Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
For those whose $2 game pass has run out there's now a $1 for 1 month offer running until January.

On top of that the 6 month renewal is also 50% off until January and can apparently be stacked for 3 years worth of game pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Which achievement is it so I know to look out for it?

In my case it was one of the ranks in the mages guild, warlock I believe.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Fanatic posted:

For those whose $2 game pass has run out there's now a $1 for 1 month offer running until January.

On top of that the 6 month renewal is also 50% off until January and can apparently be stacked for 3 years worth of game pass.

I love these deals. I still haven't ever paid full price for Game Pass because of these.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Isn't there some kind of Xbox announcement today or some poo poo

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

trash person posted:

Isn't there some kind of Xbox announcement today or some poo poo

https://twitter.com/XboxCanada/status/1061253416700260355

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a big keynote presentation live from Mexico city

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
TBH I'm mostly looking forward to see what new games come to Game Pass and backwards compatibility. I'd really like to see them start bringing more 360 exclusives over.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Give me Jet Set Radio Future

ufarn
May 30, 2009
PUBG love to make trailers that look nothing like the game.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

ufarn posted:

PUBG love to make trailers that look nothing like the game.

I've never played PUBG, but it looked like a lot more action packed than how I hear matches typically go.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Borderlands but stealing the Stanley Parable narrator

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Main takeaway so far seems to be Microsoft going all-in on their Game Pass.

the guy right here
Oct 3, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are they going to bother to show anything that might make someone want to buy an Xbox?

Also, the fake crowd cheering every 5 seconds is irritating.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Did Crackdown 3 not sell you because you can probably turn off now if not

ufarn
May 30, 2009
They had a "New Studio Acquisitions" bit at the end of their presentation schedule, hopefully that will show something new.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

the guy right here posted:

Are they going to bother to show anything that might make someone want to buy an Xbox?

lol

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

ufarn posted:

They had a "New Studio Acquisitions" bit at the end of their presentation schedule, hopefully that will show something new.

It'll just be "we bought obsidian! no news on what they're making just yet but we bought them so watch out for the announcement in *checks notes* may 2019"

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

You are a retard lol

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
This dude looks like Chandler

the guy right here
Oct 3, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, State of Decay 2 is already out?

I sort of liked the first one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wait, State of Decay 2 is already out?

I sort of liked the first one.

Yeah it’s been out for a bit. I liked the first one as well so hopefully the second one just refines it.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Tunic looks like a blast

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it’s been out for a bit. I liked the first one as well so hopefully the second one just refines it.

Refines is the wrong word for sod2.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

They acquired Obsidian? Holy poo poo.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Microsoft bought Obsidian.
Guess we're not getting Fallout: New Vegas 2 anytime soon.

e;fb.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

We knew that was happening for weeks.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I now just hope for the remaster of the tactical butt wiggling simulator, Alpha Protocol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tecnocrat posted:

They acquired Obsidian? Holy poo poo.

Yeah news broke a few weeks ago they were in talks. Interested to see what they have them do considering all the writers people cared about years back moved on and the studio was transformed into an isometric crpg factory

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Fly with me posted:

Microsoft bought Obsidian.
Guess we're not getting Fallout: New Vegas 2 anytime soon.

e;fb.

Maybe they can work with inXile and bring out a good Wasteland game? If we're really lucky Microsoft will support them and they'll be able to make a game with good production values that isn't forced to be released months before it should.

the guy right here
Oct 3, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
That press conference was really bad for MS but great for publishers of mulitplatform games who just got free advertising for the games that people are going to buy on PC/PS4.

Also, lol at the amount of shovelware being added to gamepass. I think i bought a lot of those games for 3 quid a pice on Steam a couple of years ago.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That press conference was really bad for MS but great for publishers of mulitplatform games who just got free advertising for the games that people are going to buy on PC/PS4.

Also, lol at the amount of shovelware being added to gamepass. I think i bought a lot of those games for 3 quid a pice on Steam a couple of years ago.

Cool thanks for the insight spudsbuckley.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

nah gonna buy it on my x

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sounds like you got ripped off cause now they're just some of the 100s of games available for free on Game Pass.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We know about Obsidian but buying inXile means they can reform Black Isle Studios!

Wasteland 3 has already been crowdfunded and is in development, it comes out sometime next year. So I guess MS will give them a funding boost for all dialog to be recorded as audio and other improvements while for console it'll be an xbone exclusive.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Cool dude. Now go back to GBS

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I have to say that I didn't think I would want to keep subscribing to Game Pass but its really becoming quite good. I've been having a blast playing Forza Horizon 4 over the past month and am really looking forward to the upcoming stuff.

I was also about to buy Ori so glad I don't have to now.

the guy right here
Oct 3, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

American McGay posted:

Sounds like you got ripped off cause now they're just some of the 100s of games available for free on Game Pass.

I played them all already on my 360/PC :(

The Xbox One is the console for people who have been in a coma for a few years and are catching up on the hits of yesteryear.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I was really hoping for some more OG Xbox BC news. It's been like 8 months since the last batch.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Or even just announcing the next Games with Gold titles next month ahead of time.

They confirmed mouse and keyboard support but didn't even tease Age of Empires which could now come to xbone in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nobody here is playing 80% of the stuff on game pass unless they just didn't play games for a decade