers are all hurt from wrestling already

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

mewse posted:

i'm in

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mewse posted:

Gentlemen, we salute you.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
can anyone explain to me a brief history of sage northcutt and why is he not signed with the ufc? is he not good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Waroduce posted:

can anyone explain to me a brief history of sage northcutt and why is he not signed with the ufc? is he not good?

He's apparently fielding offers as a free agent right now to see who will pay him the most - guessing that's a decision of his dad/agent or whoever takes the creepshots of him for social media

As far as being good I've only seen a fight or two of his so many others here will know more about that but I do bet that the UFC wishes he was as good a fighter as he is a marketable image