Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I'm still holding out hope for a Canadian Invasion with Alpha Flight. Make it happen....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Great Lakes Avengers or go home. Big Bertha 4 lyfe

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Fantastic Four or New Warriors yo. Though I'll gladly accept Excalibur if they also add a special mission pack for Technet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, yeah. I'm gonna be heartbroken if we don't get Fantastic Four by the time the Captain Marvel update comes. But I'm digging the idea of a UK/Middle Ages update.

And yes the 90s kid in me really wants a New Warriors update and an OG Guardians of the Galaxy.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I'm the weird one out who would rather they fix the garbo chars they have already, the power creep is real

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I just tried Weapon Hex in timeline and she doesn't seem bad at all. Her clone thing doesn't get targeted and AI controlled she beat t3 Thor and Phoenix. I'll probably throw her on my PvP team whenever my main dudes are restricted until I get better PvP characters.

That little clone illusion thing whatever sucks though

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 16, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've found her really good in WBU, but she gets wrecked in PVP. Strife through, I'm winning 8 or 9 PVP battles a day.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

And yes the 90s kid in me really wants a New Warriors update

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I really hope they actually have a black friday costume sale and I haven't just been holding onto these crystals and keeping 6+ characters poo poo tier for no reason

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really hope I have enought time left in my xgene sub to get gambit to 4/20, i'd hate to be sitting at like 19 on one of his things when it runs out. He'll just sit there until a new mutant is put up on the paywall.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm feeling like I won't be able to get Nightcrawler to 4/20 before I run out of X-stuff. But I did T2 Colossus finally, and got X-23 to the point of deciding when I'll burn a T2 ticket to advance her.

I'd like for them to just make M'Baku playable. He's in the game already, what's the hold up? Waiting until 2 Black 2 Panther?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1062865432506290176

Time for Marvel's Bizarre Adventure, I guess.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1062903013076021249

Who's this referring to?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

from the article linked in the first tweet:

"Together, Crescent and Io set off on a quest that will lead them into the dark and dangerous shadows of Morgan Le Fay’s reach."

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1063627787712507904

Another new character?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

That would be White Fox, South Korean operative hero.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay. So what is the process and recommendations for Giant Boss Raid? I’m sick of seeing that Type bit highlighted on my characters with no ability to deal with it.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Steve Vader posted:

Okay. So what is the process and recommendations for Giant Boss Raid? I’m sick of seeing that Type bit highlighted on my characters with no ability to deal with it.

Step 1: get used to disconnecting every 30 seconds
Step 2: when you don't get disconnected, you get paired with useless partners and end up doing 99% of the damage
Step 3: mess up your timing slightly and fully wipe with a single master mold health bar left
Step 4: give up entirely and wait for them to fix this garbage game mode

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Unless your team is Cable at level 70/Shuri/Wasp (ideally all in their uniforms) you are going to have a very very hard time.

And unless your team mates have that same setup they are probably going to do jack.
I've seen teams of Tier 3 Thor/Cap just flail around and die horribly.
Tier 3 Uniformed Mags and T3 Deadpool and high level Scarlet Witch look like the only character people can bring that aren't garbage.

Oh and even if by some miracle you get a team that doesn't wipe near the end you get garbage rewards. You need tons of runs just to get enough items for it to have any effect

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had some success with T3 Thor but not nearly enough to win. The fact that he has the lightning that pulses out and does damage means I could go very "hit and run" which kept me alive, but I timed out before ever really getting anywhere near killing him.

I think there's hit and run strategies I need to learn but it doesn't seem like something close enough to close the gap.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So, do you get any of those materials you need for "Type" by playing, or do you have to actually win to get anything?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I tried it twice. One disconnect, and one attempt where I died within 20 seconds of the boss becoming attackable after we killed the trash. All three chars pop pop pop dead. Near as I can tell his damage reflect wasn't up and I wasn't in his zone of attack but I obviously missed something. I think I was using 62 witch, 60 magneto and 60 quicksilver all with uniform. The 70 thors I was with hung on for a while but one died after a minute and the other guy had just gotten to the second "half" of the fight with 2 mins left so I dropped out rather than watch him try to beat the timer.

I'll try again once I get witch and cable to 70 but I'm in no hurry. I T3'd Spidey which I regret since it doesn't seem to make him much better in timeline, compared to Deadpool. Just got DP to 70 and need to save up for his T3 while saving mats for Captain Marvel's inevitably terrible T3 upgrade.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Anyone below 70 won't last long. Most characters don't do a great job even at 70. T3 Deadpool and level 70 Cable are your best bets, as far as I can tell.

Maybe a really good MODOK would do the trick.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

So, do you get any of those materials you need for "Type" by playing, or do you have to actually win to get anything?

You only get rewards if you win.
It's also super random what you get.
Say you do it on the day where it's Speed and Universal. You might get the universal mats or the speed ones.
But there's different star level to them.
So you could get a bunch of 3 star Speed mats and 5 star Universal mats.
Now you want to use them on a Speed or Universal character? Tough luck pal, you don't have any of the 1 star mats.

But surely I can disassemble the mats? Yes, you can disassemble your high level mats into the Blue balls which is the other mat you need to level up your guys. (And that's the only way to get the Blue mats.)

So you can run this mode, kill the boss and never get the lowest level mats which you need to start levelling your characters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Alright, I got Moon Spider to T2, now to ignore heroic quests.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i did gbr like 5 times and stryfe seems like the go. my level 60 stryfe survived a lot better than my level 70 cable, and some dude with a tricked out stryfe just fuckin melted the boss. it took him maybe 90 seconds, i wanna be on that guys team every time

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still do all the Heroic Quests because... whatever. There's prizes and its mostly stuff I would have done anyway. And since the prizes aren't that special there's no pressure like there was on the Arachknight one. I finished Luke and am halfway through Jessica. I'll do Iron Fist next to see his story and then... whatever. Just do them again because why not?

Only drawback I can figure is if new ones come when I'm in the middle of one. But then its just a delay. And I can't decide if constantly refilling that crystal chest and being tempted to buy is a good thing or a bad thing.

Besides, I always kind of enjoy some rules.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ugh. GBR sounds like complete rear end. Highest dude I have is a 64 Black Panther. I've started throwing bios at Deadpool now, though, too... although occasionally some at my 56 Apocalypse, and I just finally realized Thanos' potential to start with that.

I'm doing Heroic Quests too. I did Arachknight twice and still haven't got enough to get him to 4/20. Hesitant to spend the crystals to do it again, so I'm going through Cage now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I used a bunch of tickets on ArachKnight to get him to 4/18 on the first Heroic Quest. I didn't use tickets for a few upgrades and was annoyed at myself for that. I figure eventually I'll play his again and it should be enough to get him to 4/20 but I'm back on my "save for Psylocke" effort until the next time I give in to temptation on something else. Black Friday costume sales will probably break me.

I've finally worked Thanos up to 5*. I figure I should finally do at least him, Odin, and Dormammu if not the rest of the Black Order (all I have are Proxima and Corvus) but God drat do 6* BAM take a lot of gold.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 21, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I'll still do them, but no more carfully planning my day around making sure I can complete the whole thing.

Right now my focus is getting Apocalypse to 6*. After that I'll probably work on Corvus then Odin.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I used a bunch of tickets on ArachKnight to get him to 4/18 on the first Heroic Quest. I didn't use tickets for a few upgrades and was annoyed at myself for that. I figure eventually I'll play his again and it should be enough to get him to 4/20 but I'm back on my "save for Psylocke" effort until the next time I give in to temptation on something else. Black Friday costume sales will probably break me.

Heres hoping they give you a black friday psylocke sale, she's really good. Not like Adam Warlock or Emma Frost "premium good", Betsy kicks rear end in all modes. Hang in there unless its a ridiculous costume sale.

I got dumb and for some reason started taking the black order costumes to mythic. I ran out of the costume kits from dimension rifts with only 2 left to go. Back to ignoring costume ranks for another year while I stock back up, not worth it for 200 crystals anyway it was just something for me to do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Costume wise I'll just be grabbing Agent Venom right now. Maybe IW Groot, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything right now. Unless there is a costume that makes Daredevil good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have a long list of costumes I want. Magneto, Emma, X23, Archangel, Quicksilver, Medusa, Agent Venom, Inferno, War Machine Punisher, IW Black Order and Thanks. Probably more I'm forgetting.

But none of those are really must haves or things I think would change much for me so I'm trying to stay focused on Psylocke since I'll have the rest of XForce T2ed soon so I'll be getting Stryfe with her too. I'm hoping the put hsr on sale for Black Friday and go beyond just costumes.

But if they do just costumes and if they're bigger sales than usual then I'll probably grab some costumes.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

After I get that t2 ticket in a couple of days from the 14-day check-in event I'll finally t2 colossus and have Stryfe in all his spikey glory

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

bagrada posted:

Heres hoping they give you a black friday psylocke sale, she's really good. Not like Adam Warlock or Emma Frost "premium good", Betsy kicks rear end in all modes. Hang in there unless its a ridiculous costume sale.

I got dumb and for some reason started taking the black order costumes to mythic. I ran out of the costume kits from dimension rifts with only 2 left to go. Back to ignoring costume ranks for another year while I stock back up, not worth it for 200 crystals anyway it was just something for me to do.

If you need Costume kits, why don't you make them using the SHIELD Lab? That's how O get most of mine.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I can't wait til antimatter man and kurt fuller are finished and i can use the shield lab for making useful mats

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

If you need Costume kits, why don't you make them using the SHIELD Lab? That's how O get most of mine.

Good point. This is the first time I've run out since I usually ignore upgrading uniforms outside of cinematic battles so I didn't think to check there yet.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Loaded this for the first time in 847 days, got showered with "welcome back!" stuff. Now to catch up on the shitzillion new characters and decide who to get with the 6* ticket.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Marble Hebrons has one spot in clan!!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I took that as a hint and applied! ICR, should I get Captain Sharon with my 6* ticket, or is there some character worth getting that's otherwise a huge pain to max?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Sharon is still an excellent grab and unfarmable. So yes!