Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

imgay posted:

so it should be a null change for town

Could block a town vig hitting scum turning a win into a loss, could turn MYLO into LYLO, could be lying about how you abscond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how is stopping a kill different from any other time a kill gets stopped, if i abscond stop a kill you can just take it as the kill redirecting to me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

So the math here is that imgay gets out of the game if they stop probably 2-3 kills.

So it'd be a net benefit of +1 or +2 bodies if Imgay fulfills their conditions right? Town should still be ahead in that scenario. Its different then a cop because a cop doesn't stop night kills, so when a cop leaves its like another kill against town to control the vote.

Could stop town vigs, could protect scum from SK.

I just don’t get the blind 3p trust but if I’m the only one that feels this way, so be it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
GenericGirlName has been replaced by willie_dee.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Welcome!

##vote willie

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Alright dick skins, I'm here to gently caress poo poo up, I'm not reading the thread until later on tonight, gently caress you all.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

chaoslord posted:

Could stop town vigs, could protect scum from SK.

I just don’t get the blind 3p trust but if I’m the only one that feels this way, so be it.

I mean I could be wrong for sure. Its just that in my experience imgay doesn't lie like this about this stuff.

Also dang. :<

Also any other content we should make up for day 1 so we just don't debate imgay all day?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

willie_dee posted:

Alright dick skins, I'm here to gently caress poo poo up, I'm not reading the thread until later on tonight, gently caress you all.

a man after my own heart

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I mean I could be wrong for sure. Its just that in my experience imgay doesn't lie like this about this stuff.

Also dang. :<

Also any other content we should make up for day 1 so we just don't debate imgay all day?

Only thing I can possibly think of:

Kitiara posted:

Hey, the less D1 bs posts to read, the better.

I’m quite disappointed by my role. It’s as vanilla as they come.

There's like a 10% chance this is serious, and if it is I'm sure I'll have an opinion about it at some point but I haven't figured out what yet. I don't think Yami knows the meaning of the word "vanilla". That might imply... something.

(NB Kit jic, please don't even dream of thinking about considering claimin tia)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I was thinking cool content games, as I'm sure Kit has a very special unique role and the vanilla stuff is just spinning those wheels.

like Mason Lunch vig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am pretty sure imgay is telling the truth (since he literally never lies about his role). I'm willing to have him stick around for now. I mean he's made himself a scum target and given the poll as it stands now he is going to blab how many coins he started with just because he is delegating his play to a poll that can be manipulated.

congrats on building a fiance out of parts since you are a mad scientist merk.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rightio, I'll start.

Hmm.

Mason Mona
for obvious reasons

Lunch Scumalong
for trying to extract the vital information from imgay

Vig KB
for starting the cruel and unjust turboing of good forums poster imgay

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

Oh wow look who decided to join with the biting commentary.

Maybe try to set aside your 3P bloodlust for a moment. I 100% buy that imgay's claim is a cool and reasonable role. It's potentially also very useful for town. And, unlike most 3P's, he has an actual incentive to work together with town.

Sure. If he used it in a non insane way.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

Yes, imgay, famous for his willingness to work with town

Haha exactly.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

But whatever, I guess its likely this is mostly truth on his part since it's him. ##unvote for now.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
C'mon Team Play Nier, you can do it

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

/roll dice

##vote mona

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

imgay posted:

C'mon Team Play Nier, you can do it

is it the first one?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
automato

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Mason Mona
for obvious reasons

:hmmyes:

A Sometimes Food posted:

/roll dice

##vote mona

:hmmyes:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

nice. its a good series.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
it's tamale making season and today is the big day so i will be indisposed for the better part of the next 10 hours but I will try to keep up with the thread.

lol @ ASFs vote

does anyone else think Asiina's vote on KB was bad or is it just me

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
heck, the beet vote too

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The problem with D1 jokephase is trying to analyze some of these votes tends to be kinda slipshod cause people will vote for really dumb jokey reasons. That being said I don't see the vote you're asking about?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also I have podcast stuff to take care of today so I'll be in and out of the thread, mostly out for a bit.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Monathin posted:

The problem with D1 jokephase is trying to analyze some of these votes tends to be kinda slipshod cause people will vote for really dumb jokey reasons. That being said I don't see the vote you're asking about?

Asiina posted:

My gut read of KB will be recalibrated this game.

I will discover his true nature.

##vote KB

Asiina posted:

My vote against KB is legit because he is a man made of poop

I just noticed a possible statement to have cover for (scum) nk:

Asiina posted:

I'm gonna vig you tonight.

but yes, all of this is day 1 and means nothing and also means lunch Dick Bastardly rapidly right before deadline anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Monathin posted:

As it's day 1 is there any point in me going back and reading all the poo poo tier inside regular mafia player jokes? I'd rather skip that crap and jump straight to the meltdowns.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

willie_dee posted:

As it's day 1 is there any point in me going back and reading all the poo poo tier inside regular mafia player jokes? I'd rather skip that crap and jump straight to the meltdowns.

You won't get any better at jokephase if you don't dehumanize yourself and submit to jokephase

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Eat a mix of egg curry and day old burritos and poo poo post away

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Open the gates

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i got 2 coincs

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

willie_dee posted:

What an entrance.

All congrats on the engagement, Merk!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
my vote on KB is extremely good.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

Sorry I'm just catching up now. I was celebrating my engagement last night over dinner!

Oh hey congrats

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

This particular aspect of the argument is straight up bad. "he's going to abscond by himself, so instead of letting him do that, let's spend a lunch on him".

Idk I sort of agree that the risk to town increases the longer he's in the game. That's not just an imgay policy thing, which I don't buy into, this is a 3p thing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

willie_dee posted:

It's not that sort of conflict.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
[B]## Vote imgay[b]

They were a terrible lurky non content joke poster the whole game I last played with them and lost, and their posting is already reminding me of that.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
## Vote imgay

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Maybe read imgay? He's been the discussion for today because he's allegedly claimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol or do that.

Is your only reason meta willie_dee?

• Locked thread