Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Oh poo poo I played some mighty bomb Jack and actually really liked it

It's really weird and cool and kinda Milon's Secret Castle. Jeremy Parish just did a video about it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrs5Q2Z5BKI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Mighty Bomb Jack is actually a lot better than it gets credit for! I remember it used to be an easy mark for AVGN youtube wannabes, but none of them seemed to play the game long enough to figure out you can cancel Jack's super high jump by pressing the A button a second time, and then enter a drift mode by mashing it. Gives you a really good level of air control you didn't really see in many NES games.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The Kins posted:

Here's what's new in the Super version:

That's a lot more Super than I thought, especially having 5 new levels. I'll probably pick it up, then.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I enjoy the mechanics, indie platformers have since done it better but it's fun for when it came from.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Silver Snail posted:

Mighty Bomb Jack is actually a lot better than it gets credit for! I remember it used to be an easy mark for AVGN youtube wannabes, but none of them seemed to play the game long enough to figure out you can cancel Jack's super high jump by pressing the A button a second time, and then enter a drift mode by mashing it. Gives you a really good level of air control you didn't really see in many NES games.

Yeah after losing my first two lives and then getting a "YOU ARE GREEDY! GO TO THE TORTURE ROOM!" I figured that out and made it through that room and the next three levels.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Does anyone know if the let's go switch bundle comes with a download code or the game preloaded

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Does anyone know if the let's go switch bundle comes with a download code or the game preloaded

Code.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

According to the product description on Gamestop, it's a download code.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Alright, my gf wants the switch bundle but loves physical copies so I'm trying to figure out if I can buy the bundle and sell the code since she won't use it, so sounds like I can

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

As a collectors switch with special dock, joycon, and box you are kind of getting the experience and artifacts of a physical version anyway

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I used to like the concept of homebrew and roms many years ago because I liked tinkering and might replay super turbo, super mario world, or sonic 2 once every blue moon. Upon opening the nesflix app I liked seeing all the pretty box art pics, but every time I loaded into an old game my brain groaned at me after a few seconds about how bored it was. So now I don’t think I really care about proper VC or some morons getting bricked. Think Im going to go play dark souls and Diablo for the 3rd time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There will never be a time in my life when I don’t want to replay Streets of Rage 2

Release it Sega you cowards

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

As a collectors switch with special dock, joycon, and box you are kind of getting the experience and artifacts of a physical version anyway

I agree but she also wants the physical case for her shelf and the cartridge so her will be done

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
R-Type Dimensions EX is up for preorder at 20% off, $11.99.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There will never be a time in my life when I don’t want to replay Streets of Rage 2

Release it Sega you cowards

it'll be in the sega collection later in december, alongside a bunch of features that the 3DS version had i.e. custom mappings/modes

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

RandomFerret posted:

The person who posted the rom online got doxxed and posted a crytyping apology, the person who actually did the hacking responded by releasing a free patch you can use to make any rom brick switches

:allears: holy poo poo this is even better

someone should DM me this forum / thread so I can enjoy it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Was about to pre-order Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu until I read the online doesn't have GTS or randomly battling with other players. I can understand no GTS since it's only the original 151 but no random battling killed most of my desire to get it.

Does anyone know if it has a decent post game?

Gripweed posted:

That looks really cool, although it's a shame the size of the areas is limited to the size of the areas in the old Game Boy games.

I'm not saying Pokemon needs to be Breath of the Wild, but something like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, where every town has a big open area just outside it, would be pretty fantastic.

Hopefully next year's mainline Pokemon Switch game does have bigger areas.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is the colonel guy in Super Hydorah voiced by Psychedelic Eyeball?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Was about to pre-order Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu until I read the online doesn't have GTS or randomly battling with other players. I can understand no GTS since it's only the original 151 but no random battling killed most of my desire to get it.

It also has no Pokemon abilities or held items, so not like you'd even want to battle online. :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

.TakaM posted:

It also has no Pokemon abilities or held items, so not like you'd even want to battle online. :v:

I’ve always kinda hated held items as a mechanic so that’s a plus to me.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It sounds like these "bricked" Switches can be fixed by restoring from a backup, so it's just a bunch of people downloading and running mystery files with full permissions and zero backups.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Heath posted:

The voices are all done by the developers and their friends and family, so no, just a bunch of Spanish nerds.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heath posted:

No but he is a voice in the game Roundabout.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Spacebump posted:

Apparently folks are discovering a random player feature (intended or not...) by just defaulting your password to the 3 starting pictograms, (pikachu pikachu pikachu)

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
The Civilization VI UI is large enough that my 80 year old grandfather can read it from his house 14 miles away. :wtc:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It sounds like these "bricked" Switches can be fixed by restoring from a backup, so it's just a bunch of people downloading and running mystery files with full permissions and zero backups.

If I can't trust executables for an unreleased game on piracy websites, who can I trust?+|?|

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Turns out people are pretty dumb

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Feenix posted:

Apparently folks are discovering a random player feature (intended or not...) by just defaulting your password to the 3 starting pictograms, (pikachu pikachu pikachu)

Explain?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Is this the first portable pokemon game that allows multiple saves on the same cartridge. I was going to buy physical and then sell back but both my house mates want to play it after me.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I was just running around this area for like 15 minutes and nothing like that happened to my game's performance

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dugong posted:

Is this the first portable pokemon game that allows multiple saves on the same cartridge. I was going to buy physical and then sell back but both my house mates want to play it after me.
Probably, but by virtue of the fact Switch games don't save to the cartridge

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

robot roll call posted:

I was just running around this area for like 15 minutes and nothing like that happened to my game's performance
Maybe his Switch is chugging as his rom deletes everything in the console memory?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I can't speak on the DLCs as I haven't done the content from them. It's harder than the base game though from what I understand.

Undertale is amazing although the fights all involve bullet hell style dodging and some fights can be more intense than others.

Also play: NIGHT IN THE WOODS, GAME OF THE YEAR 2017

Actually yeah Night in the Woods is awesome. But is it mandatory to well on the music bits because that may pose a problem?

Also don't forget Into the Breach. I like it's turned based strategizing much much more than Darkest Dungeon, and it can be just as unforgiving depending on the difficulty you play it at.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

Anyone else tried playing Wasteland 2? I kind of burned out on Valkyria Profile 4 at about the Winter Witch level (oh great another mechanic to deal with) and so grabbed it but man is it hard to tell what's going on in handheld mode. I don't really have much opportunity to use TV mode these days, but I'm hoping it's a vastly improved visual experience.

Wasteland 2 looks absolutely dreadful in handheld (and docked for that matter). Don't get it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hm, the video makes an interesting case but why? I found Solomon's Key far more enjoyable. Maybe I need to give Jack some more time. But there's Metroid to be played.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Jack is a weird game that handles fairly strangely by modern conventions, but it gets its hooks into some people super-hard.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Like 95% of people hacking their console probably don't have a good enough grasp on what they are doing and what can go wrong and a good chunk of the remaining 5% are giving them terrible advice.

The promise of free stuff breaks peoples brains.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Amazon.co.uk sold Diablo 3 for the Switch for 25 £ so i caved in and got it...again...for another system...even though i already own it on other systems...You guys did this to me!
Need to finish Mario vs Rabbids quickly now before it gets here!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

robot roll call posted:

:same: I spent an hour in the forest and didn't see anything like this, it was pretty smooth.

Also I caught a fuckin Beedrill first go heck yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Actually yeah Night in the Woods is awesome. But is it mandatory to well on the music bits because that may pose a problem?

No, you can totally bomb them and the game keeps going.