Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What did it smell like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

dromal phrenia posted:

Is Soul Calibur 2 still the best one?

Before 6 absolutely after 6 not sure. We'll have to see how balance shakes out. I'll be certain which is better by April

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm doing a secret Santa which you can enter if you wish

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873083

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

dromal phrenia posted:

Is Soul Calibur 2 still the best one?

Far and away.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

SC2 is hosed up

2G is hosed up

Crybaby is hosed up

Raphael being unplayably bad is hosed up

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Watched Phantom of The Paradise tonight and it was a pretty great movie overall

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

I have rocked.

I have raged.

I watched wrestled.

At sea.

AMA

why?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Writer Cath posted:

I have rocked.

I have raged.

I watched wrestled.

At sea.

AMA

did you bang a wrestler

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

I have rocked.

I have raged.

I watched wrestled.

At sea.

AMA

Did you detect any Bullet Babes?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Far and away.
All my friends hated playing with me because I had this really hard to break combo with Talim that was as broken as playing SF2 Bison and just sliding that nobody ever could get the timing right to block.

Also that game was so loving cool because they had an exclusive character on each console and even tho I had the Gamecube version with link I always wanted to play the X-Box version with Spawn because I was an edgy teenager.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

If you want to relive that you can use dolphin to emulate the gamecube version at near 100% accuracy with rollback netcode

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Smoking Crow posted:

If you want to relive that you can use dolphin to emulate the gamecube version at near 100% accuracy with rollback netcode
I just bought an SNES classic and realized how easy it is to mod it, so I'm just playing LTTP randomizers at work

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Writer Cath posted:

I have rocked.

I have raged.

I watched wrestled.

At sea.

AMA

Did you have a good time? I hope you did!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Writer Cath posted:

I have rocked.

I have raged.

I watched wrestled.

At sea.

AMA

Was it worth what you paid?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Writer Cath posted:

I have rocked.

I have raged.

I watched wrestled.

At sea.

AMA

did you poo poo as soon as you got off the boat? In the street?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The cruise smelled fine - there was plenty of A/C and mostly it was regular rear end people, with only a few kinda creepy gognard types mixed in.

-

Why? My friend desperately wanted to go. I also worked on ships for a few months and figured going as a guest would be a hell of a lot more fun.

-

I did not bang any wrestlers. My friend got hugs from Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat and Colt Cabana

-

There were a fair number of ladies there. It was a good mix.

-

I had an absolute blast - they'll be airing it on Fight TV or something on Saturday, loving check it out! NXT had nothing on us for crowd interaction. There was a goddamn aloe vera chant. Go out of your way to watch it. The Scurll/Callihan deck fight was also really fun and totally lived up to the premise.

-

Was it worth it? The wrestling was absolutely spectacular. You could tell the audience was having a blast and so were the wrestlers. The concerts and comedy were awesome. There was so much stuff to do, it really was a great value. I'll set up a picture gallery soon.

The meet and greets were a cluster gently caress. They only allotted an hour for those, and when you've got 2100 people, it's not enough. At the first two, some people waited in line for hours and then got turned away at the last minute. If those were what you came for, then it probably wasn't worth it. They did a couple of extra meet and greets with Omega, Foley and JR to make up for it, but I think a lot of people were put off. The meet and greets should have been run tighter and been two hours. They group organizing just didn't get wrestling fans.

Room was functional - not glamorous, but fine to sleep in and leave your stuff. Food was plentiful. The buffet was all right, but it was always open. The other free restaurants were quite good as well.

-

All in all, I had a loving riot. It was a lot of fun and if they did it again, I'd strongly consider it, though hopefully they'll go somewhere different to provide variety for people who went.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so you were the street shitter.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

coconono posted:

did you poo poo as soon as you got off the boat? In the street?

Somebody did this?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dangerous Person posted:

Somebody did this?

Wasn't me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dangerous Person posted:

Somebody did this?

https://twitter.com/MartyDeRosa/status/1057632611567353856

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I am going to a rockstar pro show. This is the first time I've seen live wrestling before

My guy puma king is there so I have to go

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Gummy sharks fuckin rule friends

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Do do do do do do

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

The cruise smelled fine - there was plenty of A/C and mostly it was regular rear end people, with only a few kinda creepy gognard types mixed in.

-

Why? My friend desperately wanted to go. I also worked on ships for a few months and figured going as a guest would be a hell of a lot more fun.

-

I did not bang any wrestlers. My friend got hugs from Mick Foley and Ricky Steamboat and Colt Cabana

-

There were a fair number of ladies there. It was a good mix.

-

I had an absolute blast - they'll be airing it on Fight TV or something on Saturday, loving check it out! NXT had nothing on us for crowd interaction. There was a goddamn aloe vera chant. Go out of your way to watch it. The Scurll/Callihan deck fight was also really fun and totally lived up to the premise.

-

Was it worth it? The wrestling was absolutely spectacular. You could tell the audience was having a blast and so were the wrestlers. The concerts and comedy were awesome. There was so much stuff to do, it really was a great value. I'll set up a picture gallery soon.

The meet and greets were a cluster gently caress. They only allotted an hour for those, and when you've got 2100 people, it's not enough. At the first two, some people waited in line for hours and then got turned away at the last minute. If those were what you came for, then it probably wasn't worth it. They did a couple of extra meet and greets with Omega, Foley and JR to make up for it, but I think a lot of people were put off. The meet and greets should have been run tighter and been two hours. They group organizing just didn't get wrestling fans.

Room was functional - not glamorous, but fine to sleep in and leave your stuff. Food was plentiful. The buffet was all right, but it was always open. The other free restaurants were quite good as well.

-

All in all, I had a loving riot. It was a lot of fun and if they did it again, I'd strongly consider it, though hopefully they'll go somewhere different to provide variety for people who went.

That sounds awesome. It's a shame there's no "loser is marooned on a spit of land match".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jiro posted:

That sounds awesome. It's a shame there's no "loser is marooned on a spit of land match".

Didn't they leave Disco in Florida?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamit the breakfast club still is a drat good movie

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't they leave Disco in Florida?

That's an algae hellscape, I meant out in like the Eastern Antillies.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i saw the new fantastic beasts movie and man was it a mess :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That’s a shame, I thought the first one was great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think those movies were doomed the moment they said David Yates would be directing. He somehow manages to make everything so dull, which considering the source material for the last 3 Harry Potter films and the budget he's got is actually kinda extraordinary.

It probably also doesn't help that Eddie Redmayne (Oscar winning actor Eddie Redmayne!) just seemed to decide to do a weird 11th Doctor cosplay for his performance too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The reviews I've read have been absolutely scathing. I liked the first one too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I think those movies were doomed the moment they said David Yates would be directing.

For me at least, those films were doomed the second it was announced they were doing loving 5 of them

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
all the Harry Potter movies except for Prisoner of Azkaban are bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Harry Potter is garbage.The author is an amazing shithead and I can't wait for the plagiarism allegations to come out.

I'm sorry but its true.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

all the Harry Potter movies except for Prisoner of Azkaban are bad.

I remember being a teenager and hearing Alfonso Cuarón was directing that one and getting crazy excited. I was a weird 13 year old.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I liked the Deathly Hallows movies.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Deathly Hallows part 2 was fine. this is all the ground I am willing to give.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
harry potter stinks. every girl i go out on a date with is obsessed with harry potter and i hate it. jk rowling is a thief and has never had an original idea in her life. terry pratchett should have gotten the movie deals

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What books did Rowling take her stuff from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's really funny that the werewolf is named Remus Lupin lol