Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

dragon enthusiast posted:

latest update seems to ignore the "load images" setting for timgs and always displays them

Yeah this is happening to me too. Cleared the cache, restarted the app, and images are still loading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Plus one on the spoiler text not working anymore. 5s, latest iOS and awful edition.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Teddybear posted:

Plus one on the spoiler text not working anymore. 5s, latest iOS and awful edition.

Same, XS MAXXX on latest iOS.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Another report of spoiler bars being broken, current AppStore version, iPhone 7+, iOS 12.0

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Same thing with spoiler text not revealing on my X, iOS 12.1

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Fix It posted:

Same thing with spoiler text not revealing on my X, iOS 12.1

Force-closing the app fixed this for me on my X when this happened yesterday, FYI.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

IllegallySober posted:

Force-closing the app fixed this for me on my X when this happened yesterday, FYI.

testing

e: seems to work now, weird

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
iOS 9 crash fix is coming, just need to get through App Review.

All the other stuff, haven’t looked into it yet but it’s at the top of my list!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

pokeyman posted:

I love you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Hi devs, thread regulars. is it normal for the app to crash on three out of four thread loads? iOS12.1 XR

i had been using the app on my old mini for years fine but now it's super prone to crash and I wonder if it's my phone/os' fault or what

e: weird but it got better, disregard but with that Bob Hoskins quote from Brazil "machines don't fix themselves"

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 16, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Random bug that bugs me (hah) because I browse from places with lovely cell reception: When you tap next page and the page fails to load, the page number updates to what would have loaded.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

pokeyman posted:

glad to hear it. Right now I'm basically confined to one thread (changing pages works fine) and if I want to switch threads I need to log out, log in, crash, load back at the log in screen, log in, then I can click into one thread before having to repeat the process to change threads. It's not ideal

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Anyone who's had spoilers stop working, or Twitter embeds fail, or they can't tap a post author to get some user actions: hit me up with a link to the thread/post where you see it happen. If I'm right about what's going on, there's a good chance it'll suddenly Start Working the next time you head into the thread, but it might help me reproduce it if I'm on a page of a thread where I know it's happened. Thanks!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m not sure if this is old, because I don’t use it that often, but what happened to the thing where if you click a username in a post it would give you option to see just their posts, view profile etc? I’ve clicked/long pressed everything I can see and can’t find that stuff. I’m on a 6 so not sure if it’s behind a 3D Touch now?

E: a force kill and reopen brought it back, how odd.

I think I know vaguely what's going on here, trick will be reproducing it and actually fixing it. I think it's related to

Gunshow Poophole posted:

well now twitter linking works (THANK YOU) but embedding does not :(

Grace Baiting posted:

Here's a new minor bug: if you have only one post visible on a page and you tap in the blank space below that post (if it's the last page in the thread, you'll need to tap below the "End of the thread" text as well), the entire scrollable post view darkens for the duration of your tap, although the header or footer remain non-darkened. It looks like there's a tappable target down there which covers the entire scrollable posts view and rejects (or just passes through) taps on the posts themselves, but can be activated by itself to do nothing.

Ah yeah, that's a weird one. Thanks for the reminder to put it on the list.

Stare-Out posted:

along with it being seemingly more difficult to swipe back to where you were, but that might just be my imagination.

Just to double-check, this is swiping from the left screen edge to pop back to the thread list or bookmarks or whatever?

dragon enthusiast posted:

latest update seems to ignore the "load images" setting for timgs and always displays them

Whoops! I'm on it.

Crankit posted:

The app was crashing on my iPhone 4s when I tried to open a thread from bookmarks. I cleared the cache in settings and it seems better now

e: ok sometimes it needs clearing each time to open a thread

Should be fixed in the next version, sorry.

syscall girl posted:

Hi devs, thread regulars. is it normal for the app to crash on three out of four thread loads? iOS12.1 XR

i had been using the app on my old mini for years fine but now it's super prone to crash and I wonder if it's my phone/os' fault or what

e: weird but it got better, disregard but with that Bob Hoskins quote from Brazil "machines don't fix themselves"

Not normal, no, but I made a big change to how posts are rendered so there's every chance I hosed something up here! I'll peruse the crash logs.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Random bug that bugs me (hah) because I browse from places with lovely cell reception: When you tap next page and the page fails to load, the page number updates to what would have loaded.

This one, perhaps surprisingly, is on the list! Now with a +1 on it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

pokeyman posted:

Just to double-check, this is swiping from the left screen edge to pop back to the thread list or bookmarks or whatever?

Yeah, it feels like it needs to be a bit more specific than usual now, but it could just be me so unless others chime in, probably safe to ignore.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, it feels like it needs to be a bit more specific than usual now, but it could just be me so unless others chime in, probably safe to ignore.

I noticed this today as well. I’ve been hitting the back arrow icon because swipe right is too finicky

Swipe seems to register from the very edge of the screen, which is hard with a case that isn’t flush with the screen surface

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

Not normal, no, but I made a big change to how posts are rendered so there's every chance I hosed something up here! I'll peruse the crash logs.

thanks for the timely response it's working beautifully now though

the service to cost ratio on this app is bonkers I feel like I owe you something for having used it all these years 👏👏👏

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

pokeyman posted:

This one, perhaps surprisingly, is on the list! Now with a +1 on it.

You and the PDX Bus are fighting for first most awesome app developer ever but I think you just pulled ahead.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

You and the PDX Bus are fighting for first most awesome app developer ever but I think you just pulled ahead.

I agree with this.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186581&perpage=40&pagenumber=2461#post489890134

Spoiler at the bottom of that post won't show for me. Literally can't get any to work at all; but that's the one I was looking at just now

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

jivjov posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186581&perpage=40&pagenumber=2461#post489890134

Spoiler at the bottom of that post won't show for me. Literally can't get any to work at all; but that's the one I was looking at just now

Same

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

jivjov posted:

It works for me (latest iOS, latest app, iPhone 6)

Just in case it helps narrow down the issue

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Also having issues with spoilers. Latest iOS, iPhone Xr.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Current version, iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12.1:

Tapping quote-block header links does not jump back to the quoted post.

Holding them brings up the link handling menu like normal, and Open in Awful does what it should. [/workaround]

Normal hyperlinks in open text are unaffected, but I haven't tried hyperlinks in the body of quote blocks.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Spoilers aren't working as described above, also nothing happens when I tap on usernames. Latest app version, 8 Plus, ios 12.1

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Spoilers not working, 12.1, 6s+
Username taps work fine
Pulling to refresh still feels off

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yesterday I was having trouble with spoilers and usernames, but closing the app and reopening it fixed it.

Today it came back and that didn't work.

I'm actually still on iOS version 12.0.1 if that helps work it out somehow. iPhone 6s.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I have not had spoilers work yet. iPhone X, latest everything

test

Edit: of course it works now

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

humpthewind posted:

I have not had spoilers work yet. iPhone X, latest everything

test

Edit: of course it works now

And mine was working fine until this morning. Such as this one you made.

What a weird loving bug.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

New update downloaded and the iOS 9 crash frenzy seems to be fixed. Bless you sir

Also since the other update posts with multiple gifs seem to run way smoother than before on my trash phone. It's a huge improvement, thank you

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Quote header link bug is fixed with the new update. :cheers:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

And mine was working fine until this morning. Such as this one you made.

What a weird loving bug.

Just updated the app. Everything seems to be working again.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Latest version contains just the iOS 9 crash fix. Anything else that seems fixed will probably break itself in due course :(

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Posting from iPhone 4S

My dead gay phone thanks you

:911:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

pokeyman posted:

Latest version contains just the iOS 9 crash fix. Anything else that seems fixed will probably break itself in due course :(

Lol, well I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Still getting the endless process spinner indicating the app is getting pulling data. Happens whether on WiFi or LTE

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
Tweets aren't embedding properly on iOS 10.3.3 (this was true of the previous update as well). Only the text shows up. This happened every so often before, but now they never display right.

Edit: and I just noticed that the image for the menu in the lower right of posts is just displaying as an empty box.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Whenever you aren’t able to click a spoiler, you will also be unable to click a profile. But, if I close and restart, I can do both again no problem.

Something invisible caught in a layer we can’t see?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
This has started happening recently. Latest version of Awful, happens on both iOS 12.0 and 12.1.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:
Mine has just started doing this with the latest update. It occurs nearly every time that switch back to Awful from another app. Blank screen on the page that I was last on.

X on 12.1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Just had a weird bug where I wasn’t able to tap any of the threads in my bookmarks page. Force closing the app and restarting fixed it

iPhone 8, iOS 12.1

E: happening a lot now. Long pressing to open the unread menu still works, and using 3D Touch to get into the thread works, but regular taps do nothing. Only happening in the bookmark tab.

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 19, 2018