Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Artificer posted:

God there isnt time in the day for all of these good mangas, chill as they are.

It took me 4 months to work through this thread, kept stopping to read entire series as they were mentioned. Caught up to the present about two weeks ago. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

https://twitter.com/sankakujougi/status/1056896413051715585

Oh my god. This is incredible - the inverse of Yakuza House Husband!
I'd heard about this purely because of the translator and/or artist changing the animal to match the pun. Like Japanese for 'snail' shares a character for 'nope' but we got antelope to keep the pun intact.

That's the kind of effort I like to see.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snryuu Girl seems to want me to believe that prez is not the best, and I don't understand why, as it is both wrong and futile.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Eldritch Senpai
Ive heard of being eaten out of house and home but this is ridiculous!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Shishunki Renaissance David-Kun 9

I am greatly enjoying the small Art History lessons in the translator notes.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Huzzah! posted:

new Eldritch Senpai

Crazy Cursed.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
Its Christmas Time and the Princess has quite the request for Santa.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

While I suspect what will happen is something like they manage to use very goofy and silly methods to avoid notice and capture what I want to see happen is they are found out but the queen is totally okay with the situation but just wants to be able to go to the demon castle too and they go "oh nooo the number of princesses has multiplied!!" or something like that.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gloomy Rube posted:

While I suspect what will happen is something like they manage to use very goofy and silly methods to avoid notice and capture what I want to see happen is they are found out but the queen is totally okay with the situation but just wants to be able to go to the demon castle too and they go "oh nooo the number of princesses has multiplied!!" or something like that.

And also it turns out that the Princess-apple didn't fall far from the Queen-tree with regards to sleepiness, bloodlust, self-centredness and general sociopathy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Huzzah! posted:

new Eldritch Senpai
monster musume but eldritch abominations, and instead of wanting to "eat" him they just want to eat him

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSunshine posted:

Shishunki Renaissance David-Kun 9

I am greatly enjoying the small Art History lessons in the translator notes.

9? I'm only seeing 7 chapters.

Anyway I've just picked this up, and while I wish the ladies were done in the original art styles as well, I'm finding this funny as hell! Definitely going to be keeping up with this one!

EDIT: OH MY GOD I've just got to Chapter 6 and the first thing I see is how the manga portrays frickin' Leda goddamn this is hilarious :allears: Wrong as all hell, but hilarious.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Nov 9, 2018

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

9? I'm only seeing 7 chapters.

Anyway I've just picked this up, and while I wish the ladies were done in the original art styles as well, I'm finding this funny as hell! Definitely going to be keeping up with this one!

EDIT: OH MY GOD I've just got to Chapter 6 and the first thing I see is how the manga portrays frickin' Leda goddamn this is hilarious :allears: Wrong as all hell, but hilarious.

Ah, it was my mistake. The translated chapters goes up to 7, there's raws out there up to 9. And yeah I agree, the jarring thing is seeing all the female art figures depicted in the generic anime girl style instead of "Renaissance art" style, rather unfortunate really.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Eh, I'm getting used to it. Besides, isn't this in Shonen Jump? I can see why it's aiming to make itself attractive to thirsty teenage boys, and it also gave us the Mona Lisa gags, so that's a plus.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two new Ayakashi Ko
both involving cute cosplay.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And two new demon mom! I look forward to meeting their new friends, whoever they may be

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
New Flying Witch! With a peek into Anzu's daily life!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Anzu's life seems pretty amazing.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Uuugh I wanna read these but my internet is on fire and I don't want to waste data.

Thanks, California. :geno:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Uuugh I wanna read these but my internet is on fire and I don't want to waste data.

Thanks, California. :geno:

Stay Strong.

new Hakumei to Mikochi
Mikochi is hospitalized due to eating some bad fish. Though the fish is the least of her worries.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Huzzah! posted:

new Hakumei to Mikochi
Mikochi is hospitalized due to eating some bad fish. Though the fish is the least of her worries.

She's too competent for her own good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
more demom at the link above

AU!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Here's a treat. Another short story collection by Ryoko Kui, which had the first few chapters translated a couple years ago, is now released in full.

https://mangadex.org/title/18937/the-dragon-s-school-is-on-the-top-of-the-mountain

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Nipponophile posted:

Here's a treat. Another short story collection by Ryoko Kui, which had the first few chapters translated a couple years ago, is now released in full.

https://mangadex.org/title/18937/the-dragon-s-school-is-on-the-top-of-the-mountain

YES FINALLY THANK YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I thought that was completed a couple years back...
E: hm. Guess not. I think we did her other collection of stories. Unless I'm mixing authors up.

Ninja e2: yeah, it was Aki Irie's Gunjou Gakusha, and holy wow there were 2 other volumes left I had no idea about!
Glad someone finished them.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 13, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

Kui loves to create some pretty complicated situations with hard questions that don't get resolved huh? Reminds me of the children's class from her other anthology that had to come up with a story about a race of rabbits and mice and it quickly blew out of proportions.

Like for the centaur stories, how would you handle that if you lived in that situation. The workforce is increasingly favoring centaurs for employment because they are model workers. Even going through college doesn't increase your odds of being hired and as a homo-sapien you are being pushed aside purely because of your species and the tendencies associated with them. The comparison to real life racial bias isn't lost here.

But then are the homo sapiens wrong for trying to tax businesses for hiring centaurs to try and dissuade an entire segment of the population from being displaced from the workforce? What about enforced retirement age since Centaurs also die younger? That's not fair to centaurs for just being centaurs. And even then, the story isn't very strong at giving humans a good point. We're good at lazing around and enjoying life but what else? Centaurs get their own train car but don't even really need it either, meanwhile humans are crammed into transportation purely because we don't have better means of getting around quickly unlike literal horse people.

It's a messy social situation for sure. I love it because it's food for thought.

Captain Invictus posted:

more demom at the link above

AU!
Demon mom is bit less complicated for sure although there's also stuff presented about the relationships between humans and demons. But man is the cast really positive overall. I dig that everyone has someone's back through everything.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aharen-San translations disappeared for like year, but there have been a bunch since last month

http://manga.fascans.com/manga/aharensan-wa-hakarenai/38/1

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

El Burbo posted:

Aharen-San translations disappeared for like year, but there have been a bunch since last month

http://manga.fascans.com/manga/aharensan-wa-hakarenai/38/1

YES. I am loving the Leon The Professional reference immensely.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The manga itself isn’t really Surreal but the latest Shuukan Shounen Hachi has a bunch of Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa characters running around in the background

https://mangadex.org/chapter/483267

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Whoa what is this manga about?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brought To You By posted:

Demon mom is bit less complicated for sure although there's also stuff presented about the relationships between humans and demons. But man is the cast really positive overall. I dig that everyone has someone's back through everything.
it's only just really started getting into the human-demon relationship stuff, outside of the resident human buddy. I dunno if it'll really dig into it or if it'll leave it at what it's already mentioned thus far, but it could get very dark if it wanted to(and hinted at) based on what it's mentioned about how the humans/demons issues were sorted out

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Artificer posted:

Whoa what is this manga about?

It’s about a kid going to a super-elite high school where you learn to make manga who kinda sucks at making manga, but apparently it’s just been cancelled

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol welp I had it in my queue to read but I guess that ends that idea if it just got abruptly canceled

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they cant all be winners

heres hoping theyve got a decent one in the chamber tho

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That chapter is an adequate ending to Shounen Hachi since the romance was much more interesting than the manga drawing despite only showing up in the last few chapters.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I wanted to like Shounen Hachi, but it was just so up its own butt about manga creation. Plus a lot of leftover Jitsu Wa goodwill, I guess.

Handa was fun though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yeah i dropped off it real quickly

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Wow, that was really good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

it's only just really started getting into the human-demon relationship stuff, outside of the resident human buddy. I dunno if it'll really dig into it or if it'll leave it at what it's already mentioned thus far, but it could get very dark if it wanted to(and hinted at) based on what it's mentioned about how the humans/demons issues were sorted out

I expect things to hit a peak again in the future. The landmine and demonitis episodes alone were somewhat grueling.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Kumika 23

Aww :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Sad it ended so early, but a sweet ending.