Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Asproigerosis posted:

eagles are rear end my dudes

if we hadn't won the super bowl last year I'd be having a huge melty right now

cosign. right now I'll just say the defense is the team's biggest detriment and Wentz needs to work on his reads. way too many bad choices this week, either going for a home run when there were guys open underneath, or throwing into traffic when there were guys with room to pick up some after the catch. nothing backbreaking, just feel like he should have improved his decision making by now. (and not throwing over the middle with 60 yards to go and no timeouts left)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

eagles are rear end my dudes

if we hadn't won the super bowl last year I'd be having a huge melty right now

You will always have "the Pats lost to this team except quarterbacked by Nick Foles" :911:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Give the role to fole...s

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I wonder how bad not having a preseason and training camp hosed Wentz up.
It looks like it hosed him up pretty badly.

Our D needs a rework. I don't know if Schwartz is the real reason behind it but he's probably gonna take the fall for it.

I think Reich and DiFillipo were a lot more important than most fans thought.

Again though. Won SB, who cares.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Its not all his fault due to injuries but Jim Schwartz just can't be back next year. His scheme of giving everybody a cushion always just isn't working

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Also I'd like everyone to take a minute to appreciate that Mayfield has looked loving deadly since Hue got the boot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Also I'd like everyone to take a minute to appreciate that Mayfield has looked loving deadly since Hue got the boot.

He's been exceptional all year when hes not getting sacked

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

shyduck posted:

Its not all his fault due to injuries but Jim Schwartz just can't be back next year. His scheme of giving everybody a cushion always just isn't working

I hate these "Bend don't break" schemes. It's fine if you have an offense that's poo poo canning teams on the other side. But when your offense struggles you need stops and turnovers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CyberPingu posted:

I wonder how bad not having a preseason and training camp hosed Wentz up.
It looks like it hosed him up pretty badly.

he is still working back from a significant injury, so I'm fine with a bit of regression/struggle in some areas, it's just also why I'm so focused on his mental hiccups

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
well, this season is poop but at least we won the superbowl :unsmith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Metapod posted:

He's been exceptional all year when hes not getting sacked

Since Hues firing:

46/62 512yds 5TDs 1INT

And Chubb is averaging over 6ypc

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

CyberPingu posted:

I hate these "Bend don't break" schemes. It's fine if you have an offense that's poo poo canning teams on the other side. But when your offense struggles you need stops and turnovers

What’s a turnover?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Well, the Lions are bad again.

Something I said when Caldwell was fired was that he was relatively competent, but was highly dependent on the talent of the team-he'd get the team to perform to its talent level, but rarely beyond that. Obviously, the hope was that Patricia would be someone who could elevate the team to the next level, but it appears the opposite was true: While there have been times where the Lions have played well and executed, for most of the games this season (And especially the last three), the Lions have consistently failed to play anything approaching good football. The defense is helpless. The offense underperforms constantly, the high-priced offensive line has been increasingly overwhelmed, and Stafford is regressing badly. Special teams have more often than not been a straight-up disaster.

Part of this does go on the GM. This is Quinn's team now, and it's become clear that he's made more than a few mistakes both in drafting and free agency (Teez Tabor in particular is proving to be a costly mistake). But a lot more of this is on the coaching—Caldwell took this team to the playoffs twice, averaged 9-7 in his years here, and went 11-5 in his first season. It would require a miracle for this team to make 9-7 at this point, let alone the playoffs, in a year where the division is pretty drat bad and the Lions should have been prime contenders—and though he's not to blame for many of the holes on the roster, the fact of the matter is that Patricia has utterly failed to get this team to perform consistently, and we've paid the price for it.

I still don't think firing Caldwell was a mistake, but it's become absolutely clear that hiring Patricia was. Here's hoping the Lions figure that out quickly, before they waste another season on yet another poisoned fruit of the Belichick tree. they won't :suicide:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

CyberPingu posted:

Since Hues firing:

46/62 512yds 5TDs 1INT

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1061756620491968512

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I am in an internet fight with a guy who swears the Browns doomed themselves forever by not drafting Barkley. So please continue :allears: I hope Baker continues to develop cause god drat the league needs more good QBs right now.

(The Browns are probably still doomed forever, but it's not because they drafted a QB over a god-tier RB)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

For a second there I thought you meant Matt and not Saquon and I was astounded

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Docjowles posted:

I am in an internet fight with a guy who swears the Browns doomed themselves forever by not drafting Barkley. So please continue :allears: I hope Baker continues to develop cause god drat the league needs more good QBs right now.

(The Browns are probably still doomed forever, but it's not because they drafted a QB over a god-tier RB)

I know of some Browns fans that think Darnold was the better choice.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Docjowles posted:

We're doomed because Sashi actually drafted people instead of stockpiling picks for the day an actual qualified person showed up. Also Jimmy Haslam is a wannabe Jerry Jones and still owns the team.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Nick Chubb looking like he’s working out real well for them too, especially after today.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Again though. Won SB, who cares.

Stop living in the past

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

For a second there I thought you meant Matt and not Saquon and I was astounded

Ha. Let us all pause for a moment and recognize that Matt Barkley is relevant in TYOOL 2018

Coolwhoami posted:

Nick Chubb looking like he’s working out real well for them too, especially after today.

Yeah "uh they got Chubb and while he isn't Barkley he is still extremely good" is an obvious counterpoint to the Saquon thing

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 12, 2018

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Baker is much better than I expected. Offense had balance and the defense was stifling. What's the top end if they play as well as they did today? They play the Bengals twice and the Panthers. Those two just got tire fired. They also play Houston, Denver and Baltimore. Denver is bad. Baltimore looks like it might be splitting with Harbaugh. So maybe two more wins, and they get lucky, maybe four? Do the Browns go hunting for another coach if Gregg Williams gets them to a 6-10 or 7-9 record?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Darth Brooks posted:

Baker is much better than I expected. Offense had balance and the defense was stifling. What's the top end if they play as well as they did today? They play the Bengals twice and the Panthers. Those two just got tire fired. They also play Houston, Denver and Baltimore. Denver is bad. Baltimore looks like it might be splitting with Harbaugh. So maybe two more wins, and they get lucky, maybe four? Do the Browns go hunting for another coach if Gregg Williams gets them to a 6-10 or 7-9 record?

Can’t decide if I want the answer to be “no, gently caress that guy with a rusty fork”, or “yes, because I want him to be drowned in the most wretchedly humiliating cavalcade of failure that only the Browns can manage”. Nothing personal, Browns fans, I really do want y’all to do well, but gently caress Greg Williams forever.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Can’t decide if I want the answer to be “no, gently caress that guy with a rusty fork”, or “yes, because I want him to be drowned in the most wretchedly humiliating cavalcade of failure that only the Browns can manage”. Nothing personal, Browns fans, I really do want y’all to do well, but gently caress Greg Williams forever.

:hai:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

John Gruden can provide far more misery than the dog pound at this point.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I want the browns to continue to be below .500 this year, so Williams gets fired. I then hope they get the next Sean McVey and they tear up the AFCN for the next decade.

gently caress Gregg Williams, go the Browns when your not coached by Gregg Williams.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

Greg Williams is gone short of us winning a playoffs game this year.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Well, Eagles have officially shat the bed, so congratulations Redskins for getting to lose to whichever Wildcard team has the better record this year.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

There's a rumor floating around that Jordy Nelson is gonna retire today.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Docjowles posted:

Lets not pretend that their triple wishbone offense will work again. Basically everything went right yesterday. Passes were not dropped, very few penalties, able to run at ease.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CyberPingu posted:

Since Hues firing:

46/62 512yds 5TDs 1INT

They're also on a run of playing some truly poo poo defenses, so I'm holding off judgment for now. Things have looked better, though.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

CyberPingu posted:

There's a rumor floating around that Jordy Nelson is gonna retire today.

Not ideal but I'm not sure anything really matters at this point

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm glad Baker did well but lol @ more cherrypicked stats.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

this is the new standard

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I could live with a mediocre season but gently caress losing to the Cowboys. That game was inexcusable.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/danieltosh/status/1061725441747181568

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

looks like a win-win to me

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

They're also on a run of playing some truly poo poo defenses, so I'm holding off judgment for now. Things have looked better, though.

Yeah but Tampa is supposedly historically bad and we couldn't move the ball much.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Malcolm Butler was practically invisible during the Pats game, and that's an incredibly good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yeah. He's definitely the weak link on our defense and if he has good days like yesterday, we unquestionably have the best defense in the league. Stats prove it too. Can't believe I'm saying this but Dean "Grampa" Pees has maximized the talent of just about every dude under his purview and it rules. Wes woodyard is a loving machine

• Locked thread