Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EightFlyingCars posted:

we can talk about weapon breakage again if you really want

I hope in the sequel whenever your weapon is about to break Fi jumps out and says "Master there is a 97% chance your weapon is about to break"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Inspired by the guy who married Hatsune Miku, I married Agent 3 from Splatoon 2, AMA

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I hope in the sequel whenever your weapon is about to break Fi jumps out and says "Master there is a 97% chance your weapon is about to break"

You're one sick freak

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Brother Entropy posted:

drat, this thread owns and definitely isn't full of idiots desperately trying to paint each other in the worst light they can

I’m er, a normal person.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

my two rusty claymores are gay

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trying to paint each other in the worst color you possibly can, isn't that what Splatoon is all about?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Trying to paint each other in the worst color you possibly can, isn't that what Splatoon is all about?

drat that's good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Anyone played that Crayola Scoot game? I heard it was kind of like Tony Hawk

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Weedle posted:

Anyone played that Crayola Scoot game? I heard it was kind of like Tony Hawk

Tony Hawk meets Splatoon, with dabbing.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Sometimes I play my switch while taking a hot bath, it's divine even though there's probably a risk of dropping in the tub although I'm not that much of a clutz.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Let's talk about Switch games in the Switch thread!!!!

I'm playing LA Noire. Passed me by when it first came out and had absolutely no intention of buying it but it was a gift. It is alright although I'm currently in Dead Tits Hell. The last several corpses were all naked women. Is that dedication to a Black Dahlia reference or is it the game being creepy, who knows???

Mainly I want to beat this game because it's taking a big chunk of my SD card despite being a physical cart

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Also The Dumping Union. Despite what people say, not everything has been archived and there really are games in danger of being lost. Magnetic media is degrading and there are arcade titles out there with no known fully working examples left.

The caps0ff patreon is another one that I subscribe to. https://caps0ff.blogspot.com/

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

I'm playing LA Noire. Passed me by when it first came out and had absolutely no intention of buying it but it was a gift. It is alright although I'm currently in Dead Tits Hell. The last several corpses were all naked women. Is that dedication to a Black Dahlia reference or is it the game being creepy, who knows???

Mainly I want to beat this game because it's taking a big chunk of my SD card despite being a physical cart

It’s very much about the Black Dahlia but Rockstar has never exactly been known for its deft touch with difficult topics.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

xarph posted:

The caps0ff patreon is another one that I subscribe to. https://caps0ff.blogspot.com/

flashbacks to "dumping" the bubble bobble mcu by looking at a photo and typing ones and zeroes for hours

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ty person who posted the pinball sale :sun:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

Tony Hawk meets Splatoon, with dabbing.

its like tony hawk except with terrible music, terrible controls, and no tony hawk

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm excited for Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. I always hear it's a good PS2 hidden gem, and to have it on a portable console sounds great!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Sudden Javelin posted:

I bought Disgaea 5. It's cool, but I feel like I'm not really taking advantage of the bouncing/throwing/stacking/etc. mechanics. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to dismiss units, or at least rename them?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

My first time playing a Diablo game since the first Diablo. I was surprised by how much the tone has changed, but the game itself is super fun multiplayer.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
That ain't ink they're squirting, friends

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

BisterdDave posted:

I'm excited for Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. I always hear it's a good PS2 hidden gem, and to have it on a portable console sounds great!

It's a pretty standard 3rd person character platformer, and there's a game breaking bug halfway through the game that I hope has been fixed. I'd play it again if it was like $10, but that's about the most I'd pay.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BisterdDave posted:

It’s a surprisingly fun Zelda clone for sure

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

antidote posted:

My first time playing a Diablo game since the first Diablo. I was surprised by how much the tone has changed, but the game itself is super fun multiplayer.

Yeah. Diablo 2 torpedoed everything spooky and atmospheric about the first game and the 3rd one doubled down on the ‘You vs an obscene horde’ angle while giving no shits about the plot

It’s like the greatest post-2000 arcade beat ‘em up. The trappings are goofy and dumb but it’s fun as hell to grab some friends and punch thousands of demons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Locke posted:

Yeah. Diablo 2 torpedoed everything spooky and atmospheric about the first game

What?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Takoluka posted:

Inspired by the guy who married Hatsune Miku, I married Agent 3 from Splatoon 2, AMA

Don't tell Cap'n about you squidcegenation

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

KingSlime posted:

Ahh yesss the timeless 'the real creeps are the people who are NOT talking at lengths about the romantic affairs of young cartoon characters in a video game console thread" defense.

I have been thoroughly felled

That's not what was being said there, my dude.

So, games! I finished the last level in swimming-pool-themed puzzle game Swim Out earlier today, and holy poo poo you all, do not buy that game. I really like the aesthetic, which is what drew me into the game, but it doesn't explain anything to you. The game seems dedicated to having as little text in it as possible, but they couldn't even be bothered to explain what the various items do graphically. It also feels sluggish, and is unforgiving with regards to mistakes, which you will be making a LOT of in the second half of the game. It's basically turn-based, but there can be a lot of things going on all at once, making it difficult to plan ahead. Nothing happens when you finish the last puzzle, either-- finishing all of the optional goals MIGHT do something, but getting to the end was difficult enough without imposing limitations on how many moves you can make or how many times items could be used. It could have been a much better game if they had included the option to undo your last two or three moves rather than having to start over from the beginning of the screen each time you screwed up. It looks nice, but that's about all it's got going for it.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

D2 upped the action but it still has a dark and spooky vibe. D3 is a whole different beast and I hated the campaign but it's fun as a couch co-op loot machine.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Chill Penguin posted:

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to dismiss units, or at least rename them?

you can dismiss them at the recruiter guy and rename them at the assembly for free

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
All the enemies in Diablo are loving neon, poo poo was never actually spooky

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Elderbean posted:

Sometimes I play my switch while taking a hot bath, it's divine even though there's probably a risk of dropping in the tub although I'm not that much of a clutz.

Put a plank or something across the bath under your hands if you're worried. That way if you drop it it'll fall onto something that isn't water.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

The ambient moisture being taken in by the cooling system probably isn't good for the switch, though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Silver Snail posted:

The ambient moisture being taken in by the cooling system probably isn't good for the switch, though.

put it in a ziplock bag

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Chill Penguin posted:

I bought Disgaea 5. It's cool, but I feel like I'm not really taking advantage of the bouncing/throwing/stacking/etc. mechanics. Also, does anyone know if it's possible to dismiss units, or at least rename them?

Yes, quite easily. I think both are in the Netherworld Congress... or council, or whatever it's called now. The place where you vote on things.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

All the enemies in Diablo are loving neon, poo poo was never actually spooky

no, this video game when i was 10 was objectively way spookier than this game from when i'm 20

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mr. Locke posted:

Yeah. Diablo 2 torpedoed everything spooky and atmospheric about the first game and the 3rd one doubled down on the ‘You vs an obscene horde’ angle while giving no shits about the plot

It’s like the greatest post-2000 arcade beat ‘em up. The trappings are goofy and dumb but it’s fun as hell to grab some friends and punch thousands of demons.

I miss the relatively grounded story of the first Diablo, honestly. Though the story in three is pretty great in how nuts it is.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Has anyone bought the Taiko Drum controller? There's a good amount of songs I can't finish on joycons because of the motion lag and just curious how the controller holds up

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I am extremely down for Ninja Fortnite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpEJ-0A4A5E

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
D2 had great atmosphere until you got in to hell and all the elites were painted red and blue and neon green

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

To clarify he is taking about a bamco game that appears to be a fortnite clone where you play as a cartoon ninja, not the rear end in a top hat streamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Reality Pisser posted:

D2 had great atmosphere until you got in to hell and all the elites were painted red and blue and neon green

would you say that at that point the aesthetic went to hell.