Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
whoever Keane gets will receive a fart in a box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Yami Fenrir posted:

Why not this one?

Conflict in Amaranth

You could be sign up to be playing in this one, right now!

Just need 3 more players so sign up.

ok cool

Edit, looks like its full glhf

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mr. Humalong posted:

The fact that people have to explicitly say “don’t send me a box full of hornets” makes me real hesitant to sign up.

No one ever received a box full of hornets.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

CCKeane posted:

No one ever received a box full of hornets.

Yeah they gotta have space to fly around in hehehe

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

:hfive:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Toalpaz posted:

Although the 50,000ft service ceiling of the F/A-18 is very high, its remains well within the bounds of the stratosphere and not outer space.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Need two replacements for amaranth.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'll do it

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Yami Fenrir posted:

he just comes too late in the game imo, you're better off sticking with Quinys, especially if you're learning the right mobmoves. Zidane is the obvious carry due to his weird storyline positionality

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

peramene posted:

he just comes too late in the game imo, you're better off sticking with Quinys, especially if you're learning the right mobmoves. Zidane is the obvious carry due to his weird storyline positionality

Zinedine certainly did lift his team on his shoulders, but I think you give the rest of Les Bleus too little credit

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GeneX posted:

Zinedine certainly did lift his team on his shoulders, but I think you give the rest of Les Bleus too little credit

:golfclap:

GX have I ever told you you are my favorite poster?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Eh good enough

:sassargh: SA Mafia Secret Santa :tfrxmas:

Rules:
-No minimum or maximum but try and be reasonable in either direction
-Make sure you get your SA name in your profile somewhere so people know who the hell you are
-don’t be an rear end in a top hat. Why would you sign up and then not send anything? Madness!

Last day to sign up everyone sign up!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will sign up if the person who picks my present promises me to give me a girlfriend for christmas

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

commodifying women is gross

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

what the

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
WHO IS TALKING TO PMOM HERE, IS IT YOU TASTE?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
IF YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO ME SAY IT URSELF DON'T MAKE PINTREST MOM SAY IT

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I HEARD YOU GOT PROBATED BITCH WELL WELL WELL
MAKING MY FRIEND DO UR DIRTY WORK WHILE YOU IN THE SLAMMER TASTE I SEE I SEE

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ok everyone let me solve this mystery for you taste got probated because he requested it and then he got pmom to say somethign to me and then i got this mysterious screenshot from an unnamed source and i was albe to use my reasoning skills to figure out it was taste before anyone told me because i am pretty smart

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Another mystery that no one cared about solved.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Toalpaz posted:

Another mystery that no one cared about solved.

even the lil mysteries are important.. .

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

taste i am now taking brain pills for my anxiety but they don't seem to fix that part of me when i get overly excited and embarrass myself by being a dork

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

tell him i cant make it thanksgiving

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think we all got a little bit closer as a community because of this

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nah.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

*make it to thanksgiving

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tell taste this bit makes him my second favorite poster behind GX

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
If anyone has the ability to shift time to make it Thanksgiving, it is forums user CCKeane.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

chaoslord posted:

:golfclap:

GX have I ever told you you are my favorite poster?

No, but thanks for the compliment!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

BottleKnight posted:

If anyone has the ability to shift time to make it Thanksgiving, it is forums user CCKeane.

I choose not to.

My reason is spite.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I want to talk Mafia theory:

As scum I find it most optimal to play to ruthlessly. Remove ideas, remove threats, control the conversation. Only I get caught because I act like a cartoon villain and general idiot.

The PbP nature of our system means that things stagnate though.

Poach the high cost players and then the game slows down. Less effort.

What are your thoughts for scum playing to the spirit of the game over playing to wincon for enjoyment.

I feel like I've had the play to your wincon dissonance over total enjoyment on a number of scum teams.

I feel like we all have different strategies for winning, enjoying, w.e. I find it pretty interesting.

Hypothetical: role scum in a small to mid sized game, you have 1 or 2 teammates and town is low powered. Mostly vanilla for balance. What's your approach to victory?

The optimal scum strat is to murder high volume posters to stagnate thread discussion and end the game.

If I'm playing such that I feel I absolutely have to win, this is what I'll encourage.

As a mod this is why I rely on lurker guns with fairly brutal min post counts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think that's part of why PBP mafia has kinda just died. The most effective scum strat is also the most unfun for town.

Someone make me work on Mafia Mario Party again.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

PBP mafia has kinda just died

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Natural 20 posted:

The optimal scum strat is to murder high volume posters to stagnate thread discussion and end the game.

If I'm playing such that I feel I absolutely have to win, this is what I'll encourage.

As a mod this is why I rely on lurker guns with fairly brutal min post counts.

I dislike lurker guns, but as it is left at the discretion of the player to use it or not, maybe it is not a bad thing.

It adds an element of player agency that wasn't there previously and, in theory, maybe generally, motivates discussion.

I just feel like there are post count padders. Another layer of meta play tacked on to support the model. It is interesting.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I dislike lurker guns, but as it is left at the discretion of the player to use it or not, maybe it is not a bad thing.

It adds an element of player agency that wasn't there previously and, in theory, maybe generally, motivates discussion.

I just feel like there are post count padders. Another layer of meta play tacked on to support the model. It is interesting.

Anecdotally, I don't think a single lurker gun has gone unused since the mechanic was introduced. It's not as interesting as people make it out to be.

edit: not that it's a bad mechanic - it's good for the reasons you outline. but in PRACTICE, it's a bit more questionable because it's very hard for goons to hold back from shooting when it comes down to it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Podima posted:

Anecdotally, I don't think a single lurker gun has gone unused since the mechanic was introduced. It's not as interesting as people make it out to be.

edit: not that it's a bad mechanic - it's good for the reasons you outline. but in PRACTICE, it's a bit more questionable because it's very hard for goons to hold back from shooting when it comes down to it.

I'm pro lurker gun. Actually I'm pro any lurking mechanic, but the gun is a lot more fun.

That said I'm positive that there's one game I didn't use it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I held back 2 lurker shots in megaman and it was a good stratagem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

I know I've held back on shooting someone when I actually thought they were town. Once in YGO and maaaaybe on another occasion I can't remember rn?

And even if someone does get shot in the end, if they're town they might at least have a proper go at trying to participate and drop their reads first, to try and convince the gunner otherwise.